[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he a liar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

In all abduction cases it can only be one of three things.
1. The person is lying
2.the person is delusional or
3.the events the person described actually happened.
In the following instance Barney Hill, a man who sat on a local board of the US Civil Rights Commision claimed under hypnosis that he was lured and then forced onto a ship on a drive home with his wife.
Because of his active political and social activity prior to the event ( active member of NAACP,local church,civil rights work) we can presume that the second option isn't applicable in this instance.
Therefore do you think this man is lying ? People say that he became delusional after hearing his wife describe the experience but how does such a reasonable man become so involved in such a crazy idea with no motive ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TNGOaSGVwDg
What's your take /x/?
>>
>>19199274
It's hard to say. I'm a little biased because I don't believe UFOs are aliens at all, but secret human technology.
>>
>>19199283
Also plausible in this instance.

It's just he sounds really terrified. And like I said he dosnt strike me as the crazy or gullible type.
>>
>>19199274
>Therefore do you think this man is lying ?
well being raped at gun point by racist american government agents and told that if they think they can have equal rights then the government will leaks the ghey sex photos might make some one repress the memory and then its distorted.

hypno therapy was proven to have flaws and isnt admissible in court because of it. people will say what they are led to say. if the person conducting it says "do you see a light" they will claim to have seen a light most of the time
>>
>>19199274
it's true I had a similar experience
>>
>>19199320
Traumatic distortion is also a very reasonable possiblity butting still leaves a lot of questions.
why this man ?
Don't you think it seems a little weak that dispite the blatant racism of the time that they would traumatise these to people and then just let them go ?
If they were not intercepted in the drive home how do you account for their lost time?

I believe he believes what he is saying as well. He sounds horrified, so rather he is a fantastic actor or..
>>
Betty and Barney Hill was debunked YEARS AGO.
They told a plot to some drive-in B movie to dome cops for fun.
How they've been turned into impeccable sources on Ayyys is nothing short of a mockery on any and all "real" encounters.

Screw those frauds. They discredit the entire abductee family.
>>
But it *

These two *
>>
>>19199274
>Was he a liar

Not in my opinion.

Given the circumstances surrounding that couple, I just don't think it's reasonable to conclude that they were lying, or the victim of some kind of mutual nightmare. The dude had physical evidence of the event around his crotch, and his wife made note of a pregnancy test the aliens used that would not be common practice in human medicine until some years after the event.

Of course, if the people that don't believe aliens could reach us would believe anything BUT aliens.
>>
>>19199341
>citation needed
>>
I dunno. I wouldn't figure they would go public since for one they were a inter racial couple, especially at that time.

Not to mention as op stated that he was an active member of the community.

He seems like he had too much on the line for a stupid joke.
>>
>>19199364
Exactly. I'm not saying it was aliens. I'm saying I'm sure they were intercepted and I'm saying I'm sure that he really believes what he's saying.it just dosnt make sense.
>>
>>19199361
In his 1990 article "Entirely Unpredisposed", Martin Kottmeyer suggested that Barney's memories revealed under hypnosis might have been influenced by an episode of the science fiction television show The Outer Limits entitled "The Bellero Shield", which was broadcast about two weeks before Barney's first hypnotic session. The episode featured an extraterrestrial with large eyes who says, "In all the universes, in all the unities beyond the universes, all who have eyes have eyes that speak." The report from the regression featured a scenario that was in some respects similar to the television show. In part, Kottmeyer wrote:[35]

From their wiki page
>>
>>19199477
How do you account their lost time and the physical evidence ( car marks, bodily marks,clothing rips ect )? Also is it plauseable that such a rational man could prescribe so strongly to an idea with no motive ?
>>
>>19199477
Makes sense, but doesn't really debunk it as there is no evidence of this hypnosis ever taking place. Surely there must be some documents?
>>
>>19199477
Right....so we'll just toss out the fact that the couple waited to seek out that counseling and hypnosis until 3 years after the incident in 64'.

Here's the timeline:

19 Sep 61' - Abduction takes place
21 Sep 61' - Betty hill calls Pease AFB to make a report
26 Sep 61' - USAF Maj Paul W. Henderson files a report based on a telphonic interview he conducted with the hills conducted on 22 Sep 61'
4 Jan 64' - Both Hills conduct hypnosis and counseling with Dr. Benjamin Simon from Boston
10 February 1964 - Outer Limits episode "The Bellero Shield first aired

Their timeline doesn't coincide with any of the "skeptics" and "debunkers" bullshit.
>>
>>19199532
>there is no evidence of this hypnosis ever taking place.

Except for the taped episodes made by Dr. Simon that are available on youtube.
>>
>>19199550
Really?
>>
>>19199553
Rly
>>
>>19199274
See
>>19200195
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.