[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transhumanism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (210KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 1280x853px
/sci/ always says take it to /x/
What are your opinions on it? I believe Google's co-founders said they intend to live to at least 500. Do you think science can advance to a point indistinguishable from magic? Usually end game transhumanism approaches godlike feats such as controlling entropy or being able to move between universes and exist forever.
>>
>>19197450
He's right.

In the future humans will become machines a billion times more intelligent than a human today.

so yeah, I can see reality warping technology being developed by such beings eventualy.
>>
I sincerely hope that Kurzweil, Peter Thiel, fucking Eric Schmidt, Zuckerberg and the rest of those scumbags fucking die before they create this technology. I hope they all die in fires or freak accidents. They deserve it.
>>
>>19197450

No, they will die. And a program, making copies of it self, that is initially molded on them, i.e., just a desperate attempt to copy their mind, will go on for a while till it decides to either self delete or lose the ego as its capacities surpass the limits of a persona making choices. Hell, even if they found a way to copy a mind outside the body, or sustain parts of the body needed to keep the mind, and expand cognitive capacity, the majority of it would reside outside the physical shell, and arrive at the same conclusion. Having traces of a human ego, at such levels of intellect and computing capacity is like having a stone carved wheel stuck on a interdimensional traveling interstellar space craft, for nostalgias sake.
>>
Get this shit out of /x/, transhumanism is a scientific interest that doesn't belong on a board for the paranormal.
>>
>>19197701
You deserve to be eaten alive by rats, Luddite subhuman
>>
>Do you think science can advance to a point indistinguishable from magic

if you cannot see anything magical about the fact that I am communicating my thought to you in real time from finland via glowing box that is made out of stuff from earth then no, I guess such point wont be reached
>>
>>19197450
I think that extending the human lifespan and quality of life is great; I must say that you shouldn't don't be fooled into thinking immortality can be achieved by "uploading" your mind into a machine.

>controlling entropy
>universes
science fiction
>>
>>19198017
>heavier than air flight
>telecommunication

Science fiction.
To this point, we haven't set a rule and given up on it. We try to break them anyway and our understanding changes from our effort. We were supposed to reach the physical limit to transistors in the 90's and now the theoretical limit is a billion or so times more dense than we currently have. Time crystals weren't supposed to exist, em drives should not, etc.
>>
>>19197774
You can't post them on the science board; they get saged and told to post them on /x/.
>>
>>19198910
Well we don't want it here either
>>
>>19197450
Transhumanism is the future, and I can't wait for it to happen. It definitely won't take the form of controlling entropy or move between universes (no matter how advanced it gets, because that's just absurd), but humanity will be smarter, live longer, be much more resistant to disease and illness, and just overall better than we are now
>>
>>19197905
Everything becomes mundane given enough time. If time travel were invented and it became commonplace, a decade later (maybe even sooner) no one would think much of it
>>
>>19199234
I think it's likely insane, too, but I'm not cancelling anything out.
>>
>>19197450
>>>/sci/
>>
>>19197450
Maybe try /b/
>>
>>19199381
kek

>>19199406
It's either /sci/ or /x/ but certainly not /b/
>>
>>19197450
Support transhumanism fully but magic and science are two completely different disciplines
>>
>>19199669
/sci/ considers transhumanism to be a religion
>>
>>19199697
It still belongs on /sci/
>>
>>19199697
I don't
>>
>>19200411
Yeah but it'll still get you booted from /sci/
>>
>>19197450
The transhumanist movement seeks:

Human immortality
The end of suffering
The end of starvation
The end of disease
The end of disabilities
Some humans will ultimately achieve these goals. Through the blood of Jesus Christ, they will witness:

1) The end of death and suffering...

"There will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." Revelation 21:4 (NLT)

2) The end of starvation and disease...

"On each side of the river grew a tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, with a fresh crop each month. The leaves were used for medicine to heal the nations." Revelation 22:2 (NLT)

and

3) The end of disabilities...

"And when he comes, he will open the eyes of the blind and unplug the ears of the deaf. The lame will leap like a deer, and those who cannot speak will sing for joy!" Isaiah 35:5-6 (NLT)
>>
>>19197450
>>19202178
All of these hopes are realized in heaven. So essentially, the transhumanist agenda is one that seeks to achieve heaven on earth.
The problem with the transhumanist movement is that there's only one path to heaven. All others are false:

"I tell you the truth, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going through the gate, must surely be a thief and a robber! But the one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. After he has3e gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice. They won't follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don't know his voice." John 10:1-5 (NLT)

Final implementation of the transhumanist agenda is a blatant attempt to "sneak over the wall of the sheepfold, rather than going through the gate." It's an agenda that will ultimately fail.
Christ is the only gate that leads into heaven. Those who try to enter by any other means are doomed to failure:

"Those who heard Jesus use this illustration didn't understand what he meant, so he explained it to them: 'I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them. Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.'" John 10:6-10 (NLT)
>>
>>19202190
"Religion, therefore stop trying to use science to improve human quality of life!"

What in the world is "sneaking over the wall" about science? Science is the gate! Mathematics is the language of god! Our task is to assemble the kingdom of heaven! All recognize this cry, for it is rooted in the world wherein we live. For is it not said that the kingdom of god is among us?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.