[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spiritually Retarded?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Derp_c11b4d_169508.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Derp_c11b4d_169508.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
So, over the past decade I've tred meditation, trances of many sorts, light divination, and desperate attempts to reach out to those things folks call spirit guides.

No results from anything. I feel like a wound in existence, like nothing wants to deal with me. I've come to a conclusion that I must be just so naturally inept that something could be shouting at me and I couldn't hear it.

Do you folks think that's possible? Do you think that someone who tries their best at spiritual matters and still gets a brick wall should just accept this?

Also, share your spiritual blunders, for the lols.
>>
File: Jellyfish.jpg (758KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jellyfish.jpg
758KB, 1024x768px
>>19203667
did you abstract this type of thinking from my cranium???
>>
So, I used to try and use the wild method of oUT of body stuff. Almost all my dreams are lucid, so shit, why not?

Everytime I tried, my brain just trolled me by waking me up right into another dream.
>>
I've tried pendulums. No luck, because I can move that myself and thus, can not trust any answers. Those might just be my subconscious being a dick.
>>
Guess that's a no go then. Well, thanks anyway. Good luck in all your endeavours folks.
>>
>>19203667
No you're not naturally inept.

Spiritual results are simply very gradually obtained and require practice of meditation or whatever your preferred method is. Even when you start becoming effected by the results, you won't notice it until way down the line. It's like how you don't notice visible muscle from working out until many months after, even though every individual workout was valuable because it got you those results.

As far as spiritual practice, I recommend chanting japa rounds of the Hare Krishna mantra over standard meditation, it's much more efficient. I also recommend reading Vedic texts like the Bhagavad Gita but that's up to you. Generally you're supposed to seek out a guru as you can only progress so far alone, but reading scripture on the subject also helps. It's the equivalent of trying to assemble a piece of furniture blindly versus reading the manual. You'll get to the end eventually with both routes but it's much easier if you're told the correct information on what to do.
>>
>>19204059
Huh, maybe. Sometimes I think life would have been easier if I didn't have what was defined as a kundalini awakening 10 years back. Tring to even define what that was started all this noise.
>>
This whole board is spiritually retarded. Vampires, holocaust denial, tripfags everywhere, just a mess
>>
>>19204134
Lol yeah. Gotta take eveything with 20 Oz of salt.
>>
>>19203667
it's possible. I have wondered the same about myself at times. (personal anecdote alert) I also ended up doing great in academics but rolled a 1 in my social skills. I used to go to school with a very talented painter who was smart and articulate, but who was taking remedial math because she couldn't into fractions. most people have at least 1 area of their lives where they struggle to make progress, and maybe this is yours.

>>19204059 has a very good point. spiritual skills are like any other skills in that your understanding of them deepens with time and practice.

to placate any skeptics in the thread, I'll also add that it's possible none of this exists and it's all a larp circlejerk with incense. but even then, you should still do it if you feel drawn to it - the psychological aspects of spiritual practices should make themselves noticeable over time.

I do know that if you stick with it, the struggles will make the successes, the insights, and the "aha!" moments that much sweeter.
>>
It's funny, I was totally prepared to pack it in and 4chan's X made a pretty good arguement. Back on that horse then.

Pic related, as spirituality frustrated as this nerd.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.