[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I need to move far, far away.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Deer.jpg (54KB, 366x427px) Image search: [Google]
Deer.jpg
54KB, 366x427px
> it's 2:55 am
>Power was out the past 2 days thanks to fallen tree.
> Pitch black for miles around my house.
> Lives in really isolated woodland
> Hears ungodly how's like something out of a horror film.
>Is unsure of sounds but peeks out of my windows and can't see anything near my house (in at least 40 yards to the tree line)
> Sounds very close to what I would imagine a skinwalker or Wedigo sounds like
>Cowers inside my house
> Sounds persist until about 2hrs ago (roughly sunrise for me)
> Power restored about 30min ago.
>Never wants to leave my house again. What do?
>>
>>19220468
A deer's mating call maybe? They sound horrible
>>
File: 13501807.jpg (160KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
13501807.jpg
160KB, 960x960px
>>19220468
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>19220468
1. Run to the car.
2. Drive to civilization
3. Rent hotel room
4. Find new house in civilization
5. Buy house
6. Move in.

Also, could you provide audio recordings for us to analyze? We could determine if it was a supernatural creature or a local animal.
>>
>>19220468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af2pGVeWDVg
>>
>>19220468
Lots of creepy sounds in the woods man, mating calls, mountain lion cries, hell even cows/calves can be bone chilling sometimes. As long as you didn't smell anything chances are it was another kind of wildlife. Skinwalkers will also usually approach and mess with your residence if they are targeting you. Throw shit at your house, scratching, etc. if it was one and it wasn't targeting you nothing really to worry about, don't try any warding rituals (burning sage, etc) cause all that will do is draw it towards targeting you and won't do anything if one isn't messing with you.
>>
>>19222675
I'm not into american myths
Do skinwalkers look like those from "Until Dawn" or like OP's pic?
>>
>>19222694
And are "skinwalkers" and "wendigos" two differemt species or just two names of one specie?
>>
>>19220468
Wood ar puractly saef, no skenwalkurs. Yuo r saef. Tri walk inna wood, come alone, and bring no flayshlite!
>>
File: 1498331045074.jpg (123KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498331045074.jpg
123KB, 640x640px
>>19222694
Theyre shapeshifters so they can assume the form of an animal. Most of the time it looks like an animal but behaves like a human or has humanoid characteristics, i.e. animals standing on 2 legs stuff like that.
>>
>>19222694
They look like neither, I am 2/3 Atsina and live in the middle of Utah near an area with lots of native paranormal goings on, right by the San Rafael Swell. I believe I have had 4 close encounters with skinwalkers from childhood until now all in this area, 2 of which I got a good look at them. The first one was a coyote that stood up on two legs and walked like a man, the second was what appeared to be a small stature man wearing a bleached deer skull on his head and traditional but worn native buckskins with a medicine bag around his neck. the first one I saw when I was drawing my revolver to shoot it when it stood and walked into a small rock cave, the second one was peeking around a rock while I was camping and drinking with some friends. The first one spooked me and the second one outright filled me with dread, the second one also left deer tracks spaced like those of a mans stride when it walked away and the smell was horrendous. Later in the night we heard a shriek while leaving that sounded human, definitely not animal then left. So, skinwalkers look nothing like most depictions and either appear as bad medicine man or complete animals (thus, skinwalker. as they walk in the skins of animals). usually the horrifying depictions like op's pic fit more into line of wendigos than skinwalkers.

Skinwalkers (yee naaldlooshii) are usually just practitioners of bad medicine who have been transformed by the rituals taking parts of their spirit while wendigos are monsters created by the consumption of human flesh which turns them into horribly disfigured creatures. It is not impossible for a skinwalker to also be a wendigo, but I have not heard of any conclusive evidence such a thing is possible either. as for attacks, they can be similar but skinwalkers tend to be less violent and more maliciously playful. Wendigos on the other hand are just outright vicious and brutal.
>>
File: 46587694567456.jpg (45KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
46587694567456.jpg
45KB, 640x484px
>>19222694
>>19222844

closest photo to an "actual" skinwalker i have ever came across
>>
File: skinwalker-zahadolzhaacute.jpg (72KB, 600x954px) Image search: [Google]
skinwalker-zahadolzhaacute.jpg
72KB, 600x954px
>>19222850
>>
>>19222844
I think people are talking about "fleshgaits" when they mention skinwalkers, still I think skinwalkers should just be used to refer to them as the native american one isn't widely known
>>
>A creepy pasta has started a whole paranormal conspiracy

It's the Slenderman all over again
>>
>>19222906
Skinwalkers have been around in native american lore in one form or another since before recorded history where the stories were passed down orally. A resurgence may have came about because of some stories but the origin is very, very old.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.