[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please redpill me on the Psychology Industry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 511.jpg (56KB, 406x700px) Image search: [Google]
511.jpg
56KB, 406x700px
Please redpill me on the Psychology Industry
>>
So to become a psychologist in private practice you have to have a doctorate in most states. It's many years of schooling. A bachelor's or masters in it is fine, and can be applied to many jobs, but the real money careers don't come until doctorate.
>>
>>19195958
I meant the industry in itself, not how to become a psychologist.
>>
>>19195950

Psychology... Just sociology, on the individual level but even more so over run with quacks projecting their bias and insecurities on others. You basically either luck out, and get a bro you related to enough to talk shit out with, and make a break through of self realizing your behaviors, or you get someone you waste time seeing who has no real connection with you to build on and reach any kind of progress. Also really just part of the hail Mary of a combined drug treatment plan, because the drugs only work for suppressing major mental illness, while keeping quality of life, about 50% of the time and psychotherapy bumps those odds slightly higher.... just slightly.

Psychiatry, scientist doing their best, with fuck all complicated interactions between biology, chemistry, what have you. They actually follow scientific facts and method. Sadly not enough science fact to do much more than treat a handful of root causes, and mostly spend time managing symptoms. But real benefit to people with severe mental illness that need to be institutionalized at times based on my own experience.
>>
>>19196169
This is highly accurate.
>>
>>19195950
It's not science, nothing but theories built on other theories..most that go into the field are doing it because they are nutters and think it will help...they will throw pills at you with no rhyme or reason. Some illnesses are real and require meds like schizophrenia, an M.D. can do that..look at the increase in adhd, autism, and related illnesses, they loosen the diagnostics to get results.

Tl;Dr if you are crazy get help, if you want to go crazy see a shrink they will hook you up
>>
>>19196169
>Psychiatry, scientist doing their best

Medicine has, ultimately, the same scientific level as cooking.
>>
>>19196896
Are you high or dumb?
>>
>>19196896
Muh triple blind peer reviewed lasagna made at my multi million dollar research kitchen
>>
Jews lies
>>
>>19196169
>based on my own experience
>"Lemme demonstrate how shitty psychology is by using an highly empiric logic known as "muh experience""

I knew you were a pseud just by reading the first word of your post, you didn't have to emphasise pal.
>>
Psychologists are a mix of well-meaning sophomores and hypercompetent narcissists. Neither one is as helpful as they think they are; the first lacks knowledge, the second lacks skill. There are unicorns in the field who are some of the treasures of humanity, but they ain't got horns growing out of their heads to make 'em easy to spot.
>>
>>19198228
The second lacks skill... not what I meant to say, I meant to say the second lacks goodwill. A rhyming shift, that was a new kind of error.
>>
>>19196896
ok look. I'm really great at finding good combinations of ingredients but I'm awful when it comes to timing everything that needs to be cooked. Chicken is ready to be taken out of the oven right at the same time the noodles are boiling over and I need to put the veggies in the pan before the butter burns and sets off the fire alarm.

What does that say about medicine and psychology?
>>
>>19198220
This.
>>
>>19198220

Uh oh, someone didn't like someone sharing firsthand experiences with the sham industry their major is based around.
>>
>>19197465
I'd say general lies for profit, not jewish
>>
>>19198228
>>19198234
Goodwill is a skill in the field of psychology, something you shouldn't be looking for in a psychologist for starters
>>
File: 1482595498872.jpg (7KB, 244x248px) Image search: [Google]
1482595498872.jpg
7KB, 244x248px
>>19195950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwAaHbmF5S4
Truer words have never been spoken.
>>
Liars and welfare queens who rely on government funds and the fraud of the AMA to keep their atheistic religion alive and in control. Completely worthless, like Scientology.
>>
>>19198241

So start the pasta earlier

>>19195950
Mbti, jung , freud and orher philosophers/not psychyatrusts per say, are what you need to know

The rest isa combination of the pharmacudical industry and western cultures hypocritical and bullshit understanding and abuse of religion being used in tandem with peoplewho dont want you to ever feel sad or angry ( and more importantly, figure out how to control yourself and channel all of it into words) because then you may come to unserstand the parts of the system (((they))) want you to ignore, to " go to sleep, im so sleepy, its nothing, we should all take a nap"

and those are the things that truly create people who need psychological help from PTSD

Its a clinical gaze that now is applied to boys acting like boys in elementary school and get them labeled with autism if they are not emas ulated or showing signs of being anf SJW or lgbtq shit
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.