[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting over dying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 20170617_185448.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170617_185448.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
It's not possible to comprehend not existing and I can go longer enjoy life without being in a state or constant dread (hard materialist atheist) but I want to just enjoy living. I know physically speaking my component parts are eternal even by scientific properties, but my emergent sense of self knows it is also finite and I have no way of imagining existence without my mind.
>>
>>19222065
I recommend Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. But in particular- a Mindfulness course.

If you stick it out, it really works.

As for science and the afterlife? I still remember a very basic principle from high school: energy cannot be destroyed or created but metamorph infinitely into other forms or energy... Could it be possible that 'spiritual' enjoy would follow this rule.

Other points to make:
>existence is a product of consciousness not the other way round, if we have a collective consciousness as living things, this will always exist along with the universe
>What if time exists simultaneously (past present and future) what if when you die, you 'restart'
>Multiverse/infite parallel universes: what if when we die we simply enter another universe as a different version of ourselves in a different setting?

All of the above is theoretical of course. But I believe there is something past death.
>>
>>19222065
Kys
>>
>>19222065
Get into transhumanism, man. The dragon of death won't slay itself, but it's also not too big for man to slay. If we can just hold off socialized healthcare a bit longer and give human individuals the freedom to extend their lives as long as their resourcess allow, we will start seeing some impressive lifespans. Human longevity is merely an engineering problem awaiting the application of sufficient capital.
>>
>>19222065
>hard materialist atheist
This is just about the worst mentality you could possibly adopt, thus you've conditioned yourself to the material mode of ignorance, or Tamas, and experience dread as a result.

>but my emergent sense of self knows it is also finite and I have no way of imagining existence without my mind.
Your materialistic conception of life is entirely wrong, life is not a material phenomenon but a spiritual one. It is the living soul in a body manifested as consciousness that sustains the body, not the other way around. Simply by being able to discriminate between a living organism and a dead corpse establishes the existence of the soul, and thus spiritual existence as well. Your real self is the soul, manifested as consciousness and you as the soul are an eternal being that never was born nor will ever die. From your materialistic conception of life you identify yourself as the material world, thinking "I am this body," or "I am American," or "I am French" and so on. All of these designations are simply material labels falsely taken to be the self out of false ego and should be abandoned.

>I want to just enjoy living
Every living soul does, however we currently exist on a false platform of enjoyment. Although we are spiritual beings, we are currently conditioned into a material existence. Most conditioned souls today try to enjoy life through materialistic means of indulging in sensory pleasures. Such enjoyment is temporary however, and can't bring about real satisfaction or happiness. The resulting situation is the conditioned soul trying to enjoy life, but only suffering as a result. This cycle is called samsara. Thus the goal of life is to attain Moksha, or liberation from the material world and return to the spiritual world.
>>
>>19222065
Eat some shrooms and smoke some weed.

Have your kids and continue your line, you are immortal in them.
>>
The materialists are as cucked as the spiritualists. I suppose it is simply a facet of human behavior. Scientists are consistently disouraged in a rabid manner to avoid certain subjects. Particularly in the medical field the subject of NDE's.

Now before you go "Waaah DMT and blahblahbalh" as for a pat explanation about the process of death there are two major issues I've had with the selected evolution dismissal.

First, how do you select for a behavior and trait at the moment of death? That is, NDE's can't be a consistently selected trait since those that experienced it are in a far minority (after they came back). And the commonality of the trait can't be passed along since the largest body of individuals to pass on the trait literally die. Presumably it could be a trait that coincides with other selectable and useful phenotypes, but then again most of our academic institutions don't entertain the idea.

Secondly, there is a growing body of evidence that people are experiencing these NDE's when neurlogically speaking the subject is in a state that would prevent most common explanations. For example a TIA who locus is centered around the neocortex/hippocampus.

Beyond that, I can't offer you any useful tips OP. I believe you're wrong in your view point and that's that.

You might also want to take the burgeoning field of quantum biology. The natural structures we see in nature often exhibit quantum phenomenon as the driving context for which the effect is observed. Such as optimized selection of electron collection in photosynthesis as an electron tunneling effect. The overall process of consciousness could very well be established in quantum processes. And given that, there are dimensionality in which consciousness can be expressed that fits with the spiritual model.
>>
File: 1494660286559.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494660286559.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>19223366
Where'd you learn that?
>>
>>19224167
Dude how do i put all the knowledge in your head into my head
>>
>>19222065
>my component parts are eternal even by scientific properties
Huh, no. Look for proton decay, heat death, and Big Rip.
>>
>>19222065
Simply realize that all things die and that non permanence is the true nature of the self.
Make peace with who you are and live the best life you can lead.
You will die, even with trans-humanism as someone else pointed out, so you are better making peace with this during your life.
Otherwise, the after life might nor be so enjoyable.
>>
>>19222065

Start to worship death as a dear friend, as is is as much a gift as life.

Imagine you would be immortal and have to see everything you love decaying around you. Everythink you know is constantly being replaced by new stuff.

You, me and everyone here, we will all die and be part of the infinite history. Our components, that got created in the big bang, will forever recombine into something new, as it was since the beginning.

Everything will die, but nothing is lost. Your conciousness is eternal, because time is only linear for your human brain. Once you are free from it you are free to experience time a different way, not anymore chained to it.

Enjoy your live and be excited for death, it´s just the next step in your cyclic existence.
>>
File: epicurus_death_quote.jpg (67KB, 551x551px) Image search: [Google]
epicurus_death_quote.jpg
67KB, 551x551px
>>19222065

Keep worrying about death and you'll never truly live.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=de2grEPn7rg
>>
>>19222065
Life is an endless cycle, being dead is like a dream before reincarnation.
>>
>>19223433
This is just about the worst mentality blah blah

So what ideology should OP delude themselves with?
>>
>>19224819
>proton decay
Theorized, there's more proof of skinwalkers than proton decay, and energy (what I meant by component parts more than matter) doesn't get destroyed.

>Heat death
Doesn't destroy anything, just makes work impossible.
>Big Rip
Alternative theory to heat death, also doesn't destroy energy.
>>
>>19226885
Hard materialism is just as much a delusion.

>>19224862
>after life
Well shit Anon if I believed/knew there was one of those I wouldn't have this problem in the first place.

>>19226278
Dank quote.
>>
File: IMG_5096.jpg (46KB, 1000x561px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5096.jpg
46KB, 1000x561px
This is all probably just in your head anyway OP. All of these responses these other people are posting are all really just different responses your own mind made up. Life is a dream. When you die you'll wake up, take off the VR goggles, and go take a shit
>>
>>19227268
This but unironically. Existence is just a product of your consciousness OP, ever had a lucid dream?
>>
>>19228373
I have not. I've heard about a lot of NDE's but they seem to get dismissed as DMT trips a lot.
>>
>>19222065
This probably isn't a spiritual as you're looking for, but here's my 2 cents.

Eat, sleep, fuck. Life your life then die. Then you'll either comprehend your non-existence, or you won't.
>>
If your fear of the believed possibility of complete annihilation is stronger than your ability to consider alternatives, then you will be stuck with that view whether you believe it or not.

This is my current thought on this from personal experience with this problem. I had anxiety issues and one panic attack over this idea (probably reinforced by an upbringing where you're surrounded by other teenagers who tend towards the view of "science is/knows everything" just to seem smart) is all it takes for it to stick in there. I'm gradually becoming able to separate from the view as I reinforce the idea that even if this were true, the fear is absolutely meaningless and also harmful.
>>
The body dies, but the "here-ness" your consciousness occupies, its basic presence to itself, is more or less eternal. The beauty is when it's nothing, you're not there to know it, you only ever are here to say to you're here. The nothingness before your birth was posited retroactively, it's not like you were floating in it to say so.
>>
File: flood9.png (2MB, 1746x972px) Image search: [Google]
flood9.png
2MB, 1746x972px
>>19222065
>It's not possible to comprehend not existing and I can go longer enjoy life without being in a state or constant dread (hard materialist atheist) but I want to just enjoy living.

Are you sure your physiology is capable of perceiving the universe as it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5lxaVrUgA
>>
>>19228873
If you really want to make yourself question reality, get good at lucid dreaming. Explore your dreams with all your senses, the level of accuracy of stuff like lighting and physics in your dreams really make you wonder if you're not just trapped in your head even in real life.
>>
>>19230553
I have no idea what any of that means.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.