[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digitlal Minimalism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1495179619999.jpg (28KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
1495179619999.jpg
28KB, 424x283px
Would deleting all your digital goods (music, videos, pictures, bookmarks, ebooks) increase your spirituality? Can one not be attached to data?

Also, how does one keep tabs on posts they've replied to over the course of days?
>>
It's not a sin to be attached to something. It doesn't mean you're going to hell or you're any less spiritual.

Go to settings>monitoring>make sure thread watcher is checked

When you find a thread you want to watch, click the arrow next to (reply) and add to watch list.
>>
>>19207761
I hide almost all of them anyway unless I commented in it
>>
>>19207789
There is no hell and there is no such thing as sin.
>>
>>19207789
How to watch a thread without replying to it?
>>
>>19207761
I usually think the Internet has detached the world from its serious natural roots. But world economy relies on it now, so it is infrastructure that is not going away.
>>
File: serraangel9th.jpg (23KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
serraangel9th.jpg
23KB, 200x285px
>>19208004

THIS.
>>
>>19207761
Definitely. Don't even look at a screen for a whole day and see how much shit you get done, how much you progress
>>
File: arnolddoitnow.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
arnolddoitnow.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>>19208157
Now?
>>
If you're living a normal life in the normal world, I can't see how much impact it could have spiritually. Maybe increased productivity and whatnot.

But if you're in serious pursuit of spiritual progress outside the normal world (in seclusion, a monastery, etc) then it is taken for granted you will not be consuming any media whatsoever, unless it is directly related to your spiritual pursuits.
>>
>>19207761
It probably would, but I would kill myself waiting for my MRI.
>>
File: david_cross.jpg (104KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
david_cross.jpg
104KB, 800x600px
>>19208270
I still have notes to self and fitness, chess, music links though
>>
>>19207761
Using digital data and being attached to data are two different things. Attachment in its very nature is not good for your spirituality, however using digital data gives you information, experiences and well data, that you otherwise would not be able to attain, so this is a good thing for your spirituality. A good approach would be stay away from data that is non-essential to your progress and embrace data that does help you progress. But also be vary not to stray and always question all information you come across.
>>
No.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.