[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation/Higher Realm General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: 83095720571.jpg (67KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
83095720571.jpg
67KB, 600x489px
In this thread we discuss experiences, techniques, wisdom, etc about meditation and the higher realm in general.

I would like to know if anyone has a particular meditation that they've found more effective than others. I've heard that ocean/wave based sounds can help align the inner self with your higher self.
Also, on a related note. Has anyone had any experience with calea ternifolia (dream herb) for lucid dreaming purposes?
>>
File: 1498758727900.jpg (5KB, 182x188px) Image search: [Google]
1498758727900.jpg
5KB, 182x188px
I meditate laying on back. I don't get all the autists who claim you NEED to be sitting in lotus position for christ sake. Indians were manlets who had nothing to do all day but sit in that position.
>>
>>19225760
It's easier to breathe sitting up and you are at greater risk of falling asleep if you lay down, but whatever works for you is always the best option.
>>
Try Tien Ta Wan, it's a Chinese herb press. As well as the jow that a similar manufacturer sells. Both have done wonders for my meditation.
>>
>>19225760
I agree that laying down is a much more comfortable position especially for beginners. Yea it may increase the risk of falling asleep but then there is a good chance of entering a lucid dream, which to me is also a win. Sitting indian style takes practice to get comfortable with and I simply don't care to train myself to sit in a manner I haven used since grade school.
>>
music from a source even just slightly more powerful than your phone is really effective at getting your muscles between your ears to work for your brain's two chakras. lots of dense *active* nerve is the reason you have consciousness essentially, that's what it feels like at least because the activity scales on itself and you can create feedback effects. the trick is putting two of them on each hand, positive and negative feedback for a total of four surfaces like the magnetic torus or alchemical sphere.
>>
>>19225805
could you expand on that a little more? I understand the basis of music opening up chakras but never in the way you've described. What do you mean positive and negative feedback effects? What type of music accomplishes this?
>>
>>19225760
I like to mix it up. If I am tired and meditate on my back I do tend to fall asleep which isn't always what I want. I find lying down is much better for experiential meditations and altered consciousness in a "deeper"? manner.

When I do sitting meditations I tend to sit up against a wall with legs straight, the whole cross legged shit is obviously bullshit, but sitting does help with more wakeful meditations. I find it tends to take me "higher"? with more aware and focused states.

It's nice to mix it up and get a more varied set of experiences. Standing and walking meditations can also be fun and offer some different angles to explore so I would recommend throwing some in now and then.

For me I find that a single type is very limiting and giving yourself a breadth of options not only gives you a wider understanding but makes it more interesting too.
>>
>>19225783
>>19225804
Yeah I can see why laying down is not advised due to risk of falling asleep, but I dont have that.

Besides, there's a benefit. You can very, very swiftly learn how to voluntarily enter hypnagogic state through meditating laying down which can lead you to lucid if you want, or give you really vivid imaginery.
>>
Third eye chakra is aching a lot lately, what's the deal enlightenment lads?
>>
whenever i meditate i am assaulted by dark thoughts and past traumas to the point where i've spiraled out and felt genuinely terrified that i was losing my sanity

how do i stop this?
>>
>>19225840
By experiencing them of course or going to therapy. You can't avoid them.

I meditate daily 30min/1h and am starting to get weird feelings from childhood when I fall asleep, which are really terrifying and sad. I am really grateful I get the chance to experience a feeling I experienced as a child. That's time travel if anything.
>>
File: P1040408 TWO.jpg (703KB, 1618x1000px)
P1040408 TWO.jpg
703KB, 1618x1000px
>>19225814
your visual field is dharmic, that's what you should be meditating on. the positive and negative events in your mind come entirely out of that picture your head is good at filtering out. the pelvis is a skull, consciousness is actually made in the way synesthesia is promoted
>>
>>19225751

How can i start to meditate anons?
>>
>>19225858
Be aware of the breath. Focus on the sensation of it. Any physicals sensations or thoughts that arise, perceive them without judgement. Every time your mind wanders from the breath, gently bring it back to the breath. Every time you do this, it's like a push-up for your brain, so it will take time and practice. YouTube "Sam Harris guided meditation" for a good introduction. Ideally, you should do this 30-60 minutes a day. 15-20 just don't do it for me.
>>
How can I go about associating scenery and environments that have always produced negativity to me and replace it with positivity or at a minimum neutrality? My home and more specifically certain rooms in my home promote such potent negativity and doubt in me, presumably from past experiences and mentalities in said rooms. Can anyone relate? Or do I sound like someone that's lost his mind?
>>
File: IMG_1052.jpg (151KB, 800x458px)
IMG_1052.jpg
151KB, 800x458px
I found that lying on my side works, I don't fall asleep and it is more comfortable than the lotus position.
>>
>>19227801
So, you're basically just relaxing and daydreaming. Pretty sure meditation is more than laying down and thinking about shit.
>>
>>19225814
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8TL4wGBx5g
>>
>>19227825
look its that judgemental tripfag who has to get an uneducated word in about every fucking thread on this board
>>
>>19227825
Especially doing it for days at a time, I guess I am just a waste of space.
>>
been following this book from the clairvision school: http://www.eso-garden.com/specials/awakening_the_third_eye.pdf

seems pretty legit so far, everything they say is pretty clear and applicable. Been looking for their other books but I think this might be the only one on the internet. if anyone has them, let me know.
>>
>>19227956
Thanks for this, interestingly I've already been doing some of these techniques without being explicitly taught them. (Aura reading etc)
>>
how do you actually meditate? do you just lay down and think about random shit or are you supposed to be thinking about something in particular? or nothing at all?
>>
>>19228134
There are many types of meditation. So, it depends on what you hope to accomplish. Even if you were only referring to Buddhist meditation or something like that there are a lot of different things. Because meditation is generally supposed to be a tool alongside other things, not an end in itself. Like for most (not all) Buddhists the ultimate goal is to contemplate nothingness. But to work to that level there is a lot of study and work (such as those sand pictures they make or even tulpas) to get to that point.

If you mean modern meditation then pretty much anything you want if it relaxes you.
>>
File: 1498679866142.png (275KB, 469x347px)
1498679866142.png
275KB, 469x347px
>>19225751
How do I stop thoughts from being transmitted/broadcast to others?
>>
>>19226026
This is very understandable, but you can always "clean up" the energy in the room with affirmations, telling yourself for example, "my memories in this room do not affect my current situtation in the now", because ultimately, you're practicing being in "the now moment", not thinking about the past ... Otherwise I would recommend going into nature, some place where you feel good. I always feel good at one spot in a forest near my home, just listening to nature, the birds, the wind and be one with it.
>>
>>19225814
Listening to Death Grips helps
>>
>>19228233
this is difficult, you actually have to stop thinking.
>>
>>19228233
cursed image
>>
>>19225760
It should be done in all different asanas you sperg. Haven't seen any legit Indian text that claims you can only meditate in lotus. Also laying on back increases chances of falling asleep, which, if you do fall asleep,means you're not getting anything out of doing it that you wouldn't get from taking a nap.
>>
I listen to some lo-fi music when I meditated. Should I be doing this? The music helps me relax because when i try to meditate without music,I tend to focus on far off sounds since I have very sensitive hearing.

But,I always end up reaching a stage where I don't even notice the music is playing. Is that okay?
>>
>>19227825
>feeling the need to trip, especially when you are dumb as fuck
>>
When you are meditating to astral project, or visit other planes, do you have to do so in the dark, or can it be done in the light?
>>
File: mimosa.gif (2MB, 300x265px)
mimosa.gif
2MB, 300x265px
>>19227825
>Pretty sure meditation is more than laying down and thinking about shit.

Yeah it's the exact opposite of that, not more. it's about not thinking about anything. Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>19227825
Spoken like a true tripfaggot
>>
>>19232473
Meditation is about focusing inwards. It's not about starting or stopping thought. Whatever happens when you focus inward shouldn't grab your will so much you focus on it. You should observe, accept[Get over it], and refocus inwards.
>>
>>19230580
Bright or moderately noisy environments have always worked better for me.
>>
DMT COMMUNICATION WITH MACHINE ELVES
>>
File: 1487025690945.jpg (61KB, 918x623px)
1487025690945.jpg
61KB, 918x623px
>>19228166
congratulations at saying absolutely nothing my friend.
>>19228134
you sit, and simply watch the mind. observe it with a detached awareness. The ultimate goal is to completely transcend the mind, and live full time in that detached awareness.
>>
i find that zazen works a treat
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.