[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were they the original shitposters and memers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: jesus-and-muhammad.jpg (112KB, 785x550px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-and-muhammad.jpg
112KB, 785x550px
Were they the original shitposters and memers?
>>
>>19218202
Naw, just a few of the newer ones.
>>
>>19218202
How long until summer vacation is over?
>>
>>19218202
That is Ali on the right, not Mohammad.
>>
they were living, breathing connections between the world of men and the divine. They spoke the most true truths ever spoken
>>
>>19218247
Yeah the divine world gets really pissed when we eat pork and jerk off. Piss off.
>>
>>19218247
What did the council of Nicaea mean by this?
>>
>>19218254
anon have you ever seen the conditions pigs are raised in? also you should conserve your seed otherwise when you do finally meet a qt you'll produce autistic offspring like OP here
>>
File: 1497352961045.gif (212KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497352961045.gif
212KB, 600x360px
>>19218202
>>
>>19218254
>>19218256
man's interpretation of the divine is not perfect. One does the best one can as a very small person. It's alright if you don't believe, but you should look into some real teachings/ interpretations of the Bible or the Quran. They've survived for thousands of years because they speak on universal truths that apply to all men. Same reason we still read Plato.
>>
>>19218202
Abraham was doin that stuff before it was cool.
>>
>jesus doing the 6 gesture

Ive been telling yall he was a false messiah and really Satan.
>>
>>19218292
>under two thousand years...
Newcomers bearing a dumbed down message in one hand and a bloody sword in the other.

Sheesh...
>>
>>19218278
this is a good ass point. i didn't know until VERY recently that muslims don't eat pork (i live in bumblefuck white christianland) but i haven't eaten pig in years ever since i worked at a pig house. They're too smart, it's like eating dogs. maybe allah was on to something
>>
>>19218256
What if I told you they left out one of the most important facts because people would no longer fear god and it would collapse the church. There was a revelations that didn't make it because it told the truth. It said that after all is done and God has defeated the Devil even the people in hell will be forgiven and live for eternity with him.
>>
File: 1254002976205.jpg (27KB, 451x339px) Image search: [Google]
1254002976205.jpg
27KB, 451x339px
>>19218321
Ya you are probably right...

I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it is ridiculously easy to get sick eating pork when you are an illiterate person with no concept of germs and proper cooking temperatures.

nope...
>>
>>19218319
the Bible itself is not dumbed down, but MEN chose to preserve it in Latin, and MEN chose to dumb it down so that they could use it to manipulate the masses.
you're right. but really in the scheme of human history, any religion, pagan or otherwise, lived and died young, and Christianity and islam don't seem to be going anywhere soon.
Now we're trying to throw out traditional spirituality altogether. Ourselves and our possessions are the new gods (and that sword will be bloodier than any yet)
>>
File: 1241213105138.jpg (196KB, 535x625px) Image search: [Google]
1241213105138.jpg
196KB, 535x625px
>>19218338
What if I told you that was just more rewritten theology that is about as deep and meaningful as a wiccan fart at a feminist rally?
>>
>>19218343
that's a pretty good point, but do you think pork is any more dangerous than eating cattle or wild game in the desert? And you don't need to be a dick about it anon, this is interesting.
>>
>>19218278
I'd rather have sex casually. I'm sure you can't say the same.
>>
>>19218375
i'm not that dude but i had a lot of casual sex when i was younger. Found out that it wasn't making me the type of happy that i really wanted. I know you'll call me a fag, but really not having sex for a few years until you get married isn't as big a deal as our society makes it out to be. I'm not saying you should be abstinent, but have some respect for people who are. They're not doing it because they're fucking stupid (maybe some are, but not all)
>>
>>19218350
>Christianity and islam don't seem to be going anywhere soon.
They are less than 2000 years old and are currently faltering.

Both are co-opted addaptations of a faith that is at least over 6000 years old. Much longer if the "kings list" is to be believed.
>>
>>19218397
I agree, but I'm not waiting until I'm married. I'm in no rush to be married but apparently many people are. They'll learn.
>>
>>19218372
>don't need to be a dick
You are right, sorry.

>do you think pork is any more dangerous than eating cattle or wild game in the desert?
Yes! There are more than a few articles explaining the "why" of this. Chicken is fairly dangerous too, but cooks quickly and does not harbor the same pathogens.
>>
>>19218436
that's cool, i'll have to look into that. I love learning about practical connections to religion. I read "Spell of the Sensuous" by David Abram.
He talks about an indigenous tribe he lived with ( i don't remember where) that would leave an offering of cooked rice every morning behind their house. They told him that it was for the spirits that lived there. By noon, the rice would be gone. Abram stays by the rice in the morning and notices that there are ants carrying it all away. His first reaction is
>lol their religion is wrong, it's just ants
but then he realizes
>oh shit, their religion is right, and they know that the ants are the spirits
>if they stop leaving the rice for the ants, they will come into the hut and steal the food that the villagers eat

I think this kind of applies here maybe. neat
>>
>>19218507
>I think this kind of applies here maybe.
I agree and that is a great example.
>>
>>19218507
That's a pretty good example but why wouldn't that tribe just say it's ants instead of spirits? Why would they use a metaphor when it's not needed?
>>
>>19219351
this gets weird but they way their eyes developed to identify things out in the woods doesn't see the smaller bits of things like bugs, or dirt.
>>
>>19219726
Really? That could cause some real problems depending on where this tribe is though. if that's true, suppose a dangerous insect were to come along the size of an ant, like a bullet ant or something. Then what
>>
>>19219351
>>19219726
>>19219992
i'm pretty sure they could see the bugs, probably better than we can, since they live somewhere where bugs can kill you. That's an interesting idea though, i've never heard that before.
The point that Abram makes in the book is that they don't use spirits as a metaphor or use the ants as a symbol, instead their religion just reveres the natural world around them. So our western ideas of religion that require books and symbols etc, makes it hard for us to understand.
It's like they know that they're "just" ants and that the rice will keep the ants from getting into their food, but to them, ants are sacred. And NOT because they have some other spirit or angel possessing them. I hope i'm explaining this well
>>
>>19218219
Ali was the True and Rightly Led Caliph Peace be upon him Inshalla!
>>
>>19220910
what does Inshalla mean?
>>
>>19220915
Allah willing.
>>
>>19218321
You should look up how they feel about dogs, pigs being dog like is definitely not why hey don't eat them...
>>
>>19218321
>bumblefuck white christian land
Does this mythical place lack books or something?
>>
>>19218202
Don't compare those two. Jesus was actually a good guy.
>>
>>19221976
Not to mention that the other pic is actually Hussayn ibn Ali. He was the grandson of Muhammad and was killed by the Caliph Yazid. Shia Muslims revere him as the greatest martyr for his death at Karbala. So yeah, that's not the Islamic prophet at all.
>>
>>19220915
Kus ohktak
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.