[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visualisation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: emea-visualisation-july.jpg (56KB, 580x296px) Image search: [Google]
emea-visualisation-july.jpg
56KB, 580x296px
What is the most effective way to train your visualisation skills?
>>
Play Counter-Strike
>>
>>19222805
this plus strobe light
>>
>>19222800

>inb4 autistic screeching

Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics has some solid exercises, definitely worth reading for them even if the rest of it is drek.
>>
>>19222800

Serious post

I had neuro feedback brain mapping done on me in 8th grade (23 now) because my mom thought it would help with (((autism))). I moved before I completed the full process but I had a couple sessions

one day the guy told me that what he was doing was targeting an area of the brain that increased visualization and dreaming. I guess it improved, and I really do have good visualization and very vivid dreams, but I also had fairly good visualization before I started, but they said that it would be a long term process long after it stopped. it esentially was trying to retrain your brain
also diet is a huge part

you can also sleep / chill with ambient music/ binary beats more often
>>
>>19222800
The more you visualize the less you experience real life. Why in the fuck would you do that to yourself. I've been doing it since I was a kid, naturally I decided I'd want to be a film director since it seemed like all I was good for. I envisioned the two first decades of my career in full detail and every single movie idea I'd be making within that timespan. The visualization is too strong, it replaced my entire life. I can't take living in this state anymore.
>>
>>19222800
Where thought goes energy flows. Read Raja Yoga by Vivekananda and practice his methods. Over time visual snow will become more apparent. This is a sign that the "veil" is thinning. As you progress visualization and other imagined senses will become stronger. Follow the breath as it travels and you will notice that when focusing on the head the "snow" intensifies.
>>
I play tetris in my head when I go to sleep.

I'm absolutely serious. It feels totally real.
>>
>>19222800
the easiest way to train visualisation is to look up pictures that are easily reconizeable and picture them in your head like you are looking at them its going to be tough at first so start with small objects like pencils and shit, and slowly work your way up to bigger objects and then landscapes or landmarks, eventually you will work your way up to video footage, 1-2 second segments of a clip from a video and basically you just keep scaling it up as much as you can, the key is to practice this every day even if its just a few minutes, maybe before or during your meditation sessions.
>>
>>19222805
yeah
>>
>>19224021
Are you talking about actually seeing the image like a CEV or OEV? Or do you mean just "seeing" with the mind's eye?
>>
Close your eyes and imagine, feel the magic. Vegas on acid seen through YSL glasses.
>>
>>19222800
Jewish Meditation. Not joking.
>>
>>19224042
ok yeah i thought the way i said it could have been easily misunderstood, so i'll break it down. basically you look up a picture and study every detail for a good minute or two. close your eyes and try to recall every detail of it you can in your head or with your "minds eye" as you put it.

keep practicing until the object you studied you visualized 100% accurately, move on to another object slowly increasing the amount of detail and the size of the object, moving into landscapes, and then onto video footage after this point just keep increasing the amount of footage and as much detail as you can manage.
>>
>>19222805
I actually agree with this guy. Chess helps too, anything that follows game theory really.
>>
>>19222945
This can be a serious problem for me too. I daydream conversations I could be having with people while I'm sitting next to them in silence.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.