[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/, what are some good meditation techniques/advices you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Meditation[1].jpg (118KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Meditation[1].jpg
118KB, 1600x1067px
/x/, what are some good meditation techniques/advices you can give?

I'm looking for the following:
-stress relief
-increase of concentration

but whenever I try it I get distracted too easily and I don't know some good ways of coming back.

What can you advise for a newbie who wants to meditate?

PS: I have a jacuzzi in my house, and been thinking about doing it in hot water, not sure if it's a good idea but I'd love to do it there even if it's not as effective.
>>
In this case, you're probably looking for just a simple meditation where you focus on your breath, stretching the diaphragm.
Full inhalations, starting with the bottom of the lungs, expanding the belly, then expanding the chest, then raising the shoulders.
>>
>>19203602
Chase your breath until you reach state. Work through any intruding thoughts or interruptions.

Work on more advanced techniques when you get more comfortable with the basics.
>>
>>19203666
Any website with techniques from basic to advanced?
>>
>>19203671
There are countless websites and youtube videos. Google is your friend.

I believe there is even a "Meditation for Dummies" book available.

Do not be intimidated. It is REALLY easy to do, anon.
>>
Just bring your attention back to where you want it whenever you notice it wandering. You'll gradually train yourself. The key is to be patient with yourself and don't get frustrated because otherwise you'll condition yourself to associate meditation with frustration.

You can also make your thought stream the object of meditation by staying aware of the form and fact of your thoughts without getting lost in the content.

You can also use prayer beads to count each time you get distracted, which doesnt do anything for you in session but is a way of proving to yourself that you are making progress

Finally you might want to read up on the 5 hindrances, access concentration and the jhanas
>>
>>19203602

Learn qigong or yoga. If you get distracted, ignore it and continue on like it didn't happen, it'll eventually stop on its own once your mind gets the hint. In terms of instilling discipline, I feel Liber Jugorum is one of the best no-bullshit methods.
>>
Heyo thanks you guys.

Any tips for songs stuck in your head while meditating? I've had this issue since I was 15 and it never went away. I've been wanting to meditate since then (almost 10 years ago), but this issue always kept me away from going in fully.
>>
>>19205340
how come, you happen to run into an old friend, there's no music

if monkey brain still wants to play music
you should give instructions to monkey brain
watch breath
>>
>>19203602
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deeppower.chakars
>>
>>19207259
>mediditation
>>
>>19205355
how to properly control monkey brain, master
>>
>>19209626
he just told you how. bring your mind back to the focus object.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.