[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paranormal sleep thread Is it normal to have sleep paralysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (125KB, 726x624px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
125KB, 726x624px
Paranormal sleep thread

Is it normal to have sleep paralysis without the paralysis? This morning I awoke to a shadow figure next to my bed touching my shoulder with one of its hands. The figure looked to be frozen in time. As soon as I moved, the figure vaporised. There was no struggle to move, there was no paralysis. Did I experience the paranormal?
>>
File: image.jpg (4KB, 123x140px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4KB, 123x140px
No...

It was me...
>>
>>19219404
sleep paralysis is the when you partially wake up during REM, the most active stage in the cycle of sleep for your brain activity. your synapses are firing load after load of info, storing the days happenings into your long term memory - this is where it is generally believed dreams come from. Sleep paralysis occurs when you come to from this stage suddenly, and your muscles are still experiencing atonia. it sounds like to me while it's definitely a possibility that you experienced something paranormal, the more likely scenario is that you were roused near the tail end of your REM stage, which would explain the short duration of the meeting and also why you could move.
>>
>>19219404

Probably just a case of hypnopompic hallucinations.

Happend to me aswell. I woke up once and noticed that there was a baby phoenix bird flying around my closet. There was also not any paralysis in my case. Oh, just so you know, if it happens again, don't move. That seems to make the hallucination go away.

For your first question. No, you can't really have sleep paralysis without the paralysis. Because that wouldn't make any sense. The name itself points it out. pretty much the whole point of sleep paralysis is the paralysis.

It might be connected in some way, but they are different things.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.