[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freemasons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: Freemason 3432464565654349876543.jpg (332KB, 1600x716px) Image search: [Google]
Freemason 3432464565654349876543.jpg
332KB, 1600x716px
Can anybody tell me about masons without it being conspiracy theories?
What is it actually about?
I got an invite - should i join?
>>
Do you mean Freemasonry?
>>
Well I was active in masonry for about 5 years - it's a series of degrees and mostly based on the Bible - the Scottish Rite has degrees about other things but blue lodge and the York rite are strictly biblical - it taught me some things but all and all I kinda lost interest in it. The conspiracy theories about masonry are mostly ridiculous - these days it's kind of an outdated social club and mostly focuses on charity work
>>
Modern Freemasonry broadly consists of two main recognition groups. Regular Freemasonry insists that a volume of scripture is open in a working lodge, that every member profess belief in a supreme being, that no women are admitted, and that the discussion of religion and politics is banned. Continental Freemasonry is now the general term for the "liberal" jurisdictions who have removed some, or all, of these restrictions.
During the ceremony of initiation, the candidate is expected to swear (usually on a volume of sacred text appropriate to his personal religious faith) to fulfil certain obligations as a Mason. In the course of three degrees, new masons will promise to keep the secrets of their degree from lower degrees and outsiders, and to support a fellow Mason in distress (as far as practicality and the law permit).[11] There is instruction as to the duties of a Freemason, but on the whole, Freemasons are left to explore the craft in the manner they find most satisfying. Some will further explore the ritual and symbolism of the craft, others will focus their involvement on the social side of the Lodge, while still others will concentrate on the charitable functions of the lodge.

In my opinion, you should accept, is rare that you will be drag in some weird shit. Their simbolism and beliefs are not so bad as you might think. Feel free to join them
>>
>I got an invite - should i join?
No.
>>
>>19188864
This but only because loses are not supposed to invite
>>
>>19188674
It's weird because every Mason always tells me they don't invite, you have to ask them, but my stepfather's friend literally invited him to come check it out and potentially join, and people on here will say from time to time that they were invited. Anyway, it's a pretty neat org, but depending on location/body it might be more or less charity/community project oriented and/or more or less esoteric. It sounds like they are getting further and further away from their esoteric roots, unfortunately.
>>
>>19188674
No. If they've invited you, they aren't Freemasons. Only fake lodges do invites. If you want to join, or even learn about it, ask a real lodge.

>>19188884
>but my stepfather's friend literally invited him to come check it out
Either he's from a fake lodge, or people misinterpret it. You can't invite people to join, but you can still bring it to their attention. You can even invite them to the pre/post meeting banquets. So a lot of people think that means, "I was invited to join!", when really it was almost a vetting process.
>>
>>19189551

See also: 2B1ASK1 etc
>>
>>19189551
That's a cop out and you know it, no one watch that rule so closely.
>>
Can you identify the Lodge you were invited to join? I can tell you if it is what Freemasons call "regular."
>>
>>19189657
>no one watch that rule so closely.
False. The Suspension/Expulsion Register here has a dozen guys on it who violated that landmark this year already.
Plus, it's the second question you're asked,
>"Do you freely and voluntarily, uninfluenced by mercenary or other unworthy motives, or by the improper solicitation of friends offer yourself as a candidate for the mysteries of antient Freemasonry?"
>"Uh, well, Ted invited me to join?"
At least three 1st degrees have been cut short there that i know of.
>>
Well masonic lodges don't solicit, so technically they don't ask people to join - however there many ways around this. For instance a father who is a mason may say to his son if you ever wanted to join all you'd have to do is ask - or a mason may say to a friend something along the lines of you would make a great freemason. There is some grey area here - but Masons don't go door to door trying to solicit members or anything like that.
>>
File: lodgemeeting.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lodgemeeting.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>19188674
>>
>>19190127
Thats from some shit swede movie
>>
It's basically a fraternity for men to old for college.

Now the things about fraternitys/secret societies/etc. is that they're an outlet for corruption. I'm not talking conspiracy theories here, I'm just talking about old school run-of-the-mill graft and the like. Doctor gets a speeding ticket, his buddy is a judge from the secret society, and they talk about it over beers, and the judge makes it go away. Cop pulls over a teen for racing and wreckless driving, oh hey, it's Frank's kid, from the lodge, let you off with a warning.

That kind of shit. One hand washing the other.

The thing is all secret societies/frats/good ol' boys, whatever, they all do this shit. But they only like it when they're the ones doing it.

They really hate competition. So Freemasons grew in popularity when these kinds of thing were popular, so the other guys started making up crazy stories about the other old farts in that other society. These people run the banks, those people killed jesus, those guys are stealing your tax dollars, those guys over there are communists, blah, blah blah. That's the source of all this bullshit.

Should you join? If you like wasting time with men your age doing goofy shit just for the same of keeping company, then sure.
>>
>>19190159
neet, whats it about?
>>
>>19190167
I cant remember it made me want to kill myself
>>
>>19190167
Songs From The Second floor its called
>>
Mason here. Grand Jurisdiction of Texas.

>>19188674

If you got invited, be skeptical. We're not allowed to recruit. Google "[your state] Grand Lodge" and make sure that you find a lodge locator or contact email for the Grand Lodge and double-check to make sure they're a real lodge.

Masonry is an organized effort to make the world a little better, one guy at a time. Someone once phrased it as "the brotherhood of man, under the fatherhood of God."

>>19188839
>>19188861

This right here. Masonry is pretty mild-mannered.

>>19189832

Yeah, here in Texas, we're forbidden to solicit, but we're allowed to tell them they'd make a good Mason. From the MWGLoTXAF&AM lawbook:

TITLE IV, DEGREES. CHAPTER 1 – TITLE IV, CANDIDATES. Article 393a, Solicitation. This Grand Lodge supports and practices the ancient custom and usage among Masons that a man is required to present himself for the Degrees of Masonry of his own free will and accord. At the same time, it acknowledges to all Masons of its obedience, that it is permissible and proper to extend a neutrally-worded invitation to petition for the Degrees of Masonry to a man whom you have strong reason to believe is of good moral character and reputation, who is otherwise qualified to petition under the Laws of the Grand Lodge of Texas. After answering the non-Mason’s questions about the Fraternity (those proper to be discussed) and explaining the procedure for petitioning, the potential candidate should be left to make his own decision and to proceed of his own free will.

>>19190165

Spoken like an obvious non-Mason.
>>
>>19188674
>Can anybody tell me about masons without it being conspiracy theories?
>What is it actually about?

They are a satanic group whose purpouse is to destroy the universe using the powers of Stan, Lucifer, Belzeebub, Orpheus and Zachary. They have already gotten the powers o Satan, Orpheus and Zachary, so the end is near if we don't exterminate them. In other words, they are the heralds of the Illuminati.

NO. Don't give them more power. You can join them if you are trying to destroy them from the inside, but that's just plain stupid because they will outnumber you. You will need an army.
>>
>>19190377

You sound mentally ill.

Also

> They are a satanic group whose purpouse is to destroy the universe using the powers of Stan, Lucifer, Belzeebub, Orpheus and Zachary.

> the powers of Stan, Lucifer, Belzeebub, Orpheus and Zachary.

> the powers of Stan

> Stan

kek
>>
/x/ knows about shills right?
...right?

Don't be abused by your pack animal psychology. Research yourself and don't trust anons to redpill you in 2017
>>
>its harmless

Isnt that exactly what you would say if it were a vast heirarchical conspiracy to achieve global power? What the fuck about Albert Pike, shills? explain that shit
>>
>>19188674
I visited my local Blue Lodge when I was 17, 6 years ago. I told them I was interested in joining once I was 18. They invited me over for breakfast. Just a bunch of old guys and their wives. The grandmaster gave me a tour of lodge. Pretty interesting, but I get the feeling that the Masons don't understand their own symbology. It seems that they're more interested in charity and community than philosophy or esotericism. I know certain grand lodges, like Colorado, are trying to make the Blue Lodge more esoteric and closer to original Freemasonry, but other grand lodges are more focused on mundane things. The Scottish Rite is probably the more interesting of the three main lodges imo.
>>
>>19190987
>What the fuck about Albert Pike
What about him, Yankee?
>>
>>19190987
He is widely taken out of context. The snippets of quotes you see are real, but they are taken out of context. When you read the entire page from Morals and Dogma that the quotes are taken from, you'll see that his quotes are nowhere near as sinister as they might seem when singled out. Quite the contrary, actually. It would be like if I said "It would be crazy if I worshipped Satan" and somebody put a quote next to a picture of me that said "I worshipped Satan". Just completely taken out of context.
>>
A Mason lodge is a giant closet for all the homosexuals to hide in, and conspire against the profane breeders outside.
>>
freemasons are sun worshipper luciferians and their "secret knowledge" is no longer secret as it can be found online if you're good at discerning real information.

not all masons are aware of this though
>>
>>19190987

What about quotes that were made-up?

>>19191025

York Rite is also pretty fascinating. There's tons of symbolism in BL though - the Blue Lodge degrees are deeply tied to Qabbalah (at least in the Preston-Webb work).

>>19191043

It's not even that he's taken out of context. A bunch of those quotes are straight-up fake.

>>19191589
>>19191601

Nope and nope.
>>
Don't join them they are just a bunch of old senile losers. My grandfather had the chance to join but he didn't. I know people who were banned from the Catholic church for being members. Great friends, they once had now don't talk to them. All they do is community service. Now stuff like te odd fellows also do good things for their communities (idk if they still exist.) I always lived near an odd fellows lodge it is a historic building never knew what it was growing up though.
>>
>>19192631
>Nope and nope.
You retard, explain what it is then if you're going to deny them.
Embarrassing.
>>
like anything else you do in life it's about levels.

once you reach millionaire status, you start talking with tax lawyers and accountants about how to pay less taxes.

once you're on the deca millions track, you now own property in other countries.

hundreds of millions means you get to meet with politicians when you travel, you fund organisations and institutions, there's a few buildings named after you somewhere.

billionaire status means you have some major political figures in your pocket, you run shit big time, you get to sit down at bildeberg and have an open invitation to anywhere you want to go.
there are associated costs with climbing this ladder of success. millionaire means you need to worry about your immediate security, alarms, safe for your valuables, pricier insurance premiums for all your nice cars.

tens of millions to hundreds of millions means you could become a target for some crazy psycho, you're almost a public figure, it's not that hard to find out your schedule, you might want a full time bodyguard with special forces training, you pay him 200k a year and he lives with you and your family, one less hassle to worry about.

a billionaire has a permanent team on standby, they need to sweep buildings and transports, have evacuation routes, your family is in serious danger to international groups, blackmail, corporate espionage, your life now becomes people telling you where to go and what to do.
wouldn't be very hard to slip in another higher degree here, the reptilian overlords who sit in deep underground military bases and summon world leaders to them and force them to do their bidding using psychic torture and the threat of replacement clones. this is why people love the pyramid conspiracy so much, they see the ladder, the rungs you climb, they assume there is something at the top.

that's also why that meme is so funny, the aliens baiting the masons with knowledge baiting the jews with money baiting the americans with a burger.
>>
>>19188674
Are you a mason? As in, do you work with stone to make architecture or art? If not, then don't join, you fuckwad.
>>
>>19192735

The Oddfellows (IOOF) still exist. They're dying out, slowly, though. Super-bummer. I'm thinking about joining them sometime in the future since there's a lodge of theirs close to me, but I've got a lot on my plate timewise, so to speak.

>>19192807

Well, it's not a giant closet for homosexuals, and we're not luciferian sun-worshippers. Sound good?

Most Masons are more on the conservative side, even if politics are forbidden. Among several other types of people, we are forbidden to make Masons out of "libertines" and many of the older guys consider gays to be libertines. I've got nothing against gay guys personally, but I'll definitely say that in many jurisdictions, especially mine (Texas), being gay might be something to disclose selectively.

Additionally, most of us are Christians - if you've heard of the Masonic Knights Templar, that should be kind of a clue. Is Christianity sun-worship? Not really, although there are parallels.

Anyway, /you're/ the retard if you needed that explanation.

>>19192891

Nice tinfoil hat.

>>19192899

What? No. You don't have to be an operative Mason (an actual stoneworker) to be a speculative Mason (a Freemason). That hasn't been the case since 1634. Why would you say that?
>>
>>19192891

American Masons are the easiest to bait though.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcKahraBiBY

>More resembling the handiwork......
>>
>>19193360
Actually anon and I assume you are a mason - so am / was I. The whole sun thing is absolutely true. Most Masons are terrible at symbolism but I can assure you yes the sun it probably the most important symbol in the craft. Most of the symbolism in blue lodge is based on the sun - I will happily explain it
>>
>>19194999
Pagan sun worship for the ancient false gods aka Lucifer and his minions.
>>
>>19194999
>but I can assure you yes the sun it probably the most important symbol in the craft.
I'd put money on you being quite wrong there.
BUT, you're more than welcome to interpret it as that. Just don't try to enforce any morals or dogma onto other brethren.
>>
>>19188839
Since this gentleman mentioned the Bible, here's what Christ had to say on the matter:

33. "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, "You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord."
34. "But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven for it is God's throne:
35. "Nor by the Earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36. "Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37." But let your "Yes" be "Yes" and your "No", "No". For whatever is more than these is from the evil one."
>>
>>19194999

Once again, while the Sun is an important symbol in the Craft, it's not even close to remotely the most important symbol. This is why I doubt you're a Mason at all - it just sounds like if you were, you never paid a single amount of attention during any of your degrees.

>>19195071

lol
>>
>>19196769
That is a nice passage. Certainly something i encourage Christian members to refer to. Or are you labouring under the delusion that it speaks against membership?
>>
>>19196931
That depends. Do you and the brothers perform a ceremony and undertake an "obligation"? A simple yes or no answer will suffice ;)
>>
>>19196976
Ayup.
>>
>>19196769
I read 33&34 like this :
https://youtu.be/Kppx4bzfAaE
>>
>>19197456
I pity anyone who thinks that video is a real thing
>>
>>19197484
>first instinct is to assume poster and others take video seriously
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>19188674
There was a dude on my bus in highschool who tried to get me to join up with them. Not sure if he was just inviting me to one of them banquets or to actually join. He told me it'd be $80 to officially join tho
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.