[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crowders Creek Ruins, NC Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 7

File: Crowder's Creek Ruins (1).jpg (2MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
Crowder's Creek Ruins (1).jpg
2MB, 2656x1494px
Greentext because I'm lazy.

>Drive an hour and a half south to Gastonia to pick up some kratom

>While driving through King's Mountain, notice pic related

>On the way back, stop to get a couple quick pics before sun goes down

>Mangy dogbro approaches, then departs when I begin to approach ruins

>Can't get all up inside dat cave hole because I was in shorts and skate shoes (NC innawoods fags know not to walk in high grass without caution, especially around water)

>Try to find a path to get to the front of whatever building or structure it might be, but nothing easily traversed.

>Head home because of waning light and poor planning.

I've been trying to find some info about what it might be, but not finding much. There is no paved road access, and the dirt trails leading to it seem rarely used, judging by the satellite imagery. Planning on going back sometime soon with my brother, and possibly a local friend.

Any NC /x/philes living around this area, or familiar with it? Could be nothing more than a small bit of ruins, but I know the area along Crowders Creek (the creek that runs through the building) has been settled since the 1750s, and the peak that is directly behind me when looking at the ruins (Crowder's Mountain. Go figure) was used as the dividing line between Cherokee and Catawba hunting lands.

I know, not terribly spoopy or crazy, but I'm curious and don't want to go in blind, if at all possible.

Also, general NC thread. I'm wanting to put together a tour of my home state's spoopy places and could use some suggestions. Already been to Devil's Tramping Grounds, years ago. Spent the whole night drinking and smoking in the circle with some friends, and a couple locals that were there when we go there. Huge disappointment.
>>
File: Crowder's Creek Ruins.png (1MB, 1366x679px) Image search: [Google]
Crowder's Creek Ruins.png
1MB, 1366x679px
>>19207613
Some Google map pics with coordinates.
>>
>>19207613
Probably an old relic from the civil war. Go check it out (TAKE A FRIEND AND TELL PEOPLE WHERE YOU ARE HEADING)
>>
>>19207620
>>
Bump, let me ask my friend from gtown and see what he says
>>
File: Dogbro.jpg (4MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
Dogbro.jpg
4MB, 2988x5312px
>>19207623
I was thinking something similar, although it would be weird to not find any records for it if it were Civil War related. This is NC, people have massive hard-ons for stuff like that, and there's an antique store within a stone's throw of the site (no one was there when I found it, so I wasn't able to ask about it) that I feel would likely exploit the hell out of such a site. Then again, lots of stuff is sitting out in the woods around here.
>>
File: Crowder's Mountain.jpg (4MB, 4516x2540px) Image search: [Google]
Crowder's Mountain.jpg
4MB, 4516x2540px
The mountain. There's a golf course on the other side of the road.
>>
File: Distance.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Distance.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
The approach from the back of the antique shop.
>>
File: 1482800385592.png (177KB, 436x361px) Image search: [Google]
1482800385592.png
177KB, 436x361px
>>19207613
NCfag here, and nice find. That's a little farther south than my lazy ass wants to drive out to, though. I don't have any spoop recommendations, all that is in my area are a few abandoned buildings around.

Its hard to really tell from your picture but I would not be surprised if the cave doesn't go in very far at all, but I can almost guarantee there's probably some hobo or squatter trash still in there just by the looks of it.

Keep us posted, and remember, don't handle any suspicious polaroids without a pair of gloves.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.