[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the most interesting creepy events that are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: (49).jpg (95KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
(49).jpg
95KB, 570x570px
What are some of the most interesting creepy events that are relatively unknown? Things that aren't on every creepy youtube countdown or horror channel?

True Crimes, Mysterious Disappearances, Cryptids, Paranormal Events, Weird Historical Events, etc.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1951_Pont-Saint-Esprit_mass_poisoning

250 people involved in a mass hallucinatinogen poisoning
>>
>>19209838
Depends on what you find interesting exactly. Given a lot of these things have been talked about for ages now. The more creepy and mysterious the more people are gonna talk about it. The stuff that is talked about the least is usually shit that has already been explained. I guess the one that stands out to me is phantom nations. Like the man from Taured or whatever the name was. But there aren't a whole lot of cases about that. And even less information. It's almost entirely speculation.
>>
>>19209838
I guess I should have started. This has gotten coverage by a few of the horror channels I watch, but I always thought the disappearance of Paranormalana was interesting. Haven't seen it mentioned on /x/ before.

Searching her name brings up a twitter account from January but it is most likely fake.

>Paranormalana, who otherwise went by the name Alana G., was known for creating videos that focused on real life events, spooky stories, paranormal events, and other creepy things. She was most known for her video series titled "True Scary Stories" that highlighted the mysteries surrounding the deaths of Elisa Lam and Kendrick Johnson, "Scary Games That You Can Try Yourself" that explained how to perform games such as the Midnight Game and she had just begun to start a new series called "Vampires Over History." She was a fairly popular YouTuber who had over 50,000+ subscribers to her channel. She called her fans her "Paranormal Family" and appreciated her fans for watching, subscribing, liking and spreading her videos out so that others could watch them too.

On September 3rd, 2015, her channel disappeared without a trace and this caused several horror-themed, and other genre channels to discuss why she deleted her YouTube as well as the rest of her social media accounts. A few tweets from her deleted Twitter account have been used in these theory videos as to why she disappeared all of a sudden, mostly explaining that she had to change how she managed her social media accounts on the account that she had a stalker.
>>
>>19209861
Yeah, you're right. There have got to be things that aren't done to death though. I thought the man from Taured was pretty interesting, too.

The reason I am asking is I am trying to start a horror blog. I just wanted to get some ideas about what I can write about, hopefully things that can be dug into and researched more. I also want to stay away from things most youtube channels cover unless I can add something new or interesting to the discussion.
>>
Edward Wayne Edwards
>>
>>19211186
Never heard of him, thanks! I will add him to the list and see what info I can dig up.

>He wrote that he never disguised his appearance during crimes because he wanted to be famous

I thought that was a little ironic, I've never seen him mentioned anywhere so I guess his plan didn't work
>>
>>19209838
>>
The mysterious disappearance of the Flannan Isle lighthouse keepers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flannan_Isles_Lighthouse
>>
>>19212724
thats pretty interesting
>>
>>19209848
>>19211186
>>19212724
Thanks for the reads. Keeping me sane on a very quiet today.
>>
>>19212724
Didn't know this one, very interesting.
>>
>>19209838
Dancing Plague of 1518

The outbreak began in July 1518, when a woman, Mrs. Troffea, began to dance fervently in a street in Strasbourg. This lasted somewhere between four and six days. Within a week, 34 others had joined, and within a month, there were around 400 dancers, predominantly female. Some of these people eventually died from heart attacks, strokes, or exhaustion.One report indicates that for a period the plague killed around fifteen people per day.

Historical documents, including "physician notes, cathedral sermons, local and regional chronicles, and even notes issued by the Strasbourg city council" are clear that the victims danced. It is not known why these people danced, some even to their deaths.

As the dancing plague worsened, concerned nobles sought the advice of local physicians, who ruled out astrological and supernatural causes, instead announcing that the plague was a "natural disease" caused by "hot blood". However, instead of prescribing bleeding, authorities encouraged more dancing, in part by opening two guildhalls and a grain market, and even constructing a wooden stage. The authorities did this because they believed that the dancers would recover only if they danced continuously night and day. To increase the effectiveness of the cure, authorities even paid for musicians to keep the afflicted moving.

Historian John Waller stated that a marathon runner could not have lasted the intense workout that these men and women did hundreds of years ago.
>>
One time a dragon dildo disappeared inside OPs insidiously large gape, if that's not paranormal idk what is.
>>
>>19209838
The Process Church of the Final Judgment, or the 4 Pi movement. They are a satanic, sex magic offshoot of scientology that had interactions with a few serial killers and now run The Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Fucking rich wackos.
>>
>>19216155

This is fucking awesome, sounds like some alien shit to me.
>>
>>19216219
It's thought to have either been an outbreak of Ergot poisoning, a case of mass hysteria surrounding St Vitus lore (supposedly he could curse people with a dancing plague), or St Vitus' Dance (or Sydenham's chorea, it's an illness named after St Vitus that causes uncontrollable jerking among other things and mostly affects young women. This is the least likely explanation however because of the low frequency of such an illness and the concentration of cases within a relatively small community).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.