[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horror movie thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 30

Here is the obligatory horror movie thread, where we share horror movies to other anons. All start off with some spooky ghost movies
>Grave encounters
>A dark song
>As above, so below
>The conjuring (1 and 2)
>The possession of michael king
>Apartment 143
>>
Pretty low grade picks, OP
>The Shining
>It
>Poughkeepsie Tapes
>Omen
>>
>>19192970
Terrible. Get rid of the jumpscare trash that is the conjuring. Grave encounters sucks ass as well.

>Martyrs 2008
>Jacobs Ladder
>Taxidermia
>Eraserhead
>Salo
>Texas chainsaw massacre original
>Hellraiser
>I saw the devil
>a tale of two sisters
>Dawn of the dead original
>The thing
>August Underground Mordum
>Andy Sixx's House of Logs
>Friday the 13th
>Gummo
>Return of the living dead
>hills have eyes
>Henry: Portrait of a serial killer
>Necromentia
>In the mouth of madness

More will come to me I'm sure.
>>
>>19193002
people are still doing the poughkeepsie tapes meme? that movie was fucking dogshit
>>
>>19193060
Agreed, along with lake mungo. Absolute trash

If you are a newcomer, ignore ANYONE suggesting Insidious, the conjuring, annabelle, sinister, and paranormal activity. These are normie tier theater bate shitfilms which rely solely on the weakest form of "horror" - the jumpscare. If someone were to come behind you and blow an airhorn in your ear, would you define that as horror? No. That is what these movies solely depend on. Jumpscares in horror can be done correctly, but not if the entire film depends on them. Ignore these movies at all costs.
>>
>>19193002
>start off with some spooky ghost movies
That said, The shining, IT, and the Omen aren't at all scary imo, but they are good movies. Most older movies just aren't scary, they try to be atmospheric and scary but it just doesn't play off if you've seen actual scary movies
>>
>>19193030
Not that I like jump scares, but the scariest movies always have jump scares. The nun scene in the conjuring 2 was really scary, as well as the twist in grave encounters, but since there are some jump scares you just write it off as bad?
>>
>>19193060
It wasn't dogshit, but it wasn't that great, either. Pretty standard middle of the road movie, honestly. It has a few creepy and disturbing moments
>>
Is martyrs supposed to have English subtitles or not ?

Please reply because I'm watching the opening credits but it doesn't have subtitles unless they start when the movie does ?
>>
>>19193030
August underground's mordumb is one of the worst piles of crap out there. + you don't even have serbian on there?
8/10 list, edgy
>>
>>19193255
>Le edgy meme

Serbian film sucks. If you're going to throw the word edgy around unironically you might as well sig every post with your rebbit udername.
>>
>>19193030
Holy shit, best one on the list desu
>>
>>19193608
Scared the absolute shit out of me, as corny as it was
>>
>>19193002
I disagree, his picks are solid, just not classics like yours. Obviously everything is shit compared to like The Exorcist.
>>
don't listen to anybody that says Noroi is THAT scary

>it's not
>>
>>19193691
To add to this post, the movie is pretty good in sense that it can give you that documentary found footage experience
>>
>>19193691
>>19193699
I dropped this right after the scene where the girl gets possessed during the ritual at the Buddhist shrine or whatever. Did I miss anything?
>>
Bump need some recommendations
>>
>>19193691
>brainlet child with adhd stopped watching 20 minutes in

end yourself
>>
Some things I like
>The Descent
>Lights Out
>Ouija: Origin of Evil
>The Witch
>It Follows
>Clown
>They Look Like People
>The Tunnel
>Lake Mungo
>[REC]
>As Above So Below
>Creep
>At The Devil's Door
>Willow Creek
>The Last House on the Left (2009)
>Drag Me To Hell
>Eden Lake
>>
>>19193030
Eraserhead is considered horror?
>>
I'm finishing up they look like people right now. pleasantly surprised.
>>
>kill list
>they look like people
>coherence
>the alchemists cook book
recent favorites
>>
>>19195539
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>19196212
also
>devils candy
>the void
>the witch
>i'm not a serial killer
>camp sleep away
inb4 babadook
>>
>>19192970
>The Possession of Michael King
I really did enjoy this movie. I don't really get scared anymore but I found it fun. I love ideas like this. Plus I think the actor that played Michael King was great.
>>
>>19193220
It is supposed to have subtitles. I have seen copies online that don't have subtitles. I would torrent martyrs in that case.
>>
>>19196223
Babadook was meh. Not the best but not the worst. Imo better than most recent 'horror' films due to it not relying on jumpscares. Afair there were some but it didn't rely on them like paranormal activity. I've got I am not a serial killer is it worth the watch?
>>
>>19192970
One of my all time faves
>saw

Only the first because damn that twist
Rest are only good for body horror

Inb4 normie tier film
>>
Would recommend :
Conjuring 1 & 2
Other side of the door
The ring 1 & 2
The grudge 2004
The exorcist
Silent hill

Would not recommend:
Poltergeist (70s one)
Tale of two sisters (i could guess the plot, movie is beautiful but is not scary and its painfully long)
(Forgot the name but its cheesy as fuck. A family going somewhere middle of the night and getting lost and then killed one by one by a hot chick. Came out in early 2000s)
Silent hill : revelation

I am gonna watch The Thing and some more horror movies soon
>>
>>19196223
>devils candy
underrated
>>
Sure
>Lion King
>Toy Story (1, 2 & 3)
>Cars
>Shark's Tale
>Finding Nemo
>Adventurers Down Under
>Fox and the Hound
>>
banshee chapter was cool, very /x/ material
>>
The descent was good. Has anyone seen triangle? The concept seems neat.

The thing is good aswell
>>
>>19197216

Triangle was alright, Timecrimes was a better take on the concept though I thought
>>
>>19193030
>a tale of two sister.
my brother of negroid ancestry.
>>
I've watched As Above, So Below a billion times and although it's not really what I would call a horror movie, it's definitely intriguing.

>>19193030
Is Taxidermia a horror movie? When I watched the trailer, it seemed like it was being portrayed as a comedy? Granted, some of the stuff I saw was gross but the humorous atmosphere kind of ruins what should be the "horror" of it.
>>
>>19192970
"Exhibit A" , "Home Movie" and "The Conspiracy" are one of my favorite Found Footage horror movies
>>
I'm glad so many people here have watched They Look Like People, bloody good little movie that.
>>
>>19193074
>These are normie tier theater bate shitfilms which rely solely on the weakest form of "horror" - the jumpscare.

Totally agreed but
> lake mungo. Absolute trash

Ok, you just contradicted youself. Lake Mungo is great because it's implications, not because there are frightening things happening onscreen.

Is not mandatory to like Lake Mungo, but most people to call it trash is people whose attention span is too short
>>
>>19193030
Gummo is depressing, but scary? Unless you're as Bowie, afraid of americans
>>
Suspiria is very pretty. also, I found this cool found footage film (and I usually hate Found footage films) called Noroi: The Curse the other day.
>>
Noroi is my favourite, if anyone liked it another good film by the same director called Occult is on youtube too
>>
>>19200328
It's a weird film, but scary is not the right word for it.
>>
>>19200754
Okaruto, Karuto (the anime exorcist is a bit cringe) and Marebito are all similar movies to Noroi.
>>
>>19197077
TOY STORY 2 WAS SCARRRRRRRRY AF
>>
Anyone have recs more in the vein of thrillers rather than typical horror, especially stuff based around people being the crux of the issue as opposed to anything supernatural? Think something along the lines of The Invitation.

Anything similar to Coherence would be fantastic too. It's my favorite movie.

>>19197216
I ended up liking Triangle a lot more than I thought I would. I went into it expecting something fairly generic and got a few scenes that'll probably stay with me a long time. Give it a watch, don't let your expectations get away from you, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised like I was.
>>
people, suggest me something similar to it follows. I really liked that movie.
>>
Manos, the hands of fate.

For some reason the poor camera quality and shitty lighting and terrible sound editing and bland music. . . creeps me the fuck out more than most "horror" movies. Anyone feel the same?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 189x266px
The Banshee Chapter. Great movie, scared the fuck out of me. I also loved it follows
>>
>>19193074
Ugh, fuck Lake Mungo. I fell asleep with my gf watching it
>>
>>19201084

The whole "you can physically hurt the being chasing you" kinda ruined the movie for me.
>>
Since the last bg horror movie thread i finished the following recommendations

The Shining
A classic I somehow never got to watch but was reminded by said thread. It was good. Nothing too extraordinary but I'd still recommend it.

Lake Mungo
Overrated. I had high hopes and it wasn't that bad but it's really nothing special.

Pontypool
Fascinating premise and very well executed. The last quarter was a little weak but I can look past that since the rest was pretty good.

A dark song
Just finished it. It was amazing. The atmosphere and the character relations alone make this worth a watch but imagery and themes make it a must watch. The ending felt a little rushed and too vague compared to how the rest of the movie was but still an excellent movie.
>>
a lot of great stuff like the thing and texas chainsaw massacre here, I add:
>Suspiria
>Black Sunday
>Noroi
>videodrome
>the wicker man
>the fog 1980
>>
1408 was interesting
>>
What are some good horror movies with unique/unusual/interesting premises? Kind of sick of the whole DA GHOST IS HERE plots.
>>
File: 0aABiFw.jpg (20KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
0aABiFw.jpg
20KB, 356x500px
>>19192970
D E A L E R

not enough people know this gem, should give it a try
>>
>>19201224
jacobs ladder, in the mouth of madness, carrie (the original), altered states
>>
File: 1461871943423.jpg (99KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
1461871943423.jpg
99KB, 1024x681px
Ok, here's some quick reviews.

2010 - 1016

>The Insidious movies

Great atmosphere and filming but not many surprises in the newer movies.

>Tucker and Dale vs Evil

Great horror comedy. I absolutely recommend it to everybody

>Devil (2010)

I don't remember very much. I think it was a pretty ok movie with some interesting twists.

>I Saw the Devil

A great Korean Crime/Horror movie. Koreans know how to make interesting stuff.

>Trollhunter

Not really horror, but quite interesting concept and execution. Would recommend.

>The Shrine

Had some surprising and interesting elements.

>Red State

I can't remember absolutely nothing of it, so i think it was pretty boring.

>Apollo 18

Kinda cheesy, but i liked the monster design.

>Attack the Block

Good movie, watch it.

>The Road

One great horror scene that makes me like this movie as a horror movie.

>The woman in black

Pretty good regular horror

>Dark Shadows

A good horror comedy

>The Borderlands 2013

Really interesting twist. Recommended

>The Conjuring Movies

Great movies. Watch them.

>Devil's Pass

Pretty OK.

>The Babadook

I really like this movie.

>Tusk

Okay... This fucking movie. I recommend watching this with your friends. I have never experienced a movie what tries to balance between horror and comedy like this. If this was full horror movie i think it would work great. It's the most bizarre thing i have seen in a while.

>As above, So below

Really great concept, but the end of the movie kinda goes to shit.

>Dead Snow I & II

Fucking watch them.

>Crimson Peak

Kinda Meh

>Krampus

Really enjoyed it. Recommended.

>Bone Tomahawk

Also a great movie

>10 cloverfield lane

Highly recommended.

>The Wailing

More good Korean horror

Special mention: If you really want to watch something different, watch Korean or Japanese movies
>>
>>19201294
krampus sucks
>>
>>19201237

altered states is new, good taste anon
>>
>>19201294
I did NOT like 10 Cloverfield Lane. It was not very good and the suspense was not the good kind. It was pretty much awkwardness on steroids. Do not watch it. Rewatch the original Cloverfield. There is nothing to see.
>>
>>19193074
This guy gets it.
>>
Where's the British guy from the last horror movie thread ? Wish I had saved the list.

Think Rosemary's baby was one that nobody has mentioned so far
>>
Dead Set is a damn good zombie miniseries (6 hours).

Very good writing, good characters, and good acting.
>>
when i was a kid i saw a move about a guy that moves into an old house and shit gets strange like theirs an hundred arms monster thing in the clock and the big fake fish on the wall come to life and he has to kill he gf at some point does anyone know what movies i'm talking about i cant remember the name
>>
Is It Comes At Night any good? I am going to see it tonight
>>
File: House film poster.jpg (17KB, 220x328px) Image search: [Google]
House film poster.jpg
17KB, 220x328px
>>19202653
House?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWcZTEo3jmw
>>
>>19202705
holly shit that is thanks mate
>>
Starry Eyes was great, looking for more movies about occult rites
>>
What are you guys' thoughts on Willow Creek?

I really enjoyed the movie but didn't find it very scary at all. Surprisingly good acting, I thought the two main characters were likable and believable. Found the ending pretty puzzling and a letdown though.
>>
>>19201156
>A dark song

Fucking fantastic movie. Did you notice how the house became increasingly dilapidated as the story moved on, like even more so than it had right to be? I thought that was a nice touch.

I've actually lived in a place like that. Would not recommend.
>>
>>19201150
>The whole "you can physically hurt the being chasing you" kinda ruined the movie for me.

Me too. Really took away from the creeping inevitability vibe.
>>
>>19205627
Yes, the movie had lots of cool subtleties.
I liked how it was about the characters and their relationship most of the time though. The whole premise of being "locked up" with a complete stranger (who happens to be a dick) but still doing it voluntarily all whole enduring torture like rituals was a brilliant premise that was very well executed.
The setting was beatiful too. The nature around the house felt so cold and lifeless all the time and there were some amazing vistas/panorama shots.

And on top we got some good spooks here and there. I can only recommend it.
>>
>>19205836
The wide-angle shot of the sky over the countryside and the tiny, almost insignificant car traveling across is one of the more subtly conveyed Lovecraftian allusions I've seen in a while.

That and the "redacted material" - really did a good job of selling the vibe of "there might be rules here, but you don't know them."
>>
"Life" is pretty good. One of the better sci-if/horror I've seen lately.
>>
>>19205990
it's just a bunch of people getting beaten up by a squid
>>
>>19206535
The way it feeds is suitably horrific.
>>
/r/ movies similar to '' In The Mouth of Madness ''. The atmosphere this film is 10/10.
>>
>>19192970
Try Annabelle, one of the best horrors I've seen
>>
>>19201237
the 2013 one is better
>>
>>19200857
Marebito was enjoyable. It hit that really unnerving J-Horror vein pretty hard during the underground scenes.>>19201003

I would also recommend Kairo for another good Japanese movie.
>>
>>19206666
I was hoping that we'd see more of its initial feeding pattern - when it dissolves the rat. The implication that it was doing something similar to its first human victim's stomach is creepy, but having him just fold over or 'deflate' would have been a really scary effect.

It's other direct kill is just rabid and violent. Little to think about.

It was an okay monster movie. There was a significant dip once the alien grew an uninspired face.
>>
>>19195316
>>19196212
>They Look Like People
Great choice. Tense, freaky, and surprisingly feels-y.
>>
The Abyss, I enjoyed the movie anyhow.
>>
>>19204614
I thought it was interesting that it was practically a shot for shot remake of Blair Witch Project, and better in every way. Wouldn't recommend it though due to lack of originality.
>>
>The house of the devil
>>
File: 1488131995654.png (691KB, 1440x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488131995654.png
691KB, 1440x600px
>>19192970
I really liked The Autopsy of Jane Doe
>>
>>19193030
Love Dawn of the Dead and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but I think the remakes of both were good movies in their own right.
>>
>>19193060
HAHA it was so horrible oh god
>>
Stop recommending The Conjuring to people it's fucking jumpscare garbage and probably the worst exorcism film ever just because Deliver Us From Evil is so bad it works as a comedy spoof.
>>
>>19193030
Edgy hipster faggot list. Literally just listing movies that are conventionally seen as "classics" but aren't scary in the least nowadays. Except Martyrs which is quite unsettling.
>>
>>19195316
>tfw bought the Ouija 2-pack @ local walmart
>totally surprised at how much better the sequel was than the first

man, that first Ouija movie sucked ass
>>
>>19211070
Gummo is pretty good.
>>
>>19211449
But it's not really a horror movie, my Brazilian namefag.
>>
>>19212165
It's super weird, but I guess you're right.
>>
>>19197189
God that movie was fucked. The way the things would wear your skin but it didn't fit quite right.
>>
>>19211158
do i have to watch the first one to understand the 2?
>>
>>19192970
The Grifter
>>
There is an image posted in spooky image threads that is black and white that is of a woman in an old white dress, sitting in a chair with blacked out eyes and reminiscent of a photo in "More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark". Does anyone know the name of that movie? Thanks, anons.
>>
>>19212510
Found it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begotten_(film)
>>
>>19207134
Carpenter's got a style pretty similar to Wes Craven. Try Serpent and the Rainbow.
>>
>>19212480
Not at all, thank God
>>
>>19202086
this one?

Posession of Michael King
Shutter (thai version)
Paranormal activity 3 (only decent one imo)
Rec 1+2 (spanish version)
Martyrs
Conjuring 2
The Fourth Kind
Inside
Them
Devil
The Wailing
Goodnight Mommy
The Collector
House of the Devil
Witch
Cabin in the woods (not scary but great)
Audition
Descent
30 Days of night (solid vampire movie)
Here comes the Devil
Bone Tomahawk (not horror but good movie)
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Devils Pass
Orphan

Worst horror ive ever seen: The Inkeepers
>>
Not to sound like a fag but are there any good scary movies on Hulu or Netflix?
>>
Girl i like is coming over to watch movies,
Any recommendations
Donnie darko, the thing, evil dead
Are what im thinking
>>
>>19213304
Ah, I had sex for the first time during the credits of Evil Dead. Perfect choice, anon.
>>
>>19213574
Donnie Darko saw this movie with his girlfriend
>>
Night of the Demon, aka Curse of the Demon. (Night was the original British version; about 10 minutes were trimmed for the US market's Curse -- a few of the trims were well-chosen, but most were not. Some good material was lost in the editing. Although the shorter American version was not *ruined* by the edits, it is, on the whole, a lesser work than the longer British original.)

Night of the Demon is well-written, well-acted, well-directed (Jacques Tourneur), above-average old school horror movie, with several nice creepy scenes, and a wonderfully played villain, by Niall McGuinness as Karswell. The story turns on a confrontation between a very successful occult leader, Karswell, and a skeptical scientst, played by Dana Andrew. Truly scrumptious Peggy Cummins does a fine job with the romantic lead.

I'm an oldfag. It would pain me to think that youngfags didn't get much or very little from a fine old picture like this.
>>
>>19213574
Opening or closing credits? It's important.
>>
>>19213990
Closing credits
>>
>>19195316
>[REC]
Not so scary but man, i really liked the firt two.
>>
>>19201091
I got your feeling, poorly made movies give you a sense of dread that you can't replicate unless you are there, in the cespool of humanity that used to make direct to video horror.
>>
>>19195539
No. It's fantasy.
>>
>>19195539
Its more of a surreal kind of terror, when I watched it the first time it felt like what dreams feel like to remember

probably not a very good description but its kind of like the stuff that happens in nightmares that would never happen in real life but is so similar that I cant really discern the reality of it while asleep, I get that kind of nightmare very often
>>
>>19200768
The only thing scary about that movie is how the credits jump scare you. Gummo is just a really weird, good movie.
>>
>>19192970
Conjuring 2 sucked ass imo

>They Look Like People
>Blair Witch Project
>Cloverfield
>Alien (ayy lmao)
>Babadook
>>
>>19214079
Fuck yes [REC] 1 and 2
Best "Found Footage" movies
3 and 4 didn't happen.
>>
File: 18loshgv4vddpjpg.jpg (48KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18loshgv4vddpjpg.jpg
48KB, 800x450px
>>19201294
>The Borderlands
Well, now that one of my recommendations was given, I guess I'll list The Innkeepers.
>>
>>19192970
Dog Soldiers
An American Werewolf in London

keep this thread up
>>
Magic (1978) starring Anthony Hopkins. Not paranormal per se, but a pretty good and creepy psychological horror/thriller about a ventriloquist who loses his shit.
>>
The Sixth Sense (1998) - Still a creepy ghost film, IMO.

The Devil Rides Out (1968) - One of the later Hammer films starring Christopher Lee and Charles Gray (the narrator from Rocky Horror Picture Show). It's about demonic cultists.

'salem's Lot (1979) - Vampire miniseries based on the Stephen King novel.

Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue aka Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (1974) Gory colour zombie film, pre-dating Romero's Dawn of the Dead. Creepy as all hell, in parts.
>>
Serial Experiments Lain (1998) - neither a movie scary or live action(anime) at least to me but fought id post for anyone into heavy sureal/abstract stuff just watched a bit ago pretty good
>>
>>19193060
its scary if you believe its real like people did when it first came out

once you know its fake its laughable
>>
>>19200317
>Is not mandatory to like Lake Mungo, but most people to call it trash is people whose attention span is too short

I have watched all vhs
all paranormal craptivities
the tunnel
noroi
blairwitch old and new
REC
exorcist( the found footage one)
and many more.
Lake mungo is absolute the worst movie ever made. By a large wide grand canyon margin.
>>
>>19212870
Yes. Nice one
>>
lake mungo seems to be unanimously hated on here.
I'm not here to defend it because all in all, it is a shit movie

However, that one clip they play from the recovered Nokia is arguabely the creepiest thing I have seen from any movie. even when I played it for a friend it creeped me out and I knew what to expect. I wouldn't recommend the movie but it's a shame that so many people will miss out on that 20 seconds of horror movie gold.
>>
>>19216412
This is what I'm talking about for anyone interested. Still gets me even now

https://youtu.be/jPZ1OfAbGL8
>>
File: horror1.jpg (635KB, 1138x1465px) Image search: [Google]
horror1.jpg
635KB, 1138x1465px
>>19215848
VHS 1-2 were both so good
all the variety and how it hit all my favorite subjects

By far my favorite genre is horror anthologies,
>Tales of Terror
>Creepshow (cant recommend this enough, Skip CS 3 though)
>The Night Gallery
>Trilogy of Terror
>Body Bags
>Asylum (1972)
>Twilight Zone/ TZ Movie
>Tales from the Crypt (Movie)

Some others I liked, not necessarily horror but still paranormal I suppose
>Arrival
>Pontypool
>The Mist
>Splinter
>>
>>19217635

Nothing essential about this fucking list. "Atmospheric horror" is such a retarded way to describe a movie. What do The Descent, Session 9 (which is SHIT btw) or Suspiria have in common?
>>
>>19215848
>Lake mungo is absolute the worst movie ever made. By a large wide grand canyon margin.
You're pretty retarded, bud.
>>
>>19217912
They are atmospheric. Duh.
>>
Something scarier or in the vibe like Banshee Chapter?
>>
>>19196212
>Kill List
>They Look Like People
so underrated. Thank you.

Everyone already know The Void, Dark Song and The Witch are good, so there's no need to harp.
>>
>>19209489
This was a good one.

The Black Coat's Daughter was another good one, from a kind of unusual perspective.
>>
>>19195316
Man, Drag Me to Hell was fucking dope.

Never in my life have I been so amused at watching her go through all that shit and have it turn out totally useless. Top stuff.
>>
>>19220183
Obviously not everyone knows they're good if I said they were recent favorites of mine. meaning I've recently just seen them. not everyone has seen every horror movie ever. which is why we have these threads.
>>
>>19201156
>pontypool
just like mgsv
>>
>>19209489
the first half, anyway
>>
File: nope.jpg (76KB, 800x824px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
76KB, 800x824px
Only real spoopy movies are Blairwitch Project (1st part)
and Paranormal Activity 1 and maybe 2
>prove me wrong faggts

Apollo 18 is ok, i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oT6wyO7Vmg

Also any other "found footage" recommendations?
>>
>>19192970
Train to Busan was great
>>
>>19220481
This is /x/. You're late to the party. Que the /b/-tard acting like The Big Lebowski or Fight Club is some profound gift to man.
>>
File: image.jpg (431KB, 1013x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431KB, 1013x1500px
If you are really into occult shit, then I can't stress enough how great this movie is. Pic related

The bar has been so low for horror flicks that maybe a couple a year are ok to good. Well this one is good.

Check it out
>>
>>19193652
And even then, stuff like The Exorcist loses a lot of its strenght nowadays just by virtue of having some clearly dated effects.

Also exorcisms are not scary, but I guess there are people who're deathly afraid of them.
>>
>>19196723
>Silent Hill
I thought everyone hated that movie, but I'm pleasantly surprised.
I actually really liked it, they got the atmosphere and the look of the place really well. You do notice that some stuff was added just to appease the fans/studio (respectively PH and the scenes with the father), but it really wasn't bad as far as video game movie adaptations go.

And the music they used works perfectly well with the one from the games.

I mean, I liked it. But Revelation should burn.
>>
File: photo_06.jpg (340KB, 726x1024px) Image search: [Google]
photo_06.jpg
340KB, 726x1024px
>>19201294
Trollhunter is one of the best found-footage movies I've ever watched.
It's really well done and while it isn't straight-up horror, it does have a few scary moments. Really recommended.
>>
you GUYS
>the evil within
this film is super weird
its like a mix of I Am A Ghost and Friday bc the almost b-movie animation
still watching. kinda super fucked up.
>>
Are there any good horror tv shows you would recommend?
>>
just end it!
thx 4channers again for a great movie recomendation!
>a dark song
based on the abramelin ritual.
dat place made me thought on the bolenskine house. middle of nowhere with a lake near it.
>>
>>19213963
Yes, and it's referenced in a Kate Bush song.

Another oldie, not a great version but at least it's free. The Haunting, 1963

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNo_M7YrkI8
>>
File: 1470994313925.png (187KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470994313925.png
187KB, 640x480px
>return of the living dead 1
>return of the living dead 2
>return of the living dead 3

these are the scariest movies of all time. prove me wrong. oh and I guess the original amnitey ville horror

>tfw when you prove yourself wrong
>>
Just watched A Dark Song tonight. Definitely not what I was expecting. I thought it was alright. Great atmosphere and camera work. The score was great.
>>
The only horrors I enjoyed were House, Audition, Session 9, and Jacob's Ladder.
Horror movies like to involve mentally ill people. I wonder how that affects how we treat actually mentally ill people
>>
>>19227923
DID YOU SEE THE YODA AND BEETLEJUICE CAMEO?
>>
>>19224888
twin peaks(ive only seen the og, but ppl i trust say the new one is amazing), channel 0, twilight zone(obv) and the mist are all great.
>>
Mars attack
>>
>>19227989
>Jacob's Ladder
Mai nigga.
>>
>>19195316
I like your tastes anon, thanks.
>>
>>19197216
>>19197216
Agree with The Descent. The subtle appearances of the creatures before they were actually discovered by the girls is great subtle "Did I actually see that" type horror. Especially because the music doesn't go DUUUNDEUN DUUUN! everytime it happens.

I also really appreciate the way the director handled the lighting, not using stage lighting to illuminate things that normally wouldn't be. Instead he relied on flashlights and later, flares for the lighting and the atmosphere is strengthened because of it.

Side note, they went with a different director for the second one and he fucked with all of the nice shit I just said about the first one so fuck it and fuck him.

Finally, the original had two different endings. I forget which one it was, but the extended one is melancholy, with some awful implications that I enjoyed entertaining well after the movie ended.

Solid movie, see it if you haven't. Keep an eye out for what I said. (Also yeah The Thing is dope)
>>
Some recent horror films I've watched and would recommend:

>The Eyes of My Mother
In this black&white filmed, indie movie - we get to follow the disturbing upbringing of a girl as she transitions into adulthood. I thought it was going to be a slow-burn; but I was enthralled the entire time - plenty of disturbing content and scenarios!

>It Comes at Night
Speaking of slow burners: Another offering from studio A24... If you're not familiar with their stuff - artsy-slow-burners are the best way I can put them. It Comes at Night follows a family during a viral-epidemic. There are a lot of heavily implied events/things that happen throughout this film - so if you like having everything explained to you... This may not be your cup of tea.

>The Belko Experiment
This one is just fun. Period. It got slammed by critics and audiences; but I disagree - I thought it was well-put together and shows you realistically how society works (or doesn't work) in terrible situations. The movie centers around a building full of coworkers whom become trapped and are forced to kill each other for survival. Some of the performances by the actors are incredibly entertaining. I'd watch this one not to be scared; but to philosophically think what I would do in this situation.

>The Cure for Wellness
I loved this one. Yet another film that I don't think got the hate it deserved. The Cure for Wellness centers around a man who works on Wall Street and must fetch one of his bosses from, essentially, a spa - whom they think has gone insane/skirted around his responsibilities. It has almost everything I like - psychological horror, body horror, scary situations, the dark side of humanity, etc. etc. An under-appreciated gem to be sure. The cinematography is wonderful too.
>>
Cont.

>The Void
This one centers around a small town and a small town policeman that takes a victim to a hospital. What he doesn't know is that there are occult forces at work. I found this one to be very entertaining and a throw-back to 80's horror. If you like occult stuff and/or Lovecraft and/or Hellraiser - this movie just might be right up your alley.

Also, bump!
>>
I only come to these threads to suggest Boxing Helena and say: don't read about it, just watch it.
>>
Someone give me some shit that isn't scary or monsters or shit, but just weird and atmospheric.

Like Une Chien Andalou or LSD Dream Emulator. Two really different things but I think you get what I'm going for.
>>
>>19224075

That angel at the end was unnecesary as fuck, but overall a great movie.
>>
>>19229850
Just saw Cure for Wellness. Pretty good. I think I'd watch it again. 8.5/10
>>
Just to keep track, here's a mass list of all the recommendations (1/4):

10 Cloverfield Lane \\ 11/11/11 - The Prophecy \\ 13 Sins \\ 28 Days Later \\ 28 Weeks Later \\ 30 Days Of Night (solid Vampire Movie) \\ 1408 \\ [rec] \\ A Dark Song \\ A House Of Mad Souls \\ A Nightmare On Elm Street \\ A Scanner Darkly \\ A Tale Of Two Sisters \\ A Wicked Ghost \\ A Wicked Ghost 2 \\ A Wicked Ghost 3 \\ Abnormal Beauty \\ Acacia \\ Akeira \\ Ako Kuro \\ Alien \\ Aliens \\ Alive \\ All Night Long \\ All Night Long 2 \\ Alone \\ Altered States \\ American Mary \\ American Psycho \\ Anatomy \\ Andy Sixx's House Of Logs \\ Angel Dust \\ Angel Heart \\ Angulimala \\ Another Heaven \\ Antarctic Journel \\ Anti-viral \\ Apartment \\ Apartment 143 \\ Apartment 1303 \\ Arang \\ Arrival \\ Art Of Devil 3 (long Khong 2) \\ As Above, So Below \\ Asylum (1972) \\ At The Devil's Door \\ Attack The Block \\ Audition \\ August Underground Mordum \\ Bad Biology \\ Bad Ronald \\ Banshee Chapter \\ Barton Fink \\ Baskin \\ Battle Royal \\ Begotten \\ Black Sunday \\ Blue Sunshine \\ Body Bags \\ Bone Tomahawk \\ Borderland \\ Braindead (Dead Alive) \\ Brazil \\ Cabin Fever \\ Cabin In The Woods \\ Camp Sleep Away \\ Candyman \\ Cannibal Holocaust \\ Cigarette Burns \\ Clown \\ Coherence \\ Compliance \\ Conjuring 1 & 2 \\ Contracted \\ Creep \\ Creepshow \\ Creepshow 2 \\ Cube \\ Dark City \\ Dark Water \\ Dawn Of The Dead \\ Dawn Of The Dead (2004) \\ Day Of The Dead \\ Dead Birds \\ Dead Man \\ Dead Noon \\ Dead Set (miniseries) \\ Dead Space \\ Deep Red \\ Demolition Man \\ Descent \\ Detention \\ Devil \\ Devil's Backbone \\ Devil's Pass \\ Devils Candy \\ Diary Of The Dead \\ Dolls \\ Don't Look Now \\ Drag Me To Hell \\ Eden Lake
>>
cont. (2/4)

El O Fortunado \\ Eraserhead \\ Event Horizon \\ Evil Dead \\ Existenz \\ Fido \\ Flesh Freaks \\ Frankenhooker \\ Friday The 13th \\ Fright Night \\ Funny Games \\ Gangs Of The Dead \\ Goeshi \\ Goodnight Mommy \\ Gozu \\ Grave Encounters \\ Gummo \\ Hair Extensions \\ Halloween \\ Halloween II \\ Halloween III \\ Hard Candy \\ Heavy Metal Zombies \\ Hellraiser \\ Hellraisers \\ Hellsground \\ Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer \\ Here Comes The Devil \\ High Tension \\ Hills Have Eyes \\ Hour Of The Wolf \\ House \\ House Of The Devil \\ House Of Wax \\ I Bury The Living \\ I Saw The Devil \\ I Spit On Your Grave \\ I'm Not A Serial Killer \\ Imprint \\ In The Mouth Of Madness \\ Infection \\ Inside \\ Institute Benjamenta \\ Irreversible \\ Isolation \\ It \\ It Comes at Night \\ It Follows \\ Jacob's Ladder \\ Ju-on \\ Ju-on 2 \\ Kairo \\ Kansen \\ Kill List \\ La Cabina \\ Lake Mungo \\ Land Of The Dead \\ Last House On The Left \\ Last Year In Marienbad \\ Let The Right One In \\ Let's Scare Jessica To Death \\ Lights Out \\ Lost Highway \\ Madhouse \\ Maniac Cop \\ Marebito \\ Martyrs \\ Martyrs 2008 \\ Midnight Meat Train \\ Mirrors \\ Mother's Day - 1980, 2010 \\ Mulholland Drive \\ Mum And Dad \\ Necromentia \\ Night Of The Demon, Aka Curse Of The Demon \\ Night Of The Living Dead \\ Nightbreed \\ Noroi \\ Nosferatu \\ Nuit Noire \\ Old Boy - Korean \\ Omen \\ Opera \\ Orphan \\ Other Side Of The Door \\ Ouija: Origin Of Evil \\ Paperhouse \\ Paprika \\ Paranormal Activity 3 \\ Persona \\ Phantasm \\ Phantasm II \\ Phantasm III \\ Phantasm IV \\ Pi \\ Plan 9 From Outer Space \\ Planet Terror \\ Pontypool \\ Possession Of Michael King
>>
cont. (3/4)

Poultrygeist \\ Premonition - Japanese \\ Pulse - Japanese \\ Quarantine \\ Rabid \\ Rampo Noir \\ Rasen \\ Re-animator \\ Rec 1+2 (spanish Version) \\ Red Eye - Japanese \\ Reincarnation \\ Repo! The Genetic Opera \\ Repulsion \\ Requiem For A Dream \\ Return Of The Living Dead \\ Rosemary's Baby \\ Sakebi \\ Salo \\ Santa Sangre \\ Saw \\ Scanners \\ Se7en \\ Session 9 \\ Seventh Seal \\ Shaun Of The Dead \\ Shocker \\ Shutter (Thai Version) \\ Shutter Isleand \\ Silent Hill \\ Sin City \\ Songs From The Second Floor \\ Splinter \\ Squirm \\ Starry Eyes \\ Stay Alive \\ Strange Circus \\ Sublime \\ Suicide Circle \\ Survival Of The Dead \\ Suspiria \\ Sweet Home \\ Sympathy For Lady Vengance \\ Tales From The Crypt (movie) \\ Tales Of Terror \\ Taxidermia \\ Texas Chainsaw Massacre \\ The Alchemists Cook Book \\ The Autopsy Of Jane Doe \\ The Belko Experiment \\ The Black Coat’s Daughter \\ The Blair Witch Project \\ The Brood \\ The Chair \\ The Collector \\ The Conjuring (1 And 2) \\ The Crazies \\ The Cure for Wellness \\ The Descent \\ The Divide \\ The Earth Dies Screaming \\ The Exorcist \\ The Exorcist III \\ The Eye \\ The Eye – Japanese \\ The Eyes of Laura Mars \\ The Eyes of My Mother \\ The Fly \\ The Fog 1980 \\ The Fourth Kind \\ The Gate \\ The Grudge (2004) \\ The Hamiltons \\ The Happening \\ The Haunted Apartments \\ The Haunting In Connecticut \\ The Host \\ The House Of The Devil \\ The Last Broadcast \\ The Last House On The Left (2009) \\ The Lord Of Illusions \\ The Mist \\ The Mothman Prophecies \\ The Mouth Of Madness \\ The Night Gallery \\ The Ninth Gate \\ The Omen \\ The Orphanage
>>
movies stopped being scary when i was 10. that was 10 years ago.
that being said im down for some good horror movies.
>>
cont. (4/4)

The Possession Of Michael King \\ The Poughkeepsie Tapes \\ The Quick And The Undead \\ The Ring 1 & 2 \\ The Road \\ The Sacrifice \\ The Serpent And The Rainbow \\ The Shining \\ The Skeleton Key \\ The Strangers \\ The Stuff \\ The Taking Of Deborah Logan \\ The Tenant \\ The Thing \\ The Tunnel \\ The Unborn \\ The Uninvited \\ The Void \\ The Wailing \\ The Wicker Man \\ The Witch \\ The Woman In Black \\ The Zombies Next Door \\ Them \\ They Look Like People \\ Thirst \\ Three Extremes \\ Three Extremes 3 \\ Trilogy Of Terror \\ Tusk \\ Twilight Zone/Tz Movie \\ Uzumaki \\ Vanishing \\ Videodrome \\ Visitor Q \\ We Are What We Are \\ White Zombie \\ Willow Creek \\ Wishmaster \\ Witch \\ You, The Living \\ Zodiac \\ Zombie Lake \\ Zombie Nightmare \\ Zombie Strippers
>>
army of darkness will forever be the scariest movie ever made.
>>
>>19209489
she was so fucking sexy.
also called the twist as soon as i seen her
>>
>>19231041
obviously she wasnt a ghost or demon. thought it would be something less used. and thats just the 1 other thing.
>>
>>19222880
Home Movie
>>
>>19228565
I didn't :(
>>
>>19195539
Watch it in the process of your wife being pregnant, then come back to me.
>>
>>19230981
did we really name all these movies in one thread?
>>
>>19232356

Those are all of the combined recommendations from this thread, a previous one, and the ones from the stickied recommendations dump.
>>
The Thing
Alien
The Blob (remake)
The Mist
Audition
The Decent
28 Days Later
The Fly (remake)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Some of my favorites. Still need to see It Follows since I hear good things. Most modern day Horror movies are fucking absolute trash (Insidious/Conjuring)
>>
>>19232406
Deep Rising and Deep Blue Sea were fucking great underwater films
>>
>>19231012
>Uzumaki
overrated
>>
File: BansheeChapterFilmPoster.jpg (19KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
BansheeChapterFilmPoster.jpg
19KB, 214x317px
Just watched Banshee Chapter.

It's not *terrible* by any stretch, but it definitely suffers from an abundance of jumpscares, and most Lovecraft fans are going to find it fairly predictable. It's worth checking out for sure, but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it as some have here.
>>
File: Gummoposter.jpg (159KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
Gummoposter.jpg
159KB, 300x425px
I can also vouch for "Gummo." Don't go in expecting a straight-up horror flick, but it's definitely chock-full with its own kind of disturbing.

It's like a contemporary "Lord of the Flies." I wasn't a huge fan of that book, but this film did a great job conveying similar ideas. Definitely more like a social or societal horror.
>>
>>19234620
>those kids at the beginning
>those kids pretending to kill Bunny Boy
>midget nigger sex
>I love my little Rooster
>>
>>19201294
>The Babadook
I was pleasantly surprised with this one too. The premise of the stressed out single mom with a problem child (or is he?) who descends into madness works well.
>>
File: trash humpers.jpg (29KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
trash humpers.jpg
29KB, 525x700px
>>19234620
You should be ashamed for putting Harmony Korine's work alongside the schlock that is horror. You didn't even choose his movie that is kind of supposed to be a horror movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCjYRd43tpw

This man makes ART. Go watch ALL his movies.
>>
>>19234620
>>19235144
Nobody can encapsulate the bizarre and horrifying nature of American white trash like Korine.
>>
File: 1232140670_fido.jpg (92KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
1232140670_fido.jpg
92KB, 1024x819px
Pretty good, it has zombies so
>>
>>19234611
did you watch it when blame truth streamed it?
>>
File: 20804-2636-23204-1-ghost-rider.jpg (45KB, 400x605px) Image search: [Google]
20804-2636-23204-1-ghost-rider.jpg
45KB, 400x605px
Some of these aren't scary nowadays but all are quality movies that are worth watching

The Exorcist
The Thing
Halloween
Jacobs Ladder
The Shining
Surprisia
Blair Witch Project
Evil Dead 1 & 2 (3 good not really horror though)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Taking of Deborah Logan
In the Mouth of Madness
Prince of Darkness
Lake Mungo
Babadook
Woman in Black
Nightmare on Elm Street
Wes Cravens New Nightmare
Hellraiser 1 & 2

There's more but that should be plenty at this point
>>
>>19193691
The braying retard character ruined the film for me. God damn he was like fingernails down a chalkboard.

Glad he dies at the end.
>>
Anyone knows this shark movie where they use the submarine to kill the shark? Also theres this guy who jump in the water but then the shark ate him
>>
File: images.jpg (80KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
80KB, 720x1080px
Pic related is my favorite horror movie in recent memory, maybe ever.
>>
I watched Pandorum recently and I really liked it. More sci-fi than horror tho
>>
>>19217912
I can't understand how anyone would like session 9, or think it's scary, that movie is utter trash
>>
Bump this
>>
Most of these may not be scary scary, but they're all top tier movies that are horror or have horror elements:

Black Christmas
The Thing (most Carpenter is /x/)
The Fly (most Cronenberg is /x/)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (I like the 70s one better, but both are good)
Eyes without a Face
Mulholland Drive (most Lynch is /x/)
The Honeymoon Killers
Alien
The Vanishing
Funny Games
Don't Look Now
The Face of Another
Peeping Tom
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Dogtooth
We Need to Talk about Kevin
Santa Sangre (Jodorowsky is all /x/ all the time)
Heavenly Creatures
City of Lost Children
Under the Skin
>>
>>19240889
I hate Aliens.

I said Alien.
>>
>>19240898
Great until Alien

there
>>
>>19240914
k
>>
Is Small Soldiers horror?
>>
>>19238374
Agreed. Very good film for understanding religious beliefs in colonial America. The frontier is a scary place.
>>
>>19202673
Did you like it anon?
>>
File: 1492489669500.jpg (92KB, 960x816px) Image search: [Google]
1492489669500.jpg
92KB, 960x816px
>>19193030

This is such a tryhard list. This was the kind of shit I would have listed back when I was sixteen and trying to impress all of my friends with how HARDCORE I was, and that I was totally into movies that they had never heard of and would never watch!!1! XDDD

Your few good picks:
>Hellraiser
>I Saw the Devil (not scary, but good nonetheless)
>The Thing

You forgot to mention how much you love Begotten, you preteen pretentious faggot.
>>
movies i watched:
the visit - pretty dumb, good initial twist

a dark song - I didn't like it, not much to say

as above, so below - not scary or remarkable but interesting enough nonetheless

the wailing - I thought this was awesome. Well shot, well acted, compelling and interesting plot apart from a couple scenes.
>>
>>19242911
forgot to say, rec me movies please
>>
>>19193074
>If you are a newcomer
Well, I'm so to say what movies are good horror in yout opinion?
I like things like
>The Ruins
>The Descent
>Life
>The Hills have eyes
>>
>>19243025
Don't listen to his opinions. He's just a youngin who still thinks that it's cool to hate mainstream horror films. He'll grow up one day.
>>
File: DCEREIqXgAA1G-l.jpg (53KB, 1024x648px) Image search: [Google]
DCEREIqXgAA1G-l.jpg
53KB, 1024x648px
What are some good horror movies y'all would recommend that are currently on Netflix (besides babadook)? Heading to a friend's house and I feel like they'll want to watch something
>>
>>19245243
see>>19236066
>>
>>19242911
What was wrong with a dark song iyo?
>>
>>19242766
IDK senpai, Martyrs was pretty damn good IMO
>>
>>19246198
I can't quite articulate it. I liked the concept and it was executed decently enough I guess I just thought it could have been better. On paper it sounds good, with the way the ritual was handled and those good voice through the door scenes, but I felt it was lackluster. The ending was strangely shot and a bit silly but interesting conceptually. The acting could have been better as well.

I'm still not over the wailing though, that movie was fucking fantastic.
>>
>>19230180
uzumaki
>>
Videodrome

>>19247749
Isn't uzumaki a comic?
>>
>>19192970
why do people love horror movies so much? I dont see the point

I've had actual terrifying experiences like that and I dont see why anyone would want to watch something to try to feel that
>>
>>19247780
Really makes me think
>>
File: the good son.gif (310KB, 454x246px) Image search: [Google]
the good son.gif
310KB, 454x246px
>>19247585
>I'm still not over the wailing though, that movie was fucking fantastic.
(Not that anon but) what did you find so enthralling with The Wailing? I see a lot of praise for it but I didn't feel particularly impressed. Is there some understanding I'm missing that would increase my enjoyment? Do we just have different opinions on what is or isn't good acting/cinematography/etc.?

To further the conversation - is anyone else more entertained by thrillers or mundane horror? I prefer these to supernatural horror often because of the "it could happen" immersion. Obviously most of them are too outlandish to actually happen, but things like The Shining just work better to scare me if I use the idea that there are no ghosts, just a guy going mad.

Or pic related: The Good Son is awesome if you haven't seen it. Nothing scarier than Macaulay Culkin acting like a preteen psychopath.
>>
File: The_Good_Son_(movie_poster).jpg (30KB, 286x425px) Image search: [Google]
The_Good_Son_(movie_poster).jpg
30KB, 286x425px
>>19247871
Oops, that's not the poster.
>>
>>19192970
"Grave Encounters" , dude, you must be 15+ to post here
>>
>>19247871
Probably just a difference of opinion. I'm really fond of the south korean cinema I think they make great films. I thought the wailing was smartly written with a lot of subtle biblical nods and implications. The story was very captivating and I was constantly trying to guess the plot and it was fun seeing it all unfold.

I liked the main guy acting and writing a lot (I think I don't judge the acting as harshly because I don't understand the language or the country's customs). I actually liked the writing/acting of a lot of the characters including the shaman and the japanese guy. The ending was phenomenal and worth the long runtime 100 percent in my opinion. The zombie part was the only thing I considered out of place really. I felt that compared to most of the crap that comes out today it was very refreshing and very competently made/shot.
>>
>>19242766
Remember the hospital scene in Jacob's Ladder? Or the part where he takes the "cure" to the drug they gave him in Vietnam? Those were some intense scenes, even years later.
>>
>>19193030
Hellraiser is edgy cringe shit
>>
SLITHER!!

Hardly ever mentioned, while not hard on horror it retains horror elements with a refreshing dose of humor, gore, and grossly absurd.

Watch it
>>
>>19201294
Bone Tomahawk was amazing
>>
>>19231255
trailer link?

i cant find it
>>
>>19215848
The realization at the end was pretty good but it did feel kinda weak in my opinion it also has things unexplained like why she saw a future vision why she was special in any way?
>>
>>19247876
This holy fuck this scared the shit out of my as a child. I remember watching the VHS with a fiend in the back of a car on the way to Orlando Studios at like 7 good movie 9/10 would recommend .
>>
File: 1490063569662.jpg (7KB, 228x210px) Image search: [Google]
1490063569662.jpg
7KB, 228x210px
>>19193074
>>>19195316
>>19237782

>heuheuh lake mungo is good.
Fuck off, I took your opinions into good faith and just watched it, literally Australian people kvetching about their daughter and a few spooky pictures. TONS of plot holes and half of the spooky shit is debunked by one of the main characters half way through the movie.
>>
>>19197189
>very /x/ material
cause its full of jumpscares
>>
Does Predator classify as a horror movie?
>>
>>19252692
Yes
>>
Zombieland and 28 Days Later were great movies
>>
>>19215780
>Dog Soldiers

A best.
>>
File: H3.jpg (21KB, 200x325px) Image search: [Google]
H3.jpg
21KB, 200x325px
I've always liked the atmosphere of Halloween III. Really enjoy watching this one around the Halloween season. Not for everybody, but anything related to the occult and witchcraft always catches my interest.
>>
>>19198168
mein neger
>>
>>19193030
>House of logs
why you little
>>
they look like people 6/10
the banshee chapter 4/10
a dark song 8/10
the belko experiment 6/10
>>
>>19249848
Everything is edgy and cringe shit to all thin skinned babies today, give me a horror movie that is not edgy and cringy.
>>
Anyone saw that movie about a female killer robot?
>>
>>19193074
>>19201127
>>19251865

Ugh fuck Lake Mungo. That was the most boring piece of shit I ever witnessed, and I was really disappointed in everyone on /x/ who recommended it so highly.
>>
File: shit.jpg (18KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
18KB, 214x317px
>>19238336
Thanks for nothing /x/ i found it
>>
File: fuck that shit.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
fuck that shit.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
anyone here seen "the strain"?
some episodes are just pure action
some are just drama
and some are just pure fucking scare
del toro made it so the "vampires" (not called that in show) look absolutely fucked
they also had to take pic related down from posters because it scared the fuck out of small children
>>
>>19253028
Can't wait for "Tales for a Halloween Night" that Carpenter is working on for Netflix.
>>
>>19256117
Wish it was just a movie
>>
>>19256117
Why are children such fags nowadays?
>>
>>19258269
to be fair i gag whenever i look to long at it
i cant imagine seeing a worm burrowing out of a womens eye is quite appealing esspecially when your at a bus stop mcdonalds(yep they were there where people were eating food) and your local shopping center
>>
>>19208086
>I would also recommend Kairo for another good Japanese movie.
Just watched, i did not understand it wtf its creepy tho
>>
>>19192970

>Babadook
>Goodnight mommy
>lights out
>gallows hill
>rings
>annabelle
>blair witch project 1999 (even the sequel)
>the witch
>the canal
>the devils doll
>hide and seek 2005
>the texas chainsaw massacre
>REC 2007
>The grudge
>the damned
>EVil dead
>sinister
>Paranormal activity
>the uninvited
>>
>>19258858
>Paranormal activity
nah
>>
>>19192970
THE TOP TEN

Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens - F. W. Murnau - 1922
Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari aka The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari - Robert Wiene - 1922
The Phantom of the Opera - Rupert Julian - 1925
Frankenstein - J. Searle Dawley - 1910
Häxan aka Häxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages - Benjamin Christensen** - 1922 (tied 5th)
Un Chien Andalou - Luis Buñuel - 1929 (tied 5th)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Wallace Worsley - 1923
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - John S. Robertson - 1920
Faust - F.W. Murnau - 1926
The Cat and the Canary - Paul Leni - 1927
The Man Who Laughs - Paul Leni - 1928
London After Midnight - Todd Browning - 1927
Der Golem, wie er in die Welt kam aka The Golem - Carl Boese & Paul Wegener - 1920 (tied 12th)
La chute de la maison Usher aka The Fall of the House of Usher - Jean Epstein - 1928 (tied 12th)
The Haunted Castle - Georges Méliès - 1896
The Execution of Mary Stuart - Alfred Clark - 1895 (tied 14th)
Orlac’s Hände aka The Hands of Orlac - Robert Wiene - 1921 (tied 14th)
Wolf Blood - George Chesebro - 1925 (tied 14th)
The Haunted House - Segundo de Chomón - 1908 (tied 15th)
Körkarlen aka The Phantom Carriage - Victor Sjöström - 1921 (tied 15th)
Das Wachsfigurenkabinett aka Waxworks - Leo Birinsky & Paul Leni - 1924
Homunculus - Otto Rippert - 1916
The Sealed Room - D.W. Griffith - 1909
The Bells - James Young - 1926
Midnight Faces - Bennett Cohen - 1926
Kurutta ippêji aka A Page of Madness - Teinosuke Kinugasa - 1926
>>
>>19258858
>the canal

MOTHERFUCKING YES
>>
>>19192970
Scariest movies I've seen (or which disturbed me the most)

>Saló
>The Shining
>Martyrs
>Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer
>The Exorcist
>Kidnapped (2010)
>August Underground (the whole thing)
>>
The only movie I ever really liked enough to make particular note of was The Ring.
I liked it because it wasn't just dumb shock value jump scare after jump scare. The video was genuinely disturbing, and it FORCED you to watch it. It happened slowly. Which I think makes the scare a billion times better than half a second of "Oh fuck, there was a thing that just appeared out of nowhere, but my fear is gone now immediately."

So, anyone have any recs for movies like that? That force you to watch the scary as it slowly happens? Not 0.3 seconds of scare and then an hour more of movie?
>>
File: Lo_(film).jpg (14KB, 211x317px) Image search: [Google]
Lo_(film).jpg
14KB, 211x317px
I quite liked this movie, not horror but has occult stuff in it.
>>
>>19260822
The Visit
>>
>>19259943
Fag
>>
>>19192970
Session 9 was the last horror movie that creeped me out and has stuck with me. All the recent horror movies nothing really stands out to me. I love the type of horror that just builds up to OH MY GOD NOOOOO. and anything HP Lovecraft inspired. If only somebody would make a really good Lovecraft movie. sigh.
>>
Children of the corn should be rebooted instead of Stephen King's IT
>>
>>19255923
Just watched it tonight, we mustve gotten rused by some aussie shitposters. One of the most boring movies ive ever seen. Most of the spooky stuff was disproven as fake in the movie itself which borderline ruined it

The best part of the while movie was that one girl at the poolside's huge tits
>>
File: 1.jpg (83KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
83KB, 540x960px
>>19259943
>hipster fag detected
>>
So which's the best horror movie ever made?
>>
>>19262465
OR Or or he's a really old guy
>>
>>19262540
Lake Mungo
>>
never say never this is it nuf said
>>
>>19263229
?????
>>
>>19263279
on a scale of 9/11 how retarded are you
>>
>>19192970
Im interested in 1900s movies about satanism
>>
>>19263286
>Got em
top banter xDDD
>>
>>19262551
My god I feel so terrible, in that case I'm sorry old fag.
And, I appreciate your effort and admire your taste. Have a good one old pal.
>>
File: creeper.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
creeper.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>No Jeepers Creepers
I don't think I've ever seen a B-movie monster that was so goddamn terrifying to me on a conceptual level, an aerial predator that can rip through wood and steel to get to you, then take parts of you as its own.
>>
>>19263632
Wait for it...!
>>
I don't really watch a lot of horror movies anymore, but here you go.

>The Thing (1982)
> Alien
>The Fly
>The People Under the Stairs
>The Conjuring 2
>Annabelle
>The Exorcist
>The Ring (2002)
>Ju-On (Japanese version)
>Nosferatu (1922)
>The Reanimator
>>
>>19196223
I never knew they made "I'm not a serial killer" into a movie. I read that book back when I was like 13.
>>
>>19253293

never heard of it nor can i find it. anny idea where to?
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.