[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to join a religion but I dunno which one is right for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 124771154_063bbf6f44_z.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
124771154_063bbf6f44_z.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
I want to join a religion but I dunno which one is right for me are any of you religious if so what religion do you belong t and how did you find out about it?
>>
Zen Buddhism is the thing for me. I liked it because there isn't as much a "supernatural" aspect of it that Christianity and similar languages as. The religion teaches more of respect for the world and yourself, at least as I see it.
>>
>>19203239
pick the one with the most bad ass artwork and coolest followers ever
>>
Spend time researching instead of asking other people to pick your spiritual beliefs for you, as that's missing the entire point of spiritual beliefs.
>>
Fuck labels.

Read, meditate, contemplate shit, and find God in you.

Zen is a great start. I started with Zen, studied pretty much every tradition and philosophy I could get my hands on, and pretty much did a full circle back to Zen. Once the pure, nondual awareness that is beyond thought and conceptualization Zen always refers to clicks, that will be the rock solid ground for all future spiritual endeavors and what everything eventually returns to
>>
>>19203239
You will always believe what you think serves you
>>
>>19203239
mormonism so you can fuck kids when you have them
>>
>>19203283
>>19203272
I've spent time looking some basic stuff like Buddhism, nihilism and a bit of leveyan Satanism but I was just interested to hear what other people's beliefs are seeing as how everyone I talk to is either atheist or Christian
>>
>>19203239
Religion is just something you do regularly.

If you want a covenant to live by you'd best be off with The Bible.
Forget all that easter bunny - santa claus crap and start to comprehend it.
>>
>>19203272
Because decision making is easy for the young and impressionable?

Dont judge me critical thinking is haaaaard for someone as special and unique as meeeeee!
>>
Best thing you can do is stay secular no need to cloud your mind with religious nonsense, if it is part of joining a community group there is many choices that aren't religion based.
>>
Go Islam then kys.
>>
>>19203239
Research about religion and see which one truly fits you. Or pray from the bottom of your heart to ask for God's voice.

Never worked for me though. I may have had a revelation in the shower about the middle east but it may have just been me.
>>
>>19203239
Sit down and ask yourself what you truly believe in. You do not "pick" a religion per say, your genuine faith in something determines what religion you belong to.

If you adhere to a religion you don't really believe in then you are just LARPing.
>>
File: IMG_0334.jpg (173KB, 638x876px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0334.jpg
173KB, 638x876px
Buddhist Mahayana Zen sect. I am and athiest and dont believe in the supernatural. I believe Nirvana can be achieved in this lifetime. I do not believe in karma and rebirth only exists in the form of matter being recycled no soul exists. all is one and an individual soul is a delusion. I beleive the Noble eightfold path is the ideal moral system but morality is realtive and fluid.
>>
Thelema
>>
A strange question to ask with a picture of Glenn Benton attached...
>>
>>19203239
>but I dunno which one is right for me
More importantly, which one is true?
>>
Animist
>>
Science
>>
Read the Gospel bro,
this is coming from a former muslim. Read the Gospel, you will find the most edifying ethics and values that are known to man. I'm specially refering to the Sermont on the Mountain. If you are truely searching for transcending your humanity, then this Sermont is for you as it is spoken by a God. Jesus Christ himself. The values and the ethics that Jesus promotes and teaches are simply brilliant.
>>
>>19203251
>I liked it because there isn't as much a "supernatural" aspect of it that Christianity and similar languages as
Not real Zen then

>>19205023
See above

I'm a Catholic because I appreciate the balance of the spiritual and intellectual, the rich traditions of the Church and the ancient beliefs of the pure faith.
>>
>>19203239
I am an Atheist because all religion is just fairy tale nonsense with a fell-good message attached to placate the masses.
>>
>>19203273
Please don't take this edgelords advice
>>
>>19203239
I have to tell you that there is nothing more rewarding and fulfilling than converting and learning to comprehend Christianity
>>
>>19203239
Catholicism is the true one, so you should join us.
>>
>>19207485
There's not more rewarding than understanding Science and understanding all the garbage in christianity and islam and whatever religion is all made up garbage
>>
>>19207463
You're an idiot who obviously reads as poorly as you spell.
>>
>>19207642
Keep telling yourself that, sheep
>>
File: ZG0Kvct.png (211KB, 452x419px) Image search: [Google]
ZG0Kvct.png
211KB, 452x419px
>>19207505
how's your summer vacation?

only underage faggots spend time debating religion. it's a tiring subject that you just learn to outgrow and not give a fuck about as long as people dont shove it in your face
>>
>>19203239
If you're a lame white guy, Buddhism is the way to go.
>>
>>19207737
Why don't you pray to your god and ask him to show himself to me so I can start believing in him? Oh wait :)
>>
File: 1411869812978.gif (2MB, 314x323px) Image search: [Google]
1411869812978.gif
2MB, 314x323px
>>19207828
already done, my friend :^)
>>
>>19203283
That's patently false I dread atheism and cry myself to sleep nightly with the dread of eternity but I do it because it's the truth not because it serves me.
>>
File: KEK.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
Zen Kekism got Trump elected
>>
>>19208083
fuck kek, our true god is awakening
>>
>>19203239
Just try them one by one. Read the books. Attend the meetings. Join the members for dinner. Fuck the girls.
What ever flavor taste good, you keep.
>>
>>19203297
Real atheïsts have tried a bunch of religions and discovered they all suck in a way.
>>
>>19203239
through pain and hardship and solitude the bible seems to be the best choice imo

until you experience that, don't bother
>>
Discordainism.
Funny , easy, deep and large
>>
File: IMG-20170620-WA0004.jpg (497KB, 1253x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170620-WA0004.jpg
497KB, 1253x1600px
You don't pick a religion persay. Look for the truth, research the communalities of world religions and also study the mystery religion of Babylon, it's been keep secret from the public for generations. Passed down through secret societies, and they hate Christianity. That led me to Christ.
>>
>>19203239
Why does this guy always make te same fucking face on every fucking photo
>>
>>19210563
>>persay
>using latin idioms in conversational English
>spelling them wrong
reeing pretty fucking hard right now
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.