[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best translation of the Apocrypha (and, optionally,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: pepeillumin.gif (162KB, 220x286px) Image search: [Google]
pepeillumin.gif
162KB, 220x286px
What is the best translation of the Apocrypha (and, optionally, the Canon), that includes notes on the esotericism of the original Hebrew / Greek texts? E.g., being aware that Genesis actually refers to Elohim, which is plural not singular; gematria; etc. (cross posting from /x/ but i think /pol/ might actually slant better to this demographic)
>>
you mistake /pol/ for people who would actually understand the words you just used, myself included.
>>
Is there an /x/ thread you can link me to?
>>
>>19202182
Gematria is Kabbalistic kikery, the Jews ruined the Old Testament for me
>>
>>19202183
Canon - the books that are part of the conventional Bible
Apocrypha - books that were left out for various reasons
Elohim - Hebrew plural for "gods"
Gematria - a system of numerology built into Hebrew (and possibly Greek too, not sure)
>>
>>19202185
Old testament, as far as i know, is the perfect religious text for a tribal culture. Christianity is about universal values. It builds upon the old testament texts, but expands with the birth of the individual (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Ghost
>>
>>19202186
So in Genesis it says the World was actually created by multiple Gods?
>>
>>19202186
Ah yes. I think Gematria is used in Greek too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkZqFtYtqaI
>>
>>19202188
>If Christianity were looked upon less as a church and more as a Mystery School, the modern world would rapidly gain a clearer understanding of its tenets. Every priest of Christendom, every minister of the gospel should be an anatomist and a physiologist, a biologist and a chemist, a physician and an astronomer, a mathematician and a musician, and above all, a philosopher. By a philosopher we mean one who could study
intelligently all these different lines of thought and discover the interrelationship existing between them, and use all the arts and sciences as methods by which to interpret the magnificent emblematic pageant and mystery drama of the Christian faith. If they were to intelligently consider the secrets handed down from the priests of pagan antiquity (whose stupendous genius soared far above the rutted prejudices of modern thought), they would make a number of important discoveries.
>First of all they would discover that in the present translations of both the Old and New Testaments are numerous mistakes, owing to the fact that the translators were not spiritually competent to interpret the secret mysteries of the Hebrew and Greek languages. They would find numberless contradictions caused by misunderstanding and they would also discover that the so-called Apocryphal books (rejected as uninspired) contain some of the most important keys which have been descended to us from antiquity.
>>
>>19202220
cont'd
>>They would learn that the Old Testament was not to be considered literally; that concealed between its lines were certain secret teachings without which the true meaning of the Hebrew writings cannot be discovered. They would no longer laugh at the pagans for their plurality of gods, for they would discover that they themselves, if exact followers of their Scriptures, were polytheists. The word "Elohim" as used in the early chapters of Genesis and translated "God", is a masculine-feminine plural word, meaning a number of gods who are androgynous and not one Supreme Deity. They would realize that Adam was not a man, but a species--a race of creatures, and they would also realize that the Garden of Eden was not located in Asia Minor.

from Manly P Hall's Melchizedek and the Mystery of Fire
>>
>>19202227
Couldnt the plurality of 'God' indicate God's infinitude. IE God represents all.
As for the interpretation of Adam, isnt he both Man and the first Man, therefore also the symbolic representation of the species 'man'?
>>
e-lohim is one of the names of (the One) God.
el means power, elim means powers. therfore the name E-lohim denite that (the One) God is the absole controler and orchestrator of all powers.

- a religious jew (what else would you like to know?)
>>
>>19202242
Not sure. Generally speaking MPH is pretty well versed this sort of stuff but I think you'd need to ask a scholar for a definitive answer. Interesting questions though.
>>
>>19202254
Oh gawd, not often i get the chance to talk to a religious jew. Is the Judaism thing more of a traditional/bloodline thing, ot do you genuinely think Judaism is a better religion to follow than Christianity?
>>
>>19202281
i wasnt always as religious as i am now, but yeah, i think to any logical person it makes the most sense.
it not even that it makes the most sense its just that every other religion doesnt make sense.

if you have an hour listen to this, its really worth it. if not ask and ill try to summarize. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4OzkVQte6g
>>
>>19202308
Thoughts on Qaballah?
>>
>>19202308
Do you know Jordan Peterson? I was an atheist untill i heard his interpretation of Christianity. Christ as representative of the Individual. The Holy Ghost as Consciousness. God as the State/tradition/the Father.
this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5_-pfqFGJI&t=712s
>>
funny you ask.
ive always been into kabbalah since i was a kid, something about the unknown and that its sort of off limmits in judaism. well, good works in mysterious ways.
the vocational school in israel i decided to go to is a regular school like the tens there are that a lot of post-high-school students go to. i choose this school solely because both my oler brothers went there. im now at the end of my third year, of which the rabbi is a massive mekubal(kabbalist). aside from the (practical) kabbalah ive seen from him i dont know much else, and what i do know i couldnt possibly have understood correctly as i just started studying the talmud seriously three years ago.

what exactly would you like to know?
>>
>>19202335
i really dont find joy in being the guy thats tells people to listen to my crap but then wont listen to others', but its just a waste of time for me.
i havent heard of him, no.
>>
>>19202392
listening to the beginning of your youtube vid, i see the lecturer tries to find an utterly rational approach to Judaism. This is, i think, a mistake. Religion is seperate from science. It is not about what is of this World , but rather how to be in this World. It is Moral truth rather than factual truth.
Just start watching the first couple of minutes of him talking. He is addictive to listen to.
>>
>>19202408
in judaism its both.
the more im learning, in fact everyday. i find that every apsect of judaism is screeming to think for youself and come to the truth of your own understanding. any new student will tell you the more you learn the more science and religion conform, which only makes sense accoording to the dictum that god made the world(science) and the torah for it.
>>
>>19202408
hahah oh my i apologize, were starting backwards. i gave you the wrong link.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/media/a/rational-judaism/
>>
>>19202408
let me know if youd like to speak

avrahami live.comtz@
>>
>>19202535
sure, id love to speak. Cant find you in google.. My twitter is @tomBoheme if you got that
>>
>>19202559
avraham itzkowitz
[email protected]
>>
>>19202609
u from New Jersey?
>>
>>19202678
yeah
>>
>>19202739
Guess i found your facebook :p
>>
>>19202744
that was the gaol in writing my name as it appears on facebook. if youre interested in my full name its avraham m(oshe nosson) itzkowitz. in parentheses is not legal.
>>
>19202220
>christian
>philosopher
OK buddy, if we take it in the literal sense of "Lover of Sophia", which, as everyone should know, is the Holy Ghost, then yes. But priests are busy loving kiddies nowadays
>>
>>19202182
The cepher aint bad
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.