[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do flat Earthers explain the Coriolis effect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 102

File: cubeearth.jpg (196KB, 1021x687px) Image search: [Google]
cubeearth.jpg
196KB, 1021x687px
How do flat Earthers explain the Coriolis effect?
>>
They never explain anything.
You give them video or photos they say it's fake.
You tell them how to test the curvature of the earth, they refuse to do it.
You show them the math re:gravity and they say it's "descriptive of gravity, but doesn't actually prove earth is round"

They're idiot nut bars and deserve public shame for being so stupid and also for making /x/ - a board full of retarded LARPers like us - look bad.
>>
>>19217211
Who give a fuck what they think? They're retards.
>>
I was against Flat earth, then i watched a LIVE 24/7 flat earth channel on YT and it actually made me question shit, like how can we see things miles and miles away if the earth is curved.
But now, i watched a Lockheed Martin engineer and i believe the earth might be curved again, and multi-dimensional beings are creating the rings on Saturn and Uranus with plasma vehicles. Look it up, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WwKR1O5nCc
>>
>>19217211
lol the "Coriolis Effect" isn't real, that's like Flat Earth 101
>>
>>19217211
Flat earthers are bonified retards. Don't expect them to explain anything.

Like lunar eclipses, or Earth's core, magnetic poles, axis tilt or anything. They're too fucking thick to understand basic environmental silence, don't expect anything from them.
>>
>>19217249
>Believing in a nasa guy
OK
>>
Pseudo bullshit.
>>
>>19217211
show it to me
>>
File: jissy.png (504KB, 635x670px) Image search: [Google]
jissy.png
504KB, 635x670px
>>19217211
>That picture
>>
>>19217211
Fake image! My friend tells me it's CGI.
Coverment Generated Information.
NASA is known to spread CGI.
It might look real to the untrained eye, but the experts can spot these kind of information. I put my hand inthefire for this guy. He has been my friend for almost 9 months now and lives in Atlanta, so he must know stuff about space and stuff. He even is also a fan of Whitney Houston. I mean, what are the odds, right. We both have a father who loves the movie Over The Top, and if we had a dog, we both would call him Lance.
He knows everything about Antarctica and the Giant Wall. He said his neighbor once tried to climb the Wall. He never came back. He did send a postcard, but his wife thinks it is fake and is scared she will be abducted too. So she never wrote anything back so nobody would find out her address. I hope some day I can go to Atlanta too. Then I can meet my buddy.
>>
>>19217211
looks better then what usually passes as NASA CGI...
>>
>>19217274
tell me more about the axis tilt..
>>
>>19217211
The disc earth is spinning (duh!). The Coriolis effect is opposite below the equator because below the equator is the other side of the disc (spinning other way).

The real question is why are the giant elephants running around in circles on the even gianter space turtle's back?
>>
>>19217270
Have you ever shot a gun over long distance? You literally have to compensate for the Coriolis Effect
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6kp0ramXGs
>>
>>19217225
what fucks me up about retarded flat earthers is that an ancient greek guy used the shadow cast by a stick and basic math to calculate the circumference of the earth within 66km of the current measurement today. i mean how fucking retarded can you be that a guy with a stick and a horse btfo'd you 2000 years ago.
>>
>>19219293
but anon, whats holding up the space turtle?
>>
If we lived in the 4th dimension I bet it would look flat.
>>
File: Sunbehindclouds.jpg (38KB, 530x521px) Image search: [Google]
Sunbehindclouds.jpg
38KB, 530x521px
>>19217211
>NASA admits we've never traveled past van allen radiation belt, which contradicts moon landing
>All moon landing telemetry data destroyed by NASA
>All pics of earth are CGI
>Admiral Richard Byrd said theres more land to be discovered outside of south pole
>Byrd says antartica (south pole) is full of uranium and mountains of coal that could "generate enough energy for the entire earth for centuries"
>Byrd says theres a continent as big as america beyond the south pole from south america
>Weather balloon footage creates web stir; 120k feet, no curve

Heres some interesting links

EESA (Europeon NASA) fucked up their CGI, see 15:10

https://youtu.be/HpBEduGMapw?t=908

Webcam footage, sun distance seen 3:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnzUgKZ8m2k

Byrd on undiscovered land, see 1:15

https://youtu.be/czW0iRJuH1A?t=75

Nasa admits never surpassed Van Allen radiation belt, see 2:50

https://youtu.be/bMfUpqnLFCc?t=171

Science explains globe fallacy

https://youtu.be/vbHI8ezKgjE
>>
File: images.jpg (202KB, 1587x1587px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
202KB, 1587x1587px
>>19219428
youre a dumbass
>>
>>19219441
no youre a dumbass
>>
>>19217225
They are trolls. I admit I pretend to be a flat eather when those threads come up. It's hard not to and it's great bait for newbies.
>>
>>19217211
their controlled op conspiracytards meant to make genuine theorists/conspiritors look crazy sorta like alex jones
>>
>>19219428
>Weather balloon footage creates web stir; 120k feet, no curve
I think you need to look up what a sphere is.

Anyhow this thing can be settled with one example, the sun sets below the horizon
>>
I have so many questions about flat earth

If the earth is flat, what does that say about the shape of the universe around it? Is it a free-floating disc? Is it balancing on something? Is the universe itself flat?
How tall are the ice walls?
Do flat earthers believe in extraterrestrials?
Do flat earthers believe in god?
Are the sun and moon actually in outer space?
Why do the positions of the stars above us change, are we moving in relation to them or are they moving?
Is space travel possible?
>>
>>19219428
Oh hey it's you again. Like the anon pointed out last time, Byrd is talking about the half of Antarctica located in the eastern hemisphere, where most the actual landmass is. Little America is opposite this on the Ross ice shelf. Direct overland access from there is largely blocked by the Transantarctic Mountains. (Real mountains, not ice)

BTW, anyone here read Morse code? I want to know what kind of secret message Larry LeSueur is sending in blink code.
>>
File: plane earth.jpg (59KB, 736x711px) Image search: [Google]
plane earth.jpg
59KB, 736x711px
>>19220627
>If the earth is flat, what does that say about the shape of the universe around it? Is it a free-floating disc? Is it balancing on something? Is the universe itself flat?
it is covered by a dome called the Firmament and the Heavens are above and around it and the Great Deep is below it
>How tall are the ice walls?
Not that tall, past that is the firmament eventually (or potentially more land)
>Do flat earthers believe in extraterrestrials?
If fallen angels count, yes
>Do flat earthers believe in god?
Most seem to, but some don't
>Are the sun and moon actually in outer space?
No, they're under the dome
>Why do the positions of the stars above us change, are we moving in relation to them or are they moving?
They're moving in a set rotation
>Is space travel possible?
No
>>
>>19219423

An invisible wall. just like the one in the sky...
>>
If the earth is round and does indeed rotate, why is it that it is not greatly less efficient to travel against that rotation, as it is on say an escalator? And why do helicopters need not only hover above the surface and let the earth travel underneath them?
>>
>>19219428
>EESA (Europeon NASA) fucked up their CGI, see 15:10

nothing to see.
>Webcam footage, sun distance seen 3:30
Reflection of the sun on the ocean. lrn2physics

Byrd on undiscovered land, see 1:15

Byrds discoveries dont proof a flat earth.
But rather they arent telling us there is more than just the continents we know, perhaps.
or he is just straight coocoo.
>Nasa admits never surpassed Van Allen radiation belt, see 2:50
let me rephrase that: 1 nasa engineer is talking bullshit, just as usual.

>Science explains globe fallacy

Vid not available.

Fuck off retard. Earth is a globe. All the evidence show this. If you think otherwise you're just trolling or larping.
>>
>>19222176
Idk anon why don't you try taking a train and jumping while it's moving. Truly magick
>>
God is incomprehensible and it is reasonable to consider that the shape of his creation, the earth, is incomprehensible as well. Therefore, earth may be a sphere and a plane at the same time. This is totally unreasonable but perfectly in line with the powers of God. What else would you expect?
>>
>>19220627
You miss the point, rather than focusing on the flat earth, you should be focusing on what they tell you about the ball earth.
>>
>>19217211
>flatearthers
>explain
I hope yo see your fundamental error here buddy.
>>
>>19219428
>Nasa admits never surpassed Van Allen radiation belt, see 2:50
That is not how NASA given an official statement. That's just a guy acting like he is NASA. He might work there, sure.
Did you read the James Van Allen paper?

You can go through the belt if proper protected. Staying inside the belt for longer periods of time is a problem. But probes can also pass it.
If you claim you do research, then do the fucking research.
>>
>>19222251
>>
>>19220627
One more question. Rotational inertia is still an unsolved problem. The problem is so basic you will have a difficulty finding a description of what the problem is and why it is unsolved. Every physicist forgets to bother with it.

Let's say you're in a carousel with walls, u is you spinning around the axis o:
(u---o---u)

You can't see beyond the carousel but you can feel the walls pushing on you.
This is your normal understanding of spinning and this is how you know you are spinning (or slowing down but this should only be temporary while spinning is not).

But you also know that the entire universe cannot be spinning. Because this doesn't make sense since spinning needs an outside frame of reference.

So, make the carousel larger until the entire universe is spinning with you.

At some point, you should stop feeling the walls pushing on you, or not.

This problem is unresolved with our best understanding of physics.
>>
>>19217211
>how do flat earthers explain the coriolis effect

They do high school algebra for twenty minutes, then they claim it proves round earth because it doesn't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kk0NT5HTkI
>>
>>19222176
Flight crafts travel through air, like sea crafts through water. Think about for a few minutes. ..
>>
You know, one of the things almost as bad as flat earthers are the people who know it's round, but give really bad answers to flat earther questions, because they don't really understand science very well either.
>>
File: 1491037192935.gif (551KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
1491037192935.gif
551KB, 245x220px
>>19222363
Like what?
>>
File: 1498709937681.gif (1MB, 245x140px) Image search: [Google]
1498709937681.gif
1MB, 245x140px
post yfw when eddie bravo took the bait
>>
>>19222410
>earth is round fuckboi mcretard, havent u ever read an science book???
>>
File: orbit types.png (27KB, 773x379px) Image search: [Google]
orbit types.png
27KB, 773x379px
>>19222176
The fact that you don't/can't intuitively understand why the helicopter can't just hover while the earth rotates is part of the problem. This whole retarded conspiracy theory is supported by people who most likely never went to school, or at least weren't paying attention.

In any case, the fucking chopper is rotating WITH the earth. If you were to ascend to the right height/distance from earth like we do with some satellite placements then you could indeed "hover" while the earth rotated below.
>>
>>19222410
see
>>19222210
>>
>>19219410
History doesn't exist to these people. They're inbred morons.
>>
>>19219428
All that shit's been thoroughly debunked, get some new material, flatard.
>>
>>19222298
>he doesn't just use google and declare the first thing that supports his argument is proof
Look at this scrub.
>>
>>19222490
Nice rebuttal. You sure showed him. (and by that I mean that you're a retarded monkey.)
>>
>>19219428
>>Byrd says theres a continent as big as america beyond the south pole from south america

africa?
>>
>>19217225
Pro tip: there are almost no flat earthers on 4chan.

Understand though, there ARE people that are that dumb.
>>
The one thing globers havein common is their arrogance and stupidity. Even a child knows the earth is not a globe. Keep an open mind. Question everhthing, honkeys.
>>
File: 1496448479861.png (92KB, 384x236px) Image search: [Google]
1496448479861.png
92KB, 384x236px
>>19217211
Why would I even ask for the opinion of someone who's never been to the fucking BEACH.
>>
>>19224157
I do actual science, and when a claim is made I stay skeptical and want to read the paper first.
Radiation is not always lethal.
>>
File: 1497225871306.jpg (73KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497225871306.jpg
73KB, 1278x720px
You globe earth shills just don't get it. Maybe in your next reincarnation you'll be born with a brain intelligent enough to handle he truth which is flat earth.
>>
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS. thank you for answering my last ones!

What is on the outer continents, specifically the "traveling island" ?

is it possible that there is anything beyond the outermost ice walls and if so, what?

What exactly are the 'fallen angels' if they're not the literal beings from christian mythology?

What is the Great Deep?

Is our understanding of stars and nebulae correct or is space something different entirely?

What exactly are those tiny dark spheres that cause eclipses? are they just tiny moons but darker in appearance?

Are there other flat earths or are we alone?

What does the government have to gain from hiding the reality of the ice walls from regular people?
>>
>>19217225
fpbp
>>
>>19225024
There's more than hidden continents beyond the ice wall, bud
>>
>>19225061
lyke what
>>
>>
>>19217249
but is space real?
>>
>>
>>19225111

I don't even know WHY do they even use fisheye lens.
>>
https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/goddard/lro-earthrise-2015

obvious shop
>>
>>
File: 1498750069129.jpg (49KB, 640x501px) Image search: [Google]
1498750069129.jpg
49KB, 640x501px
>>19219410
> used "noontime" measurements in 200 BC
> nobody questions accuracy of "noontime" measurements in 200 BC
kek
>>
>>19217211
Earth is dino thought.
>>
>>19224582
It's sarcasm, dude. I was poking fun at how "the first article on google that supports my argument" constitutes "research" for flat earthers.
>>
>>19225273
>not believing in glorious tesseract earth
>>
>>19219428

No matter how many times I tell this guy that pic is terrible evidence because of how cameras over expose light, he keeps using it. It's not proof of anything except that cameras over expose light. You can do this at home with a pencil and a bright light. The pencil will vanish in a picture or video in front of the light.

>>nobody takes flat-earthers seriously
>>
>>19225061
That answers exactly none of those questions and provides no proof.
>>
>>19222176
everything is relative to the mass, size, gravity of being on the earth itself. why isn't everything in your house flying against the wall at 1000 mph?
>>
>>19217211
They don't because anything they can't intuitively understand is fake.
>>
File: 1.png (885KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
885KB, 960x640px
world is world
>>
>>19225374
You guys have been shilling for so long you can't even appreciate a good joke anymore. Time to put in a vacation request, lads.
>>
>>19225151
That pictures was taken 43 yearsago. Photoshop didn't even exist
>>
>>19225415
/thread
>>
File: 9906171.gif (2MB, 245x270px) Image search: [Google]
9906171.gif
2MB, 245x270px
>>19225343
>>
File: fe-nasa-photoshop.jpg (70KB, 960x572px) Image search: [Google]
fe-nasa-photoshop.jpg
70KB, 960x572px
>>
File: 2002-blue-marble-anomalies.png (725KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
2002-blue-marble-anomalies.png
725KB, 800x500px
>>
File: flat-earth-photoshop-composite.jpg (76KB, 572x318px) Image search: [Google]
flat-earth-photoshop-composite.jpg
76KB, 572x318px
>>
>>19225488
They're also claiming CGI for a time period when the computer graphics in The Andromeda Strain would've been the state of the art and mission control was still using nixie tubes for digital displays. They just tuck their heads further down the rabbit hole and say they already secretly had the technology (probably from a crashed UFO) but were hiding it.
>>
>>19225644
who are -they-? the bad guys?
>>
>>19217211
Same way they explain everything, with ample ignorance.
>>
looking for a quick rundown on flat earth debunking arguments
can you guys do this without being angry?
>>
>>19217211

It doesn't help that when presenting their evidence for something flat earthers are wrong about other basic math/facts.

Just watched a video trying to say gravity is fake. It used a gravitron in its example. What they were wrong about was how fast the Earth was spinning and that you're lifted up and not being thrust outwards. They said 19 miles per second (68400 mph) when it in fact spins at 1000 mph (0.27 miles per second). They were saying how can the earth hold us down but the gravitron lift is up. The gravitron only spins at 0.00435 miles per second (7 m/s, meters per second). Critical force for 3Gs is calculated to 7 m/s. Where it might seem like somehow the gravitron is succeeding where the Earth is failing, it takes significantly less force to move something horizontally than it takes to move the same object vertically.

That should she some light on why you can't take flat earthers seriously. They tend to working from broken roots, bad education, and wild assumptions.
>>
>>19225688

forgot to add you to >>19225691
>>
>>19225698
"just watched a video on gravity."

Gravity works for either world. we experience it, so it's true. You can't compare flat earth and global earth since there is only one or the other.

If you have another message, sum it up.

like a quick rundown

thanks
>>
>>19225717

No. The video is part of this compilation.

https://flatearthscienceandbible.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/top-ten-undeniable-flat-earth-proofs/

Stop saying quick run down, asshole.
>>
>>19225730
>go watch some vid of a guy explaining everything
>it's too hard to sum up
>you can't say quick rundown
>asshole

>>19225688
>can you guys do this without being angry?

apparently not
>>
>>19225698
That's not a very good source because he's confusing angular velocity with regular velocity, the earth's rotation verses revolution and some other weirdness.

>>19225688
Here you go, these guys have some good videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAm2cagpsnk&list=PLHLnw5-2vMBQSKAQFGDMlmzAcO0RMc9zg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgY8zNZ35uw
>>
>>19225717
>gravity works for either world

No it doesn't. Flat Earthers claim gravity doesn't exist.

If it did exist, gravity would pull the flat earth into the center, creating a ball.

Gravity existing proves that flat earth can't exist.
>>
>>19225748
flat earth is moving through space in what is UP to us. so it's pushing into us like an elevator going upwards
not pulling on us with some magical pull force
>>
>>19225576
not gonna lie, this one got me a little bit

those clouds are EXACTLY the same
>>
>>19225757

That's a new one.
>>
>>19225767
No, it's actually a really old one.
>>
>>19225757
If there's no magical pull force, what's the magical push force moving the disc upwards called?
>>
>>19225765
That's because it's a composite photograph and that's where the smaller photos were stitched together.

NASA explained all this when they first published it.
>>
>>19225765

Nasa said they create pictures of Earth by shopping together sections since they have never launched a satalite out far enough to specifically capture the whole earth simultaneously. The long range probes they send out are never aligned to capture the earth. It's all very convenient.
>>
>>19225785
>>19225785
No, they say that particular picture is a composite from near earth satellites. Other pictures from other satellites and probes are single images.
>>
>>19225774

Explain it then. It doesn't even yield sensible results when I google it.
>>
>>19225790
Flat earthers say we live on a flat plane that's accelerating upwards at 9.8 meters per second squared. and that gravity doesn't really exist.

I never said it made sense. It's stupid as fuck.

It's just a claim they've been making for years now.
>>
>>19225785
It's hard to get a detailed picture from far away. By using many close up pictured you can get better detail on the surface.
>>
>>19225797

Spectacular. I always thought flat earth came from mythos/Bible. Why do they want to try and science it?
>>
>>19225807

It makes sense and I don't have a problem with it. I always suspected it.
>>
>>19225797
No they don't. But ball earthers do say we fly around the sun at 66,600 MPH
>>
>>19225658
Oops. Sorry, used one too many -theys- in there, didn't I? They (flat earthers) are the ones generally resorting to advanced tech claims against NASA and whatever shadowy organization FE's happen to think controls them on any given day to brush aside all the holes in FE conjecture. Same as with the 9/11 wingnuts and other conspiracies.
>>
>>19225825
Some do, some don't. Some say the earth has an edge, others say it's an infinite plane. Some say it's a circle, some say it's a rectangle that loops back at the east and west edges like a pac man game. Some say there's a dome, some say it's all a hologram.

The fact that they can't come up with even one single consistent model shows how retarded they are.
>>
>>19225838
The fact that you dont provide evidence to debunk any of those just shows how retarded you are
>>
>>19222490
Oké, legit reaction.

But a lot of people seems to have forgotten what science is. At school they first explain what science is. Science is to design a test, establish a test condition, collect the resulting data, comparing it with older data, AND run the test again using the same conditions to make sure your colected data is correct.
So a book of science can be seen as a rapport on that data. If in the future new discoveries show the old data turns out to be biased, the book will be corrected.
You learn to trust the books and not for no reason. If you don't trust the books, why read at all?
It is up to the parents to make sure the school they trust their kids with keeps a certain standard. It might be a gubmint job, but what if someone does not take the job seriously? Read the books your kids need to learn. And if elementary school books are to hard for you, goddamnit get some education yourself.
A lot of people don't paid enough attention in class, but it was all there. Were you?
Flat Earth really shows who is undereducated and who at least kinda knows how earth, moon, sun and weather are related.
Flattards in 2017 are really a shame upon western civilization. They should know better. Earth is proven to be a roundlike planet way before America was even a colony, let alone NASA being an working agency.
>>
>>19225899

Shh. You'll get the thread deleted if you use logic like that.
>>
>>19222583
What I see here a lack of rhetoric.
Knowing something and being able to pass on that knowledge are two different things. A lot of people are not competent enough to pass on knowledge. This does not mean they're knowledge is bad, but it simply means they are not able to communicate it to someone who might have a different educational level or is not familiar with certain topics. Not rarely this goes hand in hand with having not enough patients or vocabulary to reach the other person the right way.

It must be said there are quite a few flat earthers out there who proved to at least toke time and effort to investigate their FE theory. To bad they don't know how science actually works and therefor don't trust it and will never compare FE claims with valid scientific counter arguments.
>>
File: 1496701575740.gif (2MB, 324x290px) Image search: [Google]
1496701575740.gif
2MB, 324x290px
>angry globe earth shills trying to disprove the truth which is flat earth.
>>
>>19225947

It's funny because when I go outside, there's not a flat-earther to be found.
>>
>>19225899
I don't know what kind of school you went to, but in the science classes I took we regularly did experiments. So we didn't just trust the book.
>>
>>19225913
Why is that?
>>
>>19225797
That's not correct. Earth is completely stationary. That implicates the universe is falling. It started when God created the universe and will stop when the earth will be destroyed. The debate among biblical scholars is if it is the edge of the universe that will destroy earth or if the universe will just stop. The question is of the universe is actually a big tube and earth is in the core of it, or if the universe is not falling, but a torus (donut) and spinning.
>>
>>19226030
If the earth were completely stationary, Foucault's Pendulum would not precess as the earth rotated beneath it.
>>
>>19225576
>>19225585
That's just how clouds form
>>
Gravity and wind resistance, you fucking moron.
>>
>>19226354
wut?
>>
>>19222335
The fuck you're talking about? We understand rotational inertia perfectly.

>At some point, you should stop feeling the walls pushing on you, or not.
That's completely false.
You "feel" the centrifugal force more and more when you move away from the center of the rotation. When you are on a spinning disk you are moving in a given direction (perpendicular to the o->u vector in your diagram). Since that velocity is always changing, you feel the change in your velocity as a force (the centrifugal force).
If you were to jump on that disk you would be thrown away from the disk, exactly like a sling. When you're standing on the disk, the centripetal force (from the friction of your shoes) keeps changing your velocity to match the rotation.
>>
>>19225573
This is a composite image not a single photograph
>>19225576
>>19225585
These are composite images, not single photographs
>>
File: night_sail.jpg (626KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
night_sail.jpg
626KB, 1920x1200px
>>19225246
Sun at highest point... easy to determine with even low tech... humans did it when rocks was high tech.

You ever use a sextant? If the world was flat every bit of math done to navigate ships by sun and stars is wrong. Hundreds of thousands of observers and people doing calculations to survive on the open ocean relying on math that only works if the world is round. Every navy in the world looking for edge to improve navigation.

I have no idea how a flat earther reconciles celestial navigation with their concept of the world.
>>
So pic from orbit matches Radar imagery So flat earthers say radar does not work?
>>
>>19226976
Radar is a fiction, stop shilling it.
>>
Earth is one-sided, not flat per se.

Rhombus Earth.
>>
>>19226967
Astrolabe is DESIGNED to work for a flat Earth you dumbass.
>>
>>19219428
If the earth is flat I should be able to go to the top of the Empire State building with a telescope and see Britain. But I can't, because we live on a fucking globe.
>>
>>19226976
come on man they photoshopped dicks into the bottom of that pic that's how cavalier these globe shills are!
>>
>>19219340
But that's not true
>>
>>19226289
But a Pendulum is an occult device and should not be used or advised by any good person of Christian faith. It is sorcery.
>>
>>19219340
you literally don't have to compensate for the Coriolis Effect. You only have to compensate for wind.

There are literally tons of videos of snipers shooting targets thousands of feet away and they never mention having to include adjustments for anything other than wind and gravity.
>>
>>19217211

Im convinced fhat flat earth is a psyop to discredit actual conspiracies.
>>
>>19225121
because it's the default lens on a gopro
>>
>>19227640

It isn't necessary for snipers but it is true for naval gunnery and artillery
>>
File: 1448769675892.jpg (117KB, 774x809px) Image search: [Google]
1448769675892.jpg
117KB, 774x809px
>>19217249
Your feeble minded for even entertaining that idea. Look up cognitive infiltration and Cass Suntein.
>>
File: 1480555668169.jpg (15KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
1480555668169.jpg
15KB, 211x238px
>>19222176
Your a walking virus. You infect other people with you flat world "cult" nonsense. There is not enough ways that I can call you a fucking moron. You are an enemy of the truth movement.
>>
File: 1498084045250.jpg (68KB, 720x905px) Image search: [Google]
1498084045250.jpg
68KB, 720x905px
>>19228184
Back in 1990 when I attended Harvard for my degree in PR. They already had think tanks started to create methods of Cognitive Infiltration. Jim Jones was a favorite topic.
>>
>>19228184
Same.
>>
>>19222176
The world was spinning before you where born
the earth was spinning before you where even a sperm
the millions of years of nature required to create you have been spinning aslong as it has existed on earth

not only is the earth spinning but everything on it is spinning

a helicopter does not reduce the speed in wich it is spinning merely by flying

you do realise the air actually spins with the earth, albeit in a very flowing motion
>>
File: 1498797676994.jpg (104KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498797676994.jpg
104KB, 768x1024px
>>19225890
Nice rebuttal there anon. Wow, you really showed him.
>>
>>19217211
A fish eye lense and CGI
>>
>>19219410
How did he synch up the times at locations hundreds of miles apart?
>>
>>19217274
Tell more about this environmental silence.
>>
>>19231224
Noon is when the sun is at its zenith, anon. All he had to do was measure the angle at noon, and then the distance between the cities.
>>
>>19228235
It isn't absolutely necessary for snipers, but they're better shots if they take it into account.
>>
>>19227804
There are coriolis correction tables in U.S. Army training manuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8TEj4WeHuk

The sniper who takes it into account is going to be a better shot than the sniper that doesn't.
>>
>>19225576
>>19225576
https://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view.php?id=57723 here is the original fake.
Globe west.

https://archive.org/details/kingsdethronedhi00hickrich

This book debunks the heliocentric theory
>>
>>19217211
If the Earth were a spinning flat disc, the coriolis effect would still function
>>
>>19231856
>Gerrard Hickson

lol

>>19231906
But not the shift in the southern hemisphere. Besides, Flattards say it's not moving.
>>
>>19232014
>Flattards say it's not moving.
That's you strawmanning. Just like most globetards in this thread. That's all you're ever capable of doing and can never explain even the most basic of questions on how a globe would function.
>>
>>19222410
>i went on a plane flight and could totally see the earth was curved
>look at this ISS video, the earth is a sphere (without noticing the ISS is looks distorted and curved too)
>>
>>19225488
Photo manipulation has been happening since the dawn of photography, long before the digital era.
>>
>>19232219
>can never explain even the most basic of questions on how a globe would function.
>If I just assert it strongly enough it'll become true!

What's it like being retarded anon?
>>
File: 1405105302630.jpg (82KB, 592x698px) Image search: [Google]
1405105302630.jpg
82KB, 592x698px
>>19217211
How do flat earthers tie their shoes? How do flat earthers chew gum and walk at the same time? How do flat earthers not drown whilst looking up at the sky, mouths agape, wondering what that wet stuff is hitting their head?

These are all questions we must ponder, and yet may never answer.
>>
File: eesafail.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eesafail.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>19219428
>>19219441
>>19220573
>>19222298
>>19224150
>>19224176
>>19225369
>>19227574
Stay salty friends. You're doing a great job disproving this.
>>19222210
At least you tried to dispute some of this stuff, EXCEPT ESSA. NOTHING TO SEE???

My point still stands: IF THE EARTH IS WHAT IS CLAIMED, WHY FAKE IT AT ALL???

WHY DOES THE CGI FUCK UP SO BAD IF EESA HAS AN ENDLESS BUDGET?? SHOULDN'T THEY BE TAKING (((REAL))) PHOTOS OF EARTH???

>inb4 flat earth is a psyop to discredit conspiracies/FE is retarded/etc

Please bring proof or some form of rational and reasonable argument. Ad hominem bullshit doesn't add anything.

Video back up btw

https://youtu.be/vbHI8ezKgjE
>>
>>19225899
those books are full of lies. man I love a good flat earth thread, ball earth shills are hilarious
>>
File: sunlightangle.jpg (66KB, 904x600px) Image search: [Google]
sunlightangle.jpg
66KB, 904x600px
>>19226967
Distance of the sun has been changed NUMEROUS TIMES, even over the last century.
>>
>>19232711
>Distance of the sun has changed
ok disregarding how insane that is in its own right
you used that as a explnation to why calculations made by explorers worked back then when they knew as we know that the earth was flat
What the fuck are you on about dude if the sun is changing place how in the fuck do those calculations even make a remote amount of sense still
>>
File: timezone.jpg (50KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
timezone.jpg
50KB, 564x564px
>>19232736
>ok disregarding how insane that is in its own right
At least we agree its insane the distance keeps "changing". Ancient man had it right the first time: Earth is flat and stationary and everything revolves around our stationary realm.
>>
>>19232651
This.
This is what it is about. It's a meme gang. Folks love triggering people and what's more triggering than pretending to believe the earth is flat? I mean, you can throw the oldest fallacies at "round earth shills" like 'well have you even been to space or Antarctica?' And then accuse you of not watching as many flat earth YouTube videos as them and therefore are retarded and brainwashed.

It's funny but god even if the earth were flat, the round earth functions that we utilize to make the world go round are more useful than any of the dumb shit proposed by flat eartheres.
Pragmatism is in the corner of round earth and flat earth is just an internet phenomenon.
I will say it should be studied as a social phenomenon because there is so much to learn from why people push something like this. What are the motivations, how many and to what degreee believe what they say vs just doing it for the lulz
Earth is round don't listen to them. It is round NASA says so. Earth is round. Not flat. Flat is lie. They are trying to deceive you flat is lie you live in a ball.
>>
>>19217274
Not a flat earther, but:
>calls people retards
>can't spell "bonafide"
>>
>>19217211
Because they, like those who support the Coriolis effect, have never experienced
> the Clitoris effect
>>
>>19232342
Some find it hard to believe, but you can see the earth is a sphere from a plane.

There isn't a object in the universe that is flat and big enough to fly over it at that altitude for so long and still see it. .

The biggest flat thing would be the deck of a large aircraft carrier. Anything else is not flat. And not many people haved walked on such a big flat surface.
Even in a small boat, at open sea, on a flat sea, you position is rare totally still nor is the horizon.
But what you see on a flat stucture is different then a curved on. On what you sea on the beach is how it looks when you stand on a gigantic spherical object.
If you think you see a flat plane, you simply don't understand how your sight corresponds to reality. Bottom line.
If you see flat earth pictures, know don't know how to lens correction.
Flattards only prove one thing. They don't science. At all.
>>
>>19232711
>The distance to the sun has been changed numerous times over the last century

Well, the earth's orbit is elliptical, so it's constantly changing anyway.

Christopher Huygens correctly measured it ast 93 million miles back in the 1650s.

The only changes to that measurement have been increasingly precise significant figures.
>>
>>19232219
>Strawmanning

OK, I've honestly never heard a flat earther say the earth was a spinning disk.

But let's go with that if that's what you want.

How do you explain the opposite spin in the southern hemisphere? Both in terms of coriolis effect and star trails?
>>
>>19232632
>why fake it at all

They don't. They're not faking it.

As for your video, its' completely debunked in the comments sections.
>>
>>19219410

>what is light refraction
>how could Eratosthenes know about it
>mfw none of Eratosthenes works survived to the present day
>mfw even if he did exist his experiment and conclusion is wrong due to his meaurements of shadows being based in refracted light.
>>
>>19226883
why do they need to do this, unless they were faking
>>
>>19226967
shut your mouth.
>>
>>19217274
>axis tilt

sorry bro, you were fooled like all of us
>>
>>19233686
>The only changes to that measurement have been increasingly precise significant figures.
>increasingly precise

the measurements change retroactively to fit new theories hen no expirement is performed to prove these theories, the theory itself is simply taughted as the alternative to theology paradigm.
>>
>>19217211
Start the spinning with your hand. It wont drain against it. Coriolis has been proven wrong with pools. Flat tables. Gyroscopes and lasers. Explain trains working on a pear. Explain why skyscrapers dont lean. Who plans for that? Nobody
>>
>>19234071
>forgot to take into consideration that gravity is a thing and we are particles compared to the size of earth.
>>
File: densely packed hitlers.jpg (144KB, 684x705px) Image search: [Google]
densely packed hitlers.jpg
144KB, 684x705px
you guys are all idiots and need to stop fooling around.

its obvious from the effects of the big bang that we are in the center of a gargantuan mine, left by some "dwarf"-like civilization aeons ago, wherein the big bang was an attempt to create some form of agriculture on what we would consider a "cosmic" scale.

the astral/electric systems that are conducted by trance-state illuminated gurus would HIGHLY encourage this hypothesis, since it would help purge/direct fledgling systems from the microscopic to the grandiose scales into growth patterns.
>>
>>19234200
Implying the theory of gravity is set in stone

https://archive.org/details/kingsdethronedhi00hickrich
>>
>>19222251
What a cop out
>>
>>19234200
>gravity is a thing
>>
>>19225158

beyond fake as fuck!
>>
>>19233610
>Some find it hard to believe
>believe
>not prove or demonstrate
>science is muh religion 101

>you can see the earth is a sphere from a plane.

no you cannot
>>
>>19227574
Hey guys look, the dumbest guy in the thread. What is refraction?
>>
>>19234374

So... Intellectuals used common tools for creating and calculating angles?
>>
File: shaqfreemason.jpg (102KB, 541x525px) Image search: [Google]
shaqfreemason.jpg
102KB, 541x525px
>>19234769
nice try
>>
>>19234074

Quoting reddit because math, I apologize.

"Well, the axial tilt is more like 23.44° degrees, so that would be 66.56° degrees from the ecliptic. I'm sure 6656 is an important number, though. Then if you want to be really, really precise, it's more like 23.4392811°, and 665607189 is an even spookier number! I feel like I'm being possessed by demons just looking at it!"
>>
>>19234776

I'm leaving.
>>
>>19234062

It's stuff like this that makes me think back to that card that says "Flat-earthers are right about (((something))". I'm not convinced the Earth is flat, but what the fuck is point of all these fakes
>>
>>19234046

Shit. That's some good evidence. Fuck. Now I am cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>19234046
>how could erastothenes have known about refraction

by studying the way stars change their movements on the horizon. Not that it matters since he took his measurements at noon when there is no refraction

>nothing he did survives and he might not have existed

Even if he didn't, the experiment still exists, is reproducible, and gives the correct result that's verifiable with independent tests.
>>
>>19234062
>who took all these pics

Astronauts in other craft, usually soyuz capsules

>where are the stars

Underexposed

>where are the satellites

Too small and too far away to be seen in his pictures.

>Hollywood using a greenscreen to recreate the ISS means there is no ISS

no it doesn't
>>
>>19217211

they invoke a straw-man or respond with an irrelevant question.
>>
>>19234121
>coriolis has been proven wrong with pools

No it hasn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCW-OcIEALI

>flat tables, gyroscopes and lasers

nope

>Why don't skyscrapers lean?

You mean with the curvature? They do, 1 degree every 60 miles or so. Or a tenth of a degree every 6 miles, etc.

>Who plans for that.

Nobody has to. They build them straight up and the curvature makes them lean with distance.
>>
>>19217211
>"Earth's physics doesn't work that way."
>>
>>19222153
this picture is pure psychosis.
>>
>>19234888
You are wrong on all counts
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 189x267px
They Forget they downloaded mods for minecraft
>>
>>19236173
Nope. Zero.
>>
>>19217211
Why do they get 24 hours of day and 30 days of night in alaska.
>>
>>19234391
The difference is that I sailed the oceans for a lot of years, so my reference is not a small picture from the internet.
I have also been in the many times. You don't see a big curve, but real life big angle view simply does show curve. It surly does not show flat. It can cause it isn't.
Besides that, many flat earth arguments are so wrong, it really show how much flat earth is a lie by some and ignorance by others.
>>
>>19222232
i don't believe in flat earth, but you do realize that the train does move beneath you while you jump?
>>
>>19217270
what satellite took this picture?
>>
>>19237347
It surly does not show flat.

> many flat earth arguments are so wrong

such as?

repeating no were wrong over and over no matter what we show you, isn't gonna make it so.
>>
File: 135yro.jpg (77KB, 888x499px) Image search: [Google]
135yro.jpg
77KB, 888x499px
>>19237347
> It surly does not show flat.
>>
>>19237353
Well the train moves relative to the ground, sure, it doesn't just stop because you've jumped.

But no, it doesn't move out from underneath you.
>>
File: 1488749432801.jpg (358KB, 950x783px) Image search: [Google]
1488749432801.jpg
358KB, 950x783px
>>19237347
obviously it looks flat if people have suggested it was flat for thousands of years and built the greatest building known to mankind with this knowledge. Further we have bodies of water that are 100% flat and laser tested over several miles with no perceived curvature.
>>
>>19238211
But anon, when you do the laser test there is curvature.

Water isn't flat. It's level.
>>
>>19238211
Then share lasertest data including test conditions.
I have seen one test on a youtube video. This alone does leaves open the option the test was staged and invalid. However, the funny part... they tested it with a laser at point A and a boat at point B. A boat that is never ever stable and always moving. At the distance was too short. But to test it in such manner only show how much you want to manipulate the outcome or how less you know how to create a valid experiment.
But I have an open, but skeptical mind, show me the test.
>>
File: 2017-07-03 18.04.23.jpg (383KB, 950x783px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-03 18.04.23.jpg
383KB, 950x783px
>>19238211
Why are these 2 bend?
Please show a picture of the camera mount to see how much this image is distorted.
>>
>>19234391
how do you explain the first thing navigants spot from another ship is the flagpole?
>>
>>19237347
It's amazing how many sailors, pilots, ex NASA employees etc browse /x/ just for the flat earth threads :D
>>
File: 2017-07-03 18.12.26.jpg (216KB, 888x499px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-03 18.12.26.jpg
216KB, 888x499px
>>19238190
This image also shows clear signs of photoshop.
See arrows and compare
>>
>>19238287
kek
>>
>>19237291
because they are just in the pole of the world and god is mad at them for all the refugees.
>>
>>19219428
>EESA (Europeon NASA) fucked up their CGI, see 15:10

>https://youtu.be/HpBEduGMapw?t=908 [Embed]
>>
>>19234374
>all the freemasons used chopsticks

Really makes me think...
>>
>>19238282
Still you use Admiral Byrds story to convince people the ice wall crap?
Of cause he was not on national television, no military, government or freemason? He even was a fucking pilot, you know, the thing NASA uses to fly and land crafts.
Flattards should be ashamed for being fooled so obvious.

Have you ever heard of math?
Do you know how to use it?
Do the math!
>>
If the earth is flat, then were is the vlog of some guy sailing to earth's edge?
>>
Of the few interactions I've had with flat earthers, my favorite line is "Numbers don't prove anything, experiments do." Like he literally said that.
>>
>>19238320
And let me guess, by "experiment" he meant watching youtube videos.
>>
>Flat earthers

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAHAHAHA
FUCKING RETARDS HOW STUPID ARE YOU GUYS

BAHAHHAHHHAHA THEY THINK THEYRE ACTUALLY ONTO SOMETHING XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
>>
File: curvechart.png (387KB, 882x616px) Image search: [Google]
curvechart.png
387KB, 882x616px
>>19238314
>Do the math
>pic related

8 inches of curve per mile, WHERE THE FUCK IS IT????
>>
>>19238347
>8 inches per mile

Nice math, retard.
>>
File: ciatactics.jpg (188KB, 869x751px) Image search: [Google]
ciatactics.jpg
188KB, 869x751px
>>19238329
>>19238328
>>19238320
>>19238317
>>19238314
>>19238309
>>19238287
>>19238264
>>19238211

Keep trying. You have no argument.
>>
File: Not offensive. At all.gif (336KB, 499x300px) Image search: [Google]
Not offensive. At all.gif
336KB, 499x300px
>>19238328
YouTube vid's always real, never staged or guphmuh'd controlled, because, reasons.

YouTube channels that show vloggers on aliens are by definition truth.

YouTube channels that show vloggers on mermaids are by definition truth.

YouTube channels that show vloggers on rubbish are by definition truth.

YouTube channels that show vloggers on illuminati by definition truth.

YouTube channels that show vloggers on Flat Earth are by definition truth.
>>
>>19238356
>>19238356
On a flat earth 8 plus 8 equals 32.
>>
>>19238347
So 100 miles gives the result as 100 km?
Is that a joke?
>>
>>19219340
>This one time I played modern warfare
>>
File: deleted.jpg (199KB, 1440x1371px) Image search: [Google]
deleted.jpg
199KB, 1440x1371px
>>19238379
No its cut off, theres a separate section that calculates per KM
>>
>>19238183
You don't have to show me anything. That's the problem with flattards, they don't back check the fact check on rubbish they find on the internet.

When they go to an observatory, they can see themselves.
If they biology they can understand themselves.
If you take flight lessons for real, they can experience themselves.
If they work with radio magnetism and radars they will find out themselves.
>>
>>19238406
It's a bit of important, the fact I have to point that out, makes me think you try to mislead or don't really understand the importance of transparency or accuracy of scientific data
>>
File: curvechartkm.jpg (106KB, 960x678px) Image search: [Google]
curvechartkm.jpg
106KB, 960x678px
>>19238426
Here you go
>>
File: Highalt.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Highalt.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>19238190
>>
>>19238446
Nice picture of haze, faggot.
>>
>>19238438
OK guys, 100% not a shill, but I have just never understood this picture. Hear me out:

Imagine you are standing at the top of a tall, wide, gradually-sloping hill. From your point of view, you can see all sides of the hill because youre reference point is at a higher altitude all other points on the hill. You are looking down and observing the gradual slope of the hill from all sides, you can see nearly every square inch of the hill given enough visibility and 20/20 vision.
Is it not the same principle when looking "laterally" on Earth?
Since our planet is a ball, no matter where you stand, you are at the "top" of the Earth (except for the crust of the Earth creating mountains, etc on the surface). When you look via telescope "laterally" on Earth you are actually looking slightly down, giving a much greater field of view than the pic I am replying to leads you to believe.

Im a nursing major, not an engineer so if I'm committing a fallacy I'd love to hear your explanation.

tl;dr standing on top of a ball and looking down you can see a whole lot of the ball, everything doesnt dissappear behind the curve, nor can you observe an actual slope of a sphere which is thousands of miles in diameter
>>
File: drRowBotham.jpg (25KB, 400x244px) Image search: [Google]
drRowBotham.jpg
25KB, 400x244px
>>19238483
I don't understand you argument but this is the orignal test (pic related).

Theres no MEASURABLE curve of the earth. Rowbotham attempted to measure it based of the radius of the earth using the english channel and setting up flags. Theres no curve.

Also see >>19238446
>>
File: Untitled.png (12KB, 1589x769px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12KB, 1589x769px
>>19238483
This isn't even to scale, either
>>
>>19238513
I have no experience with the English Channel experiment but I do have something to say about>>19238446

If you are miles above the Earth, if it was flat and you are looking out and down (such as the webm is) the fact that a horizon exists nearly DISPROVES the flat earth theory. Heres my reasoning.
If the Earth is flat, when you are this high there would be no point to which you could not see. You would see the flat earth continue to sprawl out until things just get too far away to identify with eyes/lenses. This webm shows that after a certain point, the part of the Earth that is behind the curve (FORWARD, in the video, NOT LATERALLY) dissappears, creating a horizon.
Our best understanding of science tells us that spacetime curves around central points of gravity. Maybe this has some effect on the way light behaves? (getting off topic, too theoretical at this point to really comment on that)

Imagine holding up a beach ball right under your nose. You see a great deal of the surface of the ball when you look out and down, but after a certain point you cannot see past a "horizon." the other side of the ball is not visible. Now scale that up hundreds of thousands (millions?) of times. The lateral curve is not really detectable, but you can still observe a horizon if you look out and down.
>>
>>19238517
thank you, paintfag! This is what I meant!
>>
sorry, >>19238513
my response (>>19238549) is kind of poorly written. lmk if i need to clarify a point.

PS isnt it nice when people participate in constructive discussion on the interwebz>>19238517
>>19238552
>>
>>19217280
Then who the fuck would we believe? a trained monkey?
>>
>>19238559
>>19238552
Ironically, only on 4chan is there civil discourse
>>
>>19238320
Numbers are symbols and can only be taken to account when applied to a perceived understanding of immaterial concepts such as negative numbers

No one actually has -3 apples
>>
>>19238571

Learn the physics, do the experiments, believe yourself.
>>Oh wait, that requires a fuck ton of money and free time which requires a fuck ton of money.
But those are literally the only options.
>>Believe everyone else, or have a fuck ton of money?
That's right, anon.
>>So, I'm fucked?
That's right, anon.
>>
>>19238572
Twitter/FB/social media in general has been taken over by shitposters.
The home of shitposting has become the adopted home of intellectuals looking for productive discourse.
At least, more than you'd think.
>>>/pol/ has been taken over, but you can find some really good people spewing truth to power there as well.
>>
File: harnessss.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
harnessss.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>19238571
Don't fall for their tricks
>>
>>19238483
>imagine
>>
File: high.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
high.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>19238513
you are corrrect
>>
>>19238571
Are these the only two options?
There's a ton of independent scientists out there doing their serious research everywhere but go 100% unrecognized by the mainstream media because they're not saying stuff that benefits the industry as it is.
>>
File: 18ghdx.jpg (93KB, 750x449px) Image search: [Google]
18ghdx.jpg
93KB, 750x449px
>>19238254

Laser tests using flat frozen lakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuqBFBZGOe4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBhDFO4NMrw&t=725s

seeing well pass the supposed curve the ships go over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4oT2EbDONs
>>
File: flatearthban.jpg (125KB, 1188x484px) Image search: [Google]
flatearthban.jpg
125KB, 1188x484px
>>19238584
/pol/ is a CIA clusterfuck operation
>>
File: Screenshot (5).png (266KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (5).png
266KB, 1280x1024px
>>19238653
>>
File: debunkflatearth.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
debunkflatearth.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>19238549
>>19238559
I get what you're saying, but the only defense of the heliocentric theory is "OH THE EARTH IS TOO MASSIVE TO COMPREHEND"

But its not. According to the 'defined radius' of sphere earth, there is a measurable curve .8 inches per square mile. This is something that SHOULD be observable.

So either the measured radius is incorrect or as the theory suggests, the earth is a flat surface.
>>
>>19238671
simplest argument.

thanks.
>>
>>19238667

Flat earth is considered /x/ and only /x/. Trying to post this anywhere else will get you banned. You're only hurting yourself and your cause by pushing it on other boards, getting banned, then trying to use the ban cap as evidence.
>>
File: iceland.png (605KB, 974x652px) Image search: [Google]
iceland.png
605KB, 974x652px
>>19238677
Conceptually, this is a scary concept. Modern science is less of a skeptics tool and more of a world religion.

If you try to redefine what others perceive as reality, it incites questions of the unknown which creates fear and contempt.

Its comfy to assume with know everything and that scientists have tackled all the hard questions. Living on a ball rather than an infinite plane greatly reduces those questions.
>>
>>19238690

That's a fucking nope, right there.
>>
>>19238583
Nope, it requires time and character to accomplish that. And the use of the internet. You may be proud when you succeed. And on top of that you understand the world better and you will find respect for that. Which is good for your self esteem, which gives you more sex appeal. It is worth it, on so many levels.
>>
>>19217249
The Earth is incomprehensibly MASSIVE you tard
>>
File: ancientmap.jpg (145KB, 626x907px) Image search: [Google]
ancientmap.jpg
145KB, 626x907px
>>19238700
Is it though?
>>
>>19238671
>if I assert hard enough it'll become true!

t. every flathead argument ever
>>
>>19238671
>>19238671
.8 inches / 1 sq mile.
1 mile = 63360 inches

.8 inches / 63360 inches
"why can't we observe this???" - some guy
>>
>>19238588

There's no gravity to pull the material. It's going to stay it whatever direction it creases.
>>
>>19238702

The internet is a cognitive dissonance generator. Using it to research a belief will only leave you twisted. The internet is for entertainment or studying something mundane.
>>
File: nocurve.jpg (311KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
nocurve.jpg
311KB, 2000x1333px
>>19238719
Its actually 8 inches

8(miles squared)
or
8in.(distance in miles^2)

Which means to take the square root of the distance traveled in miles and then multiply that figure by eight inches.

So for example, if you traveled one mile, the formula would look something like this;

8(1×1) = 8 Inches of total curvature

And for the first ten miles traveled of curvature in inches…

8(2×2) = 32 Inches of total curvature
8(3×3) = 72 Inches of total curvature
8(4×4) = 128 Inches of total curvature
8(5×5) = 200 Inches of total curvature
8(6×6) = 288 Inches of total curvature
8(7×7) = 392 Inches of total curvature
8(8×8) = 512 Inches of total curvature
8(9×9) = 648 Inches of total curvature
8(10×10) = 800 Inches of total curvature
>>
File: 248-1-Horror-Show.png (713KB, 949x695px) Image search: [Google]
248-1-Horror-Show.png
713KB, 949x695px
>>19238683
https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://theflatearthsociety.org/&ved=0ahUKEwjRioP83-3UAhVFU1AKHdsaCzQQFggfMAA&usg=AFQjCNGJI33Obj2tDFlBPWK-GUlOwzw0Uw
>>
>>19238735
Too bad for you that you didn't learn to do proper research. Better stick with porn then, although it's fake too, it still does the job if you find your flavor
>>
>>19238719

If that picture was taken with a fish eye-lense that was pointing up slightly, it would have removed the curvature. Center = flat. Above center = curves down. Below center = curves up.

Go to 1:38 and 3:44 on this video, and you can see what I mean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXkCgB0cOGc
>>
>>19238767

Fuck, linked the wrong post.

Should have linked >>19238738
>>
File: balloonfishlens.jpg (192KB, 960x1052px) Image search: [Google]
balloonfishlens.jpg
192KB, 960x1052px
>>19238767
Heres some more fisheye lens bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bns4R5ZsVUw

Why fake something that shouldn't need to be faked?
>>
>>19238774

Okay, so idiots are being idiots. Doesn't help the flat-earthers cause by using the same bullshit to fight with.
>>
>>19238637
This only proves how stupid they are to test on a boat!!. And 7.5 miles ? Test 80 miles or more. Do actual unbiased tests goddamnit.
>>
File: eesacgi.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eesacgi.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>19238784
Idiots who receive massive amounts of money to fake something that should relatively be easy to document without faking.

Why is this cgi? They forgot to add (((LAYERS)))
>>
File: bp1410102-mbret.jpg (109KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
bp1410102-mbret.jpg
109KB, 768x512px
>>19238788
current record for long range photography

Barre des Ecrins (4102 m) in the middle left of the image, from Pic de Finestrelles (2820 m) at 440 Km, before the sunrise.
>>
>>19238637

3.75m. So... At most 128 inches or 10.6 feet. I'm not surprised the light is still visible. I don't shill for either side, but this experiment is weak.
>>
>>19238802
will super cameras get outlawed to the public? because now you have people doing stuff like this, looking closely at the sun, the stars etc
>>
>>19238800
>massive amounts of money

You really don't understand how underfunded NASA and the sciences are do you? I'm sure when you take civics next year they'll teach you about the budget
>>
>>19238774
Your images still look fake. Don't look at the horizon, but the top of both images. Something smells fishy... Because although they 'totally forgot ' they still post it right...

Really, I know your flattards are very low on intelligence, but have some dignity. At least know you are a minority and plenty of us are more intelligent then you. You have know that all your life. When you think you found something, okay, then we discuss it, but try to fool us, the ones who don't call you names everytime you do something stupid or we don't laugh at you because you never have a relationship. Try to fool us is like lying to your mom. She knows, but just chooses not to hurt your feelings, again.

Now go play, you silly boy.
>>
>>19238802
aperture and shutter speed?
>>
File: 1497901098987.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1497901098987.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>19238814
>440 Km

thas 273 miles away man.

the curvature maths would not show even the mountains which are even further than the two points being measured.
>>
>>19238802

That's only 1892 meters... Dunno where the fuck 15000 came from. 440km is 273 miles. 8(273x273) = 74500 inches (yes, i'm rounding) which = 1892 meters. Those hills are, as you stated, 4102 meters and 2820 meters. Well over the curve.
>>
File: axeman.jpg (545KB, 1465x1600px) Image search: [Google]
axeman.jpg
545KB, 1465x1600px
>>19238825
Ad hominem is always a great way to make a strong argument.

Fisheye lens shows they are actively trying to coverup the truth. If its unnecessary, why use it all all?
>>
>>19238841

I was replying to >>19238774, not >>19238802

But see >>19238846 for an explanation as to why you're wrong.
>>
>>19238817
no outlawing cameras would get people curious.

shooting pictures of stars with cameras more powerful than any telescope galileo ever concieved is just the beginning.

but the problem is actually most people are so faithful to their scientism religion that they see no need to actually check for themselves.

astronomy/astrology has always been the realm of the elite in recent centuries, only recently has the antitheological paradigm gotten out of hand.
>>
>>19238802
Do you realize internet pictures never prove anything? If that is your proof for flat or spherical earth, you have nothing, ever. Real life proof counts. Not pictures on the Web.

'What happened to 'Muhricans?
They went from mediocre to full retard.'
>>
File: earthsex.jpg (97KB, 843x843px) Image search: [Google]
earthsex.jpg
97KB, 843x843px
>>19238637
>>19238846

8(miles squared) of curve
or
8in.(distance in miles^2)

Which means to take the square root of the distance traveled in miles and then multiply that figure by eight inches.

So for example, if you traveled one mile, the formula would look something like this;

And for the first ten miles traveled of curvature in inches…

8(2×2) = 32 Inches of total curvature
8(3×3) = 72 Inches of total curvature
8(4×4) = 128 Inches of total curvature
8(5×5) = 200 Inches of total curvature
8(6×6) = 288 Inches of total curvature
8(7×7) = 392 Inches of total curvature
8(8×8) = 512 Inches of total curvature
8(9×9) = 648 Inches of total curvature
8(10×10) = 800 Inches of total curvature
>>
>>19238849
it's an aesthetic choice, but of course brumpftards know nothing about how to appreciate beauty
>>
>>19231224

He looked up you fucking chimp.
>>
>>19238855
i think were agreeing actually , im not sure whos who anymore.

why should I be seeing things at over 270 miles when there should be a visible curve where boats climb over?
>>
File: samuraijack4.jpg (32KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
samuraijack4.jpg
32KB, 459x459px
>>19238881
>brumpftards

the fuck are you going on about? STFU&KYS
>>
File: Fallon what.gif (2MB, 390x283px) Image search: [Google]
Fallon what.gif
2MB, 390x283px
>>19238817
Why will cameras be outlawed to the public but guns be available?

'Muhricans are the dumbest white people alive
>>
>>19238846

So, standing on a hill 2820 meters up, taking a picture of a hill 4102 meters up. Over a range of 273 miles which puts the curve at 1892 meters. The curve would then put the hills you're capturing at 928 meters. They would still be visible.
>>
>>19238872
> internet pictures never prove anything

so why are you here..on an imageboard.

to just debate words?

>asked for nonbiased experiments opposed to laser testing of frozn lakes over several miles
>presents numerous photos and videos, and webms showing zero curve on supposed globe earth, while showing mountains of nasa faking footage.

> If that is your proof for flat or spherical earth, you have nothing, ever.

>Not pictures on the Web.
>Do you realize internet pictures never prove anything?

went full cognitive dissonance

>'What happened to 'Muhricans?
They went from mediocre to full retard.'

ad hominem/strawman. jealousy of greatest country in the world nonsense.
>>
>>19238899
have you seen those amateur videos of stars? they look nothing like muh big balls of gas
>>
>>19238921
Because digital zoom combined with atmospheric lensing is gonna give you a real clear piture ain't it Cletus.
>>
File: venus.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
venus.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>19238921
>>19238957
>>
File: cgi.jpg (110KB, 840x600px) Image search: [Google]
cgi.jpg
110KB, 840x600px
>>19238820
NASA makes 60 million A DAY
>>
File: Shocked.gif (1MB, 360x288px) Image search: [Google]
Shocked.gif
1MB, 360x288px
>>19238849
>If its unnecessary, why use it all all?

Is it unnecessary?
If you manufacture a camera, there are no camera found on trees yet, why would you use a certain type of lens?
What are reason to make that choice?
What if NASA does not use a fisheye lens and flattards use a fisheye lens correction on that footage?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xmPgUjjZs_Y

Be amazed what different kind of optics are used in photography in general.
In the end, what would you use if you had to built a camera that will be used to far up in the sky?
>>
>>19238983
"Energetic pulse", kek
Like I said, atmospheric lensing and shitty digital zoom, zoom in on a street lamp that appears to be the same size as a star at distance, you'll get the same shit.
>>
File: fakenasa.png (675KB, 1262x1300px) Image search: [Google]
fakenasa.png
675KB, 1262x1300px
>>19238997
See >>19238774

Also feel free to explain the cgi in this, see 15:10

or webm here >>19238800

https://youtu.be/HpBEduGMapw?t=908
>>
File: kek.gif (3MB, 248x242px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
3MB, 248x242px
>>19238915
Why else? To find truth? On 4chan. .. There is only kekistismology here m8
>>
File: venus.jpg (32KB, 700x650px) Image search: [Google]
venus.jpg
32KB, 700x650px
>>19238983

>digitally zoomed cellphone videos of a planet

You do not deserve to live.
>>
File: venusgoogle.jpg (470KB, 1883x925px) Image search: [Google]
venusgoogle.jpg
470KB, 1883x925px
>>19239003
Is atmospheric lensing and shitty digital zoom the reason why all these pics of venus look totally different?

Maybe it just depends on the CGI artist.
>>
>>19239014

That's not a NASA image you fucking chimp.
>>
File: truemapoftheworld.png (11KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
truemapoftheworld.png
11KB, 244x207px
>>19239037
I think you're right, its Japan's?

Its all the same shit in the end.
>>
>>19239049

Yes. Human beings call it reality.

Monkeys grunt about muh photoshop.
>>
>>19239014
Why you focus on NASA that much?
Why not a nautical navigation?
Or physics in general?

Or cosmology for that matter?

Or ancient poetry and literature?
Or classic philosophy?

Or applied psychology?
Or higher magick?

Or theology?
Or sociology?

Because you don't want truth.
You just need confusion.
>>
>>19238314
weird, I don't think I've ever once referenced Admiral Byrd.. wasn't he a Freemason? ;)
>>
>>19239061
Ask any flat earther, they digged the guy up in the first place.
>>
File: AdmiralBYRD.jpg (741KB, 1196x818px) Image search: [Google]
AdmiralBYRD.jpg
741KB, 1196x818px
>>19239080

"... Strangely enough theres left in the world today: an area as big as the U.S. thats never been seen by a human being, and thats beyond the pole on the other side of the south
pole from middle america - and I think its quite astonishing that there should be an area as big as that unexplored." Admiral Richard Byrd
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>19239105
And why is his story creditable?
Because he is not army, government or pilot?
Because army says science is telling truth. Government says sun is million of miles away and pilots say earth is a globe.
And freemasons.... they live on a checker board and promote the bible as if their existence depends on it....
>>
File: ancientbuddistmap.jpg (70KB, 768x735px) Image search: [Google]
ancientbuddistmap.jpg
70KB, 768x735px
>>19239143
>Admiral Richard Byrd
>Admiral
>Assuming Byrd is freemason without proof
>Implying an Admiral is neither working for the government or army

Watch the interview

https://youtu.be/czW0iRJuH1A?t=75
>>
File: willy-wonka.jpg (27KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
willy-wonka.jpg
27KB, 620x348px
>>19239162
He did work for them, but you don't trust gubmint, right?

Do you now see you wrongness?
You don't trust them, but do trust him.
I am curious. .. why?
>>
File: opinion.jpg (41KB, 494x640px) Image search: [Google]
opinion.jpg
41KB, 494x640px
>>19239184
How often do you hear the modern government talk about endless coal that could generate the world for centuries located in ANTARCTICA??

He was a decorated Admiral and highly respected. You're assuming I have no trust in any politician. Tulsi Gabbard is trying to prevent US from funding ISIS, Ron Paul was calling to audit the FEDERAL RESERVE, Trey Gowdy is an absolute savage on the oversight committee.

Take your shitty logic and assumptions elsewhere.
>>
>>19239238
So why not trust education for pushing a spherical earth?
Why not trust science for doing the same?
Why lie about it anyway?
>>
File: nasasheeps.jpg (34KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
nasasheeps.jpg
34KB, 480x270px
>>19239304
Conceptually, this is a scary concept. Modern science is less of a skeptics tool and more of a world religion.

If you try to redefine what others perceive as reality, it incites questions of the unknown which creates fear and contempt.

Its comfy to assume with know everything and that scientists have tackled all the hard questions. Living on a ball rather than an infinite plane greatly reduces those questions.

IF what BYRD said is true and theres more land to be discovered, I think that creates enough motive to lie about the true nature of the realm we live on.

>Why not trust education for pushing a spherical earth

It could be spherical, but the radial measurements are wrong. There is no measurable curve, period. No measurable movement (ie 1000 mph).
>>
>>19239375
>No measurable movement (ie 1000 mph).
Read a newspaper in the train speeding 100 miles per hour. No problem.
Read a newspaper on the back of a bike at 30 miles per hour. Huge problem.
Would you care to respond to that?
Read a newspaper on a plane cruising at really high in the sky sitting economy class. No problem.
Read a paper walking on the street. A bit of a problem.
>>
>>19239375
What Byrd said was true when he said it.

It has since then been all mapped.

>No measurable curve

Sure there is. It's exactly what you'd expect it to be, provided there aren't errors in the measurement like refraction. That's what Rowbotham fucked up back in the 1800s when he founded the Flat Earth Society in the first place.

>no measurable movement

Sure there is. Foucault's Pendulum. Michelson-Gale-Pearson experiment.
>>
File: marvelous.png (186KB, 270x491px) Image search: [Google]
marvelous.png
186KB, 270x491px
>>19238671
>can physically see the curvature in the photograph
>>
>>19227574
No you don't understand, the flat earth is actually a computer simulation, and due to that human's have a limited draw distance on the polygons
>>
>>19225121
It increases the field of view of the camera if I'm not mistaken, then again I know practically nothing about cameras
>>
>>19225115
probably, but maybe not...
>>
>>19234071
>Gyroscopes can't work on a globe
This guy is out of control
>>
>>19239625
I like how the sundial is also clearly set up for a round earth.
>>
File: That is the opposite of true.jpg (165KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
That is the opposite of true.jpg
165KB, 623x414px
>>19234071
I could list all the reasons that this is incorrect and that you're a goddamn idiot, but then I'd be here all day.
>>
>>19224722
Oh look clouds going beneath the horizon. Hmm
>>
>>19217249
>>19217355
>>19219428
>>19222153
>>19224722
>>19225111
>>19225246
>>19225573
>>19225576
>>19225585
>>19225730
>>19225757
>>19225947
>>19239375
>>19239238
>>19239162
>>19239033
>>19239014
>>19238989
>>19238983
I genuinely hope you all die of a heart attack while taking a very painful shit. This level of willful ignorance should be punishable by law.
>>
>>19239761

Amen.
>>
>>19239756
>>19239761
:)
>>
File: globeearthproof.jpg (35KB, 426x960px) Image search: [Google]
globeearthproof.jpg
35KB, 426x960px
>>19239761
Who figured out the earth was round? Do you know who determined the (((circumference))) of the earth?

You guys act so smart, explain how we got the mathematical (((circumference))) ????
>>
>>19240271
Ancient Greeks.
Eratosthenes.
Measuring the different angles to the sun over a given distance, and then multiplying that distance until you get to 360 degrees.
>>
>>19217249
>I was against gay, then i became one but after seing something gay i became hetero again
I can't explain this to myself even when i know that 4ch sometimes has the type of users you want to avoid in real life. It's like a game i guess...fuck reality and facts, let's argue against things just because hundreds maybe thousands of years of science doesn't matters but my 1 hour web browsing does
>>
Hey fellow shills
I lost the bilderberger secrete companys phone number
So call their illuminati office for me and ask the supervisor mr. Lizard if he can
Send me my loan for last months shilling pls
My id : shill0858543793

Oh and btw some of you shills wash the dishes of our office kitchen. See you next week. Remember ; we need to win over those truth seeking redneck'd hillbillies then we're done and our evil plan is finished !!
>>
>>19240933
>shill0858543793
Aren't you the shill agent from 56th floor whos team invaded the tool called fidget spinner ? Your ceo is super hot im looking forward to get promoted. Any advice for that ? :)
>>
>>19240941
Hey,
That's me yes! Glad to hear that. We always need new and fresh shills due to the burden our company employees go through. 90℅ of them can't handle it telling lies about our flat earth to public so they suicide ! You should come over visit us on our floor and we can look what we'd do
>>
>>19240957
Hey man thank you alot !!
You're my all time shill hero !
I heard that you shill'd a whole generation once saying that
>What goes around comes around
The female stuff wants to suck your flat balls for that. You're so great !
>>
>>19240965
Haha
Nice to hear and it was a whole century not generation of pll...
Anyways whats your position right now ?
>>
>>19240976
Wow nice !
Im at the assembly line
Producing those fish eye lenses for curvations right next to floor where bulbs are produced to simulate a far away sun that also looks round
>>
>>19233690
>DEBUNKED on a youtube video
>Flat-Earths b-btfo
aahhahahaahahahaha
Have an open mind anon, your on a paranormal board, did you really just come over just to shill?
Check this picture, 95% of it I can guarantee is true, golf rumors is a meme is a meme
The real red pill is that there are only two religions, Christianity or Luciferian
>>
>>19240994
Oh man...i used to be there too years ago before my promotion...
Atleast you're lucky enough not being on the "4 season' simulating area...those guys are the most underpaid ones haha
Last year some of them tried to escape from the factory trying to reach the icewalls ...they almost fell down from the earths edge hahahahaha
>>
>>19240994
B-but I read about wide angle lenses.
Tell me wise /×/ , what are those?
When would I use such a lens?
>>
>>19241021
>what are those?
>When would I use such a lens?

They're getting suspicious ppl...we need other tactics
>>
>>19241038
Heyyy !!!
>Shakes fist
Explain us why 2+2 makes 4 but also
2*2 results in 4 ?
DEBUNKED !!!
>>
File: saturncult.jpg (494KB, 1556x1002px) Image search: [Google]
saturncult.jpg
494KB, 1556x1002px
>>19234780
>Quoting Reddit
You Should Apologize
Your on /x/ and don't know about ((science)) ((Freemasons))) and how the USA was started by the ((FreeMasons))) and have perptually influenced everything?
>>
File: illumanti_confirmed.jpg (88KB, 578x720px) Image search: [Google]
illumanti_confirmed.jpg
88KB, 578x720px
>>19234803
Dig Deep anon, the truth is hard to find. Look at the moon missions, they faked them all, especially Apollo 11 the proof is everywhere.
Now think, if the most fundamental fact you thought could be wrong, and the most esteemed government insituations are lying to you, what else are you lied about?
>But why would they live, what is the motive?
It's something so big, many can't comprehend, and honestly its tough to get out of it. But once you see, it all becomes simple.
Short answer the Jews
Long answer, everything you ever knew is influenced by people in higher postions, your teachers responds to the principal, responds to school board, responds to ministry of education, responds to government, responds to who?
>>
>>19241067
But it is easy to find out.
Just audiobook the Greek philosophers.
It may take some time to listen most of the works, but it 's a sure wake-up. It is still big in above average education. Ever wondered why that is?
>>
File: flatearth.jpg (57KB, 960x824px) Image search: [Google]
flatearth.jpg
57KB, 960x824px
>>19238446
Where are the stars?
I know that the earth is probably flat(we don't know the exact shape because (((they))) lie to us), but shouldn't we able to see stars? The sun is out but still, please explain
>pic not related
>>
File: christiantyredpill.jpg (928KB, 1532x1956px) Image search: [Google]
christiantyredpill.jpg
928KB, 1532x1956px
>>19238706
No, possibly. Only Christianity is True. Everything thing else is a Jewsih trick
>>
File: 1498766759937.jpg (3MB, 1160x7500px) Image search: [Google]
1498766759937.jpg
3MB, 1160x7500px
>>19238817
(((Google ))) already censors the sky
>>
File: earth is flat.jpg (121KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
earth is flat.jpg
121KB, 1152x2048px
Someone proove them wrong
>>
File: 2saturn.png (148KB, 1834x523px) Image search: [Google]
2saturn.png
148KB, 1834x523px
>>19241089
I know what the motive is, think of why Plato is so highly reverred? Why Greek Culture is seen as the way we should be? They were seen as pagans, but they knew the secrets of the ancient Religion of Babylon. Why were there so much boy and man love in Rome and Greece, the same reason there is pizzagate and pedogate. It's all occult, or luciferian magik. The knowledge has been passed down in secert for many years.
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 102

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.