/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOLOMON'S TEMPLE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

File: Solomon's_Temple_Jerusalem.jpg (66KB, 450x326px) Image search: [Google]
Solomon's_Temple_Jerusalem.jpg
66KB, 450x326px
What's the deal with Solomon's Temple /x/?

Literally - Hundreds of thousands of people have been obsessed with this Temple (Freemasonry, numbered in the millions in the early 1900s)1

Isaac Newton dedicated years to understanding the hidden meaning behind Solomon's Temple(2)

Freemasonry initiation rites revolve around Hiram Abiff, mason for Solomon's Temple(3)

PLUS - Seal of Solomon was one of the first recorded uses for the Hexagram/Star of David, which was used to supposedly control demons?(4)

Anyone with more info on this? I can't find enough

1 - http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/king_solomon_temple.html

2 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton%27s_occult_studies#Newton.27s_studies_of_the_Temple_of_Solomon"

3 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiram_Abiff

4 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_of_Solomon

Any thoughts?
>>
>>19211267
Solomon's Temple is a representation of as above/so below, the microcosm/macrocosm. Man's relation to God, the Universe, and Cosmos.
>>
Bump, I am curious as well.
>>
>>19211271
I've heard the best idea, at least from Freemasonry, was that it represents man as being a temple of G_D on Earth, beyond that I'm lost.

Why was Newton, arguably one of the smartest men to have lived, dedicated to this hidden meaning?
>>
Another example why no one should destroy beautiful architecture.
>>
File: brain map.jpg (2MB, 2170x2737px) Image search: [Google]
brain map.jpg
2MB, 2170x2737px
>>19211271
http://www.metaphysicspirit.com/books/The%20Temple%20in%20Man.pdf
>>
Don't forget, the Knights Templar supposedly found some sort of treasure or sacred artifact under Solomon's Temple.
>>
>>19211273
Funfact: While he was a scientist... the guy was into Alchemy like a boss. Yep, Newton was that hypocrite man.
>>
>>19211292
My understanding was that alchemy was almost a precursor to chemistry.

While the goals are different (alchemey = philosopher stone/gold and chemistry = understanding chemical reactions), I believe either would be considered taboo at the time and both would engage in similar experiments?

Maybe I'm confused. But also, most sciences were considered occult/taboo, such as learning how to perform surgeries on cadavers.
>>
>>19211288
Solomon's Temple was supposed to hold the Ark of the Covenant if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps something related?
>>
>>19211304
>My understanding was that alchemy was almost a precursor to chemistry.

It was but alchemy is also about the transmutation of the soul. It was used as a cover and symbolic language for practitioners to escape persecution. Silver/mercury/gold...all these things have implicit esoteric meaning.
>>
>>19211312
Transmutation of the soul into what?
>>
>>19211312
>Implying there weren't actual practitioners of actual, physical alchemy, as found in text of the period.
>>
>>19211311
There are a lot of theories. Could've been the ark of the covenant, the holy grail, spear of destiny, a shit ton of gold/gems/treasure... Whatever the case, they found something valuable and ended back home to Europe. I don't think it's been ever discovered what they found - just always a mystery.
>>
>>19211324
http://www.sufismus.ch/assets/files/omega_dream/alchemy_e.pdf

>>19211285
>>
>>19211328
There were both. But the symbolism of soul transmutation is also there.
>>
>>19211312
Science given at universities are given at a intellectual level, and those who are intelligent enough hear how much science is still all about alchemy.
>>
>>19211344
And sexual transmutation.
>>
>>19211267
The Temple is simply a layout of the soul. It once was a physical building, but now only really can be understood allegorically. The Third Temple will be a physical one but it has elements which make it stand out in Ezekiel chapter 40.
>>
>>19211311
The Ark of the Covenant is the mind with the Torah inside. It represents the angelic court of Yahawah, which is a way of saying "heaven". The various objects in it also have special meaning, which has to be derived from the Hebrew for each.
>>
>>19211384
i enjoy the symbolic/metaphoric interpretations of these artifacts but i also think they were real physical things. accounts of people dying when coming into contact w/ the ark make me think electrocution
>>
File: 1449597847_sim.jpg (70KB, 700x579px) Image search: [Google]
1449597847_sim.jpg
70KB, 700x579px
Solomon's Temple had two pillars named Boaz and Jachin, you can see them represented in OP's illustration.

These two pillars had great occult meaning. Some believed they symbolized an entrance to the unknown.

Others beleived they were taken from the Temple of Sais in Egypt, and are the two pillars Plato mentioned that were a record of the destruction of Atlantis.

Yet others believed the pillars represented the two most important spiritual principles of love and unity.

Whatever their origin, the two pillars are one of the most important symbols in Fressmasonry, as you can see in the picture I've posted.

google "solomon's temple two pillars occult" to learn more
>>
>>19211267
>What's the deal with Solomon's Temple /x/?
you erroneously attribute interest in the temple to the temple itself, instead of to both those religions from which the divinity of the temple is derived and the influence those religions have accrued over multiple centuries; this is to say, of course, that correlation is not causation

tl;dr Newton was a Christian
>>
File: high-priestess-1.jpg (33KB, 182x317px) Image search: [Google]
high-priestess-1.jpg
33KB, 182x317px
>>19211547
I'm going to post some more occult images of the two pillars to strike home my point of their great occult importance.
>>
File: 2.png (199KB, 327x294px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
199KB, 327x294px
>>
>>
>>19211547
>the two pillars Plato mentioned that were a record of the destruction of Atlantis.
Then they are retarded and have *NO* effing clue how allegory works.
>>
File: eindhoven.jpg (52KB, 358x276px) Image search: [Google]
eindhoven.jpg
52KB, 358x276px
masonic lodge
>>
>>19211601
I hate summerfags
>>
>>19211547
>Others beleived they were taken from the Temple of Sais in Egypt, and are the two pillars Plato mentioned that were a record of the destruction of Atlantis.

Most of Plato's atlantis story, by wide acadamic agreement, is not 'Atlantis' But rather the island of Santorini underground volcanic eruption.
>>
File: tumblr_nwkesxOHuG1rj9sw5o1_1280.jpg (549KB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwkesxOHuG1rj9sw5o1_1280.jpg
549KB, 1280x959px
>>
File: boaz_jachin.jpg (20KB, 300x407px) Image search: [Google]
boaz_jachin.jpg
20KB, 300x407px
>>
>>19211267
It's where God came down and dwelled on the Ark of the Covenant. It was called God's house.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.