[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your midichlorian count?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Luke-Skywalker-Use-the-Force.jpg (36KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
Luke-Skywalker-Use-the-Force.jpg
36KB, 500x200px
Have you ever believed in the concept that people innately have different "midichlorian counts" or "law of attraction skills" to will events/outcomes to happen?
>>
>>19191927

No, the Law of Attraction is readily available to all. The only advantage one can have is getting to grips with it quicker than others, but that's more of a mindset than anything else.
>>
File: over-9000-4-vegeta-over.jpg (61KB, 496x370px) Image search: [Google]
over-9000-4-vegeta-over.jpg
61KB, 496x370px
Darth Vader 27000
Yoda 17000
Luke Skywalker 15000
Obi-Wan Kenobi 13400
Mine Over 9000!!!
>>
>>19191927
this is stupid, George Lucas even agrees that "midichlorians" is a stupid concept. obi-wan says "the force is an energy field created by all living things. midichlorians are supposedly in the body tissue, in cells used to manipulate matter. So in itself, right there, you already have a conflict. it was just used as a unit of measurement to show how much more powerful Anakin was compared to the other kids (to help explain his place in the prophecy as "the chosen one")
>/thread
>>
File: MIKE .png (167KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
MIKE .png
167KB, 300x347px
>>19191969
No?
The force was biological from day one.
>My father has it, I have it. my sister has it

Fuck off Mike.
>>
>>19191927
>midichlorian counts
about 5000, I can stare at most people an somehow they will mess up some sort of action they are doing.
>>
>>19191967
What about the last geryatric dude?
>>
>>19191969
This.
The mythology isn't self consistent.
>>
>>19193771
see
>>19193667

The force was ALWAYS biological.
>>
>>19191969
>>19193667
>>19193771
>>19193798
Meant to say genetic. The Force was always GENETIC.

Passed down through families. Anakin to Luke etc...
>>
>>19193798
>>19193804
Maybe so, and honestly it wouldn't detract from the story either way, it's just clumsy the way it was presented.
>>
>>19191969
an energy and a organism able to change that energy does not create conflict

the force is energy, but most aliens can't do anything with it. the midi bugs can, but are symbiotic with the host body allowing them to work with the micro bug to manipulate that energy

people who say "/thread" know they have a weak argument, they just don't want to hear it
>>
File: ackchyually.png (21KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
21KB, 700x700px
>>19193819
>it's just clumsy the way it was presented.
Not at all.
The only talking point for it being clumsy is that it "is there to differentiate Anakin to the audience with a number".

1. there's nothing wrong with that in presentation
2. it makes sense in-universe, the Jedi would have to have a way to test infants, and we see in the movie that even among masters force attunement varies wildly, making sensing purely through the force uneven and unreliable.

I really don't think prequel haters have many valid complaints.
>>
>>19193835
Those are reasonable arguments.
It's just that in 4, 5, and 6 the jedi talk about the force like it has agency of some sort on it's own, and never mention the midichlorians. Then all of a sudden it's like well actually they need these little bugs to interact with it.
>>
>>19193878
They never mention them by name, but they constantly imply force that powered bloodline=inherited force ability.
>>
>>19193888
*that force
>>
>>19193888
True dat.
Is it ever explained in any of the cannon how the midichlorians work or why they're needed to interact with a universal Force?
>>
>>19193895
In one of the final arcs of The Clone Wars, Yoda goes on a kind of spirit quest and manifestations of the cosmic force tell him a bit about the nature of the force.
>>
>>19193916
The cartoon series?
>>
>>19193928
Yeah, the early seasons are shit, but four fix and especially season 6 have some movie quality stuff.
>>
>>19193835
In a setting where the force isn't a forgotten religion, supressed by an oppressive government, you need some kind of plot device to explain why everyone isn't making use of the force.
>>
>>19193934
*four, five and especially six
>>
>>19193935
?
Not sure I see what you're getting at, but if it's what I THINK you're saying, that you think anyone could use the force in the OT if they trained(?) then no.
Because the force was always a bloodline thing.
>>
>>19193950
Right, but that had to be set in stone in the prequels, because they couldn't get away with writting it that only a tiny minority have knowledge of what the force is.
>>
>>19193974
I can't tell which "side" of the issue you are on so I hesitate to post a response.
>>
>>19193995
I don't think there's anything wrong with midichlorians. There had to be some concrete explanation as to why some people can use the force and some can't. Now, maybe it didn't have to be weird microscopic bugs, and maybe they could have left it at something vague like "force sensitivity is determined by blood", but I wont split hairs over that.
>>
I think midichlorian count is a lot like IQ. Just because your number is higher than someone else's didn't mean you can't still be outsmarted by them, or in this case, beaten in combat by them.
>>
>>19194010
I see. Good opinion.

>>19194013
Yup, and this is proven when Anakin's hubris makes him get butchered by a guy with a way lower Midi count
>>
>>19191927
no, because life is not star wars.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.