[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel like there is an active effort on /x/ to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 424.png (398KB, 680x437px) Image search: [Google]
424.png
398KB, 680x437px
Does anyone else feel like there is an active effort on /x/ to make it into a board centered around obviously fake stories?
Think of reddit communities like NoSleep and GlitchInTheMatrix. Completly no-effort communities with nothing but bad writing trying to act like it's real.

It seems like so many threads and posts on here are just that. Dead ends. It's all watering down the board as a whole.
I love /x/ and the paranormal, and it needs to have some sort of end or reasonable basis.

Does anyone else feel the same? The real /x/ is out there, why do we make it even harder by filling up communities with fake attention seeking stories?
>>
>>19221421
The only threads I can think of like that are the vampire threads and maybe some of the "I am god" threads.
>>
>>19221421
nah, pretty normal each summer, eventually they'll go away
>>
It's on all the major boards anon. It's social manipulation, not just summerfags
>>
The janitors are actively hostile to the user population. They leave in things that mock the board and cull things that look too sincere. It's a conspiracy, of sorts, but there's no depth to it. It's just a few people with a general antipathy and no sense of responsibility, because it's 4chan, and nobody is getting paid enough to take it seriously.

Also maybe goons took the moderation over or something, I dunno. The memewar between the chans and goons is still going on and the guy who owns 4chan got scalped by it.
>>
It's s board with maybe a dozen anons with real occult or paranormal experiences, along with one or two anons who know it all and those who are actively hostile to the paranormal being real.
>>
File: BTBR5.jpg (1MB, 5616x3744px) Image search: [Google]
BTBR5.jpg
1MB, 5616x3744px
>>19222565
Mostly this.
Also psy-ops and astroturfing.
>>
>>19221421
They've been taking /pol/'s strategy by filling everything up with post-ironic memes that attract young people and causes them to listen to what they're saying. The ol 'I'm just kidding around but no seriously I'm being serious.'
>>
>>19221421
No. Nobody here is important. This board really is shitty teenagers and obese 45 year old catladies/weirdoa that live in RV's. There is literally nothing of value here aside from entertainment.
>>
>>19222601
I'm a man in my 50s with a family, education, and a successful career. I'm not schizophrenic, delusional, or anything else of that nature. Yet I've seen UFOs and I was an occultist when I was younger. And here I am, idk anon.
>>
>>19222611
I believe in ufos too but I'm saying most people here aren't some network of researchers with walls of sticky notes and thumb tacks. It's just bored people trying to pass the time.
>>
>>19222601
I'm neither of those kinds of losers, but I'm still a loser. A well-entertained loser wandering around here. I like taking in the emotional kaleidoscope and pretending I give a shit about otherworldly matters.
>>
It's like this on every board. You know how Soros paid people to chant in the streets, you'd be retarded not to think the same isn't happening on the net.

Moreso, they do organized raids during summer so you see a lot more of these shills.
>>
>>19222718
Reminder, if someone just wants to degrade the perceived quality of discourse, there are few ways easier than pretending to be concerned about shills.
>>
>>19221421
This is the end of the proof age.

Imagine that I asked you to prove that you are human. What would you do? Post a picture?

How do I know it's really YOUR picture?

You could, theoretically post your address, and an invite an anonymous camera crew to document your life style. But, how do I know that's really YOUR address? Maybe you just hired a human actor, to step in for you.

It's over, friend. The tradition or knowing with absolute certainty that a thing either is, or is not true, is collapsing in on its self. For every actual non-terrestrial space dude who came to the Earth to hang, there is a government replica, designed specifically to throw people who don't know what a flying car ordinarily looks like. (They are single piece, fused together. No seams, no bolts, certainly no rattling.)

Engineers are simultaneously designing self replicating nanobots shaped like bacteria, and using genetic recombination ON bacteria to make them behave more like the nanobots. So as soon as those escape from the laboratory, people won't know what germs are synthetic or organic any more.

People record UFOs on their phones, and the resolution is so low, that it can't be either verified, or not. But in order for cell phone companies to manufacture phones with enhanced resolution, the software engineers who design the programming for those cameras need to have access to better image editing software, which people can use to shoop in more realistic UFOs onto their cell phone recordings.

It's so done. No body has any idea what is or isn't real any more, except for what you experience here, and now.

I hope you've been taking notes these last few decades, because from now on it's all going to be possible, including the experience of "that's not possible." That's going to become increasingly possible as well.
>>
>>19222745
Okay, you know what? You're officially just a shill. Fuck off back to Soros and quit spreading your po-mo bullshit.
>>
>>19222394
>Also maybe goons took the moderation over or something

That's exactly what happened to Reddit. All of the major subs have been heavily infiltrated
>>
>>19222770
Yeah, I know. Knowing it happened to reddit is where I got the idea that it might've happened here, too. Honestly though, I think it's simple enough to attribute this one to antipathy/ignorance. The janitors are just differently retarded from the userbase.
>>
>>19221421
>>19222578

its disinformation

>>19222745

new authentication will arise soon, have faith and encourage people to study math
>>
>>19222753
Was it too long for you to read? The guy made some pretty good points
>>
>>19222841
Ooh, look. Condescension. Such persuasive.

It was a wall of text about why nobody should ever believe anything, retard. Hypocrite that you are thinking such a thing could ever prove anything itself.
>>
>>19222852

pol / DC fag here AMA >>19222818

tell me whats you would want someone in DC to know

and sorry im not doing time stamps/ proof because because
>>
>> it's disinformation

This. Sure there are a great amount of losers who want to escape whatever suffering they have in their lives, but I'm convinced there is more to it.
>>
>>19222861
I see your (you). What I would want someone in DC to know..? You're probably just a black dude in the poorer parts of DC, but whatever. I have the same message everywhere. Have faith in markets. Markets are made of people pursuing their own interests BY SERVING THE NEEDS OF OTHERS. The only two ways of arranging society are markets and violence; it is the choice between rewarding the meek who service others (market) or the strong who dominate them (government).

If you wanted something paranormal, I got nothing. What little I've seen in the way of phenomenon has no political or otherwise practical significance whatsoever.
>>
>>19221421
Not really some people are just fucking dumb enough to believe anything. That or overhype and overexagerate dumbshit.
>>
>>19222852
Oh look. Name-calling. Such persuasive. Is calling people retards something you do i every conversation, retard? Mabe that's why you don't have any friends
>>
File: onion_man.png (803KB, 838x1061px) Image search: [Google]
onion_man.png
803KB, 838x1061px
>>19221421
I did a happening thread asking people if they knew of anything big (metaphysical) happening next week and 3+ tripcode namefags proceeded to shit up the thread with 50+ useless bants. They could have shit up ANY thread but they "conveniently" chose that one.

So yes, there is an organized effort to make /x/ 100% gay and tarded. You should probably try the forums on Above Top Secret.
>>
>>19225318
namefags attract each other. If one posts then its an infestation and they instantly all converge in a few threads. Nothing special about your thread.
>>
>>19222394
There's always the other /x/. It would be nice if that place could get a few more posters.
>>
>>19221421
Oh look, it's our weekly
>/x/ isn't what I think it should be
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.