[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hallucinations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1494358356016.jpg (157KB, 900x779px) Image search: [Google]
1494358356016.jpg
157KB, 900x779px
Hello /x/. I've been having some pretty crazy things happen to me the past couple of weeks as I've been going to sleep and it'd be nice to understand exactly what the fuck is going on. A typical event goes as such:

>Get ready for bed, meditate for awhile before sleep.
>Get under the covers and lie on my back waiting to drift off.
>Sometimes just daydream about stuff, other times do another meditation.
>At some point I presume I fall asleep.
>About an hour later I will suddenly wake up again.
>Feel like there's either something on the ceiling or by my bed.
>It's variously a dark shadowy figure or some kind of evil presence.
>Sometimes I see a face like a hag or the crypt keeper (It's not but I don't know how else to describe it lel.)
>Have an intense instinctual response as if something is attacking me.
>Will sit bolt upright and/or jump out of bed fists and feet flying at whatever it is.
>Sometimes I even start speaking in tongues or chanting some fucking gibberish at the figures.
>The figures then disappear and I start to come to my senses.

I have so far assumed that they are simply hypnagogic hallucinations or some shit but they are starting to happened every few nights and now I'm not so sure.

Anyone shed some light?
>>
Best to document your experience on the daily, see if there are any increases or decreased, fluctuations of experience. I would have said sleep paralysis but you were able to quickly move so i would remove that as an option of interest.
>>
>>19198109
Ya. I've been there. Post again when your hands start smoking black smoke.
>>
>>19198109
Dreams are normal.
>>
>>19198121
That's a good point. I'll have to start keeping a journal to keep track.

>>19198131
Say what now? Care to elaborate further?

>>19198144
Except I'm awake when I experience them.
>>
>>19198201
No, I don't care to elaborate further. Just follow instructions.
>>
Was experiencing this where I use to live. My dog saw something small barking at nothing, I saw an alien grey manifest itself above a table, my gf saw a hag manifest itself above the table. Finally I was dreaming of hell and would wake up every couple hours with my left palm burning. Since the people I stayed with wouldn't let me sleep during the day and gave no fuck about my torture I just left, fucking left everything inside that house. Homeless because of it
>>
>>19198109
Well, that is really strange. I have been having this too. But it's two shadow figures. One which looks like an British inspector (weird) and another hag thing. Massive thing. I think something bad is going to happen. I can feel it. Tsunami?
>>
>>19198569
Me too every time I mediate now there are no universal secrets... always impending doom. Fires, volcanoes, decimated landscapes, dreaming of explosions
>>
>>19198534
Replace the alien with a British inspector. And hell with a tsunami, that is exactly what I have. Weird how possibly three or four of us has had something to do with: our hands, our fear and two paranormal beings. Any other links?
>>
>>19198580
When did you start seeing these things? I started a month ago.
>>
>>19198109

Sleep paralysis

Psychotic break

Sleep disorder, maybe something going on with going into rem. The transition of deep sleep that fucks with your mind...

Idk

Just hope that it's only sleep related or else you might start to become psychotic.
>>
>>19198600
Let's see it was Saturday the 17th that the hag was seen and very vivid hellish dreams. Maybe a week before that I saw the alien manifest and a few days before thatmydog was going insane barking at nothing. When I was alone I could usually cleanse the place enough to get some rest but when people were there I was working during the day too so I my sleep got all fucked up. I just left and started couch hopping and it stopped but I'm trying to get an apt
>>
>>19198595
Right, see I was on board with the this is all literally in our minds, but this shit was so external, so impossiblyhard to make go away that I think otherwise now. I was also shownmany things I consider universal secrets, literally shown. So external forces are somehow at work here
>>
>>19198201
Sounds like the interval between being awake and being dreaming, somewhere between alpha waves and the REM cycle.

But just to be sure try this>>19198131
>>
Did you ever consider an incubus or a succubus? They enter through your dreams and are sexual beings. Are any of your dreams sexually arousing, but scary at the same time? Have you ever woken at the point of climax? I have terrifying dreams, I see shadows around my bed, hear growling and deep breathing or sniffing, I get touched when I'm in bed, I have objects disappear, reappear and glass objects explode in my home. I've had this attached to me since I was a teenager. Over 20 years. They are possessive and nasty demons. And I have no idea how to get rid of it.
>>
>>19198744
Da fug. Woke up 30 mins ago, experiencing this. I guess it possibly is. Thanks anon. Now I know what they are.
>>
File: mothman.png (558KB, 1024x652px) Image search: [Google]
mothman.png
558KB, 1024x652px
>>19198600
Mine started occuring ~2-3 months ago. At first it was simply waking up with a start and seeing figures / faces in the darkness of the room. Nothing too spectacular and I put them down to simply being hypnagogic hallcuinations as a couple of people have mentioned here. Then about 3 weeks in I saw a figure in my room.

>Usual bedtime ritual, drift off to sleep.
>Wake up as I am already jumping out of bed.
>There is a dark shadowy figure in the room that looks like pic related but without the wings.
>Before I even knew what was going on I shove my left hand towards it.
>Start shouting in gibberish at it, I have no idea what I said but it made it disappear.
>Left standing in the middle of my bedroom wondering what the fuck just happened.
>Realise this isn't normal hypnagogic jerks going on.
>Decide to burn some saltsage candles just in case.
>Nothing else happens for a few weeks.

And then over the past couple of weeks the same pattern is occuring again. Culminating with another encounter 2 days ago. It follows the same pattern but is slightly different so I'll greentext that too if people want.
>>
>>19198627
Yay psychotic break. It's tempting to go see a professional but I doubt they'll be of much use and I don't want to get drugged up.

>>19198744
I considered it might be one of those. I do have sexual dreams but they're actually much more pleasant than usual. I have had dreams in the past where they're freaky as fuck but not recently. My other dreams are fairly normal (for me) but usually involve some kind of struggle against fantastical forces.

What is weird is that I am displaying the same kind of instinctual response against a threat when I wake up that I would if I were dreaming.
>>
>>19200575
>>19200575
Mine started 4 months ago. Done some weird ritual thing. It went for a couple of months. One day I looked out my window, and the inspector guy was standing there. I looked away and then there was a storm. Hopefully not created by him. But yeah, he follows me, sometimes sits next to me, not so much a threat I think. And the hag looks at me while I sleep. It looks like your one, however not bright red eyes, and without the wings.
>>
>>19200645
Went away for a couple of months, not on for a couple of months. Sorry
>>
>>19198109

I call them Wanderers. They've been a periodic presence that comes and goes randomly for as long as I can remember.

They aren't sentient beings in any sense I can reason but they do have the properties of willful entities. You can't have a conversation with them, but you can infer that they have an intention toward you. These intentions are arguably random and do not themselves seem to relate to anything happening to me as a person or that I know about the area I am in. It's generally worth noting that this intention is so unremarkable they go unnoticed. However, once in a great while, you will encounter a hostile one.

I cannot tell you why they are hostile, nor have I ever understood what it is they've wanted or taken issue with. All they ever communicate is an uneasy sense of looming threat.

These things aren't ethereal. They have tangible physical properties that can be observed. They absorb some light and create noticeably darker shadows in a room. They don't have coherent or stable forms, though sometimes I see them in the strange darkness. Others in the room with you who you point it out to will be able to see it, though how well they'll sense its intentions, if any, is a complete roll of the dice.

On the bright side, the fact that they exist in a space and respond to being observed allowed me to understand that if they can influence me, I can influence them. It's simply a matter of conjuring your own form of this within yourself and turning it against the offending Wanderer if you want them gone...

That said, some are more persistent than others, and the act of openly interfering with any Wanderer seems to increase the frequency at which they appear (although perhaps you just start noticing it more). My method of choice is to simply attempt mirror the threat posed with far more malice. Typically it works well... except for the ones that make you try to forget something. They aren't benign and you should avoid them.
>>
i thought it's almost "normal" to experience such things when sleeping or almost sleeping? like, it doesn't necessarely imply mental issues or stuff like that
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.