[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immortality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: 1497924074912.png (903KB, 552x655px) Image search: [Google]
1497924074912.png
903KB, 552x655px
Would you choose to live forever?

Are there any good stories or urban legends of modern day immortals out there?

I would choose to live forever in a heartbeat. Absolute immortality, though. So even when the sun explodes I'd survive. Drifting through space to watch the universe endlessly collapse on itself and create another big bang over and over. Then when the universe finally creates something close to me that eventually harbors life, I can rule that world, falling from the heavens into it's gravitational pull in a fiery display. I would be a god eventually. I would raise this world I inhabit to serve me and devote it's existence to getting me into deep space by means of some vessel. I would conquer worlds and civilizations. Forever.
>>
That's pretty fucking gay
Also what happens if crunch bang cycle theory is not real and you are just sucked into oblivion literally forever
If I were to be immortal I would much rather be non-absolute and have some vulnerability, like a kill switch
>>
File: PeterGriffinLOL.jpg (80KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
PeterGriffinLOL.jpg
80KB, 720x480px
Nope, you'd just be a disfigured mess unable to move yourself. You'd probably look like shit in reality. Why do you fuckers not use common sense with 4Chan X?
>>
>everyone you've ever known passes like mayflies
Sounds like lots of fun.
>>
>>19189424 >PeterGriffinLOL.jpg
>>
>>19189403
You would float through space and suffer, dummy. But don't worry, I will be there to put you out of your misery.
>>
I'm with OP, immortality would be epic. I want to see what the brightest minds create when they have eternity to use as their canvas.
>>
>>19189450
would you even recognize their brushstrokes?
Eternity is a looong time...
>>
Immortality sounds terrifying. I barely even want to live 50 more years, let alone for the next eternity. Plus, all you'd be doing with your time is the same shit you've always done. Work/Mooch off people who love you.
>>
>>19189457
Yup, I would. Especially if I were to be part of that good fortune. Long times are the best times.
>>
>>19189469
You would would you?
How can you be so sure?
>>
I would, personally, be down with conditional immortality. I want to be able to explore the cosmos and learn damn near everything. Plus, I already have the lack of urgency an immortal would have, so it'd be nice if my lifetime would reflect how long it takes me to do shit.
>>
>>19189403
We do live forever but not how we want. Ps don't make any long term relationships my man just keep the boat moving
>>
>>19189473
Because hes a moron
>>
>>19189473
Have a little faith, dipshit. You've got working senses. Given enough time, you'll notice all kinds of patterns.
>>
>>19189403
The other day some real life vampire dropped by he was just bored and wanted to.shit chat he had a medical condition that dosent allow his organs cells and tissues to age so he can technically live forever as long he dosent jump off a 10 stories building but he wouldnt try that for fun
I am sure its somewhere in the archives and there is a YouTube vidéo explaining this phenomena
Death is necesery at some point you have to leave some room for fresh blood.
Eternity isnt half as amusing as it is made out to be
But god fucking dammit you are stupid everyone so stupid everyone but me :3
>>
>>19189487
>given enough time
yea, there's plenty of time...
>>
I don't get why people pretend they don't want to live forever. Just fucking kill yourself, you goth losers. Either stop pretending you don't want to live, or else make more room for people who actually do want to live.
>>
File: Kurgan.jpg (9KB, 220x270px) Image search: [Google]
Kurgan.jpg
9KB, 220x270px
There can be only one.
>>
File: blade-fat-vampire.jpg (27KB, 470x334px) Image search: [Google]
blade-fat-vampire.jpg
27KB, 470x334px
Not to mention your body would atrophy from lack of food. Even vampires are portrayed as becoming like mummies after not feeding for long periods of time.

Considering all other forms of body deforming and factors that would happen if your body was just free floating through out space and time.

You'd best become something like this fat fucker, with the mentality thinking you're a god.
>>
I'd take immortality if I could still commit suicide if I wanted to.
>>
File: blade-fat-burntup-vampire.jpg (290KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
blade-fat-burntup-vampire.jpg
290KB, 600x400px
More like this due to environmental factors put into play. Being burned up, sucked into planet while being formed, radiation from cosmos, etc.
>>
>>19189450
>>19189463
>>19189476
You know what eternity looks like ??
LITERAL SHIT
If everything was immortal we would be so overcrowded that we will drown in our feces in practical terms you dont want that.
t.believes i am dead and got shot around 2014
>>
>>19189403
You need immortality and infinite youth or you will turn into a raisin and I will eat you or turn you into a grasshopper.
>>
File: Skele-in-space.jpg (102KB, 770x578px) Image search: [Google]
Skele-in-space.jpg
102KB, 770x578px
If you don't turn out to be a blob in space then you'd most likely end a floating skeleton.
>>
>>19189403
Sounds right for me, op. But conquer doesn't do justice to the love I'd make a country commit.
>>
Since there's a blackstar thread going on somewhere.
>>
File: blackstar-skeleton.jpg (50KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
blackstar-skeleton.jpg
50KB, 900x500px
>>19189545
>>
>>19189495
Because your a LITERAL irl dumbass look at him everybody look at him and laugh i never thought i would ever meet one. No amount of living forever will change that i am afraid.
>>
Why is it so emotionally threatening to you that someone wants to live longer than you? Perhaps you should just kill yourself so that you can cede the earth to people who are happier here?
>>
>>19189531
what now ?
>>
File: 1492177245932.jpg (29KB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
1492177245932.jpg
29KB, 320x283px
everyone i ever met that is obsessed with immortality ironically has a shitty life
>>
>>19189403

So you want to live to watch another big bang
>Wait 500 trillion years for universal heat-death freezing your ass off 450 trillion of them.
>New big bang happens
>Forgetting the first 1.5 billion years of the universe beginning in trillion-degree hellfire.

Immortality sounds fun until you have to live it.
>>
>>19189605
As someone who longs for immortality despite a shitty life, I am at the very least described by this category! Maybe I can even offer some insight.

If my case generalizes, people obsessed with immortality consider all of their problems small compared to the marching madness of spawning billions of humans only for all of them to suffer and die. It's that capacity to consider small the problems of mortal life which sparks a desire for eternity. However, in being unimpressed by mortal problems, there is also a lack of motivation to solve them. None of it really matters.
>>
>>19189599
What you do with your pathetic existence is none of my business my opinion is just that immortality is silly and pointless and if it was of any good use it should have been bred in our dna ages ago like all the good shit we have your idea of immortality dont show much maturity to say the least death may have to your greater surprise a purpose
>>
>>19189632
Go to the GYM.
>>
File: tuck_everlasting.jpg (58KB, 510x755px) Image search: [Google]
tuck_everlasting.jpg
58KB, 510x755px
>>19189403
this book and movie fucked me up as a kid, so no id rather take its advice
>dont fear death, fear an un-lived life
>>
>>19189654
Not quite the right kind of shitty life, bub. What, were you imagining a morbidly obese diabetic? I know you're used to seeing people just like you everywhere you go, but remember that the people who disagree with you are likely to be different from your prior experience.
>>
>>19189696
The lack of motivation thing gave me a hint because that generaly comes from extra pounds it kinda forces you to live passively ultimately leading to apathy which is a disease.
>>
Maybe I should've been more "scientifically" specific. Obviously I wouldn't want to be some skeleton or imploded human blob living out a pain filled eternity. Or maybe I would. It'd make my visage as a god all the more terrifying.

No matter what, the atomic bonds in my body may never be broken.

Being able to manipulate your body's atoms would be neat, too. I suppose after a few million years of be able to do that, right? Change my appearance or phase? Or develop telepathy and telekinesis on a grand scale.
>>
>>19189403
The only thing more horrifying than being buried alive is being buried alive for eternity.
>>
>>19189807
Individuals don't evolve like that. You wouldn't change at all. Especially if the bonds in your atoms can't be broken. Because there goes any hope you had of ever getting surgeries or other augmentations.

But you as an individual wouldn't evolve. While everyone else changed after thousands of years you'd stay the same. Because the mutations and changes come from the different genetics mixing as well as flaws in the DNA.

So, you'd be just like your normal self. And you couldn't attain any godhood because your brain only has so much memory it can possibly use before shit gets overwritten and your sense of time would dilate as well. So, you wouldn't even stay your normal self, but become an insane version of yourself who after countless millennia floating in the void became a babbling retard and shell of your former self. Immortality would not be all that glamorous.
>>
>>19189833
this is the probable scenario folks, OP, you're deluded as fuck
>>
>>19189807
Damn i knew /x/ were schizos but this is just wow damn! Get real kid.
>>
>>19189403
That's why the soul is immortal and the body is mortal, makes things a lot less complicated in terms of the infinite
>>
>>19189403
YAAASSSSS!!!I always thought it would be insanely cool to see the rise and fall of every civilizations. i have to know and I have to see it all!
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.