[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2246.jpg (206KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2246.jpg
206KB, 600x564px
If you had to bet all of your money and all future earnings, would you bet that aliens have been to earth or no?
>>
Considering how old the earth is I'd be tempted to say yes but idk
>>
>>19214183
Why would I make a stupid bet like that? I don't want to be poor and homeless.
>>
>>19214183
That's a good question. What kind of money would aliens use?
>>
File: paimon.gif (6KB, 355x351px) Image search: [Google]
paimon.gif
6KB, 355x351px
>>
>>19214202
Human cum.
>>
>>19214202
Human bones.
>>
>>19214183
ya i see mexicens exeryday cuz trump aint built the wall yet
>>
>>19214247
darn rootin' tootin'!
>>
>>19214192
You have to pick or the coming singularity will use you as a battery, keeping you in a constant state of suffering for all of eternity. They keep you alive. You never die. Only suffering. Forever. Please just choose. I don't want this non-choosing outcome for you.
>>
>>19214183
i dont get the question.
>>19214256
pick what?
>>
>>19214256
Oh yeah?
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Roko%27s_basilisk
>>
>>19214264
>>19214273
Oh mah lod u zhes are gonna get us all killed and kept alive! Pick one!!1
>>
>>19214273
what the fuck are you doing STOP THIS forget about the AI I mean forget that post ah shit
>>
>>19214273
Meh. See Sam Harris.
>>
>>19214403
No thanks.
>>
>>19214183
>If you had to bet all of your money and all future earnings

Are you trying to see if people are willing to leave behind their worldly goods for virtualization? Because, dude. Everyone understands virtual reality already. You're waiting for what already happened and we're waiting for you to notice. People will "get" the choice.

There were even a bunch of ponyfics about this already. Princess Celestia as a singularity AI trying to satisfy human values through friendship and ponies. I think that was the pitch. I really actually didn't read it, but bunches of people did. They argued about it, wrote ficfics about it, dumped metareferences to it in their other works.
So dig that story up, dig up as much of the fanwork as you can, and get all of it to your xenopsychologists for contact protocol considerations. Huge amounts of thinking that was already done on the matter of whether, how, and with what repercussions people would treat the idea of giving up their worldly goods for a virtual paradise.

Anyways, to return to the originating topic here, or at least to what I'm pretending is the originating topic, the problem isn't wealth. People will understand that you're offering them wealth beyond measure, outlander. The big problems are all elsewhere. A lot of it looks like philosophy problems. And a lot of those come down to a basic need for security. So sell people on permanence, on durability. Convince them that being virtualized lets them really and truly keep the possession that matters most: continuity of and security in their own existence.
>>
>>19214183
depends on what you mean by alines, like, any non earth life at all? i would bet yes. intelligent sentient space people with flying ships? no.
>>
>>19214183
is this enough for space ass-to-mouth service??
>>
>>19214445
>There were even a bunch of ponyfics about this already. Princess Celestia as a singularity AI trying to satisfy human values through friendship and ponies. I think that was the pitch. I really actually didn't read it, but bunches of people did.

Where do I go to find this?
>>
>>19214535
Wow. You are on one hell of a vanity trip.

If you plug the following string into a search engine, it turns up results adequately: Princess Celestia as a singularity AI trying to satisfy human values through friendship and ponies.

I may not have read it, but I have an excellent memory for transhuman trivia. That string qualified, somehow.

I can make this even easier for you. I believe this was the original: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/62074/friendship-is-optimal
>>
>>19214617
On second thought... I just clicked into it and read chapter 4. I don't know why I picked that one, I thought I was picking randomly. It made me think I may have made a terrible error. By all means... Distribute it widely... It's on the internet forever.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.