[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Splendor Solis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 27

File: solis1.jpg (123KB, 589x874px) Image search: [Google]
solis1.jpg
123KB, 589x874px
Study what thou art,
Whereof thou art a part,
What thou knowest of this art,
This is really what thou art.
All that is without thee
Also is within,
Thus wrote Trismosin.
>>
File: solis2.jpg (145KB, 630x920px) Image search: [Google]
solis2.jpg
145KB, 630x920px
>>19211480
>>
File: solis3.jpg (182KB, 752x1130px) Image search: [Google]
solis3.jpg
182KB, 752x1130px
>>19211484
>>
File: solis4.jpg (185KB, 747x1130px) Image search: [Google]
solis4.jpg
185KB, 747x1130px
>>19211489
>>
File: solis5.jpg (181KB, 770x1116px) Image search: [Google]
solis5.jpg
181KB, 770x1116px
>>19211493
>>
File: solis6.jpg (187KB, 774x1139px) Image search: [Google]
solis6.jpg
187KB, 774x1139px
>>19211499
>>
File: solis7.jpg (176KB, 774x1094px) Image search: [Google]
solis7.jpg
176KB, 774x1094px
>>19211505
>>
File: solis8.jpg (166KB, 720x1025px) Image search: [Google]
solis8.jpg
166KB, 720x1025px
>>19211509
>>
File: solis9.jpg (127KB, 647x928px) Image search: [Google]
solis9.jpg
127KB, 647x928px
>>19211516
>>
File: solis10.jpg (182KB, 775x1147px) Image search: [Google]
solis10.jpg
182KB, 775x1147px
>>19211524
>>
File: solis11.jpg (176KB, 675x1098px) Image search: [Google]
solis11.jpg
176KB, 675x1098px
>>19211532
>>
File: solis12.jpg (168KB, 689x1044px) Image search: [Google]
solis12.jpg
168KB, 689x1044px
ARISTOTLE in the Book of Origins speaks thus: ‘Sun and man create a Man, for the Sun’s force and spirit give life, and the process has to be gone through seven times, by means of the Sun’s heat’.

But as the Philosophers in their work have to aid Nature with Art, so have they also to govern the heat according to the Sun, so as to create the before-mentioned Stone, which as well has to undergo seven processes. For such a work requires FIRSTLY, a heat powerful enough to soften and melt these parts of the earth that have become thick, hard and baked, as mentioned by SOCRATES when he says: that the holes and cracks of the earth will be opened to receive the influence of Fire and Water.
>>
File: solis13.jpg (147KB, 672x1033px) Image search: [Google]
solis13.jpg
147KB, 672x1033px
SECONDLY: The Heat is necessary, because through its power the earth becomes freed from darkness and blessed with light instead. In regard to which SENIOR says: that heat turns every black thing white, and every white thing red. So, as water bleaches, fire gives off light, and also color to the subtilized earth, which appears like a Ruby, through the tinging Spirit she receives from the force of the fire, thus causing SOCRATES to say: that a peculiar light shall be seen in the darkness.
>>
File: solis14.jpg (161KB, 693x1037px) Image search: [Google]
solis14.jpg
161KB, 693x1037px
THIRDLY: The Heat causes earthly things to be penetrated by a Spiritual Force, of which it is said in the TURBA: Spiritualize the bodies and make Volatile that which is Fixed. Of which RHAZES reminds in his ‘LIGHT OF LIGHTS’, as follows: ‘A heavy body cannot be made light without the help of a light body, nor can a light body be kept pressed down to the ground without the aid of a heavy body.
>>
File: solis15.jpg (169KB, 689x1047px) Image search: [Google]
solis15.jpg
169KB, 689x1047px
FOURTHLY: The Heat cleanses that which is unclean. It throws off the mineral impurities and bad odours and nourishes the Elixir. In mention of which HERMES advises: Separate the gross from the Subtil, the earth from the fire. Whereof says ALPHIDIUS: The earth can be molten and becomes fire. Thereon says RHAZES: There are several Purifications preceding the perfect preparation, namely, Mundification and Separation.
>>
File: solis16.jpg (178KB, 697x1072px) Image search: [Google]
solis16.jpg
178KB, 697x1072px
FIFTHLY: The Heat works elevatingly, for by its force the spirits hidden in the Earth are raised up into the air, wherefore the philosophers say, that whosoever can bring to light a hidden thing, is a Master of the Art.

The same is meant by MORIENUS, when he teaches that ‘He who can recreate the SOUL is able to see color, and also by ALPHIDIUS saying: ‘Hence it is that this Combat raises upwards, or else you shall not gain by it’.
>>
File: solis17.jpg (173KB, 701x1050px) Image search: [Google]
solis17.jpg
173KB, 701x1050px
SIXTHLY: The Heat warms the cold earth, that while cold was half dead. Thereof says SOCRATES: When Heat penetrates, it makes subtle all earthly things, that are of service to the matter, but come to no final form while it is acting on the matter. The Philosophers conclude on the mentioned Heats in brief words, saying: Destil seven times and you have separated the destructable moisture and it takes place as in one distillation.

SEVENTHLY: Is the Force of the heat thus mixed with heat in the earth, that it has made light the collected parts and resolved them so as to surpass the other elements, and therefore this heat shall be modified with the Moon; ‘Extinguish the Fire of one thing with the Coldness of another’, says CALID.
>>
File: solis18.jpg (135KB, 644x971px) Image search: [Google]
solis18.jpg
135KB, 644x971px
EIGHTHLY, AUCTOR DE TRIUM VERBORUM, the author of THE THREE WORDS gives in his writings a peculiar method to govern the HEAT or the FIRE saying: ‘When the Sun is in Aries, he indicates the First heat, or Grade of the Fire, which is weak because the heat is under the Rule of the Water, but when the Sun is in Leo, then it indicates the Second Grade, which is hotter because the great coldness of the Water being under the Rule of Air. In the Sign of Sagittarius is the Third Grade, this being not of a burning heat, and under the Rule or Order of Rest and Pause.
>>
File: solis19.jpg (161KB, 630x977px) Image search: [Google]
solis19.jpg
161KB, 630x977px
DISSOLUTION is the FIRST Operation which has to take place in the Art of ALCHEMY, for the order of R which is the much spoken of MERCURY. The LIVING SILVER dissolves the adjoined pure SULPHUR.

This Dissolution is nothing but a killing of the moist with the dry, in fact a PUTREFACTION, and consequently turns the MATTER black.
>>
File: solis20.jpg (150KB, 642x970px) Image search: [Google]
solis20.jpg
150KB, 642x970px
The next is COAGULATION, which is turning the WATER again into the CORPUS or MATTER, meaning thereby that the SULPHUR, which before was dissolved by the LIVING SILVER, absorbs the same and draws it into itself.

The Water that turned to Earth, which the Corpus has absorbed, necessarily shows other and manifold colors. For if the properties of an operating thing alter, so must the thing operated on alter.

Because in the DISSOLUTION the LIVING SILVER is active, but in the COAGULATION it is passive, operated on.

Wherefore is this Art compared to the play of children, who when they play, turn undermost that which before was uppermost.
>>
File: solis21.jpg (156KB, 655x1012px) Image search: [Google]
solis21.jpg
156KB, 655x1012px
The Third is SUBLIMATION, distilling the before-mentioned moisture of the earth, for if the water is reduced into the earth, it is evaporated into the lightness of the air, and rises above the earth, as an oblong cloudlet, like an egg, and this is the Spirit of the FIFTH ESSENCE, which is called the TINCTURE, ANIMA, FERMENTUM, or the OIL, and which is the very next matter to the STONE OF THE PHILOSOPHERS.

For from the Sublimation remain ashes, which by virtue of their own AIR, given to them by GOD, dissolve themselves by a moderate heat, after which earth of a fiery nature and property remains calcined at the bottom of the glass.

This being the proper philosophical sublimation, by means of which the perfect method is carried out. And this is why this Art is compared to Woman’s Work, which consists in cooking and roasting until it is done.
>>
File: solis22.jpg (124KB, 590x913px) Image search: [Google]
solis22.jpg
124KB, 590x913px
The fourth Chapter sheweth the last or fourth thing belonging to this water which has been separated from the earth, be again joined to the earth. The one thing must be done with the other, of the Stone is to be made perfect.

The reason why all natural things are put together in a body is, that there may be a united composition.

In these last four Chapters is all contained wherewith the Philosophers have filled the whole world with innumerable books.
>>
I've heard that the subject of alchemy is man himself and that the practice is akin to the practices in yoga. Luna and sol are ida and pingala.

I've also read that the processes refer to to process of removing the Ego. If this is wrong could you shed some light on what alchemy actually is?
>>
>>19211683
You are right. It's about breaking up the false ego(s) and fusing them together to something higher.
>>
>>19211774
Ok. Thanks. Is the process mainly mental and based on controlling thoughts and actions? Are there physical signs progress like the whiteness, blackness, and redness mentioned by the alchemists?
>>
>>19211857
Sorry I don't know.
>>
>>19211872
That's fine. I thought you were posting this from experience. I'm still trying to learn how to interpret the alchemical texts. Some seem to describe physical processes in the body in addition to dissolving the Ego. It seems like they narrowed the steps down to an exact method rather than a vague exercise in being moral.
>>
File: gichtel2.jpg (558KB, 571x1041px) Image search: [Google]
gichtel2.jpg
558KB, 571x1041px
>>19211927
Oh yeah it's not moralistic, but a purification of the will still has to take place.

See pic related, earthly man under control of the elements, the points on the man refer to Pride, Greed, Jealousy, Self-Love, Anger
>>
File: gichtel5.jpg (606KB, 605x1077px) Image search: [Google]
gichtel5.jpg
606KB, 605x1077px
>>19211957
Stage 2, man concentrated on Christ
>>
>>19211959
Reborn man.

Boehme says man has to become God, God has to become man.
His main prescription is always entering into Christian Serenity, in German it's Gelassenheit, which translates literally more to something (Letting it be-ness), which I guess is again serenity.

Gichtel was hardcore though, he advocated for true non-care for worldly affairs, to the point of personal poverty.
>>
File: gichtel3.jpg (571KB, 605x1077px) Image search: [Google]
gichtel3.jpg
571KB, 605x1077px
>>19211974
Forgot pic.

Gichtel also says that in this work we get a new body that sometimes can be felt.

Front of the Reborn Man reads:
Holy Ghost
Understanding
Sophia - Mirror of Divinity
Jesus
Jehova
Dark World

For good reading I can recommend The Hermetic Tradition by Evola, it gives a real good summary of Alchemy and lists tons of sources that then allow you to dig deeper if you desire.
>>
>>19211981
I just read the chapter on anatomy symbolism in Manly P Hall's Secret Teachings of All Ages. Those figures were included. I've read some of Evola's Hermetic Tradition, but I need to check out the sources.
>>
Any thoughts on Gurdjieff's works or Ouspensky? Dissolving the Ego is a big aspect of the "Fourth Way." I've also been looking into Mouravieff since it is said that he has the only complete system taught by Gurdjieff.
>>
File: Lion-eating-sun.jpg (211KB, 983x971px) Image search: [Google]
Lion-eating-sun.jpg
211KB, 983x971px
>>19212043
Yeah both good. Maybe more down to earth than flowery medival talk hidden in symbols and such. I still like the colorful pictures tho.
>>
>>19212043
Personally I've seen some shit (don't want to go into details), but I've also been into the loony bin a couple of times because of this. This can feel like schizophrenia. Imagine everything inside you also corresponding to something outside of you. Then when things get serious it can be frightening.

What worked for me so far was silent meditation and sincere seeking, holding this spiritual treasure that I seek as the highest thing in my mind as good as I can, and staying (inwardly) calm in most situations, banal things like practicing being patient when waiting in line and such.
>>
>>19212054
Yeah, their symbolism artwork is pretty cool. Knowledge of it is also pretty much required to interpret the Rosicrucian texts. I've been looking into Philalethes and Thomas Vaughan too. They speak a little more clearly. Have you heard anything about Francis Bacon's Sylva Sylvarum? People have said it is one of the most important occult texts. On the suface it seems like a rehash of earlier works though.
>>
File: 1450394300.6226.6093.jpg (225KB, 800x808px) Image search: [Google]
1450394300.6226.6093.jpg
225KB, 800x808px
>>19212107
No haven't heard of any of the names you mentioned, gonna look into them thanks.
>>
>>19212107
Oh and Boris Mouravieff is pretty clear in his Gnosis books. He comes from a Gourdjieff perspective I think.
>>
>>19212112
No problem. I meant Eirenaeus Philalethes (there is another). His real name was George Starkey. He still speaks cryptically but comes closer to revealing than the others. Vaughan acts typical of the other alchemists and talks about secrets without revealing anything directly. He speaks clearly for the most part but gives parables that are veiled in symbolism.
>>
>>19212082
Yeah, it seems like one of the first things taught is controlling your thoughts and emotion. The aim is probably to be more aware of the present moment. Crowley gives some strange exercises in the Equinox where the subject avoids using words with a certain letter for an entire week. This seems like a more mechanical way of reaching the same state.
>>
>>19211565
super shit explanation of nigredo rubedo and albedo, vedic stuff is much more acurrated and more straigh on alchemy and cycles
>>
>>19211981
>>19211959
>to
>>19211957
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55ixIZAfbg0&t=18s

much better explanation of human desing, the program that rules your mind and body is on the nodes upon your birth and when your mama and papa fucked ,this is like the piece of the matrix bounded to you full of archetypes and how the sisitem(because the alien virus) change your emotions and how they make you react and direct all your energy to your astral shadow and feed upon this until you die and see your life in 30 seconds while they do so much bad shit to your second body until your third body dies by absentia
>>
>>19213646
>>19213940
I'll check it out thanks.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.