[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prayers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 20170626_110824.png (3MB, 1440x1488px) Image search: [Google]
20170626_110824.png
3MB, 1440x1488px
To anyone who can answer I thank you...
So how do we know we are worthy of having our prayers answered? Yes he died on the cross for our original sin but how can one be confident that if I have faith he will always pull through.
>>
Your path through life has already been set by God. You need not fear if you trust Him and have faith

Faith is the confidence that you're missing.
>>
where is this coming from?
>>
>>19206326
Ah so faith is confidence that says...look I have no idea what's gonna happen but by your will it shall.
>>
>>19206351
Yes. Faith is letting God be the driver of your chariot and never having to be afraid again.
>>
>>19206363
But what makes it scary is...i see some people die so so young and others live long crazy lives...not knowing is what is scary
>>
>>19206314
When your prayers are answered you know you are worthy. When you make concious decisions to do good this pleases God and you will start to notice things others may call "coincidence" - but my friends I assure you there are no coincidences.

God bless you all and have a great day.
>>
>>19206314
nobody is worthy
prayers are a placebo for scared owls to pretend they can influence a deity who has already planned everything out already
God doesn't give a shit about your first world problems, he's manipulating a chess game with 8 billion pieces

if prayer matters then bad things would never happen
if they don't, then God has a long term plan
you can't have both
>>
>>19206400
Thank you for the insight...
>>
>>19206436
And thanks for everyone for all the

Oh God....shaking head type Gif.

Made me smile.
>>
No one is there to answer your prayers right now. Jesus is stuck on earth as a human until she can break the cycle. God is dead. No one is there.
>>
>>19206495
I love u
>>
>>19206314
I have a deistic opinion, that means I believe in God, but I think he does not manipulate with the world (like answering prayers), thet would mean to break our free will
>>
File: memlingchrist.jpg (191KB, 800x1098px) Image search: [Google]
memlingchrist.jpg
191KB, 800x1098px
>>19206410
OP isn't referring to whatever "god" you're referring to.

>>19206314
I recommend you go back and read some parables, especially the prodigal son and the lost lamb. Christ would drop me on my head, regardless of my righteousness, to answer your prayer made in an earnest heart. as a Christian you should understand that though you sin every day, your Faith itself rewards you penitent reflections and prayers of needs in the very throne room. make sure to follow the scriptures teachings on prayer, and don't doubt anymore.
>>
>>19206314
When my prayers are not answered, that's when i know that i sinned, of course we sin a lot, but in the '' sinless '' periods (which are short :') ) all my prayers are answered.

You don't have to know, because, sinning or not, prayer is the only line of communication with out Lord, so even if you sin, just keep on praying, for the Lord is always happy to take back a lost sheep to the godly way.
>>
We give God and Jesus too much credit when things go our way and we have good luck. We also blame God and Jesus too much when things go bad and we don't get what we want. The truth is God abandoned us. God cursed Jesus to spend eternity living out normal human lives. Jesus is a prisoner like the rest of us. There is no one who can save us until one of these gods step up and become the new God. I believe that will happen in the near future and the new God will reveal himself to the world and things will change.
>>
>>19207265
The big problem with that is all the gods out there are out of power and are stuck on earth living endless lives.

I believe if I die, I could get my powers back and I could make a difference in this world, but there's only one way to find out.
>>
>>19206314
On what kind of prayer you need answering? Surely our prayers will be answered if we answer to one another.
>>
>>19207324
Well I was told
Ask and you shall receive or if your faith is even tiny as a grain of mustard seed anything is possilve. Even power of healing like Christ.
But doesn't say how to get there...like constant mediation or do I keep praying over n over which is also stated that God knows what you need before you ask so you therefore do not need to repeat it.

I just would love to receive the gift of physical healing like Christ has
>>
>>19207414

God tests us all
>>
>>19207414
im in the neo catechumenal way. our catechists say that all we need to do is kee walking in our community and be obedient. man have i made so many strides in such a short amount of time.
>>
¿That little word you use, was it "pray"? Yeah. substitute in each and every case for "yoga". (Re-ligare means "re-unite", "yoga" means "union").
Also, Apocryphal of Thomas: "And Yeshua said: my yoga comes naturally".
>>
>>19207471
What is that?
>>
>>19207414
If you want to heal the sick you could be doctor or create new kind of vaccines. Maybe cure millions of people with that.

So why are you not a doctor if you hope so much cure the sick? Confidence in your ability to cure the sick, thus comes the faith.

Go there where you are needed.

Then Yeshua said to them, “No doubt you will quote to me this proverb — ‘“Doctor, cure yourself!” We’ve heard about all the things that have been going on over in K’far-Nachum; now do them here in your home town!’
>>
>>19207477
its a form of practicing the catholic faith. its been in the US for around 40 years i think. Small communities are built in catholic parishes allover the country and focus on catechizing the way it was done when the church first started. I love it.
>>
>>19207491
Very true...medicine and technology could be beautifully combined.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.