[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rules of magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: pepe_wizard.jpg (21KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_wizard.jpg
21KB, 410x410px
Ok /x/ here is my question. I have been lurking around /x/ for quite some time and what I am missing to understand is what are the rules of performing magic, spells, curses etc.

For example I read tons of threads regarding love spells and this sort of bullshit. And of course as expected there are some spells. Like:

>put a name of the desired one in a jar of honey then light a white candle and let the magic hit the floor

Alright so far so good. But there are the warnings such as:

>Don't do it OP this will drain your karma resource and condemn you straight to hell!

>OP don't be a fag. You are messing with the free will of innocent teenagers. This is wrong and will eventually catch up to you?

>OP you are a faggot go suck a cUck and lick the dirty asshole of a whore who is about to die from AIDS but while you are doing this please not that if you point a finger at some one there four more fingers pointing at you.

and the list goes on and on.

OK so what exactly are the rules of performing a ritual, spell, or anything form that type? From all the warnings I understand that everything comes with a price (which surprisingly enough is expected) also why exactly the spells draws you good karma? Why doesn't it draws ... I don't know... shit? Literally who came up with the bullshit? Now don't get me wrong! Now I am not saying spells are not real or anything like that all I'm asking is:

Who came up with the rules? And what are they exactly?
>>
success (and also by implication karmic backlash, if any) can be described as thus:

success = (innate power of spell + work put into spell) / destiny

ie if your destiny was to hook up with them anyway or get rich or whatever you're trying to accomplish then it won't be a big deal but if the universe feels you're opposite your destiny, prepare for the karmic buttfuck.
>>
>>19214638
innate power of spell I'm refering to spells crafted by people who knew what they were doing vs going to pintrest and searching "spells"

work put into spells means like buying a candle or making it yourself with a magic candle ritual
>>
>>19214622
>>19214638
>>19214643

In your example of
>put a name of the desired one in a jar of honey then light a white candle and let the magic hit the floor

Find a consecration spell for pen used in magic work, do that. Care for bees which you pour energy and work into with rituals and gentle loving perfect bee environments. Making your own candle with a candle making ritual.

vs

search paper, pen, honey and candle on amazon
>>
>>19214652
Yes but you are missing the point. I don't care about the products themselves. I want to know why it drains exactly karma and not something else also who decides what are the ingredients of the spell?
>>
In the end it's all about building intention, which is inherently psychological and subjective.
>>
>>19214663
>why it drains exactly karma

Theory that anything done to better the universe gives you karma which you can then spend on something you want which doesn't necessarily improve the universe but you want anyway or want for selfish reasons.

Not everyone believes in said theory, I don't.
>>
>>19214638
so the universe is a living being that decides whether you are worthy to use magic or not? then why it needs any type of materials for the spells? Can't you just ask it politely like:

>Hey universe I need money can you make me rich?

and get a proper response like YES/NO?
>>
>>19214674
then why all the trouble? Why do you need to make candles jars honey etc. why do spells require this sort of things in order to work?
>>
>>19214675
>>19214683

Not a being. It's like a big river, if where you want to go is further down the river then great, not much work required. If where you want to go is up the river you're going to have to paddle your ass off.
>>
>>19214663
No one person decides the ingredients to a spell. It's all symbolism and reference to help you focus your inner intention. You could go without ingredients "the secret" style but you'd have to be a zen guru to make anything significant happen.
>>
>>19214709
alright fair enough but is there a limit to the spells?
>>
>>19214722
What do you mean?
>>
>>19214734
Limit to what you can wish for? For example no karma cost while casting a spell? Get the power to fly etc?
>>
>>19214743
Anything is technically possible but the natural laws are the hardest to break (ie flying). You have to be zen guru x1000 to get anything meaningful.

After that, it's hard to say what specifically wont work and what will. I would recommend picking up a good divination medium and use it to figure out roughly the outcome of spellwork.
>>
>>19214709
Not for old magic, you can't. That's a purely modern psychological approach to magic.
>>
>>19214793
Which is the only kind of magic that even makes sense. So, the other types aren't even really relevant unless you want to larp or use those rituals/ingredients for said psychological effect.
>>
>>19214797
>Which is the only kind of magic that even makes sense.
Funnily enough, I think that's a rule to magic itself. If it makes sense to you, it'll work for you.

If the old stuff makes sense to people, then that'll work for them. If the new stuff makes sense to you, that'll work for you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.