[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question for flat earthers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: earth-from-space.jpg (38KB, 620x374px) Image search: [Google]
earth-from-space.jpg
38KB, 620x374px
Question for flat earthers, why do you believe in a flat earth? What evidence do you use to support your beliefs?

I'd like to hear what you say! I'm here with an open mind
>>
Because scientists are wrong and I'm right. Do some research.
>>
File: flat_avacado.jpg (309KB, 799x1651px) Image search: [Google]
flat_avacado.jpg
309KB, 799x1651px
>>19199957
FE in a nutshell... or avacado.

Basically the general public can't into topology.
>>
>>19199964
Why are they wrong?
>>
>>19199957

>>19187167

check the catalog instead of asking dumb ass questions you ugly piece of shit
>>
>>19199964
Scientists with diplomas and expert knowledge and experience are wrong because a fat autist on 4chan is right on his cia psy-op conspiracy. Good work
>>
>>19199989
Man, insulting people makes you look the bad guy here and will make you lose credibility in an argument. also what catalog are you referring to?
>>
>>19200026
Just found out what the catalog is, but I don't know why that matters. I made this thread to have a discussion with people, what is wrong with that?
>>
>>19199981
They just believe everything that people told them without doing research. They're stupid.
>>
>>19200043
Because there's already a thread with 200 posts. Is that not discussion to you? You are a selfish shit.
>>
>>19199957
If the earth is round then how do you explain gravity?
>>
>>19200138
Ain't real bub
>>
>>19200138
It isnt round.
It's an oblate spheroid
Gravity? Go talk to Newton.
>>
>>19200138
I don't know why a round earth somehow disproves gravity or whatever your saying, but there are two theories about how the planets formed, them being "The core accretion model" and "The disk instability model". Those are too hard to explain in this so just look them up.
>>
>>19200156
Are you referring to Gravity, if so please offer some explanation as to why it does not.
>>
>>19200127
desu even if there are two other serious flat earth threads up besides this one he has a higher chance of getting a reply in his own small thread than one that has 200 replies and might already be dying
>>
>>19199989
Kys
>>
I just realize there is at minimum alot of evidence pointing to at a minimum NASA being really inconsistent with thier statements and alleged pictures. There is enough to at least allow you explore the concepts of Earth being closer to a half sphere, flat on top round at the bottom. That the Sun may be much closer and is not the center of our "solar system", that the Moon is much different than they show us, that Antartica is much different than the official accounts, that Planets are ethereal and actually the Biblical and Enochian wandering stars.

It is possible that some of what Nasa states is correct, but I think it is reasonable to challenge the heliocentric evolutionary account of our reality.

Nobody needs to get nasty about thier side being right but Flat Earth is really a catch all to suggest the "official" status quo is not settled in stone and Nasa needs to have a frank open dialogue to address our concerns...
>>
only concave earth is real

pictures dont lie
>>
>>19200798
Pictures dont lie but the humans faking,tweaking,and otherwise altering have a bad habit to break...
>>
File: Sunbehindclouds.jpg (38KB, 530x521px) Image search: [Google]
Sunbehindclouds.jpg
38KB, 530x521px
>>19199957

>NASA admits we've never traveled past van allen radiation belt, which contradicts moon landing
>All moon landing telemetry data destroyed by NASA
>All pics of earth are CGI
>Admiral Richard Byrd said theres more land to be discovered outside of south pole
>Byrd says antartica (south pole) is full of uranium and mountains of coal that could "generate enough energy for the entire earth for centuries"
>Byrd says theres a continent as big as america beyond the south pole from south america
>Weather balloon footage creates web stir; 120k feet, no curve

Heres some interesting links

EESA (Europeon NASA) fucked up their CGI, see 15:10

https://youtu.be/HpBEduGMapw?t=908

Webcam footage, sun distance seen 3:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnzUgKZ8m2k

Byrd on undiscovered land, see 1:15

https://youtu.be/czW0iRJuH1A?t=75

Nasa admits never surpassed Van Allen radiation belt, see 2:50

https://youtu.be/bMfUpqnLFCc?t=171

Science explains globe fallacy

https://youtu.be/vbHI8ezKgjE
>>
So, like, I'm not a flat earther, I am fairly confident that the earth is round, a sphere, even.

However, I can see where flat earthers are coming from and although I consider the idea extremely unlikely, I don't think it's impossible. We only know the earth is round because of what people have told us after people have told them after people have told them and so on all the way to supposedly someone was in space to see it or did the measurements or whatever.

It's like a long ass game of telephone, as is most scientific teachings.

That makes me feel that there is a winning the lottery twice chance that the earth is flat, but somebody has won the lottery twice before.

Also, what we believe to be scientific facts, get proven wrong on a yearly basis. We can't be certain of anything, and I feel anyone who speaks with certainty, religious, atheist, or otherwise, is silly.
>>
>>19200811

That's a really bad pic to use for an example for anything. Cameras, video or pictures, over expose light. A pencil would disappear in front of a bright light taken with a camera. It doesn't matter what anybody believes, flat or sphere earth, using this picture as evidence is full retard.
>>
>>19200786
Because NASA 'invented' spherical earth?
Long before NASA , long before 'muricans, earth was discovered to be a sphere.
Considering Flat Earth is just a sign of not getting nature at all. Only illiterate people or homeschooled ones can think it might be true, due lack of proper education.
It is not our problem finally it starts to show the bible is a hoax. Deal with it, religious imbeciles.
>>
If you earth is flat, wouldn't that mean the surrounding planets are flat, too? Or do flat-earthers not believe in other planets altogether? Enlighten me; I'm genuinely curious.
>>
File: tumblr_n06ifqj0Ex1qzmowao1_1280.jpg (93KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n06ifqj0Ex1qzmowao1_1280.jpg
93KB, 640x640px
>>19200819
>However, I can see where flat earthers are coming from and although I consider the idea extremely unlikely, I don't think it's impossible.
>We only know the earth is round because of what people have told us after people have told them after people have told them and so on all the way to supposedly someone was in space to see it or did the measurements or whatever.

If that really is that all you have to go for, travel some more, see more of the world. Many people have experienced the earth being a sphere. Like pilots, seamen, gun users, engineers and many others. For them it's not just a story heard from others. They found out the earth is curved if you work with great distances.
Arguments given for flat earth are only even legit arguments to those again without good background information or experiences ( also known as proper education ). Those arguments show how low the intelligence is of those who even use them as legit arguments to debate the shape of our planet.
I bet none of you self-respecting posters who are pro-FE dare to even debate it among your friends and families in the actual real life world. If you do, by all means, do it.
>>
File: Butthead.jpg (17KB, 148x328px) Image search: [Google]
Butthead.jpg
17KB, 148x328px
>>19200976
Heheheh, you said seamen.

Also, I've been from America to France. I felt more like I was in another world, on another planet, than I did on the other side of the same world, but that's just me.

Or maybe I'm the only one right and every nation is it's own dimension.

It'd explain why Japan is kawaii as fuk and Europe is so cuck-like and the middle east so inhuman.
>>
>>19200043
Globers are just incredible rude because they are getting very nervous about the shape of the earth and the consequences it have with religion
>>
Because it pisses (You) off to no extent
>>
In flat earth cosmology, does the flat earth spin around?
How does it account for the wheeling of the stars in the sky?
How does it account for retrograde motion of planets?
>>
>>19200986
I am from Europe. I also have serious doubts about the average intelligence of the 'muricans. You seem to care to much about patriotism, money and being popular and to little about actual life and what nature is really about. But to most Europeans Amurica is overrated. Anyway, good luck. When Flater earth gets debunked for good, many of you will feel terrible shame and will have trouble to fix that burden. They by then allready proved to be dumb as fuck. And that bible more dangerous and useless then holy and sacred
>>
>>19201006
What consequence would it have religion? I don't know of any text that mentions the shape of the earth. Sure, they mention lands and names but whether those lands are flat or otherwise doesn't really make a difference? I fail to see your point.
>>
>>19200971

The idea is that the stars and planets are projected, or illuminate from the firmament, or dome. "Space" as you know it doesn't exist according to their theory. There may be space, but no one has ever left the firmament, not even NASA, Japan, China or Russia. These countries may seem to be apart but are eventually ruled by the same elite group.
>>
>>19201029
I'm not a flat earther, and european nations could use some patriotism, because honestly, most of you dont give a shit about your country, and it shows.

Merkel is basically hitler, except she doesn't care about germany. Sweden is a literal joke, and england's terror attacks are shrugged off as "part of big city life"
>>
>>19201036
Ming dynasty, Jewish brotherhood and older groups of people who figured out the secrets
>>
>>19201031
You realize that east west north and south will change if you rearrange the map do you?
>>
>>19201042
Exactly. Fucking lizards / aliens / demons
w/e you want to call them.
>>
>Of all the things the (((THEY))) could hide from us, they decide to tell us the earth is round for absolutely no legitimate reason and spend billions upon billions keeping up a pointless lie.
>>
I don't actually give a shit what shape the earth is. I have reason to believe the earth at least isn't the size that science claims regardless of its flatness. Observational data mostly. Seeing things more than a handful of miles away when the curve should have taken them out of view. Admiral Byrd's testimony and subsequent silencing are pretty damning, and there is no longitudinal circumnavigation. Again, conspiracies aside, trusting the only game in town that can acquire any "data" reeks of scientism, and not actual science.
>>
File: Stones of Fire.jpg (189KB, 644x717px) Image search: [Google]
Stones of Fire.jpg
189KB, 644x717px
>>19201023
no in that Cosmology it is fixed with measureless deep water under it.

The stars are fixed in the firmament and move as if an intricate watch around a set and precise course.

The Planets are the Fallen Angels (a lot to possibly confirm this) or the seven wandering stars...

>>19201041
yeah America has it's problems but thank god I'm not in soulless suicidal Europe
>>
>>19201055

Imagine putting a mouse in a cage..the first thing the mouse does is checking the corners, getting a grip of its enclosure. What would the first thing humans do if they found out the Earth is encapsulated. They want to know why, who's made it? What's behind it? These are questions NASA are not prepared to answer (or may have no idea about). It's also strong evidence of a Creator (God or an advanced alien race). This is not what the elite want, since they want to replace all religions with Scientism (aka Bullshitism)
>>
>>19201041
I don't care about politics, it really does not effect my personal life. My family will be my family and my friends will be my friends, who ever is in charge. And people don't even rule life, the weather does.
Weather rules over the production of food. Food rules over money. Only then wealth comes into play. And wealth needs labor to generate luxury. There will always be jobs as long as you learn skills. Politics is about you thinking you need leadership. So they create chaos. Read some ancient philosophy. It has always be that way. And will never change. But you can read that in every library. And that has been so way before the internet. That's what I mean. You don't know actual history. You just do what you are told. Again, good luck. And ask any Dutchman, we like and love Holland. It's not as bad as you think. We just enjoy it. Besides the weather, it's the most fun in the world.
>>
>>19201072
Please take your medication anon.

This applies to all of you idiots who legitimately believe in a flat earth.

I feel like half this shit you just believe because you want to. Waste of space, all of 'ya lol.
>>
Flat Earth is a cia psyop

>they never looked at vault7
>>
>>19201081

You're the idiot for believing everything 'scientists' tell you. There are not only political, pharrmaceutical and climate establishments, there's also a scientific establishment, all there to brainwash you. I suggest investing 2 hours of your life into legitimate flat earth videos and have your fucking brain blown out of your dumb fucking head. No offense I just like swearing,
>>
>>19201044
But the flat earth theory isn't necessarily rearranging the map. If the flat earth is like a blanket, wrapping it around a circular object would, of course, have some overlays. But since our land masses are surrounded by water anyway, the overlaps won't even matter. Unless the flat-earth theory doesn't put the land masses dead center in the hypothetical "map" and the land masses are skewed either to the left or right.

I'm willing to entertain the idea of a flat earth it's just I have some questions that kind of make the flat earth an implausible thing.
>>
>>19201096
Only absolute christfag cucks use the word scientism
Go fuck off to glp or whatever shithole you spawned from
>>
>>19201105
I'm not very religious at all.
How do YOU know the Earth is round? Because NASA told you so? Do some research into NASA's lies (ie the moonlanding) and see that's it's not beyond comprehension.
>>
>>19201111
Environmental science, geology, astronomy

The flat earth is a cia psyop because cianiggers are assmad that NASA is getting a better budget and theirs is getting cut

Fuck off cianiggers
>>
>>19201097
Take flat earth map. South America is in the west of de US.
China is to the north of Israel.
Vietnam is the east of China.

Everything changes and makes no sense at all to historical navigation
>>
>>19201111
Being at sea for 8 years is one of the reasons.
>>
>>19201135
Are you merchant marine anon by chance
>>
>>19201135
Ah and you have seen curvature? I highly doubt it since you can't seem to see any from weather balloons 120.000ft high
>>
>>19201162
Why?
>>19201214
You can surely see objects dropping and raising at the horizon.

Also the way radar works and SatCom.
And navigation. Flat earth is so wrong on so many levels, it really only points out the retards. The funny thing is, flattards do seem to remember most of the stories they read and see on the internet.
If they only did some more actual verified scientific study with the same enthusiasm they approx flat earth, they even might become very smart afterall.
There are a lot of actual free academic courses to be found on youtube.
Google ' lecture university ' and a topic.
>>
>>19199957

the fact that any thread questioning the ball attracts so many shills spewing ad-homs without even trying to provide evidence for the ball
>>
>>19201365
The internet is full of proof. When you start to call them all fake, just don't go crying for more proof.
>>
>>19201365
Nope but the fact this is another counter intelligence psyop on the tinfoil community is very obvious
>>
>>19200786
>alot of evidence pointing to at a minimum NASA being really inconsistent with thier statements and alleged pictures.

No there isn't. They've always released regular photos, artist's renditions whether traditional media or cgi, and false color/photo composite type photos, and they've always consistently been clear to the public which is which.
>>
>>19199957

Why do you fucking chimps keep starting these threads? It's bad enough when the retards start their own. There's like five fucking flat earth threads right now.

You should be lobotomized with the rest of the retards, frankly.
>>
>>19200811
>ESA fucked up cgi at 15:10

That's a low light level night cam. City lights and lightning flashes.

>sun distance at 3:30

That's a reflection of the sun off water. It shows the angle, not the distance.

>Byrd on undiscovered land on 1:15

Referring to the portions of Antarctica unexplored. Very clear from the context of the interview.

>NASA admits never surpassed Van Allen Belts at 2:50

No, he's saying they have to improve craft if they're going to work in the thickest parts of the Van Allen Belts. Apollo went around those parts.

>science explains globe fallacy

You mean a retard doesn't know how the atmosphere works. Or airplanes for that matter. This guy goes through 25 minutes of irrelevant algebra, just to drop a red herring at the end and claim "It's not air" completely unjustified.
>>
>>19200798
what is camera lens distortion?
look it up
>>
>>19201075

Whoa. That level of common sense and logic is welcome around here. You're going to get called a bad name of you keep it up.
>>
>>19201715

*isn't welcome. A perfectly good bit of sarcasm ruined.
>>
File: frances-bean-cobain-photo-u1.jpg (46KB, 650x785px) Image search: [Google]
frances-bean-cobain-photo-u1.jpg
46KB, 650x785px
always this in-fighting.

scratch my head at these mental loops
>>
I feel like there are just way too many academic papers on space, satellites and the like for it to be a massive conspiracy. Flat earthers like to harp on NASA being untrustworthy, and I don't contest that, but there are thousands of more scientists involved in the design and creation of satellites than just the people at NASA and other countries' equivalent space agencies. All it would take would be one disgruntled grad student or pissed off researcher to reveal the fraud.
>>
File: 1498021420552.jpg (80KB, 477x780px) Image search: [Google]
1498021420552.jpg
80KB, 477x780px
Honestly, It doesn't really matter.

Think about it, If Nasa faked evidence even if someone said something they are in the great alienfalseflagshooting119 headspace of entertainment anyway.

Flat round sphere. if even true nobody is going to do anything.

If If If. this is not paranormal. Your opinions are your own. Put away your "dicks" and stop trying to convert people. X needs more people actually doing something with their day.
>>
>>19201859
kys
>>
File: mushroom.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
mushroom.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>19201715
You give me a free new name ?
Where do I sign up?
>>
File: 1498157776278.jpg (186KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498157776278.jpg
186KB, 640x640px
>>19199957
How does a compASS work on a flat earth?
>>
>>19199957
The problem with flat earthers is when testing a new hypothesis model or theory you have to do everything in your power in order to "break" it ,challenge it.
If you can't then the model "works" so to speak.
But flat earthers do exactly the opposite and discard anything that may challenge their model.
That's why their claims hold absolutely no ground or traction.
Its an interesting idea and I like to entertain an idea as much as the next guy. But it just doesn't work
>>
>>19199957
What evidence do you have that the earth is a sphere?
>>
>>19201410
>claims internet is full of proof
>cant provide any links

typical ballie
>>
>>19201789
>I don't contest that NASA is untrustworthy

Why? When has NASA ever lied before?

hard mode: no ludicrous claims from conspiracy theorists.
>>
>>19202330
>>19202337

Since even non-composite photos of the Earth never count, the basic "evidence" is that things appear to go over the horizon. This happens even WITH high-powered zoom, see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T874RMncnAQ
Zoom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOZd6t9uzhY
Zoomed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ifijsiwY5I
Zoomed with Nikon P900 which flat earthers shill a lot

Then there are some other things that are not explained on a flat earth, like how the whole world sees the sun rise from exactly east on the equinoxes if the circular path of the sun takes it north of some latitudes and south of others, and how we have a celestial pole in the southern hemisphere that rotates in the opposite direction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrihjP5tTTM
Here's also an experiment where someone predicts hidden height with a formula based on curvature and gets accurate values from 3 different locations
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.