[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What forms of magic, if any, are allowed by god? Are centering,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4

File: theendofevangelion-5.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
theendofevangelion-5.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
What forms of magic, if any, are allowed by god?
Are centering, grounding, and shielding allowed?
>>
Magic missile
>>
>>19202671
I'd you can do it
Its allowed
An all loving god would not let you do a lot of bullshit then punish you afterwards.
That shit would be evil
>>
>>19202677
What about Detect Magic?
That seems pretty harmless.
>>
>>19202671
Allowed by which God?
>>
>>19202671
Theoretically all are allowed, you just have to recognise that they are subservient to the greater divinity and divine order of duality, etc.
>>
>>19202681
How come people warn that practicing magic results in going to hell?
>>19202893
Not sure how to answer. The God that judges people based on morality
>>19202899
Can you clarify about divinities?
>>
According to Enoch one can perform divination by invoking angels and be just cool with the big dude.
>>
>>19202977
That's just something the churchy types say because they're afraid of things they don't understand.
>>
>>19202671
It's a slippery slope, you can start into spirituality and go from projecting goodness and love to crowley shit eating in a veery short time. Better not to mess with it unless you have some well grounded people guiding you.
>>
>>19203076
Thanks anon, so how would you recommend that I go about finding reliable guides?
>>
Don't you ever touch magic. God forbids that, and no amount of '' white magic '' or any bubble-gum named ritual will change that. Look up to the Bible. A real believer do not practice magic, if you want to '' change things magically '' in a certain way, you can pray and the Father answers the sincere prayer. God Bless you brother.
>>
>>19203253
Because the bible is a super reliable source of information on EVERYTHING!

Just ask any born again, lol.
>>
>>19202671
This is a slippery slide to think about. What would make God allow one practice over another for example? And how much different to they have to be from one another?
>>
>>19203253
This

Magic in all its forms is exerting your will above God's perfect will.

If you pray to God and if you pray for the fulfillment of God's perfect will you will never need magic anyway.
>>
>>19203253
>God forbids that

Yeah, maybe go out and actually the read the books of prophets that the Catholic church didn't canonize. The book of Enoch details how one can invoke the angels of heaven and speak with them for purposes of divination.

There's a lot more to your religion than you realize.
>>
>>19202671
Just do it no balls
>>
>>19203253
but... what if you're wrong? what if the bible was purposely translated to condemn such things? when in actuality magick is the true path. what if some very smart people 1000s of years ago wanted to keep this secret to themselves so they could have power over the rest of the world? didnt jesus perform magick? wouldnt using a gods power to manipulate reality be considered magick?
>>
>>19202671
One may choose to practice magic, but it is not God's will.

>>19202681
Because God respects our free will.
>>
>>19203447
prayer is a form of magic
>>
>>19203504
this to an extent
>GOD loves you
>GOD also respects your free.
will which is why you will always have the ability to do as you please including killing and even taking ur own life.
but should you choose to diobey him you will pay the consequences.
TL;DR you literally choose ur own fate in the afterlife because of your free will.
>>
>>19203510
Aw shit sounds like we got gypsies here!

I agree with you. And giving thanks is like asking for future magic with no particular aim. God knows best anyway! Thanks God!
>>
>>19203510
Ok you're right

What I should have said was that any form of magic that raises your will above God's will

Magic that promotes God's will (prayer indeed) is the "correct" form of magic as far as God is concerned

However you can do any magic you want, taking into account both the threefold law and the fact that you're trying to impart your will above God, which is never a good idea anyway. Or do you really think that what you want is better than what God wants?
>>
Yahweh was pretty specific in the OT about people not...

>enchanting
>observing times
>having familiars
>being witches or wizards
>human sacrifice

But really, what does it matter? Yahweh is a tyrant anyways, why would you listen to that guy?
>>
>>19203573

Different anon here. I'm of the opinion that the greatest that a creation can do is overcome and surpass its creator. To do any less is a disservice to that creator.

So I work to impose my will over God's in order to prove that I was worthy of being made, that I am greater than what I was created to be.
>>
As was already pointed out here, prayer is a form of magick. When people pray for things, they are just asking for God to give them what they want, which is their will anyways. It is not any different than regular magick except it's dressed up as being holy and righteous when it is just as selfish, if not more in some cases.

If someone prays, "God your will be done," then their will is wanting God's will -- in the same way, this is just asking for something they want. Thinking it through, what is God's will anyways? No one knows, so its useless to ask for.
>>
>>19203573
>Or do you really think that what you want is better than what God wants?
No I certainly do not.

I use magic when it is warranted.
>>
>>19202977
>>19203054
Redpill: Karma is God's language. He's very tolerant but you obviously can't fuck upeverything without facing consequences.
Black magic is actually unnecessary and even less powerful than white magic. So that's why you go to hell if you sacrifice too many dogs/pigs/bulls/children
>>
>>19202671
Any magick is allowed if you do it in Jesus' name
>>
>>19202671
"And he shall cast all the magic users into a pit of flame."

All magic is born from God. To "cast" it yourself is to sin. Pride. For you took from God without giving thanks to anyone except yourself.
>>
>>19203846
When Saints use miracles they are chanelling the energy of God. Therefore God acts, supposedly, directly through them.

In short.
Wizards cast fireballs. (Merlin vs King Arthurs Foes)
God casts nukes. (Sodom & Gommorah)
>>
>>19203573
You realize the very concept of a singular monotheistic God means that you are a fragment of God and as a part of the whole are literally incapable of having any sort of "will" that is not "Gods will"

If we were talking polytheism you could over-will A god, but not THE God. Surely you must see the logic of this.
>>
>>19202671
If youre talking about the traditonal Abrahamic God then look into the story of moses parting the Red Sea from the Judeo perspective, he found the 60 names of God, which was really just a list of catalyst like spells, Time Travel, moving objects, reincarnation. Moses uses those spells and what they call "the power of confidence" to do it, it pissed God off so much that he wasnt allowed in the Holy land with Nephilim, even though he saved the holy people
The guy must have a stick in his ass about magick
>>
>>19203886
As parts and parcels of God we share some of His traits, albeit at an infinitesimal degree. One of them being free will.
>>
>>19203846
What exactly are you citing here?
>>19203557
>gypsies
Dude, that's just anthropology. Prayer is a magical ritual, not much different from what the Wiccans do.
>>
>>19202684
Dimension door is also allowed
>>
God will not punish you for using any type of magic.

Some types of magic will have negative side-effects on your life though.

I recommend meditating more and learning more about reality before getting into magic. Alot of these side-effects are caused by misunderstandings about reality.
>>
>>19203253
>>19203293
>>19203447
>>19203475
>>19203573
If God didn't want magic to exist, God wouldn't have created it. You can not supersede God's will, so if you perform magic and it works, then it is God's will. If it wasn't, he would just fizzle that shit out, duh.

Christianity was made to condemn magic by those that practiced it.

If you want to know what kind of magic will cause you to be judged, just think: is this magic hurting someone? If yes, stop. If no, carry on, I can say with almost complete certainty that the big guy upstairs doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>19203573

It is literally impossible to raise above God's will since we, and our will, is LESSER than God. It is therefore impossible for a lesser being to rise above a higher being.

All that matters and what is in play is the Universal Law of Karma. Basically the Non Aggression Principle - don't harm anybody, don't infringe on their free will, don't intimidate/manipulate, or steal from others.

Beyond this, magic is perfectly fine, unless used for entirely selfish purposes to gain an advantage or to manipulate.
>>
God has dominion over the will.

He is the endless font from which we are renewed daily.

Men go through flagellation
Baptisms through fire
Circumcision

The approprite prayer for god is to ask for strength t resolve your issues.

Anything that helps with endurance.
>>
>>19202671
Earth is still a battleground. The spirit of competition is stronger in most places than the spirit of coöperation, especially in big cities, schools and business. Most magic is allowed by god as long as it doesn't interfere with the will of others. In places where the spirit of competition is strong, no magic is allowed unless only the people who want you to have that success ever get to know about your magic. This is god's way of protecting the will of his weaker children. Those who are constantly comparing themselves to others, who wish hardship and bad luck on others, especially their friends/rivals, so they can look better in comparison. If they were confronted with the magic of their betters, it would hurt them so much that it could break their will.

So if you want to set yourself up for success with magic, move to a secluded place and cut all ties with people who refuse to believe in magic. Then you can experiment to your heart's desire and achieve real results without hurting anyone. If you want to live in the real world and do magic it will always remain a struggle for you. You either have to account for plausible deniability in all your magical workings or become a shadowy figure who keeps his true identity a secret from everyone.
>>
File: 1376523892702.jpg (77KB, 617x864px) Image search: [Google]
1376523892702.jpg
77KB, 617x864px
Anything is "allowed". If you mean what is good, any magic that forcefully takes energy or forcefully affects the will and/or well-being of others is black magic. The rest is neutral or pure.
>>
>>19203598
because I never played SMT and don't know how hard that boss is
>>
>>19210587
This
>>19202671
"There are no mistakes under the law of One"
>lawofone.info.
Centering, grounding, and shielding seem like positive things, that are encouraged alongside contemplation and meditation! :)
>>
>>19202671
>allowed
>god

>magic
This isn't going to go very far
>>
File: img1.jpg (89KB, 550x720px) Image search: [Google]
img1.jpg
89KB, 550x720px
>>19202671
Do what thou wilt
>>
>>19210872
Men of low imagination.
>>
>>19203703
is white magic bad in gods eyes then?
>>
>>19202671
Ignore all the people saying all magic is banned.

Joseph was loved by god, and he used a cup for divination. The Bible doesn't condemn him ever, at any point, for this divination.

There are two main things that are banned in the Bible:

1. Necromancy, or divination via spirits and ghosts and the dead.

2. Foreign divination practices at the time of the writing, to avoid foreign spiritual influences rather than anything innately wrong with them (see the above note about Joseph's divination).

Hermetic mages would often conjure and command demons under the rationale that God gave mankind dominion over Satan, and thus we are allowed to command him in God's name.

Then there's the Enochian magic referred to in this thread frequently.

But the real question is why you would adhere to the moral code of a God that demanded the genocide of over a half dozen nations, down to women and children and even cattle?
>>
>>19210905
>But the real question is why you would adhere to the moral code of a God that demanded the genocide of over a half dozen nations, down to women and children and even cattle?

He's right you know

>Hermetic mages would often conjure and command demons under the rationale that God gave mankind dominion over Satan, and thus we are allowed to command him in God's name.
Specifically, Solomon and his Keys. There is an explanation in how they came to be and how power is held over them.
>>
>>19203447
>exerting your will above God's perfect will.
a lot of magic is about understanding and following gods will though. if you try to go against god's will you're just going to bring a whole lot of shit against yourself, magically or not
>>
>>19202671
magic is childish and 100% not necessary if one has a relationship with god
>>
>>19202671
God doesnt forbid you from doing everthing. Universe to exist however requires balance thus when you tip the scales in your favor using magic it will get back at you. The only magic that is 100% right is selfless when you recognize that you are merely a tool through which god can act directly upon this world because you too at your essence are a god. Basically even if you dont do magic for anyones harm but for your own benefit its still wrong only when you try to help others its good.
>>
>>19202671
Is it possible? then it's "allowed"

The question is what you will ultimately get for doing it, not even in a corny "moral" sense but in the literal way that the universe is balanced, just as this guy puts it well with the idea of a balance --- if you tip it too far, it'll swing back the other way, not out of a sense of morality but simply from physics >>19210934
>>
>>19210926
There is no difference between one's will and god's will, if you consider everything to be one, and reality to be an illusion for the creator to experience itself, through infinite free wills, in the illusion of separation.
>>
>>19202671
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Magick is pretty much a word for mystical expression. There are branches that allow one to engage in self discovery, but that is the harder kind. Most people are after the quicker and easier. A select few are more inclined towards the more difficult, because it's a narrow way. So if you are inclined more to the latter, rejoice. I recommend one start with learning basic banishing rituals, Abramelin, Invocation of the Bornless One, and personal studies of your choice. Keep a record of everything. Nothing is too minute when you're doing this. Meticulous note taking will come in very handy later on. Feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer. Love is the law, love under will.
>>
>>19211430
Alister Crowley?
>>
>>19211463
I'm into a lot of things, but yes.
>>
>>19211467
Interesting! what else are you into?
The "love is the law" and the importance given to free will kind of reminds me of the Ra Material/ Law of One.
>>
>>19211467
>Recommend one start learning basic banishing rituals, Abramelin, Invocation of the Bornless One
>Abramelin(!)
Anon the Abramelin operation is a huge undertaking. not suitable for beginners, certainly.
>>
>>19211490
>Anon the Abramelin Operation is a huge undertaking
Yes, it is very much a grand work. One would only have to read the text to get that. I recommend one read it at least, to get an idea of what the future may hold.

>>19211477
A lot of African based syncretic systems. Thelema obviously. I've studied some of the more intricate aspects of the Torah. Islam. Buddhism. Daoism.
>>
>>19202671

Imagining stuff is magic, didn't you know?
>>
>>19211507
Thank you! will check them out.
>>
>>19211507
Oh phew. Thought you were recommending the OPERATION!
>>
>>19211530
I may be reckless and a tricky fellow, but I am not that kind of evil.
>>
>>19202671
All of them. But that's because (((he))) wants you subservient to him, and give all your psychic energy to him and not other deities/rituals.
>>
>>19210275
could i use youth magic if there was a thing on me and people i care about without that being bad
>>
>>19203253
>Moses
>Initiated into Egyptian majik
>does many tricks
>Ten Commandments basically a version of an oath taken by Egyptian priests for purification, modified for simple, illiterate brick makers.
>jesus
>kills a fig tree by cursing it
>pretends to change water to wine by sprinkling roseate permanganate into water
>no mention of the 'wine' tasting very nice
>was pretty much an initiated majician and one of the wisest speakers on human nature ever, told us so much about ourselves that is timeless, but very little about himself
Seems like God picks and chooses who to punish for majik tricks, huh?
>>
>>19211507
>I've studied some of the more intricate aspects of the Torah. Islam. Buddhism. Daoism.
>I've done SO MUCH study therefore i REALLY GET IT
>all these systems
M8 worshipping the signpost as a superhero is common, but worshipping yourself for being an expert on signposts of the world is uncommonly retarded.
>>
>>19214083
>Jesus
>one of the wisest speakers on human nature ever, told us so much about ourselves that is timeless

Did you actually read what he apparently said? Anyone could have said the same. In fact, people way before him wrote down much better works and had far more insight into human nature. Not that knowing human nature is very hard to understand if you are human.
>>
>>19208056
This guy gets it.
>>
>>19208029

any recommended books on understanding reality?
>>
>>19214848
>>
>>19203458
Book of Enoch also mentions that burning fish hearts will cure all diseases, and exorcise all demons that may be possessing a person. so maybe there's a reason it wasn't canonized.
>>
>>19214858
Hey look, its the massager. What a dildo
>>
>>19214870
The books that are canonized aren't much better. Like saying you can get certain types of goats by having them mate in front of branches. Among many other things. The canonized Bible ain't exactly a book teeming with truth and insight either.
>>
Consider a prayer a love note to god
Offerings,sigils,incantations
These are all artefacts of adoration.

Consider that god said that he wants you to love him

Consider that jesus said to love others

Consider the blood shed to give birth to love or done out of love

Consider that the first sin was a betrayal of gods love.

Consider that the punishment was to cause us to toil and suffer for the rest of our days.

Let me tell you the most occult secret i know.

Love is the only true form of magic that exists.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.