[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revisiting Elisa Lam and The Elevator Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

File: elisaLam.jpg (48KB, 740x555px) Image search: [Google]
elisaLam.jpg
48KB, 740x555px
First, she was definitely on drugs and accidentally drowned herself in the water tank right? That seems to be the theory that makes the most sense to me. If not that, then I would guess that she was drugged and a hotel employee knowingly made sure she was caught on camera acting drugged so that he could murder her and get away with it, but this is more far-fetched.

Second, what the fuck is the Elevator Game? Has anybody tried it? Wouldn't you just be super creepy if anybody got on the elevator with you during this and you totally ignored them?

Also, what kind of drugs was Elisa on? What makes you act like that?
>>
This shit makes me afraid to play games like that.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>19228035
Just don't talk to the woman
>>
>>19228046
This shouldn't be a problem for anybody here. Surprised more people haven't tried it
>>
>>19228052
That cut deeper than I would like to admit.
>>
"This game appears to originate on a Korean website "

Players:

1 principal
Requirements:

1 building, at least 10 stories high, with an elevator. All three of these conditions must be met in order for the game to proceed.
Instructions:

Venturing Out:

Enter your chosen building and get into the elevator on the first floor alone. Do not proceed if anyone else is in the elevator with you.
Press the button for the fourth floor.
When the elevator reaches the fourth floor, do not get out. Instead, remain in the elevator and press the button for the second floor.
When you reach the second floor, remain in the elevator and press the button for the sixth floor.
When you reach the sixth floor, remain in the elevator and press the button for the second floor.
When you reach the second floor, remain in the elevator and press the button for the tenth floor.
When you reach the tenth floor, remain in the elevator and press the button for the fifth floor.
When you reach the fifth floor, a young woman may enter the elevator. Do not look at her; do not speak to her. She is not what she seems.
Press the button for the first floor. If the elevator begins ascending to the tenth floor instead of descending to the first, you may proceed. If the elevator descends to the first floor, exit as soon as the doors open. Do not look back. Do not speak.
If you reach the tenth floor, you may either choose to get off the elevator or to stay on it. If you choose to get off, and if the woman entered the elevator on the fifth floor, she will ask you, “Where are you going?” Do NOT answer her. Do NOT look at her.
You will know whether you have arrived at the Otherworld by one indication, and one indication only: The only person present in it is you.
>>
>>19228116
The Return Trip:

If you chose to stay on the elevator at the tenth floor:

Press the button for the first floor. If it doesn’t work, keep pressing it until it finally does.
When the elevator reaches the first floor, exit as soon as the doors open. Do not look back. Do not speak.
If you choose to exit the elevator at the tenth floor:

You must use the same elevator to return as the one in which you arrived.
When you enter the elevator, press the buttons in the same order you did in steps 2 through 8 of Venturing Out. You should finish at the fifth floor.
When you reach the fifth floor, press the button for the first floor. The elevator will again begin to ascend to the tenth floor. Press any other floor’s button to cancel the ascension. You MUST press the button you use to cancel the ascension BEFORE you reach the tenth floor.
After you reach the first floor, check your surroundings carefully. If anything seems off—even the smallest detail—do NOT exit the elevator. If you detect something wrong, repeat step 2 until your surroundings look as they should. Once you are confident you have returned to your own world, you may safely exit the elevator.
>>
>>19228127
Additional Notes:

Should you reach the Otherworld, the floor onto which you will emerge will look almost identical to the one from your own world, save for two things: All the lights will be off, and the only thing you will be able to see from the windows is a red cross in the distance.
Some say that electronic devices—mobile phones, cameras, MP3 players, etc.—don’t work in the Otherworld; others say they do.
Getting back to your own world may be more difficult than it seems: You may become disoriented and forget which elevator in which you arrived; the elevator may seem to get further and further away from you as you walk towards; and so on. Be vigilant, and keep your wits about you.
If at any point during the ritual you faint, pass out, or otherwise lose consciousness, you will likely wake up in your own home. However, be sure to carefully examine your surroundings upon waking—the “home” to which you have been returned may not be the one you left when you first set out to attempt this ritual.
Concerning the Woman on the Fifth Floor:

Do NOT speak to her.

Do NOT look at her.

If you do, she may decide to keep you for her own.
>>
>>19228052
kek
>>
My theory, she saw something she shouldn't have and someone was after her. That hotel has a reputation, and I don't think its the guests
>>
>>19228132
using this in the next Kult game
>>
>>19228026

From my own experience: she had to be on some hallucination shit.
I've done a wide spectrum of drugs. And the only thing that makes you act like that is either LSD or strong mushrooms.
You dont do that on heroine or coke. Unless you're on it for 5 days straight without eat or sleep.
But Elisa was not known to take drugs.
In fact, all the people that know her couldnt even believe she had ever taken any drugs at all.
But then someone also could have drugged her.
>>
>>19228026
First of all bitch, even if she did drown herself, how the fuck did she open the giant locked metal tank to do so u fuck
>>
>>19228026
And then, when they found her,the fucking tank was locked again from the outside

bitch
>>
>>19228026
She wasn't on any drugs. She was on some prescriptions for her bipolar and depression. She also drank a beer.

I suspect she was killed.
>>
>>19229648
>>19229650
1) The tank wasn't locked when she entered

2) She drowned because she was high as fuck

3) maintenance comes by later and sees the tank unlocked and says "maybe I'll lock the fucking tank" the last guy must have left it off.

4) maintenance locks tank and doesn't look inside, because why the fuck would he? The last maintenance guy just forgot to lock it.

5) faggot
>>
>>19229648
Calm down there buddy, your salt is showing.
>>
>>19229695
You work in the Hotel? How do you know it was unlocked? Fuck off idiot
>>
>>19229714
he was just stated the most plausible explanation
that makes more sense than wildly speculating some ghostly spoopy shit happened to her
>>
>>19229714
How do you know it was locked? Stop being a triggered bitch just because your precious mystery was probably just drugs.
>>
>>19229721
The most plausible theory is that she was killed. Street was shady and spooks were everywhere
>>19229723
>m-muh triggered
>drugs

read the report you drooling 12 year old
>>
>>19228026
Poltergeists. Thats it. Maybe even Demons. The video always trips me out.
>She presses the button, the doors dont close
>She kinda stays in the elevator
>As soon as she gets off it closes.
>Blackwater
>>
>>19228026
accidentally drowning makes sense except for taking off all her clothes and managing to close the tank behind her

also the elevator video also isn't in real time, you should watch it with the time normalized and it seems to have some minutes cut out
>>
>>19230510
Yes. The footage seems edited. I agree.
>>
File: isleep.jpg (20KB, 285x255px) Image search: [Google]
isleep.jpg
20KB, 285x255px
>be me
>try elevator game
>follow instructions perfectly
>nothing happens
>mfw
>>
Wait whats the full story here? She did this game and ran out of the elevator to drown herself?
>>
>>19229018
According to the toxicology report, she wasn't on any drugs.
>>
>>19230545

You have to go back
>>
Cecil Hotel where she was staying is notoriously spooky

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Hotel_(Los_Angeles)

>13 floors
>Night Stalker
>Black Daliah
>Suicides
>Accidental deaths

And it's located near Skid Row
A shanty town of bums/junkie freaks
>>
>>19232497
Her Tumblr

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Hotel_(Los_Angeles)
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496713693183.jpg (44KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496713693183.jpg
44KB, 720x479px
>>19232530
Doesn't look like Tumblr anon
>>
My bad

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/tagged/life
>>
>>19228026
No drugs in her system
Alarm was set to go off on door leading to roof top
Water tank 10 ft tall, have to use a latter to access it
Lid to tank is very heavy

But she was bipolar/depressed
>>
File: tumblr_or5ae4ntXn1qzhjh2o1_540.jpg (67KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_or5ae4ntXn1qzhjh2o1_540.jpg
67KB, 540x405px
>>19228026
when i first heard the elevator game connection i got excited. but than i asked why would she be playing a game that can get messed up when anyone gets on at any level during business hours? but than i remembered that if the game is successful you are supposedly transported to another dimension. dimensions are like radio stations they are all around us but we are only tuned into one. is it possible that altho we saw her she was not actually here or that maybe the game is more mental?
>>
>>19232610
I can't quite see the pattern of buttons she presses
That might confirm if she was really playing the game
>>
>>19232497
>>19232530
>phoneposting
>>
>>19232620
She seemed to press every buttonto the floors in descending order
>>
>>19232537
Her Tumblr has a fairly creepy vibe to it. She was definitely sad and lonely, but that's pretty normal for a thoughtful girl her age. If you scroll back far enough, there's a webcomic where a sad girl sinks into a tub full of black water and says something like "it's good to be alone."

I'm phone posting do I can't link it. Not saying it's paranormal, just saying the coincidence spooked me a little.
>>
File: 1489037491901.png (200KB, 389x411px) Image search: [Google]
1489037491901.png
200KB, 389x411px
>>19228132
>If you do, she may decide to keep you for her own.

Does this mean I can finally get a gf?
>>
>>19229695
she had no drugs or alcohol in her system you absolute gaylord
>>
File: 1497998398587.jpg (21KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
1497998398587.jpg
21KB, 400x513px
She made a deal with a demon. Demon delivered their end of the bargain and came calling for her soul.

Poor girl, she traded her soul for pettiness and temporary gains.
>>
>>19229695
toxicology report was clean, read something before you embarrass yourself trying to seem intelligent
>>
>>19230545
no fucking shit nothing happened. you rode an elevator up and down for 5 minutes, retard.
>>
>>19233905
what did she ask for? what did she got?
>>
>>19233885
>>19234176
She had Venlafaxine in her system per the toxicology reports. Venlafaxine is not recommended for those with Bipolar Disorder as it can induce mania and mixed episodes. Elisa Lam had bipolar disorder.

Scans of the toxicology report are available online.

https://medium.com/@jddean/elisa-lam-s-autopsy-report-98c3ec03c309
>>
>>19233885
Toxicology reports rarely look for shit like lysergic acids or un-researched phenethylamines like there's a lot of strange chemicals out there also psychosis is one hell of a drug
>>
A staff member killed her & disposed of her body.
>>
>>19234195
+1
>>
>>19229695
How do you know all this shit? Where you there? Tell us, you faggot.
You can't say you know shit, you're just a fucking faggot. kys
>>
>>19234195
That's my fucking point you absolute downy. People take it so seriously and are terrified of the game when its nothing.
Literally like playing bloody Mary in the bathroom. Nothing happens.
>>
>>19235640
Don't be upset because someone is actually using common sense and logical thinking.
Do you think it's more likely something paranormal happened? Fuck off you absolute gimp.
>>
>>19228026
>Also, what kind of drugs was Elisa on? What makes you act like that?

Most likely some sort of dissociative or delerient. Anything from PCP, synthetic cannibinoids, DXM, or even a very high dosage of diphenhydramine. I'm sure it could be anything really. It all depends how her body and mind handles things and also how they may react with her psychotropic medications.
>>
>>19232385
there are many designer drugs that wouldn't show on a toxicology screening
>>
>>19228127
>>19228132
>>19228116
the uncertainty related to the woman is what keeps me from doing this
I dont want to look at her by mistakee
>>
>>19228026
Weird. I never visit this board and I came here to start a thread about this exact topic.
>>
>>19229018
Ok, they said the toxicology report came back clean, but I heard lsd doesn't show up in any of those tests. Can anyone confirm?

Side note, she could have been drugged or accidentally dosed.
>>
But what the fuck is up with her hands?
>>
>>19236302
>It was just a coincidence the staff doors were unlocked that lead to the roof
>It was just a coincidence the water tank was unlocked
>It was just a coincidence this 40lb Asian woman lifted off the cover, climbed inside, replaced the cover and then drowned
>It was just a coincidence the maintenance guy noticed the tank was unlocked and locked it
>It's still just a coincidence he hasn't came out and said he did that, unaware her body was there
>It was just a coincidence that she was so loaded she managed to do all of that and kill herself while leaving no evidence of any kind and managing to get all of the drugs out of her system after she died
>"LOL you fucking larpers are just mad that I'm using logic on you!"
>*tips deerstalker*

What a fucking embarrassment. You even use that retard logic of pretending flimsy possibilities are stone cold fact and the parts you can't explain, even with flimsy evidence, you just outright ignore. To repeat myself, what a fucking embarrassment.
>>
>>19236935
This. If she were killed, how do you explain the erratic behavior?

Also, I'm not a murderer, but wouldn't you have to have some kind of motive? What would possibly compell you to kill some random girl staying at the hotel you work at (btw there were no signs of trauma, so he would most likely had to have knocked her unconscious then thrown her in the water tower to drown) drag her body upstairs (again, the alarm is an issue with this) and then dispose of her body on such a bizarre fashion? All the while risking being seen because it's broad fucking daylight in downtown LA.
>>
https://discord.gg/Q6HTc3
>>
>>19236972
Correction, I just found out this happened around 2 am, but still people were bound to be awake.
>>
Cant remember the exact deets but isnt her name a crazily coincidental anagram for a strain of disease that happened to beeak out after her death? Or maybe the name for the vaccine for the disease? The events are also very similar to a movie but (if im not misremembering) the disease/vaccine connection is a lot more compelling.
>>
>>19236972
>Also, I'm not a murderer, but wouldn't you have to have some kind of motive? What would possibly compell you to kill some random girl staying at the hotel you work at (btw there were no signs of trauma, so he would most likely had to have knocked her unconscious then thrown her in the water tower to drown) drag her body upstairs (again, the alarm is an issue with this) and then dispose of her body on such a bizarre fashion? All the while risking being seen because it's broad fucking daylight in downtown LA.

the urge to kill
>>
>>19237030
Dony know how true but i found something similar to what i was (thankfully not mis) remembering
http://www.themostcommonthemostdeadly.com/single-post/2015/11/19/What-is-the-connection-between-LAMELISA-Test-for-TB-and-Elisa-Lam-Canadian-Tourist-who-was-found-dead-in-a-Water-Tank-in-the-Cecil-Hotel

What a coincidence, fuck.
>>
>>19237037
>the urge to kill

But why? Why go to such extreme lengths? Why not just stab her if you want her dead? What about her strange behavior?
>>
>>19228052
Most underrated post of all time.
>>
>On February 19, 2013, a Canadian tourist, who was visiting California, “Elisa Lam” was found dead in a Water Tank of the Cecil hotel in LA County. The hotel guests used the water that was contaminated by her decayed body to take a shower or to drink. It was reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that about 4,500 people have been infected by TB during this period.

Are they saying these two things are connected? It seems like that's what they're implying, but for some reason they don't state it explicitly.
>>
>>19228116
Haha you kids with your silly games

Y'all know this shit aint real right?
>>
File: 1491857263417.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491857263417.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>19237107
>Y'all know this shit aint real right?
>>
>>19237107
Dare you to do it.
>>
>>19237055
>>19237106
the fuck?
>>
>>19229018
She was a diagnosed schizophrenic. So that's likely where she would have gotten any hallucinations from, since as >>19232385 said, the toxicology report came back clean.
>>
Anyone listed the order of the numbers she pressed to stop the elevator each time?
>>
>>19234384
>trying to salvage this hard
stay braindead faggot
>>
>>19228052
>Pic unironically used
>>
>>19237887
maybe full of "win" isn't correct the attitude, eh captain?
>>
>>19228026
http://thoughtcatalog.com/anonymous/2016/12/i-played-the-elevator-game-and-i-did-it-wrong-the-woman-followed-me-back/
>>
>>19237902
It is full of win for me.
>>
>>19228132
>>19228127
>>19228116
What are things like this called?
I know there were a few of them called the Caldarian Keys or something like that, but I eat this shit up every time they get posted. They make my imagination run wild
>>
>>19228026
why don't people rilise most likely the hotel staff raped and killed her? thay got away with it because it is such a shit hotel it has a reputation ya know... proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbX9lJzl43I
>>
>>19228116
>>19228127
>>19228132
How do you ascertain it's a woman who joins you on the fifth floor if you're not supposed to look at her? If you know it's a woman who's joined you, haven't you already fucked up?
>>
>>19232794
I'm actually surprised just how normal she was. Her tumblr is filled with things like pretty dresses, black and white photos, city skylines, cats, Disney movies, silly comics about being awkward, tasteful anime gifs, and so on. Basically all of the things that you would expect to see on a modern college girl's tumblr.

Also...
>“You’re always haunted by the idea you’re wasting your life.” — Chuck Palahniuk
Cheeky broad was a master of comedy.
>>
>>19228026

All we know is that there was a video of her sperging out acting like someone was chasing her. Other cams show nobody was chasing her. She was either on drugs, had mental illness, something paranormal was going on, or all 3.

Her body is then found in the water tank on top of the hotel after complaints of foul smelling water coming out of the taps. Presumed she drowned.

THE CATCH: The door to the roof is always locked, there's an alarm system that goes off if the door is opened (has to be turned off), and a girl her size just could not have lifted the lid to the water tank (it's 100+ lbs). AND when she was in the tank, someone / something would have had to closed the lid because it's impossible to close from the inside.

My personal opinion is that if something can be explained without going into the paranormal, it's most likely that.

I'd say she was murdered by someone in the hotel. Pretty weird case though nonetheless
>>
>>19229018
I spent a solid 3 years taking lsd 2x a week, and another 3 after that doing the same with shrooms, that type of paranoia usually manifests with hiding/cowering type behavior rather then investigative,although both are presented in the video. Her actions looks more akin to multi-day long amphetamine binge type paranoia then they do lsd/shrooms

Maybe even bath salts or some of the more recent fake cannabis chemicals, if it was a hallucinogen
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.