[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there real stories in Creepypasta? Or all are just clever fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170630_221952.jpg (185KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170630_221952.jpg
185KB, 1152x2048px
Are there real stories in Creepypasta? Or all are just clever fiction
>>
>>19227776
All fake. But that is the point. They are just amateur writers making up short creepy stories for fun. It's like a modern ghost story or any other kind of folktale people have told at night or around camp fires since the dawn of time.

Some may or may not be based on other legends or based on true events, but the stories are fictional. There are other places to look if you want creepypasta that is meant to be real (like the nosleep subreddit) or for stories that are strictly meant to be real.
>>
>>19227792
This is why I have trust issues.
>>
>>19227776
>clever
lol
>>
>>19227776
Creepypasta is amateur horror fiction. That's what it seems to be, and that's what it is. I need to point out that not every screencap off /x/ is creepypasta, some of them are of Anons recounting experiences that supposedly happened to them. If you want not to believe them, you can call them roleplayers or liars, but that's different than creepypasta.

But with that clarified, I can say more. Some horror writing is inspired by legends or folktales, which may themselves be made up. That can be hard to determine after the original sources become obscured by time. Some horror fiction is inspired by true events, even ones personal to the authors, that have been fictionalized. A good example is how Stephen King's novel Misery came out of the experience of him being hit by a vehicle and spending several hours lying injured by a country road. Still other horror fiction deals with common fears, and in that sense may be valid regardless of whether it's true. So there can be grains of truth scattered about, intentional or accidental.

>>19227940
Don't believe or disbelieve anything that you can't substantiate for yourself. People lie, online and off. Decide what's important enough to you to bother making sure of, check into it, and let the rest slide.

Also, that tripfag should be ignored. His opinions are consistently uninformed. For example, nosleep is all fiction and has a policy where everyone has to pretend otherwise (for the sake of immersion). It's right there in the sidebar, anyone who's been there knows as much.
>>
The rake is a creepypasta and he is real. Maybe other creepypastas exist?
>>
>>19227994
>For example, nosleep is all fiction and has a policy where everyone has to pretend otherwise (for the sake of immersion). It's right there in the sidebar, anyone who's been there knows as much.

I said that.

>There are other places to look if you want creepypasta that is meant to be real (like the nosleep subreddit)

I clearly say it is creepypasta and meant to be real as in they are portrayed as being real despite being fiction. You should learn how to read. I don't know how you can call me uninformed when you don't even have basic reading comprehension.
>>
>>19228121
>the rake is real
yes, there's even one in your shed right now waiting to strike a pile of leaves in your lawn
>>
>>19227776
>creepypasta
>clever fiction

Oh you, anon.
>>
>>19227994
Dear Dumbass,
King was hit by a vehicle in 1999. Misery was published in 1987. When you're trying to come across as an authority, check your facts. Sincerely,
/published horror author none of you have heard of
>>
>>19227776
Then barbie one sounded realistic enough.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.