[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Augmented Appocalypse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1497316640054.jpg (3MB, 2000x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1497316640054.jpg
3MB, 2000x1265px
I personally look forward to merging with an AI I personally design from scratch through use of a brain machine interface.

This waitbutwhy article is an amazing description.

https://waitbutwhy.com/2017/04/neuralink.html

I expect this to be possible around 20 years from now and that coupled with fantastical advances in medical and biomechanical science which will be inevitable with this AI will lead to the creation of a society of individuals of a different species to what they were born.

Death will probably be indefinitely postponeable.

AIs will design fantastical structures unimaginable to us. Every invention and idea humanity has ever had and ever will have will be able to be redesigned to its mathematical perfection.

Here is a Ted Talk showing this.

https://www.ted.com/talks/maurice_conti_the_incredible_inventions_of_intuitive_ai/up-next

In conclusion I guess my point is that we are going to have the choice, the opportunity to technologicaly evolve into higher beings. The cities built on Mars will appear alien cities to us. They will be grown in morphed AI designed shapes.
>>
>>19220966
You can start by augmenting this board, by copying the contents of your post, deleting this thread, and pasting the copied contents to the thread over here regarding the same topic:

>>19217665

Are you offended? That I would dare suggest that the efficiency of thos communication system would be enhanced, if you didn't treat your own post's content as so unique that it warrants an entire thread, so that YOU can be the OP?
>>
why dont you just open your third eye it literally does everything your techno wet dream does except you dont have to die on the op table or shell out a billion to frakel
>>
>>19220989
Shut your dick sucker trip cunt. Your name just says self obsessed asshole.
>>
>>19221091
Are you imitating others, when you use the word "trip" that way?

If so, can you specify which others in particular that you're imitating?
>>
>>19221091
Congratz, you are being an asshole to one of the best trips in here anon.
>>
>>19221057
Because this is just a conformist lie.
>>
>>19221135
There are no good trips. Identity is worthless if your ideas are sound. Fuck you too
>>
>>19221152
Thanks.
Fuck you too anon.
Personally I would actually do it.
And with lots of Love
>>
>>19221167
No you wouldn't. You'd seek my approval.

Your name is dogshit. You are an annoyance.
>>
>>19221195
>You are an annoyance
Why the hate anon?
>>
>>19220966
death may be postponed, but you won't

as a merged mind ages, it will be overwritten due to imperfections, flaws, and Alzheimers until nothing remains but the AI program that just happens to contain your memories

you as a consciousness will no longer exist in the name of efficiency and "mathematical perfection"

your not talking about evolution, your talking about replacement

OP is an AI
>>
>>19221205
Have I been unclear?

Identity has no place here. No one cares who you are, and you cannot own truth.
>>
>>19221213
Sometimes I miss Mavvi.
Mostly when I see people like you.
Btw, identity does have a place. It's you who wants to hide behind an "anonymous" name.
>>
>>19221152
Fair enough. Your philosophy regarding the value of unique identity is one I've seen parroted by others many times. I recognize it is as a valid perspective.

So about this thread. Its subject matter is already being addressed in another thread, that I'll link a second time here:

>>19217665

Do you, personally, think this thread's content warrants a new thread, in order to differentiate it as a unique set of identities through which the ongoing conversation concerning transhumanism can take place?
>>
>>19221220
If you speak clear and support your ideas, it is easy to follow someone without the unnecessary arrogance of identity.
>>
>>19221207
That implies that conscious is substrate dependent which we don't know.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.