[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Soulmates Exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: soul.jpg (204KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
soul.jpg
204KB, 800x533px
Well, that's my question. I have two stories that make me believe they might. That there might be one person out there you're "destined" to be with.
First:
>Sophomore year of high school, have a dream
>This dream happened early in the school year, but in my dream it was testing season, so about May.
>After all the tests, there's this big get-together in my cafeteria. Thing is, it's the cafeteria of the middle school I moved away from in 6th grade.
>Lots of pizza, afterwards I walk out onto this bridge that looks like the big covered bridge in the Harry Potter movies
>Just looking off the edge into the forest below when I feel something tap me bum
>Turn around to see a girl I've never seen before. Black hair swept over the front in a kind of "scene" look cropped just above her shoulders, dark eyes, eyelashes, and eyebrows
>She smiles, asks when I'm coming back inside
>I follow her back in

I'll post the second dream in a few. Until then, who has had similar experiences?
>>
>>19190097
Yeah, I've had dreams before anon.
>>
File: red.jpg (88KB, 489x620px) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
88KB, 489x620px
>>19190097
Second dream happened last Summer, about a week after my first breakup.
>I'm walking with someone at night outside of what looks like a mall
>Can't remember much of the surroundings, just remember there was a lot of artificial blue light, and some neon signs for stores or whatever
>Start to have a lighthearted argument with the girl I'm walking with
>Hear her say "hey, we're starting to sound like an old married couple, aren't we?"
>I look over to her
>It's the same girl from the dream Sophomore year that I'd only thought about a few times since
>She's exactly the same, apart from shorter hair styled like the girl in the picture but still black

>I haven't seen anyone resembling her since, either IRL or online.

So, what does it mean? Did my brain create someone to make me feel better in my loneliest times? Or am I really "fated" to be with this stranger?
>>
>>19190097
Nope, say that someone is your soulmate and you expose yourself to being under the thumb of an entity and possibly living yet another life on this Earth for attaching yourself to them.
>>
>>19190137
>autism
>>
>>19190130
The former
>>
>>19190143
Don't believe me, I probably stopped you from finding out for yourself, thus expanding and extending my lives on this Earth, but I'm fine with that.
>>
>>19190097
I had a similar experience, even to the hair color. Woke up with a certainty that I would meet this person. That was in 1987. She never appeared. My advice to you, don't take this sort of thing seriously.
>>
I have had dreams about people and then met them in real life.
>>
>>19190097
Ive had the same thing happen to me anon she was so perfect i almost cried when i woke up
>>
The magic of it I think is love transcends all ground. Ever heard of Synchronicty? Due to a oneness with a Divine Being, two events with are temporally unrelated can become acausally related. Carl Jung used the example of a woman dreaming about finding a golden scarab, and to his surprise, knocking at his window during the therapy session was a scarab beetle(which are relatively rare). Sometimes I think destiny takes over the mundane and some things are just meant to be.
>>
File: uYY9UuY.jpg (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
uYY9UuY.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
Buddy, it's just a dream. Even if it's not, what are your options? Let's go through two scenarios and what is in your power:

Scenario A. The dream is a certain manifestation of a force which's purpose is to get you and this "soul-mate" together. Lucky you! So, What should you do then? Dedicate your entirety to the search of this person? Quit your job, education, and drop out of society in general for the sole purpose of dedicating as much time as you can to this "search? I don't know. What would you do if you found this person? Would she magically make you the self you envision you could be? Would she get rid of all your problems? What if she's just someone like you and me? What if she thinks you're the answer to her problems? Would you be? What if it doesn't work out?

Scenario B: It's totally just a dream. Dreams happen. Life as usual. What could you do? Well, not much right?

If you still want to believe that this may be something more than a dream, while keeping yourself grounded in reality, you have an option. Be the best person you can be. It's that simple. If soul-mates are real, and you are destined to eventually meet this peeson, you will be ready, and you will be enough. If, in the orher hand, this was just a dream, then what did you lose? You already lived what life could offer you.

Go out there man. Do cool shit.

(I'll gladly take anyone's (You)s)
>>
>>19190161
Not him but what do you exactly mean by "expanding and extending my lives on this earth?"
Genuinely curious on this thought my friend.
>>
>>19190301

The soulmate in mine granted me superpowers, but how real everything felt was what got me. She kissed me and I felt absolute fucking bliss. I swear I could feel her arms wrapped around mine.

We did fuck (in the dream) but she told me we could never actually be together. I think I spent 30 minutes just sitting there after I wrote that dream down trying not to fucking cry.
>>
>>19190130
You got some bad taste
>>
>>19190097
Mate, don't torture yourself like that. The dream is just an unconscius manifestation of what you want, not a premonition.

You will meet a lot of people throughout your life, you will love many of them, don't close yourself to possibilities just because you're waiting for "destiny" to happen.
>>
>>19190509
Same guy as before.

The mind is a very powerful thing man. I've had powerful dreams too, and they totally have an effect on you. But you got to realize, they are just dreams. Are your nightmares real? They feel real, but they are not (unless you think like the typical /x/ fag). They are just dreams man, and even if they are not, how could you know? Again, what can you do?
>>
>>19190554
this
>>
>>19190518
Lmao it was just the hair type. I think that girl's a qt though, you don't?
>>
>>19190554
Yeah, that's about what I thought. If she does ever stumble into my life though, that'll be totally nuts.
>>
>>19190640
I did yeah but meeting a million girls with that exact face and style gets old
>>
>>19190648
Hey, if it happens, that would be awesome. Just don't count on it and you'll be fine, mate.
>>
I had a really similar experience.

>Sophmore, maybe junior year of high school.
>Have dream I am in old childhood house
>Sitting on a couch looking out my back door, stare outside it for a few minutes
>Decide to look down at the table in front of my couch.
>Look back up after some amount of time passes and see girl sitting in my dad's chair (Ya know, the dad chair)
>Pink sweatshirt, very feminine features, blond curly hair. This was striking because at the time I did not know anyone who looked like that
>Feel a weird force pull me off couch, Become half lucid (Realize I'm in dream, not in control still)
>half walk, half crawl over to the chair
>She touches my face and smiles
>Wake up

About three months later, Get super heavy into lucid dreaming after this

>Have dream i am in my highschools computer lab
>Look at clock, the numbers are all gibberish
>Realize I'm dreaming, stand up and spin to gain an anchor so I don't panic wake up
>in full control, first real lucid dream
>Suddenly this weird alarm goes off in the room
>These guys in black suits run in the room and start shooting at me
>Use my dream powers to teleport to each one and stop their hearts with a finger press to the chest (Absolutley badass)
>Alarm stops ringing
>Walk into hallway of high school, exact same layout
>Take a right and go into a hallway that has a stairwell in real life
>No stairs in the dream, just a hole that has a railing around it.
>Same girl appears, standing on top of a rail.
>She beckons me to come with her, puts her arms out, and falls backwards down the hole.
>walk to rail, stand on it, and fall forwards down it in the same manner
>Fall for fucking ever
>end up landing in a subway station that was absolutely packed, with no sign of the girl.
>Wake up.

I have been trying to lucid dream to see her again, I don't know if she was a soulmate or whatnot, but she felt like a very important presence to me, and years later I still have not shaken that feeling.
>>
probably a hallucination of genetic memories
>>
>>19190313
Well, long story short. None of us are from this density. Do with that what you will.
>>
>>19191018
That actually makes a lot of sense. Or it could be a glimpse into another reality.
>>
I believed in soulmates, but I'll have to wait for my next life now.
>>
>>19190097
Yes but not because you dream about someone.
>>
>>19190097
First off, no, soulmates do not exist.
Second, in dreams you'll frequently encounter and idealised woman (personally has happened to me several times) it's a common phenom
>>
>>19190097
I've always wondered if every penis is different and every vagina is different maybe there is something in that, we are ment to join together and make a whole. Yin and Yang kinda thing.
>>
>>19190097
Yes soulmates do exist but only for fags it's why they fuck in public. In reality they aren't trying to just get some momentary pleasure they are actually looking for their soulmate. At least that is what my mentor in the Illuminati told me to tell goyim.
>>
>>19191273
My sides
>>
>>19191292
Right? If someone said that to me I'd assume they were gonna stalk and kill me. I don't think he realizes that the soulmate shit is only cute and charming when both people feel the same way.
>>
>>19191302
exactly
>>19191273
exactly

soulmates can exist, finding one is some entertaining quest
i just wish I had the power of growing stronger by sadness, like Griffith
>>
>>19190097
>>19190130
Carl Jung described the existence of the 'Anima' a subconscious symbol of the feminine that exist in male minds.
>>
>>19190097
>Do Soulmates Exist?
Yes.
>>
Sure soulmates exist, yours it out there fucking some one else right now. No mostly bollox i think.
>>
I think our destiny is to procreate, and love is the illusion that allows for it to happen.

Love is not what you'd expect, and it's never the way you thought it was supposed to be.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.