[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made you a believer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: Dark Forest.jpg (347KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Forest.jpg
347KB, 1600x1067px
I'm still not quite convinced about paranormal existence. Was there an event in your life that caused you to believe in these supernatural things?
I'm a firm believer of science and I'm a aspiring biologist. But I'm always open to hear your story why you started believing.
I don't want any links to curious websites, just your sole experience.
>>
File: natalia.jpg (63KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
natalia.jpg
63KB, 1000x541px
>>19201919
I don't know if lucid dreaming is considered 'paranormal', but it still amazing experience not many are able to experience and is, well, hidden from the broader audience.

I'm not a natural lucid dreamer, I've learned how to do it and now I'm able to lucid dream whenever I set intention when I go to bed.

To clarify, it seems to be very similar to a thing people call 'astral projection' which is in my opinion bullshit. When people are discussing astral projection they're actually discussing higher levels of lucidity.

It's still an amazing experience and I'd wish more people would know about it and learn how to do it.
>>
File: 1440185372930.jpg (1MB, 1266x5543px) Image search: [Google]
1440185372930.jpg
1MB, 1266x5543px
>>19201919
here bro, here's your controller
>>
>>19201945
>I'd wish more people would know about it and learn how to do it.
why?
>>
several astral projections

my dead father visiting me in dreams and telling me things.
>>
>>19203853
what did he say?
>>
For me it was seeing the protective spirit that hung around the house. and then a few months later having the verified by my 4 yr old nephew. nothing quite puts it so clear into view like that
>>
>>19203821
I know its rp but it got me really hooked. I dont regret reading it.
>>
Nothing so far. I saw an UFO once and a complete stranger next to me saw it too so that was the closest thing to a supernatural experience but nothing ever happened after that
>>
>>19204084
i noticed how similar the 2 op pics were
>>
>>19203826
Because it gives people freedom. There's no point in keeping it to your chest just because muh secret club. Lucid dreaming could probably help with depression if a more sure fire way of triggering it was found.
>>
>>19203821
good read
>>
>>19201919
I get deja vu really strong several times a day when something important happens later that day. I end up having a general idea of what will happen because of this. Last week my sister's friend had a father die. My parents got spooked when they told me and I asked if it was a certain friend by name. (My sister has a ton of friends she hangs with)
>>
>>19201919

Was a typical chad normie. Had the most vivid dream ever one night, actually had all of my senses in the dream. Kept seeing symbols I'd never seen before, I could feel the importance of them. Somehow know it's alchemy related even though I knew absolutely fuck all about the subject. Wake up and immediately search alchemical symbols. All 4 of the symbols I saw were right there.

Still don't know the meaning of that dream, the purpose, or anything really. I just know that I'd never seen those symbols before yet knew what they meant when I woke up.
>>
File: received_220478531799728.jpg (32KB, 539x673px) Image search: [Google]
received_220478531799728.jpg
32KB, 539x673px
This is an abandoned insane asylum in Glendale, MD. This is just one small example. I could, post pics/a video, go on about stories, etc.
>>
File: received_220479268466321.jpg (39KB, 720x944px) Image search: [Google]
received_220479268466321.jpg
39KB, 720x944px
>>
File: received_220479495132965.jpg (31KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
received_220479495132965.jpg
31KB, 720x720px
>>
File: IMG_20170517_005008.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170517_005008.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
I asked this steel door to be opened by the presence I felt. Vid begins just as it stops creaking open. I ask for a name. You hear "my name's Luke"
>>
>>19204855
go ahead and post man!
>>
>>19201919
I'm not a die-hard believer that any of this is paranormal, just that I can't really explain it.

I used to have semi frequent instances of "precognition", but it was always mundane pointless shit.

Like, really pointless shit. In my teens when i would be thinking about episode of family guy or the simpsons, maybe remembering a funny bit or just a random episode, more often then not that episode would be the one airing that night.
After awhile it became so frequent that i'd laugh about it, "I have a mutant power, and it's the ability to predict Family guy re-runs"

One of the few times (and the most recent one I can remember) when it was actually helpfull was about 3 years ago, I had a dream that someone was stealing my bike, woke up during the night but dismissed it and went back to sleep. Sure enough my bike was gone in the morning. I actually saw it chained to a tree a few blocks down later that week, but by then I had a replacement so i just let it go.

I might have done a bit of lucid dreaming once, I was trying to astral project at the time, but like the previous anon said I also think it's bullshit.

Anyway, I was with a friend who was huge into spiritualism at the time, and she was trying to teach me how to meditate, astral project, all sorts of the stuff you'd see discussed here. We were near a small creek and she had me meditate near it, told me to focus on the sound of the water and the sensation of "letting go". So I'm just sitting there, took me awhile to stop thinking "this is dumb, what am I doing?"

Once I was finally able to settle down and relax, I just stayed like that for awhile, focusing only on the sound of the water and nothing else, when suddenly I saw the water and rocks in front of me, but my eyes were still closed. At this point I freaked out a bit and opened my eyes, haven't really tried it since.

I have a few more things, but they could be explained as sleep-paralysis coupled with overactive imagination.
>>
I've seen elves
>>
>>19201919
My life. All of it.
>>
>>19204855
Where in Glendale? I can go there sometime this summer and take photos
>>
Idk but Justin sure made me a belieber.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (4KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
4KB, 194x259px
>>19201919
Georges Sorel and Nietzche. The scientific method is not perfect and Positivism is simply an egocentric interpretation of reality.

>He dismissed science as "a system of idealised entities: atoms, electric charges, mass, energy and the like – fictions compounded out of observed uniformities... deliberately adapted to mathematical treatment that enable men to identify some of the furniture of the universe, and to predict and... control parts of it." [1; 301] He regarded science more as "an achievement of the creative imagination, not an accurate reproduction of the structure of reality, not a map, still less a picture, of what there was. Outside of this set of formulas, of imaginary entities and mathematical relationships in terms of which the system was constructed, there was ‘natural’ nature – the real thing…" [1; 302] He regarded such a view as "an odious insult to human dignity, a mockery of the proper ends of men", [1; 300] and ultimately constructed by "fanatical pedants", [1; 303] out of "abstractions into which men escape to avoid facing the chaos of reality." [1; 302]
>>
File: mantisprophet.png (137KB, 524x707px) Image search: [Google]
mantisprophet.png
137KB, 524x707px
>>19201919
>Was there an event in your life that caused you to believe in these supernatural things?

This is the day I ceased be an atheist after a decade, after making this post on reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3axb2ZwXTQ
>>
>>19201919
Just a desire for something beyond the mundane every day existence. Waste of time, really.
>>
>>19201919

I saw god in my dreams
>>
bumpo
>>
I live in St. Augustine. Some call it the most haunted city in America. This shit is real, I've seen it. Dark figures, incomprehensible voices with no source..
>>
>>19201919
>I'm still not quite convinced about paranormal existence.
>paranormal
what is normal? what is paranormal? 100 years ago, if you told ppl that there is a kind of light that exists just outside of the visible light spectrum—ultraviolet light—they would've told you that you're fucking crazy; if you used a blacklight and white cloth to PROVE that ultraviolet exists, most would call you a witch

i say this while knowing that UV light was discovered in 1801, as both a testament to the limitations of human perception and a commentary on the end result of state-mandated education—aka state-mandated indoctrination

tl;dr you don't know "normal," you only know "things you've been told exist by authority figures and things you can perceive thru your own senses"
>>
>>19201919
>>19213293
like, here's a great example: are you american?? if so, do you think it was wrong or right for the US to defend South Vietnam against North Vietnam communists??

the joke, ofc, is that the U.S. attacked South Vietnam, contributing both funding and armed combatant personnel to back the military coup that deposed and killed their president, after which the stability in South Vietnam literally fucking tanked—as US influence and dependence grew, ofc

i live in a country full of people, most of whom literally believe that the Vietnam War == "America defended South Vietnam against communists in the North"; to them, the truth is "paranormal"—when in truth, they are limited by their perception, as are all of us...
>>
i started believing after i saw these black figures while i slept, how do i saw them as i slept? well i was born with a ptosis, alot of people would say its a sleepy eye or bully me that i got hit on my eye or some shit, anyway i had a operation so i could pull up my eyelid further (it looks about 80% normal) but the price was that i can close it, but if i sleep it will open itself halfway allowing me to still see. for about 2 years now i can see creatures or whatever the fuck they are walk around my room
>>
>>19201919
Saw my first ghost at around 6. Was at home with mom, who was taking a bath, closed door. Playing with some toy and looking down at it as I did, I saw as clear and as real as my own hand a naked pair of legs walk by me and around a bend in the hall. I immediately lookup and call out to my mom, who answers from behind the bathroom door. After asking her if she was still in the tub-yes-I asked if she'd always been in the tub. She laughed and said yes, so I knew right then and there that ghosts/beings like that were real.

I also met the Hat Man, same house, in the late '70s, just after that. Never told anyone the details of that encounter until I saw the Hat Man talked about here on /x/, and saw the usual images you see now of him. I was more blown away by that independent confirmation of his existence than any ghost I've seen.
>>
>>19205090
Real astral protection is wholly different than lucid dreaming. I've noticed the same kinds of meaningless premonition too, but it happens with meaning too at times.
>>
>>19214811
*projection
>>
I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a believer, but when I consider some of the out-there shit that science offers us, I can't help but be open to ideas that are still pretty removed from modern mainstream thought.
>>
>>19201919
The accounts. Certain things have enough evidence for me to buy it, others not so much. Things like divination O believe in because I did it and found it to work.

No real personal experiences. About the weirdest things to happen to me in that sense is a vague first memory of falling to earth, and another weird incident where I saw a shadow walk by the hall when I was a little kid.
>>
I wouldn't say I am believer but I'm more open to it now.
I was working night shifts by myself painting the beds of our welding trucks and keep hearing shit move. My first thought was one of the welders had gotten a call out, so I asked if they needed any help loading up. No one answered and then I remembered them telling me the shop was haunted earlier that day and started to get a little freaked out. I stopped what I was doing to see if I could figure out what the noise was, and it turned out to just be the wind making some of the thinner metal plates outside jiggle around. Now I felt pretty stupid for getting so worked up, and making fun of myself I asked the wind if it wanted a smoke. About an hour and half later, break time rolled around, and I went to grab my cigarettes but they were gone. I started to look for them and found them upstairs in the break room even though I hadn't been up there. At the end of my shift I was talking to some of the welders and found out that like 30 years ago before it was our shop two people died up there for carbon monoxide poisoning.
>>
A friend of mine pushed me into meditating when I was abusing drugs. One day while meditating I opened my eyes to find myself in a very white, incredibly energetic place, like some limbo where the air filled you with insight.
I thought about walking around, but didn't understand what was going on and/or if I'd fall IRL, so I panicked and left (came back to my physical body). It was freaky, but I didn't think much of it.

A few days later, after a night of drinking and sex, I came home feeling like shit when I felt an "energy" creep to my room and make the air very dense. This dark energy filled the place so much that I could barely move or think straight. I couldn't meditate or focus, it was all emotion, and very scary. I walked to my grandmother's room and asked her for help, after which we grabbed a rosary and started praying. After 45 minutes of this, another kind of energy (The pure, white one from before) appeared right in the middle of my chest, like being touched by the tip of a finger. This sent circular waves in expanding motion from my chest to the rest of the room, "drying out" the dark energy and instantly clearing up the wavelenghts, energy feeling and emotions from me and the room. After this night I was so tired I couldn't work propperly for a day.

This got me into doing a shitload of research where I finally figured out how to best meditate to higher frequencies, reach trance, and come out of it with new information. Things that I never knew before. Things I vehemently disagreed with. As if I had a conversation in a split second, and couldn't remember the conversation but could clearly remember the conclusions drawn from it. I call this "talking to spirit" because I really cannot tell who or what it is that I'm talking to. Here's all of the info/instructions I've received so far:

"God is love."
"Fear and love are polar opposites."
"Stop smoking now"
Desire to eat meat is suddenly gone.
"You and everyone else are the same source"
(Cont)
>>
Normally a /pol/ poster here. But a scary encounter I had when I was 13. I'm 42 now. Coming back from a friends house in the winter, he lived about 1/4 mile away, rural village in England. I noticed a thing by the side of the road. If any of you can remember the cartoon 'The Schmoo' it looked like that, it was dark but the Moon was bright. It was 'dancing' I suppose, no arms, massive feet and about 2 1/2 foot tall, white. As I got closer I got off my skateboard and carried it walking rubbing my eyes to see if it was a trick of the light. As I got closer it noticed me, and in the blink of an eye it was a woman, all white but with a black handbag.I tried not to look at it and just walked past. Turned around and it was gone. Next night after telling my friends about it (they all took the piss) I was riding my bike and out of nowhere a fucking apple smacked me in the side of the head and I fell off my BMX. An apple in winter, bare trees, no one around. I got back on my bike and fucked off home as fast as I could. When I got the internet in 1995 I searched forums and shit for info on what it was. No one knew. Then about 5 years ago I asked an online Anon who knew about such things. He told me it was called the Hedley Kow (a village about 20 miles from me) it's a brag. I called my Dad up at 11.30pm just to tell him. Horrible fucking thing. 100% true too lads.
>>
You need to do boundary protection rites.
>>
>>19214975
"The earth is alive"
"The sun is alive"
"The moon is not alive"
"Give your spare clothes and shoes to people who need them"
"Reincarnation is real, but most people forget who they were."
"People who "go to heaven" do not reincarnate, they go to some sort of "club""
"If you're able to trascend your physical form, you may reincarnate at will and retain your memories"
"Try to feed yourself from as close to Gaia's source as possible: Eat a shitload of fruits, vegetables, nuts, grain, etc. Avoid anything that feels dead or energy-less."
"Eating meat will make it harder for you to progess, but it's not exactly prohibited"
"Whenever you eat, you must thank whatever living being came to form your food. If it's meat, think about the animal and acknowledge it's suffering. If it's harvested food, thank the earth, the sun, the plant, the fruit, the workers, transporters, etc. Basically, think about the nutrition from Gaia ---> you."

He jokingly calls lots of our things "monkey stuff" that we will outgrow, such as Violence, war, money, taxes and religions.

My family is still in shock from the way my life has improved so far, and since they won't understand most of this, I just say "Jesus came to me and I saw the light" or something they can understand.
>>
>>19205090
I used to have precognative thoughts like that too. always mundane shit that didn't matter. it stopped happening when I was about 11 or 12.
>>
>>19201919

I saw an ethereal form resembling a dragon in some British woodlands, and upon further research found out that old legends said those woods contained a dragon which knights had slain.

I've also had family members see and hear ghosts, and witnesses large black cats where they shouldn't be.
>>
i always had experiences, but i couldn't deny them after the results of a ritual an ex did among other things

i just hit a point where denial became crazier than acceptance pretty much
>>
File: Phidippus_audax_male.jpg (1MB, 1280x976px) Image search: [Google]
Phidippus_audax_male.jpg
1MB, 1280x976px
>around 5, saw a ghost demon idfk crawling on my floor
>early childhood, sleeping was like blinking and the sun was up. Dad has abduction stories, so does my S/O and his family, been told aliens like following bloodlines
>TERRIFIED of aliens, had a dream and went to my parent's bedroom and said "There's aliens outside can I have a glass of water."
>traumatized by the movies Signs and 4th Kind
>getting freaked out thinking of aliens just typing this please don't abduct me holy shit
>only thing that eases this terror is thinking of aliens as "spirits" and "entities"

How ya doin' /x/therapy?

But yet more shit:

>in highschool, friend approached me first by asking if I believe in ghosts
>his family is Pagan, mom's a high priestess, weird shit going on CONSTANTLY entire time I am close to this friend
>weird shit like his mom's friends suddenly dying, weird rivalries I don't know much about, bear attacked his house while he was babysitting his younger siblings, called me for that ordeal, often times our landlines would cut out when we tried to make plans or talk about serious shit
>"trained" me in tarot by patronizing me
>shitton of unexplainable paranormal activity that year

also

>not a Christian, yet once fainted and saw the Burning Bush
>suddenly involved with a bunch of fancy orders I don't want to be a part of, seeing a darker side of the occult crowd in general
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.