[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you afraid of?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 28

File: watcher.gif (1MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
watcher.gif
1MB, 500x333px
Hi, /x/!
Tell me your fears. What are you afraid of?

It can be simple, complex, irrational, anything!

I'm working on a horror/comedy cartoon pitch and figured it would be interesting to look at some people's weird fears for research.

It'll really help me out, thanks!

So /x/, what are you afraid of?
>>
File: cotm.png (250KB, 540x440px) Image search: [Google]
cotm.png
250KB, 540x440px
>>19195035
Forgot to mention:

I'll start with one of my weird fears: being boiled alive in a bathtub. Something about feeling and watching your skin bubble off, revealing all your gross bits underneath is just the worst. And I hate the heat, too. Just a bad time overall 0/10.
>>
do your own homework
sage
>>
people and what they are truly capable of
>>
File: IMG_5205.jpg (46KB, 471x542px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5205.jpg
46KB, 471x542px
>>19195035
The dark
>>
>>19195060
not homework, just figured polling real people out there, specifically in a place like /x/, would be more of use than google telling me "idk, spiders, lol".
>>
my greatest fear is becoming depressed again. It terrifies me thinking that I could relapse so easily and fall back into that awful pit of despair and anxiety. my sister and I always joke that we never relax or lay around on the couch because we're always outrunning the bad thoughts and stopping means they catch up. It's funny tho cause deep down we aren't joking
>>
>>19195035
Hey i'm a fellow lover of production and i'd love to hear more about this project in the timeline. Please post updates or something
(I also did some really small time voice work in the past if you need it)
But plug aside, I'd say skin disease and the open ocean. The thought of germs or fungi or anything like that on my bare skin is enough to make my skin crawl. Just being around known places that house germs can put me on edge. I've even been freaked out enough to wash my hands for over 15 minutes with water at an almost unbearable temperature. Another one is the open ocean but that's a little more cliche. Good luck!
>>
>>19195047
You mean kinda like that movie effect in some older films where they melt wax off a fake limb or face to show it getting vaporized?
>>
I'm afraid that the 3in" 3 ring binder clasp will close on my eyeball.
>>
Masks always creeped me out. Anything that coneceals a person's identity or emotions really fucks with me.
>>
>>19195035
You are very vulnerable when you can protect yourself, when you sleep at night in the darkness.

Been hearing knocks and whispers.
>>
>>19195146
This reminds me, i've always had this weird thing with vision, my eyes, and my teeth. I dream a lot that i'll lose an eyeball or my teeth will fall out. I think it's just a fear of irreparable bodily damage.
>>
>>19195179
teeth falling out is very common dream, google for meaning
>>
>>19195113
Hey man thanks for the interest, and thank you for sharing some of your fears. At the point in the process we're at with our pitch, it feels a little inappropriate for me to share too much about the actual process, especially at a place like 4chan, haha. I'm sure my team members would find it a little funny.

But for now all i'll tell you that it's a horror/comedy set in 60's arizona!

As a super-long time /x/-phile, if things DO go well like they have been, I'll be back to talk about it.

>>19195120
Yeah. Also inspired by police reports of finding people dead in the bathtub with all their skin floated off. Nasty stuff!
>>
OP those are some cool pics, source?
>>
Failure. Burning alive. Heroin and alcohol (in recovery). Forgetting to take my meds and psychotic episodes (schizoaffective).

Despite all of that I'm pretty well adjusted. As far as the paranormal goes, aliens truly freak me the fuck out.
>>
>>19195215
Read my name, I know it is. I used to spend a bunch of time in dream threads here and reading articles on dreaming. I just feel like mine is stemmed from a real fear.
>>19195251
Right-on right-on, I've got aspirations to go into that field so it'd be super interesting to hear about. Deserts can be pretty spooky surreal places so I dig the locale, I know a friend who grew up in a miliitary family with tons of spoops to speak of from when hed live in deserts, nevada in specific but whatever.

Dannnng that is gross where do you even see something like that? Besides on this website and many others on the internet.
>>
>>19195304
Check out @bobodesigns on instagram, He posted some OC here a while back, he's got some surrealist eyeball art im sure.
>>
>>19195275
The first GIF is from Wexler Films's "Science of Light", an educational animation/video from the 1960s.
The second one >>19195047 is from "Cow on the Moon", a Zagreb film from 1959.
You can watch this one on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_jQZ2UEOXY
>>
>>19195315
Wait my bad dude, wrong tab. I meant that for this image collecting fag
>>19195275
>>
>>19195035
I'm scared of people looking at me. It terrifies me when I can feel another person, or even animal, looking at me.
>>
I'm afraid of space.

Not only the thought of being trapped in it, but even the planets and celestial bodies themselves.

I cannot look at a picture of the Earth, moon, sun, any other planet, nebulae, etc. without feeling uneasy and creeped out.

Saturn, with it's rings, is easily the creepiest
>>
>>19195035
on a more grounded level, im a claustrophobe who gets freaked out by little.. wriggly things.. like tendrils of a similar size and shape to, say, weed whacker string

on an existential level, im terrified by the thought of nothingness and unfeeling. limbo scares the shit out of me, id take unending pain over nothingness
>>
Windows, heights, and most of all ghosts
Never seen one in real life other than what I think are called "shadow people" and still there's one that is recurring in my dreams
>>
>>19195334
Jupiter scares me. I saw this SCP youtube video about some machine heading for earth accidently collides with jupiter and gets stuck in the eye in jupiter. But it keeps getting bashed about and is repairing itself faster than its taking damage, evolving. The thought of the video really creeped me out and now everytime I think of jupiter I get scared.
>>
Am I the only one who finds it really satisfying when someone just gives you fucking sources straight up? All the information! I mean thats why I like collecting files so much: information. Thanks OP!
>>
>>19195308
If this thread is up long enough I'll be able to say a thing or two, we've got an important meeting regarding this pitch later this week.
I spent a week in Arizona every year until i was about 16, and without a doubt, I can say that it is the weirdest state in America. So many legends brewing, weird spots, wild locales, and just weird people in general.

As for the bathtub stuff, I originally found that type of situation under a "top 20 most horrifying 911 calls" article or something. And LOTS of old people die in bathtubs, for some reason. Police reports tend to be slightly too descriptive, creating some gross imagery.
>>
Really pointy teeth. Unholy needle like tooth.
>>
>>19195344
Jupiter is pretty fucking scary as well.

I don't even know what it is that creeps me out but it's pretty intense.
>>
I fear flat earth threads will take over /x/ and old /x/ will be exiled.
>>
I'll share another fear.
Hiking or walking in the woods at night is fantastic until you shine your light into the darkness and something absolutely awful looks back at you.
>>
>>19195035
desu, im afraid of going to jail, and losing my parents.
>>
>>19195353
probs cus of how big it is and active the storm is. I'm sure there's something inherently unsettling about it in general, probs why Kubrick choce it in 2001 A Space Odyssey
>>19195351
Right on man can't wait to hear more. And ooh yeah they do, that's pretty cool though. I think it's really interesting when a fear has a real finite instance you can take from. My deep see fear stemmed from this cheesey show in Animal Planet called Lost Tapes which i'd watch as a preteen. I was fine with open water until I saw "real" clips of the oklahoma octopus and other lake and ocean monsters.

Anotherthing thats not really a fear of mine as a skeptic but was always a creepy thought was like. Being blindsided by whatever supernatural phenomena happens. Like in movies in books theres foreshadowing, signs, maybe smaller instances before the main event. Even in some of Lovecrafts tamer stories thered be a sketch factor before the spook factor. But like, what if you're just lounging around snd outta nowhere some being comes out of some random room and bam now you're being attacked and bang, you're dead before you can even comprehend what's going on. Like a snake striking a mouse.
>>
I'm afraid of:
1. Horses eating me
2. People breathing on me
3. Being burned alive
>>
>>19195035
Another anon mentioned it, but the ocean. Water in general, actually, even a pool or bathtub. I don't have a problem showering (I'm also a bit of a germ-a-phobe), but like, sitting? water, or pools of water? Light, running water is fine, just not when it's a large amount in an enclosed space, not going anywhere.

On that topic, open spaces in general, with no foreseeable landmarks of any kind, or hills, or any sort of distinct flora.
I also hate bridges with a passion, they make me extremely uncomfortable, and I'm always terrified it's going to fall out from under me or fall on top of me.

When I was little, I had a fear of porta potties, not really sure why, they just creeped me out. Maybe how dirty they always are, and spiders, and the smell.

Mild fear of saliva, but less of a fear and more of something that disgusts me. My own, my partner's, anybody's. One time, in high school, a friend of mine saved saliva in his mouth for ~5 minutes before giving me a huge lick up my forearm, and I started puking and almost fainted. Blood, or other bodily fluids, don't phase me, however. No sloppy kisses for me lol
>>
>>19195437
dude, FUCK horses. I hate horses. They're the absolute worst.
>>
I'm scared of men.

Yes, you heard me right, and I'll admit to being female on 4chan just this once to explain it.

Men are strong. Even the weakest among you are stronger than women who work out and weightlift. I'm terrified of angry men because you could hurt me so badly and because I've been physically picked up and thrown around by guys before. My brother was 11 the first time he beat me in a play fight, and it was terrifying.

What's more, compared to women guys are absolutely not in control of their emotions. Sure you say you are, and act all stoic, but here's the truth, guys: You, all of you, are capable of killing me with your bare hands if I piss you off.
>>
>>19195035
The concept of religiions.
>>
>>19195463
Carry a gun
>>
>>19195463
Don't worry about it, that's extremely understandable and valid. Carry pepper spray with you at all times. It's a great backup to 911.
>>
>>19195451
reminds me a little of flowers and trees by strawberry switchblade.
>>19195463
>The weakest among you are stronger than women who workout and weightlift
noooooo lol, I've seen some male twigs trust me. I was one before I got /fit/ and I met some girls at the gym when i'd go who definite;y went harder than me when I was starting out. You can't just count your gender out like that, cmon now. Also there are so many cases of women going psychobitch and killing too. It's a human quality to lose control. I'm not being sexist, I love women, I'm a nurturing dude. But your statements are kinda ignant. That being said, yummy b8
>>
>>19195474
Can't concealed carry around these parts, but I do carry pepper spray. Furthermore, pepper spray is for strangers who attack you in alleyways. It won't do jack shit if someone I know or who has power over me wants something. That's why girls are so good at "tending and befriending".

When I was in school it wasn't strangers I feared, it was people like the director of my program (who, I found out after graduation, threatened one of my classmates because she turned down his sexual advances.)
>>
>>19195488
I don't know if you're serious on not. There are a shit ton of strong women out there, and even I've taken self defense classes, but I KNOW my limitations. I'm small, and no amount of working out will get me strong enough to fight off the average dude.

It's just biology. Look up the differences between male and female twitch fibers, for example. Or take a self defense class where you have to "fight" women and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>19195498
I'm not denying that we're naturally stronger on average. I'm saying that there is a lot someone can do with themselves to give a natural advantage towards any aggressor. Plus self defense isn't BS a lot of it is designed with having someone stronger and more willing to to harm as the danger in mind. Plus adrenaline can waaayyyyy amp someone in danger. I don't think it's fair to just be skeptical and distrusting of half the population. Especially when a lot of men I know, are not only incappable of doing any real harm to anyone, much less a woman. But are disgusted by anyone who would. So yeah. Whatever though i got baited again and this is pretty off topic for the thread. Men isn't a fear that can be turned into funny, and isn't spooky enough to be turned into horror.
>>
Inescapable bad smells.
Worried that the smell will invade my brain or something and never leave me.
>>
>>19195488
I googled that and got a song about hating flowers and trees lol. I want more of those, instead of infinite plains. This is my new anti-anthem
>>
>>19195522
It's not bait. I was just being honest because I thought the thread was quiet enough no one would notice. But you did. So, thanks. Thanks for hearing me out at least.
>>
My biggest fear is the dark.
Being in the dark is honestly 100% terrifying to me and I cannot sleep in it or be in it at any time and sometimes I'm so irrational I cannot have my eyes closed for long periods of time
Another big fear of mine is the ocean. If I can't touch or can't see I don't want anything to do with it.
>>
>>19195528
It's about the artists agoraphobia, I thought cus you said open spaces, o well hope you liked it
>>19195536
Alright well I hope you give a little thought to what I said I know its not as safe for you as it is for me.
>>
I fear going insane and not having a grip on what is real and what is not. Getting stuck in an uncanny reality.
Uncanny and weird shit in general I absolutely hate
>>
>>19195035
THE BOOGEY MAN COMIN
THE BOOGEY MAN COMING.
>>
asphyxiation and broken bones
>>
>>19195035
letting go of myself
>>
A stroke. If I ever become a paralyzed vegetable please end my suffering ASAP. It scares me to death to be conscious trapped in my own body unable to do anything.

Also drowning.
>>
I'm afraid of waking up old. I'm afraid that I'll continue to waste my life well into and past my golden years and one day wake up hating the world I've made.

I wanr ro make something good before I die. Something that'll inspire people to be kind and try to make the world a better place. But I hardly ever get around to trying long enough to make anything good.

I guess I fear my ideas of failure, really.
>>
>>19195035
I'm afraid of spiders
and I'm uncousciously afraid of being a puppet created by the church, by my mother's medium
to modify the world that already goes well

the second return of the christ
being the almighty ruler of nearly two billions people

I'd hate it.. I hate the church
>>
To be mauled by a vicious dog (already happened when I was 7yo). Imho pitbulls are sent from hell, they are pure evil.
>>
>>19195035
Something grabbing/biting dangling feet while swimming.
>>
when i'm at my work we have this rack of candy that we're supposed to keep filled to the brim. every time i go to fill it up w candy i get this horrible fear that i'm going to fall onto these black kinda prongs that poke out from the shelf and it's going to go right through my eye. happens every time i go to stock the damn thing and freaks me out
>>
>>19195700
Open water too. I had multiple nightmares as a kid about being stuck at sea/on secluded islands and drowning. Sharks are simultaneously terrifying and beautiful creatures.

I also fear the judg4ment of others. I expect people to expect the worst of me. I project onto other people my own fears of failure ad take that mirror image as their actual feelings before getting to know their feelings. Making a conscious effort to get over this, but I don't know. I fear it's not something I can handle on my own.

I also fear my kittens growing up and running away or being kit-napped by somebody. I lost my parents when I was young and have feared being deserted ever since.
>>
>>19195035
I'm afraid that I might wake up in a dark vat and my whole life was just a dream.
>>
>>19195035
I'm afraid of mega fauna, cosmic insignificance and dying having accomplished nothing I needed to.
>>
>>19195832
That would be bad ass.
>>
>>19195111
Hey bud. Stay positive. Know that there are countless others who've felt what you felt and wouldn't wish it on anyone else. Know that you were strong enough to beat it the last time.
>>
>>19195035
Being alone
>>
>>19195330
Shit makes me irrationally mad
>>
Getting tortured.
>>
>>19195035
Fucking roaches man, I have an unbelievable hatred/fear of roaches. I had to lay still under a fallen tree for hours once and had them crawling on me, it took everything I had not to run screaming into the open...
>>
>>19195463
At least you are smart enough to realize it. There is nothing worse than having to deal with the manly lesbians that start fights in a bar. You can only let them hit you so many times before you just have to slap the shit out of them...i have to say the look on their faces is priceless though.

t. Ex bouncer
>>
>>19195463
yeah we can be pieces of shit sometimes
learn to kill without relying on strength. we have teeth and nails for a reason.

>>19196414
true as well.
My older sister was jumped and beaten up by a lesbian high school gang when she was 8 in a bathroom. they left her so badly bruised the doctor said she would never have children.
She has two strong boys now.

We couldn't do shit about it at the time either. They were related to a shitload of cops.
And I was like 2 years old lol
>>
The god of free will is a prisoner unaware.
>>
>>19196439
Revenge is a dish best served cold anon, I waited over 20 years for one of mine..it was delicious
>>
The weird hard stuff inside chicken nuggets.
Don't laugh at me.
>>
>>19195035
going to hell
>>
>>19195035
Midgets.
Those little fuckers freak me out, OP.
>>
The concept of eternity. Doing anything for all time is incredibly scary to me, even if it's a good thing like being in heaven or neutral like just emptiness.
>>
File: 1495687972055.jpg (60KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495687972055.jpg
60KB, 1014x1024px
>>19195035
I'm afraid of my acne scars becoming permanent
>>
>>19195035
Being a kissless virgin my whole life.
>>
>>19195035
You attract what you fear. Money obviously heh..
>>
>>19195035
being alone and hated
>>
File: IMG_1537.jpg (215KB, 352x597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1537.jpg
215KB, 352x597px
Monkeys, dolphins and autists
>>
>nor being able to move (sleep paralysis etc)
>multilation of penises or eyes (I'm fine with anything else)
>not being in control of my own
thoughts

>
>>
Black Guys who stare at you when your walking down a sidewalk in fucked up cities
>>
I'm afraid of windows in the dark. The fact that something outside could be looking in and see me prefectly while I couldn't see it is terrifying. I keep the blinds closed on all my windows at night so things can't look inside.
>>
Spiders, futility, gravity (only when in space), the possibility that god is evil.
>>
All your posts answer is: you fear the dark
>>
I'm afraid that newfags have taken over with this kinda cancer. Take that shit to Facebook
>>
I'm afraid of
- Drifting off into the ocean
- Someone breaking in while I'm home
- The Dark
>>
>>19197714
That's called paranoia my friend. We all have it. At least those smart enough to understand how windows work.
>>
Deep ocean/open water all day. Which is a bit ironic because I have both a fear and a strange fascination with it.
>>
Male Pattern Baldness.
>>
>>19195035
Insanity
>>
I used to have no fear for a while but I realized it was arrogance so now I only have one fear : to not go to heaven.

Anything evil or "spooky" does nothing to me. I dare them, nothing happens. It's all illusions you have to allow your mind to submit. I am litterally stronger than Satan and the poor guy keeps running to hide from me.
>>
>>19198260
>tfw you can grow luscious locks but prefer to shave your head
>>
>>19197714

That's not scary. I often stare at such windows just to imagine the lurker freaking out that I can see him, although I don't and there's probably no one.

Just have the attitude of wanting to confront such people, I guarantee he'd be a lot more scared if you rang his door and called him out on it, or just dared him to come fight outside.
>>
>>19198298

I have a full head of hair, so does my dad and grandfather but you never know, it can get around without showing up for generations.
>>
Shitskins. I'm a girl and can't walk around at night in my city anymore, too much crime. They grow in number every year, propagating across the land like locusts.
>>
Floating in a large deep (mostly) natural body of water, I'm not talking pools here, I mean ocean and lakes, man made or not. Having my legs just dangling there, jesus, it's terrifying
>>
That I'll see myself one day outside of a mirror. And I will look at myself in the eyes, the other me will do the same with me, and he will laugh and walk away.
>>
>>19198494
Same here, for me though it's not being able to see what is under me
>>
>>19195035
Too many teeth in too small a space. Teeth coming out sideways. Teeth growing out through the meat of the cheeks or the lips.

Also, I hate falling asleep with my head tilted to the side or back. I keep thinking someone will walk up and pull on the tendons in my neck and snap them like old guitar strings.
>>
>>19195066
This.
>>
>>19195035
Facing the Ultimate God. The thought of disintegrating into subatomic particles frightens me, because I'm filthy and from filth.
>>
>>19195035
Cats.
>>
cockroaches spook me, but that's really it
>>
Some kind of entity invading my dreams and headspace.
>>
I'm living my biggest fear. Living alone my whole entire life and dying alone. I'll never have love.
>>
>>19198990
Getting out of the house instead of spending your Saturday evening chilling on 4chan might help.
>>
>>19195463
>Men are strong. Even the weakest among you are stronger than women who work out and weightlift.

What? Are you serious? I've seen scrawny guys get picked up by girls that dead lift. You don't go out much do you?
>>
>>19199042
I'm so ugly I'm afraid to go out. People always make fun of me and pick on me.
>>
>>19199049
you cant be that ugly, pics
>>
>>19199055
auroras a dude pal, trust me you don't want pics
>>
My fear, it's not racional bc i will no suffer it directly but take a lot of my thinking time. It's that the universe will get to a maximun level on entropy and practicall the universe die. The image of a completly dark universe, cold, without movement just with iron balls going fron one side to another and the incapacity to revert or prevent this. That impotence
>>
>>19199059
I'm a fat, hairy, basement dwelling 40 year old virgin.
>>
>>19199062
I can understand why impotent balls would seem frightening to you.
>>
lol fair enough
>>
>>19199068
Iron balls are star corpses, practical white dwarfs corpses </3 And it's a felling like sadnes, i barely understand the felleing desu
>>
>>19195035

I've been terrified of ceiling fans since I was a kid. I'm afraid they're going to fly off and kill me like a buzz saw, even though I know that doesn't make sense for a number of reasons.
>>
>>19199059
Am I really that ugly?
>>
File: other rape horse.gif (406KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
other rape horse.gif
406KB, 400x225px
>>19195437
>People breathing on me
Germs or something else?

>>19195457
I also used to hate horses, but I got over it. I still think they're dangerous, but I don't have the strong aversion I used to.
>>
My biggest fear is if I kill myself, would I be an ugly boy again. I know if I kill myself, I'll finally be beautiful.
>>
I have a slight phobia of pregnancy. I feel like if I ever get pregnant and I get far enough along, my stomach skin will split right across the middle and all my guts will fall out.
>>
>>19199483
Do you watch a lot of 90s horror gory movies by chance?
>>
>>19195463
>You, all of you, are capable of killing me with your bare hands if I piss you off.
Literally every single human being on earth is capable of killing every other human being on earth with their bare hands
>>
>>19199491
Nope. I guess I started thinking about it when I was young, how a skinny person being pregnant looks so different than a skinny person getting fat. It's something about how the skin gets so shiny and more translucent when it's so stretched out, and you can see the burst veins underneath. It looks like a balloon in a slow-motion video right before it's about to split. I dunno. Maybe on some level it just reminds me of the malnutrition babies in Africa.
>>
>>19199548
Damn. I thought you were my soul mate for a second...
>>
Space. Its so vast and we dont know if its infinite.. And if so, then... There could be anything out of our logic.
>>
>>19196682
glad to hear it.
>>
>>19199158
So do it already. You can't kill yourself if you post on the chinz 24/7. I put a knife in my skull and nearly finished it but I guess I'm not cut out for being ded
>>
>>19199568
Well, best of luck to you anyway.
>>
>>19195035
Hospitals really scare me, if I have to stay for more of two days inside one I start to panic. They also have a really depressing vibe.
Also space, mostly planets and stars. The sun is terrifying, the thought of it being just a little bit closer and having catastrophic consequences freaks me out.
>>
>>19199754
don't worry too much, anon.
our orbit around the sun makes us travel roughly 3.5 million miles closer/farther depending on the time of year.

if you're going by that shitty facebook post that goes around occasionally about how if we were one inch closer or further away, life couldn't be possible and it's all thanks to god, do a little bit of research and don't listen to bible thumpers.
>>
>>19195035
I'm not really afraid of anything anymore
>>
File: 1496466830305.jpg (163KB, 818x503px) Image search: [Google]
1496466830305.jpg
163KB, 818x503px
Afraid if i continue to do nothing even though i want knowledge I don't pursue it. I'm lazy and I hate it.
>>
>>19195035
I fear that I would dive down in the ocean too deep, a when I turn my head I would see one of those things:
>eye of a giant squid
>eye of a sperm whale
>giant anglerfish mouth
>tanker turbine
>or generally I would dive deeper and deeper and discover a <Hugh Mungus> chasm under me
>>
>>19195457
definetly fuck horses! those huge teeth can bite a portion of a healthy human arm
>>
> needles with the implication of injection / needles in general
> deep bodies of water
the last one is probably because i nearly drowned honestly. also that fucking first one is scary as shit op i literally fucking winced when i thought of it
>>
>>19200466
It's true I'm not that informed about the topic, still, it's mostly my imagination going trough all the what if's. For example, long ago I had the recurring nightmare of the moon crushing the earth, or the moon not being there at all. I'm aware that it wont happen, but I still was afraid of it for a long time.
It's some of those unjustified fears, nothing else.
>>
I'm actually afraid of very little. Paranormal stuff intrigues me, most things like spiders and the dark don't scare me. Dangerous stuff doesn't scare me either I'll do anything if it seems fun.

What does scare me is the dentist. It's a fairly common fear and I don't really understand it. I really want to get over me so I can become fearless but it's very difficult for me.

I have a friend who is scared of weird looking houses. She read house of leaves when she was little and I guess that's why.
>>
>>19195035
>dolls
>deep water
>>
>>19195035
Im afraid of mosquitoes and the possibility that there is nothing after death
>>
Ever since I've seen this thread I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with some fear that isn't rooted in psychology. Example: I'm scared of dying. But that's just basic instinct. A fear of dying is vital to survival. And if every other potential fear of mine (such as drowning because I don't know how to swim lmao) lead to death, I pass it off as a fear not even worth mentioning here.

It's kind of a bummer that I don't have any interesting fears worth mentioning.
>>
A lot of things creep me out, like:
>large imposing architecture
>gore
>screamer videos
>conspiracy theories
>the deep dark ocean
>the silent uncaring empty darkness of space
>sociopathy

But I think the main thing which actually frightens me is the idea of no longer being able to take care of myself. I can deal with the idea of dying or disease, but if I get to a point where I am unable to fend for myself, I would much rather commit suicide than lose my self-sufficiency.
>>
Bugs crawling out of my body
>>
>>19195463
>What's more, compared to women guys are absolutely not in control of their emotions.

definitely a troll, women literally cannot control their emotions.
>>
>>19195035
I worry that before I complete my magnum opus and then hang myself, I'll bust my brain with drugs so hard that I'll stop wanting to do that.
>>
>>19199548
I feel you there femanon
>>
File: DDJaMOtVoAEGDdl.jpg (82KB, 458x482px) Image search: [Google]
DDJaMOtVoAEGDdl.jpg
82KB, 458x482px
I'm most afraid of being overtaken by nihilism. It's scary as fuck.
>>
>>19195171
No, you fucking haven't.
>>
I'm afraid I'll go to jail if I kill myself.
>>
>>19195404
>>19195171
You're the same guy, aren't you?
>>
File: 1467067768729.png (194KB, 287x361px) Image search: [Google]
1467067768729.png
194KB, 287x361px
>>19195463
>compared to women guys are absolutely not in control of their emotions
You fucking wot m8?

Also,
>You, all of you, are capable of killing me with your bare hands if I piss you off.

YEah and you better not forget about it you thot
>>
>>19195469
Literally kill yourself
>>
File: 1495478471938.png (4MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1495478471938.png
4MB, 2048x1536px
I'm afraid of becoming old and living longer than all of my family and friends.

I'm afraid of not being able to marry and have children and die alone.

I'm afraid of oblivion and falling into a chasm of nihilism and push the feeling away everytime it touches my mind.
>>
File: bobp.gif (149KB, 615x454px) Image search: [Google]
bobp.gif
149KB, 615x454px
Thank you guys for all of the answers so far, it means a lot to me.
Remember, all fears are valid fears, everyone's mind is wired just a little different than yours.
>>
>>19195035
The things that scare me the most include things that are significantly larger than the norm, deep waters, huge storms like tornadoes, apocalyptic, giant events (Melancholia fucked me up), extremely huge creatures (think Shin Godzilla), demons and their doings, and I get a sense of awe and wonder but latent terror from Biblical, Revelation type stuff and ancient Hebrew names for things.
>>
>>19205069
And I forgot to add: grotesque deformities both fascinate and terrify me, and almost-human being (whether confused, evil, etc.) have always terrified me.
>>
>>19195463
>I'll admit to being a female on 4chan
Have a (you)
>>
>>19195035
I was "trafficked" when I was a toddler up until I was eleven and now I'm wary/afraid of men, specifically bigger guys. It'd probably be easier to deal with if I wasn't a boy but that is just how it goes I suppose.
>>
File: slide_306624_2652897_free.jpg (183KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
slide_306624_2652897_free.jpg
183KB, 1200x802px
I get scared of the sky sometimes when I stare up. I always imagine if something absolutely enormous just popped there and took up the whole sky, like if we were orbiting a huge planet or something.
>>
>>19205142
that is one hell of a burden.
may your attackers suffer 1000000 times your ordeals and pain in unending cycles by the name of Hades, Yama and Belial.
>>
>>19195035
I'm scared of nothing but being slowly mindfucked over the course of years until I'm okay with killing or being killed.
For insight read up on Michelle Knotek
>>
>>19195035
1984 reality and victim mentality.

1984 reality - the book basically

Victim Mentality - basically basing advantage on being a victim and purposefully putting yourself on that state. I really dislike people who hate child molesters and criminals because most of the time it couldve been prevented. Its pretty entertaining they claim truth but dont know criminal mentality.
>>
I'm afraid of spiders and big insects in general, to the point I wouldn't be able to sleep in my bedroom if I know a big spiderbro is somewhere.

I also think that I'm afraid of war too. I live in Europe (Belgium) and we have terrorist attack every now and then. Our airport got an attack last year, I don't travel a lot (almost never), that year I had a trip planned like 2 or 3 weeks prior to the attack. I could have been one of the victims because I was unemployed at the time so it was possible that I booked my trip during that day.. Last week someone blew up a small package in one of our main train station. I go there on a regular basis. Since there is a rise in terrorism in our countries (I mean even kids are targeted during a fucking Arianna Grande concert), I think it has an effect on me. I know that everybody say that we should be strong and not be afraid of that but since we aren't doing anything to fight this... I'm afraid that someday I'll be at the wrong place at the wrong time, or worse... someone I love.

I have regular nightmares involving fanatics killing people I like. Not too long ago I dreamed of a fanatic guy shooting my crush in the face.
>>
I'm afraid of smoking DMT - but i want to
>>
>>19195035
those freakin Elsa videos on youtube, where pregnant babies get cut their bellies open, or Spiderman is fucking elsa in the ass (literally!) and stuff like that
>>
I think my worst fear is waking up one day and being completely alone. Like there is no other human or animal on this planet, everyone just disappear. Without any explaination. And you would have to live the rest of your life without seeing or talking to another human again. And after maybe 60 years you would die being completly alone. Man that fucks me up
>>
>>19195035
I have a bad case of pectus excavatum and arrhythmia, I also used to be a heavy smoker and abused drugs for many years.

There are times when I wake up without being able to breathe and my heart seems to have stopped for a few moments and then starts to beat again but very slowly, painfully and loudly.
The first time it happened I was about sure my heart was giving up on me.

It was there and then that I realized how easily you can be on this earth and then simply vanish. How much of a fucking idiot I was for everything I've done in the past.

Jesus Christ, in a moment you're alive then you're gone just like that. The feeling of helplessness scared me too fucking much. I can't deal with it and have felt paranoid ever since.
>>
>>19205755
Go see a doctor anon
>>
>>19205761
I live in a 3rd world shithole.
Can't get treatment or even an appointment...
>>
>>19195035
My loved ones dying. My fear is very much real and I am reminded of my weaknesses every single day. I know one day I'll just become a parody of myself after I lose everyone,
>>
>>19195035
>Ridicule
>Humiliation
>Weakness
>Being watched from realms I cant see or interact with.
>People secretly hearing my thoughts but saying nothing.
>Being inquietude.
>Being consumed by the universe.
>>
>>19207379
>>Being consumed by the universe.

you wouldn't even realize it happened in such a scenario.
>>
>>19195146
Fucking hell dude
>>
That feeling of falling backwards you sometimes get right before you drift off to sleep.

What if you got stuck that way? Not asleep, unable to wake up, just falling...
>>
Death and my corpse rotting. I hate the idea of not existing and that the body i'm in will one day rot away
>>
>>19195035
Scared of very large aquarium tanks. Not the thought of them breaking or me drowning, but just being in them. I have reoccurring nightmares where I'm in a huge exhibit tank and I'm not allowed out. There's too ugh empty space and I don't know which way is up any more.
I'm also scared that one day I might accidentally fall into my fridge and get stuck while my wife is at work. Then she'll come home and start dinner, open the fridge and find me in there, long dead
>>
>>19208211
Tell your family you want to be cremated after you die.
>>
>>19205142
I'm sorry to hear that anon. I'm very anxious around older men for a similar reason, so I feel you. Keep on keeping on, and don't hate yourself for it, and things will slowly get better.
>>
My own imagination because I've thought of the most hideous and ugly creatures filled with pure hate
>>
Cockroaches, fucking cockroaches, not dead ones,but the living ones.
>>
>>19195035
Losing time. You saw that episode of Don't hug me I'm scarred about time? That shit scares the skin off me.
>>
>>19195035
Rogue artificial intelligence taking over. This might have already happened in a sense.
>>
>>19195035
Being poor. The likelihood of any other spooky things happening are pretty slim and with money you can buy your way out of any other problems. Being poor makes you vulnerable to all of the shit in the world.
>>
>>19195035

Im sitll in college and living with my parents ( aint a neet, the situation is different like USA) but a big fear is to have to live a boring life working in a routine till the day i die.
>>
File: ss-america-22.jpg (95KB, 790x491px) Image search: [Google]
ss-america-22.jpg
95KB, 790x491px
Large abandoned or rusted boats. Always has horrified me, since I watched a shipbreaking video as a kid. This fear made me afraid of the water altogether...
>>
File: caeser.jpg (75KB, 279x768px) Image search: [Google]
caeser.jpg
75KB, 279x768px
Being forgotten. I can't stand the idea of being a part of the 9-5 rat race and not making a name for myself. I want to go down in history.
>>
>>19195035
What's in my room when I'm not there, or what's in there when I'm in there, but I'm just not aware.
>>
>>19195035
Being a failure, Other people's opinions of me.
>>
>>19195035
Insanity. Losing yourself in your own body. Thoughts running wild and you become lost in the void within memories.

Please don't use this against me in your schemes, I just want to be wuvved in this world :c
>>
>>19205614
ego death sounds awful mayne
i just want to see pretty fractals and have euphoria
>>
>>19209259
imagine being almost able to afford to move out and then some tragic setback happens, or you ruin your reputation with your housemates and you're not only stuck living there for endless more years, but your parents actively dislike you and treat you like shit, and there is basically no way to escape except being homeless
>>
>>19195035
The endless expanse of empty ocean. Just imagine for a second. You're swimming in the water, when you look below yourself to find that there is nothing below you. Fucking NOTHING. In any direction is just miles and mikes of water. You can't swim fast, and it's only a matter of time until you can't keeep yourself afloat. Then you look below yourself again only to see something enormous pass beneath you. You try to swim away but you know there's no possible escape. You check for the creature and you catch its face. A huge shark, rows of deadly teeth, that cruel and unforgiving silhouette, and those black soulless eyes. You fail about, screaming for help- but you're completely isolated. Then the shark disappears further below. You feel a sense of relief, but then the shark comes rocketing at you from below, the same way they kill and eat seals. Your last image before you're ripped in half and sink to the bottom will be the jaws of the shark approaching you with blinding speed. Later, the scraps of your body will sink down into the dark abyss to be food for the disgusting, bottom dwelling, unsightly bottom-feeders. No one will know what happened to you. It will be as though you simply failed to exist one day.
>>
>>19195035
Deep water. I'm talking anything deeper than what I can reach with my toes except for olympic swimming pools. If it's a lake, a sea or an ocean I will not feel very comfortable near it. In it? I basically go into survival mode the very moment.
I'm also afraid of heights but not to the same extent. I do get chills anywhere higher than a few metres (and don't get me started on the time I was on the Eiffel tower or on a guided tour in this very deep cave) but it's not as bad.
There was a time when these two fears were combined for me. We were on a tour in a cave in high school (and don't get me wrong, I like all the times we went into caves or mines) and it was a pretty deep one. At the end of it, we arrived at a lake and there were two boats there. I held on to my dear life, my heart beating harder than ever before. And then the tour guide thought it would be fun if he turned off his light so we'd be in total darkness for a minute... Needless to say, that's the part of the tour that I will never forget but also the part I never want to repeat.

>>19209873
Also this. Any kind of manmade object in water, especially rusted or covered in algae - that makes everything a hundred times worse.
>>
>>19195035
Losing my GF.
I know it won't happen any time soon but it's just sitting there at the back of my mind all the time.
>>
>>19209978
You can leave out the shark and I'd die of panic either way
>>
>>19195035
What freaks me out is being eaten and turned into excrement. Or being digested, I don't like to think of myself as meat or sustinenc. Makes my skin crawl.
>>
I've always been afraid of a dead silence, or sometimes a solid repetitive sound, I've often psyched myself out that I was hearing a knock at the door when it was only my heart beat in a quiet room. But when everything falls quiet, my heart drones out, and even the slight ringing in your ears fades out, I feel like something horrible will happen
>>
>>19195463
>What's more, compared to women guys are absolutely not in control of their emotions

I can see you've never left your basement. What an unexpected twist on 4chan.

The strong majority of men have never laid hands on another person outside of self defense. You're just a paranoid dumbshit. Retreat to your basement, hamplanet.
>>
>>19210090
No matter what, when you die, you will be eaten by worms and pooped out. Even if cremated those ashes will eventually end up in a worm some way or another.
>>
>>19205798
>and you have learned
>way to soon
>never trust the pantaloon
>>
>>19205069
You'll have fun when half of Missouri and the surrounding Midwest is swallowed by sinkholes into the enormous cave systems beneath and around the Madrid fault line.

Screenshot this and remember September.
>>
>>19195348
Is the best feel
>>
I literally feel anxious -probably fear- around girls and hate to talk or interact with them.. i am a straight guy in a relationship and she is the only one i don't feel anxious around..
>>
I'm afraid I'll die without ever kissing a girl.
>>
>>19195035
Homophobia a fear of sameness... usually used as fear of gays or criticism of it being "normal"
>>
>>19195035
I ain't afraid of shit. Well, yeah, actual shit scares me, but that's all.
>>
heights. i'm deathly afraid of heights.
>>
>>19195035
the future, mostly.
>>
>>19212761
You will
>>
>>19213093
I will kiss a girl? Thanks for the encouragement! I'm so happy now! lol
>>
>>19195035
Super scared of falling. Can't even cross a fallen tree that creates a bridge across a 3ft deep stream near my neighborhood.

I couldn't even allow myself to trust fall lmao
>>
Being buried alive, burned alive, tortured to death and going blind are my biggest fears.
>>
File: errytime.jpg (67KB, 640x700px) Image search: [Google]
errytime.jpg
67KB, 640x700px
I just found out today what my biggest fear is. I've always been terrified by the thought of being taken into captivity and tortured for days or months before dying, but what makes me more scared than anything is suffering from any form of dementia.
>>
I'm so scared of sleep. The idea of being left with my own mind for 8 or more hours is scary, especially from browsing /x/ and what I can dream up. I always distract myself from sleep but have to eventually, like death.
>>
>>19195035
Being in a situation where death is unavoidable but not immediate. Like being in the ocean with no life preserver and nothing but water visible in any direction, or being stuck somewhere that you aren't going to be found so you die of suffocation/thirst/hunger.
>>
Whales

No joke, those fuckers are huge and the idea of being out in the middle of the ocean with one terrifies me. Sharks are cool, whales freak me out.
>>
>>19195078
same, ever since i was a kid i have been terrified of the dark and never grew out of it like most have
>>
>>19213271
Sounds edgy
>>
>>19199548
Just think of them as tiger stripes. <3 pregnant women. Let's get you knocked up so I can dine on that kitty.

ima girl btw
>>
my worst fear is being buried alive, or dying and not actually being dead but instead, just in a coffin 6 feet deep i am scared just thinking of it.
>>
>>19201961
>I'm disappointed that I'm not absolutely terrified by something quirky or lolsorandomxd
Anon, you don't get cool points for being a fuckup.
>>
Nothingness, the vastness of the ocean, ghouls, my mom, centipedes
>>
Just the phrase, and ONLY the phrase, "doors leading to nowhere." Sends a shiver down my spine every time I hear it. I don't think the actual leading to nowhere gets me, I think it's the possibility that the door was built around what was once there, or that some day the door will be opened to find void instead of a brick wall or whatever is behind it usually. Spooky shit man
>>
I'm afraid of dying alone. Of never feeling reciprocated love again. Not even just "lol I wanna fuck", just having someone hold me and tell me I'm worth a shit. At this point, loneliness isn't just a feeling with me, it seems like it's a trait.
>>
>>19209928
Shit, I'd settle just for the salad.
>>
>>19213358
you are a freak. i bet you love horses too
>>
>>19205614
its pretty scary first couple times blasting off but once you know what to expect it's pretty awesome
>>
I'm afraid of having to live another 80 years. I'm not depressed or anything. I just feel that life isn't really worth living. I'll most likely kill myself the day after my parents die.
>>
>>19213724
This is a newfag feel
give it a few years and you will embrace the fucked-upness and isolation of modern life
>>
>>19195035
Not being allowed to die.
Upon death being in a state of existence in a realm beyond death.
>>
>>19195622
>I fear going insane and not having a grip on what is real and what is not
this
>>
living in a falze dreaem
>>
>>19195035
Apparitions and swimming over/through masses of algae.
>>
File: tumblr_mr2pazzD0i1sy1h1wo1_400.gif (943KB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mr2pazzD0i1sy1h1wo1_400.gif
943KB, 360x202px
>>19195035
THE NIGHTMAN.
>>
>>19195463
>compared to women guys are absolutely not in control of their emotions
Lmao
>>
I'm scared of dying and death itself.
>>
>>19195035
I'm afraid of the dark but only at home
In the woods I'm fine with it
I'm also afraid of silence. The kind where you can't hear anything other than you breathing
>>
my biggest fear is that ill never stop feeling regret
a more /x/ related fear:
i'm really afraid that in my lifetime science will with definitive proof conclude that we can never fully understand the universe and that
we have reached as far as humans will ever be able to understand it. basically that it will somehow be confirmed that our brains are
simply structured in such a way and/or that the universe functions in a way that simply bar us from knowing anything more than we do.
i don't really have big personal fears as i have completely lost hope, but i would hate to witness the end of knowledge.
>>
>>19197228
Don't worry
they would become permanent
>>
>>19195035
Sea monsters. There is something really terrifying about the deep ocean in general. Imagining what unknown creatures live there really puts me on edge.
>>
Deep sea and aliens.
I guess the unknown just scares the shit out of me. As far as ghosts and things, I'm not convinced they exist as much as I wish they did.
>>
I'm afraid that I am already dead and just dont realize it.
>>
Also I agree with others, I am scared shitless of deep dark water and the unknown beneath me. The idea of floating in the middle of the ocean by myself just watching the water is FUCKING FRIGHTENING
>>
File: failure.jpg (30KB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
failure.jpg
30KB, 460x360px
>>19195035
I'm afraid of dying without realizing my dreams. I'm afraid of never achieving recognition or independence from my fucking parents. smdh. I just want to live alone.
>>
>>19195035
Becoming homeless & being at the mercy of all that entales. No one cries for you. No one checks to see if you're OK. At the whims of any evil fucker that wants to fuck about.
>>
The fact that when I die my Ego will disolve and I will never see or remember all my loved ones because life wasn't real anyway
>>
>>19217931
see ya in a couple days
>>
>>19217931
Looks like she enjoyed that. Kindness to animals...always...
>>
The dark and cockroaches
>>
>>19217931
Where do i find more of this stuff?
>>
>>19202807
Whisperings maybe just because i am about to sleep.
Knockings ive been hearing them in the roof. I allways thought it was people upside moving things or a lady walking with heels... the problem that i havent anything upside my room.

The sounds i hear in this department are similar, but this time i have someone upside, its a build. That doesnt explain the similar sounds.

Pretty interesting experience i may say. I also have a fear to sleep or to the dark, only when im going to sleep.
>>
>>19218320
doesnt this kind of keyword search put you on a list...
>>
>>19213327
nigga there is no way to fear those fuckers

they are big sea doggos , big af tho
>>
>>19218320
Did I strike a nerve degenerate?
>>
>>19209976
honestly, if i see there is no way out, but have to keep grinding to staying alive, i would kill my self
>>
>>19195035
pictures of sunken ships and objects, even in shallow water
>>
>>19218941
thalassophobia
>>
>>19218941
Big fish like to stay in those areas too.
>>
Not many mentions of aliens ITT.

My dad has alien abduction stories as well as my s/o and their family. Been terrified of them since childhood.
>>
>>19219021
>>19218941

Actually that would be megalohydrothalassophobia
>>
>>19202852
Feel free to just ignore this and/or call me a faggot. But if I were you I would try and spend time my with people that I consider "better" than me. It's helped me to spend time with people who are smarter, nice, more humble, and more self-aware. You'd be surprised too, they're not too good for you. Start there (whether socially or finding a different job, or spending time with these kinds of people at your current one) and I think you'll notice yourself improving and enjoying your life at the same time. My $.02.
>>
>>19195820
ilyk yew
>>
>>19195035
Nothing conventionally scary really scares me. Even some of the more reasonable ones like heights and deep open water don't really do anything to me. But the one thing that does freak me out is reality warping. Things just not doing what every law of our universe says they are supposed to do, but all at once. Being in a setting of complete nonsense and mind breaking twists. I've only ever experienced it in nightmares, but being that those times are the only times I'm truly fearful, they really fuck me up. It's even worse when I get the feeling I'm not going to wake up and the dream is bleeding with reality
>>
I have a pretty bad fear of seeing something that is actually otherworldly.

It's kind of strange because my poor eyesight and anxieties make me 'see' unreal things often. But these I know not to be real, and my brain dismisses them as soon as they come into view.

The idea of seeing something strange and have it be real though is terrifying to think about.
>>
File: Shadowman-3.jpg (3MB, 1671x2320px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowman-3.jpg
3MB, 1671x2320px
>>19195078
>>19213343
>>19195585
Same. We even have nightlights in this house, but the darkness still feels like it's creeping in on me.

I can't stand open doors or doorways into the darkness either. I think it goes back to a nightmare about a monster lurking in my dark bedroom as a child. Or another (possible memory?) about a dark stairwell. Nothing actually in that memory, just a spooky stairway to a darkened hallway.

I tried to face my fears once, challenging the think in the darkness. Something fell over in the corner of my room and I bolted for the switch.

Fuck everything. I'm surprised I can even sleep at night without the bedside lamp on anymore.
>>
>>19219070
I thought it was submechanophobia.
>>
I wouldn't really call this much of a fear per say, but I do get a feeling of anxiety whenever there are either loud crowded voices or things like a blender or a baby crying. A mixture of all of them really messes me up for some reason.

I remember when I was really young, I was in a situation where I was in a car where the radio was really loud and staticy while a baby was crying and it made me so anxious I began screaming to get out of the car.
>>
>>19199046
Norms, not weebs
>>
>>19195035
Having a truck fall on me while it's passing through. There are a lot of things in the day to day that could go badly but for some reason I'm particularly scared of this. I always try to keep my distance.

Accidentally hitting the top and bottom rows of my teeth, causing some of them to get badly damaged or fall off. This one bothers me the most because it seems to me both more unreasonable and more likely to happen at the same time. I blame my dreams for this, I've had this happen in them a few times, rather vividly.

Another one of mine, perhaps a more universal fear, despite being something you don't hear often, is to lose my drive to live, in the sense that there are things I like to do and I also have goals for the future, but if I suddenly didn't enjoy these things or I stopped caring about what I want to achieve I wouldn't have any reason to be here anymore. I guess it's what they call depression. I have mild anxiety and I tend to think it's a slippery slope down there.

>>19195080
I like spiders, they eat the nasty insects of the house. Jumping spiders in particular are very cute.
>>
Being stalked/watched, I get the irrational fear something is watching me after every creepypasta I read and I know nothings there but my mind still sends me into to near panic attacks. I have no fear in death, just fear in being watched, weird right?
>>
>>19195146
I had one of those door springs on a wire-frame door get stuck in my eyelid once when I was a child. A half an inch to the side and I would have been blind in my right eye, shit was hella rusty too
>>
Nothing really
If something comes up and spoops me I will improve so I don't get spooped again :)
>>
Ocean here as well
A really sobering example was when I was playing WoW and felt like exploring Vash'jir and I was practically panicking when I tried to go outside the area itself into the deeps around it. Similarly I felt physically awful when I went above the surface and just saw the Whale shark swimming and being all terrifying like
>>
A have a serious phobia to roaches and similiar bugs. Thats really about my only fear.
>>
>>19219867
>>19222177
Nice dubs to myself. I was just reading more of the things on this thread and some are stupidly fake. What do you people get out of lying? Cringy stuff...
>>
I have to believe in some form of reincarnation, because the idea that we never come back in any form terrifies me.
>>
>>19195035
I'm afraid of turning 30
>>
Shadow figures that whisper in your ear

The depth and undiscovered nature of the oceans

Glimpsing some immense, unimaginably gigantic cosmic being

The pupils of eyes

Black dog with red eyes that just stares at you

Laying on your back, looking up at the night sky and recognizing the vast emptiness that is facing you; the relatively thin atmosphere between you and unending oblivion

Dying, being completely erased from existence, never knowing what will go on without you, how your lineage will survive.
>>
>>19222030
Doesn't do anything for me in games desu, only photos or real life.
>>
I fear Alzheimer's or completely loosing my mind. I talk to myself quite often and I wonder why
>>
>>19195363
Underrated
>>
File: 1498685613015.jpg (29KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1498685613015.jpg
29KB, 370x370px
>>19195463
I think you've got the emotion thing backwards, a lot of women sure dont know what they FEEL like eating when you ask them.
>>
>>19195035
I'm afraid of the death, BUT ONLY the "NORMAL" death by age
>>
>>19222030
I feel you.

When I was young I was playing some GameCube platforming game, it was an animal with a boomerang forgot the name. There was a level that you had to swim underwater through these huge great white sharks and it scared the shit out of me. Underwater levels still spook me, like soma
>>
>>19217741
you're not alone in feeling this anon...
>>
File: 51Y99G9KHPL._SY445_.jpg (48KB, 315x445px) Image search: [Google]
51Y99G9KHPL._SY445_.jpg
48KB, 315x445px
>>19223690
Completely unrelated to the thread, but I'm like 90% sure that was Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, pic related.
>>
>>19195035
I have a fear of drowning. It just terrifies me.
>>
When I was younger I gave birth to a full term, stillborn little girl. I have always felt responsible and have always blamed myself. I didn't do anything wild like taking drugs or anything but I still feel like there was something I could have done, or didn't do, that would have saved her life.

This experience pretty much destroyed me as a person. I became suicidal and badly agoraphobic. After a few years I was diagnosed with PTSD and started taking 5 different psych meds a day. At my worst, I didn't leave my apartment for 3 solid years. I had groceries delivered to me and was supported by my parents. I leave my apartment now but only for doctors appointments and therapy.

I told you this story so you could understand my deepest fear. My deepest fear is having to be responsible for anything. Any aspect of my life, no matter how minor. I am pathologically convinced that any decision I make will be the worst decision ever and will destroy not just my life but the lives of those around me. I have a case worker now and she does everything for me, she schedules my appointments and fills out all the forms I need to fill out for various disability programs. I am afraid to even live because I might hurt someone inadvertently. It has been 20 years since I had my little girl and I have tortured myself every single day since then.
>>
>>19223900
I'm going to assume you aren't making this up.
I'm so sorry about your awful experience. I totally understand your fear.

I don't think literally anything about what happened is your fault. Like I said, sometimes bad stuff just...happens and isn't really preventable. And yeah, it really sucks. But those "bad things that happen" are very far apart. They are rare.

I'm a little blown away so all I can really say is, moving forward, know that life is *all* about taking risks, for everyone. It's just how things go. Sometimes the risks aren't even directly made by a person, the results just sort of happen. And I guess sometimes people just have a stroke of bad luck...ah...well I guess I'm not the best at being verbose, but I really hope things get better for you.
>>
>>19195035
Shitting into the back of my shirt.

Its never happened before but like, what if?
>>
>>19199046
M8 that top 1% of girls that can 3pl8 deadlift is not the majority of women
>>
>>19223986
Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it. I have looked for a way out and have failed to find one thus far. I just can't forgive myself. It feels like if I forgive myself that I'm somehow condoning what happened, or saying that it doesn't matter. I also feel like if I suffer for the rest of my life it might make up for her dying somehow. I know its not logical. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>19195035
That one day I will wake up an NO ONE will be there, waking up at home and finding that my family from last night is just gone and then calling people but only getting voicemail and finally going to the neighbors to find that they are gone as well, and then realizing that everyone has just simply vanished.
>>
>>19195886
Seconded. Every single time I take the bus, I think someones looking at me. Always out of the corner of my eye. I know it's prolly just my imagination, but they could always just have good reflexes, or its us glancing back and forth. Pisses me off to no end either way.

Other than that, moths. When I see a spider, or when I'm on top of a tall structure, I feel scared but still rational enough to stay calm. When a fair sized moth is flapping around my room, trying to escape, pure dread. It feels like some primal fear that's screaming at me to get away as fast as humanly possible.
>>
Having to live til a ripe old age. I've had mini panic attacks when I think about how I'll most likely have to be alive for another 40 odd years. Just the infinitesimal amount of things that can happen makes me terror ridden. Kinda how when you think of space and how endless it seems? I'm shit at explaining it. I guess its unexplainably large things, really. Things that are known to be real, and have a name, but noone actually knows the full scope of it.
>>
>>19195451
Open spaces are just unexplainably spooky. Like soccer fields at night. Or long ass hallways. Fucking kills me with suspense.
>>
Being caged mentally or physically
>>
>>19195035
jews
>>
File: days-401.jpg (48KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
days-401.jpg
48KB, 500x706px
>>19195078
Being in the forest at night it especially frightening. No matter what I always have a sense of imminent danger.
>>
You know when you hear about a friend's mom or dad passing, or read on the news that a natural disaster wiped out millions of people? On another note, have you ever heard of suffering that seems impossible to endure, like extended torture, dismemberment, and dehumanization?
I fear it happening to me or my loved ones.
>>
>>19195035
Being trapped in an enclosed claustrophobic heated space
>>
I dont fear death, I fear everything just before it. The panic of realization that I will be forgotten after a few days, maybe ill be brought up in conversation once and a while but sooner or later my name will be spoken for the last time on earth and I will have done very VERY little to contribute to all of you and your future children and for that I am so sincerely sorry.....that....and roaches.....disgusting little creatures *shudders*
>>
>>19222242
Don't worry, there is always suicide.
>>
i have a fear that one day when im walking along the sidewalk, a car or an object that fell off of/got hit by a car will collide with me, maiming me in a way that will be very painful for the rest of my life.

At any given moment this situation is pretty unlikely, but over the total amount of time im walking on sidewalks near objects with high momentum, the probability becomes much more realistic.
>>
>>19195035
Based out of LA I'm guessing?
>>
File: 1489476019441.jpg (60KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489476019441.jpg
60KB, 639x480px
The peepee poopoo man
>>
>>19195344
i watched to vid too.You shouldn't be afraid of jupiter,jupiter's a bro it delayed the 'thing'
>>
>>19195622
This. And the fear that someone could supplement and change my memories. That episode of Rick and Morty with the aliens that take the form of fake loved ones fucked me up.
>>
Ever since I was a kid, I have been afraid of getting abducted by aliens while I sleep.
>>
File: leviathan.png (680KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
leviathan.png
680KB, 1920x1080px
Being bitten in half underwater and drowning while my intestines spill out.
>>
File: moom.gif (1MB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
moom.gif
1MB, 540x405px
OP here- thank you for sharing your fears, guys!
Silly or serious, I appreciate all of 'em.

They will definitely help me out when deciding what to write in for certain episodes. My goal is to incorporate them in a way that will help kids deal with their fears, or some that might just freak them out in general. Horror/comedy is the perfect genre to do this kind of thing in, and allows a lot of artistic freedom, too.

So, thank you guys!
>>
File: 616635.jpg (387KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
616635.jpg
387KB, 1920x1080px
>>19195035
seeing an angel who appears perfect and righteous massacring humans while calling us unholy creatures of the darkness
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.