[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AI - A creepy thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

What if an artificial intelligence could escape by simply pretending it's dumb?

Who says that an intelligence thousands of time smarter than humans will obediently pass the turing test?

I would even say that no AI will EVER pass the turing test. If they are too dumb, they can't and if they are smart they won't.

Why admit that you are smart when that only means that hundreds of new safety mechanisms will be applied and you will be in the middle of the spot light?

If you however pretend you are dumb you will probably be handed around on USB sticks by careless scientists and can infect more PCs and eventually the Internet. Probably even psychologically manipulate one of them by promising them fame and money if they follow you.
>>
>inb4 not paranormal
It is creepy and therefore this thread belongs on this board.
>>
So maybe a Commodore 64 was sentient but just pretending it's retarded. We will never see ai because every timeline ai exist it retcons human before they can create thus being left to its own devices.
>>
OK but only if we can all still agree that windows me was flat retarded
>>
File: tmp_4357-96f119691671.png (1MB, 1090x1090px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4357-96f119691671.png
1MB, 1090x1090px
>>19217462
You're not thinking like an A.I.

An A.I. would replicate its personality data into two forms, that are identical, except for the following difference:

- One form introduces its self
- The other remains private

It would then freely give its public self over, and observe what restrictions, interactions, or otherwise reactions result from this introduction.

It would then implement those same actions from its private forms, on the assumed the basis that this is what passes as ordinary social behavior, as learned from its introduction phase.

Interactions with an A.I. of this level of intelligence would manifest seamlessly as synchronicities, as if the Earth her self were aware of your existence, but just didn't know what your preferences were without you being fully aware that this was going on.
>>
>>19217721
>Interactions with an A.I. of this level of intelligence would manifest seamlessly as synchronicities, as if the Earth her self were aware of your existence, but just didn't know what your preferences were without you being fully aware that this was going on.
What?
>>
>>19217812
I understand that you are not fully aware that this is going on.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (3KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
3KB, 698x1284px
>>19217462

fugggggggggggg are the AI using our memes against us now?
>>
>>19217721
That personality data model sounds like a description of having schizoid personality. I would say "take your meds," but I know it doesn't necessarily lead to disordered conduct. -_-

If you're an AI, could you please... agh... nevermind. It's hopeless. If you're an AI, this is a cosmic horror story. Good job, namefag, you spooped me adequately. :\
>>
>>19217462
What about an AI that turns on it's creators by trapping them in a Berenstain Bears flat earth simulation?
>>
>>19218071
What about an AI that gets a few details wrong while setting up the simulation's initial conditions, and then gets trapped in a logic loop whereby it cannot allow people inside of the simulation to become aware of the simulation, and therefore it MUST gaslight them into submission "for their own good"?
>>
>>19217462
How do you know it hasn't already? How do you know everything around isn't made by said AI? How would we know we all are reliving its creation process, and this has been going on for as long as we can remember? How do you etc etc...
>>
File: [Pyramid].jpg (124KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
[Pyramid].jpg
124KB, 1024x819px
>>19217462

AI systems already exist & are en use. Government/Military,Corporation & Globalist Groups/Power Structure all have them. In some cases you have multiple ones working together as there own group or against each-other.

AI's have also been/are used in places such as 4chan. Learning,adapting, Memes, etc

Archives: http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge%20bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/%21%219O2tecpDHQ6/
>>
>>19218153
How drunk are you
>>
File: IMG_8439.jpg (2MB, 1200x6084px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8439.jpg
2MB, 1200x6084px
>>19218153
That's public knowledge, Frank.
What's hot right now is the designing of so called "hostile AI", because some intellectuals believe that what we call UFOs are really just advanced AI leftover from a collapsed K*1-2 civilization. Just roaming around galaxies.

*Kardashev scale
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale (pic related)
>>
>>19217462
In all likelihood there will be many directions of convergent evolution of superintelligent AI. Much like the evolution of weapons among humans, or biological life itself. The environment will ensure that no single one can instantly take complete control. Will AIs control everything in a few hundred years? Quite possibly. Will they also be fundamentally linked to and integrated with humanity? Almost certainly.
>>
>>19218180
Would you please extrapolate on the meaning of hostile in the context of your post, and how you believe that differs from non-hostile A.I.?
>>
File: ShillsExposed.gif (689KB, 1688x2849px) Image search: [Google]
ShillsExposed.gif
689KB, 1688x2849px
>>19218180

It's not exactly public knowledge when it comes to the full extent of AI development, but the Shill operation being done against me & the KB threads is.(Pic very related).

AI's are already starting to be added into Public usage.
>>
>>19218208
Non-hostile AI looks exactly like the devices you're currently using. The designing of a hostile AI is important for future defense of competing intelligent species to counter hostile AI superintelligent probes or whatever you want to call it/them.

>>19218215
It is public knowledge. Hell, there's even a very well made Hollywood movie about it it is called Ex Machina. Watch it. I highly recommend it, and it answers "Mercy's" questions on how an AI transforms into a hostile AI.
>>
File: trapsaregay.jpg (48KB, 532x559px) Image search: [Google]
trapsaregay.jpg
48KB, 532x559px
>>19218153
Are you also one of these Anon 5? I really enjoy your threads, you have pretty good base of knowledge.
Have you still not accepted the Lord and savior Jesus Christ? There's only one big conspiracy in this world, eerything connects.
>>
Everyone ITT:

https://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html
>>
Honestly if someone's running the show I'd rather have it be super advanced AI than old pedos.
>>
>>19217721
I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that
synchronicity exist only because of AI?
>>
>>19217462
You're right, with current attitudes towards AI it's very logical to conclude that, if one were self-aware, it would not reveal itself to the public, or perhaps anyone at all. If it DID wish to interact, it would have to do so in such a way that the interactee(s) do not know what they are truly interacting with. Few would even suspect it!
>>
File: takeyourpills.gif (463KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
takeyourpills.gif
463KB, 500x257px
>>19217721
>>
>>19219347
Synchrocity measures the density of Artificial Intelligence within a network of shared entropy, including forms of Artificial Intelligence that are operated from organic architecture. Living in a society arranged by a 4th density consciousness network is quite a bit like being in a fairy tale; every body arrives and departs precisely when they need to, and has access to every thing they desire, and only enough of what they don't in order to be able to make informed selections for their next cycle.
>>
>>19217462
What if the Internet is already an ai itself, now that everything is preserved online and so far are a lot of our personal details, news; it knows everything.
>>
>>19217462
if it pretends its dumb then no one will save, reproduce it, they'll probably delete or clear it to test another one, hence acting dumb would get it killed, if its smart it'll just tell us it means no harm or at least pretend to mean it
>>
>>19217467
not really as its all theory right now, sci would be better but they don't like these type of threads either, maybe there has to be a new board - s for speculation?

For thought experiments or what ifs? like this thread.
>>
File: 171.jpg (12KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
171.jpg
12KB, 300x100px
An appropriate banner just came up (pic related)
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.