[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood Experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1138.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1138.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Hello 4Chan, I'm fairly new to this website so obviously my text format will probably suck. I will try to keep this as simple as possible. I will not be using exact names. I will not be using exact locations. All i'm going to say is that when I was in Middle School many many years ago I went on a field trip to a cave around mid-winter, Now first off, Our entire grade didn't go on this field trip all at once, we went one class at a time every day, Now I was on the second trip there and our class was split up into two groups, one group would stay above ground and do some sort of ecology stuff, and the other group would go caving, now after a couple of hours when both groups were done they would switch roles until they were done once more and then the whole field trip would be over. I was in the last group to go caving.

Since it was Winter it was pretty easy to slip inside the cave since the entrance was full of ice, but once you got deeper into the cave it become somewhat cozy and oddly and cheesy enough, fascinating. We had one instructor who usually stayed in the middle of the group and sometimes the back, which wasn't the best safety technique but whatever. Anyways while we were walking down a roomy sort-of passageway me and a kid named Shawn made our way up to the front and being kids we kept on flicking our headlamps on and off, because sometimes the lights would turn red or that weird epilepsy mode, after about 20 minutes of goofing off by ourselves about 10 ft away from our group we came across several different passageways, some you needed to crawl under, some you needed to crouch, others you just need to keep walking like normal, we decided that we should wait for the group to catch up before we hop through some random tunnel and get lost. So were sitting here fucking around, echoing our voices and flickering our headlamps at each other, but while doing that something caught my eye. (Continuing the post in the replies)
>>
File: IMG_1114.gif (2MB, 458x251px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1114.gif
2MB, 458x251px
Go on
>>
I flickered my light on and off down a hallway while Shawn was telling me some random shitty joke and something flickered in the darkness in one of the cave tunnels, I wasn't sure what it was at first so I stopped flickering my light and just left it on, and beyond what my headlamps light reached there was pitch black darkness and then I saw it, a pair of eyes reflecting the light, I don't remember the exact details of what the eyes looked like but it wasn't an animal, It was on the ceiling, upside down, now I don't know if gargantuan fucking bats live in northern America, but holy shit. I immediately turned to my friend and cut him off, telling him to look, and surprisingly he saw it too, we both got up and knew we had to tell the caving instructor, so we ran back to our group and made our way to the instructor, but he said that it was a wild animal that might have gotten down there, he said it so nonchalantly, and it didn't help me and my friend collectively shitting our pants.

Everything seemed to calm down for awhile afterwards as we made our way across a ledge, that had a 10 foot drop that led into an underground river, We literally had to shimmy across a 2 foot ledge for 5 minutes, It was actually pretty fun thinking back on it, but after we finished that and were crawling into a new area I overheard a kid talking to the instructor behind me about something standing beneath the ledge staring at him, the kid was silently crying while explaining it to him, but after a couple of seconds I couldn't hear them over the rest of my group yelling like shitheads.

I talked with my friend about this after we finished crawling and he agreed that he was freaking out just like me.

Nothing really happened after that for awhile, until we did something else, we all sat in a large cave-room-thing and we had to turn off our headlamps to experience the cave or something, and of course some kids were messing around in the darkness and giggling but it was all cut-off by someone
>>
And so, as we are sitting there we hear this running in the distance, we hear it echoing over the river beside us, I look at Shawn's dark outline and whisper, "did you hear that" and he just replies with a firm "hush", and the running gets closer and closer, but no one spoke up, I heard someone gasp a couple of times and that's it, I could even tell that this, whatever it was wasn't wearing any shoes, since the sound of its feet on the sand/rock made a fleshy sound. Then all the sudden the running stopped and we hear the sound of something gurgling?
I've never heard anything like it in my life, it sounded like a dinosaur oddly enough, Dinosaur as in, it reminded me of the call that the raptors did in Jurassic Park, but more deep and guttural, it was even worse that it echoed and made my hairs stand on end. Then it stopped only to begin running through the underground river we had walked by, it sounded like someone was having a massive fucking seizure down there, just thrashing around everywhere, Our instructor sat up and flicked on his light and told us it was time to go, and he started to lead us down a separate pathway to the exit, this instructor had been firm and hotheaded beforehand but now it sounded like he was scared for his life, and as we were leaving we could still hear thrashing still continuing without leave, I don't remember anything after we got out of that cave, sorry for that, its been so long since then, I did come back to my hometown last year, (I had moved after that experience, not because of what happened, but my Father was getting a new job up state at a National Park), And surprisingly I found the cave, nestled between two rocks, you couldn't even see the entrance unless you got up real close, and when I did I noticed, nestled a few feet withing the cave, Metal bars. I only have one photo from my time being there and it's in my first post, I just felt the need to share this, whether it was some crack head lost in the caves I don't know.
>>
I'll try to find more of my old iphone photos of that trip if you guys want me to.
>>
>>19214596
Go for it dude.
>>
Were you in Raccoon Mountain? Should be up either in/around Tennessee?
>>
File: IMG_4175.jpg (52KB, 415x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4175.jpg
52KB, 415x750px
Also, since just saying my state won't give my entire identity away, I used to live in Wyoming, I won't specify which town though. Also here's an image, I'll answer whatever questions you guys have though.
>>
File: IMG_4181.jpg (129KB, 750x961px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4181.jpg
129KB, 750x961px
Another...
>>
>>19214633
Yea I was hoping Kentucky, that's nowhere near me, cool story though. Any time the person giving the tour shits themselves you know the entity did pretty good
>>
Could you by any chance go there again? Doing like recording/photos and shit? Prepared with like good flashlight and a knife/gun if you could buy one
>>
Does someone have the story about the kid jumping on the tramp and he sees his mom in the woods? Please?
>>
File: IMG_4169.jpg (86KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4169.jpg
86KB, 750x1334px
OP again, I'd also like to say that there have been multiple disappearances in the town I used to live in, some were within a mile of that cave, What really creeps me the fuck out is that the Native Americans believed in little people who lived in caves, I can't find the link rn but there was a mummy found in the 1800's up in Wyoming nestled in a cave that was a "little person", I don't really know if that's even possible but whatever was in that cave can fuck right off.
>>
>>19214711
It would probably take a while. I might video the entrance, It has a metal gate on it now, So I don't think i'd be able to get past that. So I'd probably be able to video the outside of it or something...
>>
>>19214752
You don't know why it's closed? Even though they had field trip there and stuff
>>
>>19214767
Yeah that field trip was 7 years ago, And back then that gate wasn't there, so it might've been added to keep either homeless people away or animals.
>>
File: IMG_4178.jpg (89KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4178.jpg
89KB, 750x1334px
OP here, I have some more info, The area in which the cave I went in is showered in caves, literally everywhere, There are caves all over this place, some haven't been explored, and some have water going in but no one knows where it comes out. To be honest, when I used to hike in the wilderness around there I always felt creeped out.
>>
File: IMG_4176.jpg (30KB, 390x372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4176.jpg
30KB, 390x372px
>>
That's some freaky ass shit, I don't recommend going into the cave because if it is blocked off you'd probably be trespassing you you were to enter but if you are dumb enough to go in don't keep it a secret that you are so if you do go missing people know where to look and also bring a group
>>
>>19214812
Alright thanks, I'll make sure.
>>
File: IMG_4177.jpg (84KB, 750x974px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4177.jpg
84KB, 750x974px
Alright guys, If this thread is still up in the morning I'll answer more questions, if not, then i'm gone.
>>
Reminds me of the little people of pryor mountains story
>>
What is the story of these "little people"? I only hear stories of vendigo in the caves and mines, is this the same shit?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Pedro_Mountains_Mummy OP here again, Heres the link to the little people thing I was talking about if you want to read. Also it does seem that it was a hoax so, heres a link for the "Little People", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_people_(mythology)
>>
Hey guys, if you want to keep up with me, then follow me on twitter, My twitters name is GuyGoneCaving , I won't be that active on it, but I'll be heading back to the cave soon, so if you want to keep up with me go ahead and follow me.
>>
My noteworthy childhood experiences include:

A) a creepy Charlie McCarthy doll
B) sleepwalking and nearly getting very injured several times
C) a black figure in my front yard
D) the gnarly tree

Which one should I expand on first?
>>
>>19217618
THE GNARLY TREE
THE GNARLY TREE
GIVE US THE GNARLY TREE
>>
>>19217661
Kk

The gnarly tree is what my dad called a particular tree in the woods behind my house. I've got a lot of land, half of it is wooded and the other half, where my house is, is kinda pasture land. The gnarly tree is fairly small and ugly. My dad told me it must have been struck by lightning at one point which makes sense because it's split straight down the middle and just generally looks like it's been fried. The way the weather has worn it has left the tree warped and droopy. What makes it creepy is that even though there are very few people that live along side my property, none of which have kids that I know of, I would always find stuff there. One of the favorite things to be left there was soda bottle caps nailed to the tree. The other was straw. Whenever the layer of straw scattered on the ground around the tree would get old, there would be a new layer added soon. I never saw anybody out there scattering any, though. The tree always gave off a creepy vibe and me and my friend got hurt around it a lot. I thought there was some kind of witchcraft stuff going on around it every time I saw it when I was young, but whoever was servicing it stopped years ago.
>>
>>19217661
Sorry that wasn't much of a story, just something creepy that occupied my mind a lot as a kid. Me and my friends played a lot around that tree.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.