[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do our pets go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: 1.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
My elderly cat recently passed away and I've been just devastated. My heart is broken.

I spent 14 years with him and we were essentially interacting with each other pretty much everyday throughout the day. Working from home I interacted with him like every 30 mins. We had a really strong bond/connection.

Where do our pets go? Will I ever see him again?

I'm so desperate I contacted a pet medium and they gave me three messages from him. They mentioned what pain he had the week before he passed, that he wants me to keep his belongings, and that his spirit will always be by my feet when I sit.
>>
Pets go outside, duh. Theyre animals and enjoy being outdoors. They also go in the bedroom at night because they're social creatures who like connection while they sleep. They also go in the catbox, because thats where they poop.

I hope I helped! :)
>>
File: Leopardus colocolo.jpg (259KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Leopardus colocolo.jpg
259KB, 1600x1067px
>>19186045
Now you have to talk to other cats, they will tell you if you will see him again, humans have no idea.
>>
>>19186045
To the pet cemetery... duh
>>
>>19186045

You should dig up his body, make a pentagram with salt and gasoline, light that bad boy up, put the body inside the circle, pray to Baal and 'poof' you'll have your cat back!
>>
>>19186045
If your bond is strong they stay with you until they feel comfortable going and leaving you.

Youll see him again.
>>
I was thinking about that the other day because about a year ago my family and I adopted a baby cat and we have created a really strong bond, I can't imagine my life without her but well, regarding your question; I think pets go to heaven (if there is one) or if you are a pagan (as myself) there are some legends about dogs guiding their owners through the other world (If you are interested google 'mictlan') because they are faithfull beings full of love, and I like to think that the same happens with cats. Anyway, your baby cat is now resting without pain and you eventually must let him go. I'm sorry for your lost, Anon.
>>
>>19186045
my cat died. he was white, and retarded. it was my mom's fault because she's stupid, and let him outside. he wasn't very old, and was probably going to run into some pretty bad health issues later on, so its OK i guess

but i found a white stuffed cat in the guest room, and it really fucking sucked
>>
>>19186045

One of my cats died of old age recently. I think she is going to reincarnate as a human and I may have met her new family in a lucid dream.
>>
>>19186045
Cats go to die alone; they are very prideful creatures.
>>
>>19186538
This
>>
You know how the bible says humans are the first fruits of creation? Ive read some theories about animals evolving and coming into a higher consciousness that enables them to have the idea of a god. That means the 'holy spirit' would be accessible to them, thus making them the new fruits of creation.
>>
>>19186045
I lost my own cat too. She died of complications due to pancreatitis, it was a painful death and I felt terrible that she went.
I couldn't pick up her body at the emergency vet, asked they cremated her with the remainder of the money I used on paying for her services, disposing of her as they saw fit after that.
It was more important to me that she was cremated, I didn't want to imagine her body being defiled or rotting, but ashes are ashes, they're just dust.
I thought if her spirit was out there, she would be able to move on easier without seeing her body like that. I made a memorial for her, called for her to come to me, wanted her to be with me instead, but...
Energy isn't static, it is dynamic, and even a soul should be allowed to move freely as it sees fit. A pet should be allowed to wander.
I worried that if I held her with my desires, I might make her become resentful with my needs and my weakness.
So I gave her freedom, I know she comes and goes, but... she is a cat, cats are free spirits.
You will have a new cat, one you will fall for, it won't be the same, but he or she will still warm your heart.
The love of your old friend will live on, and may still show up, in a new unexpected way.
>>
They're probably going to hell. Because I remember my old cat was a real motherfucker so I hope that pussy bastard is burning.
>>
>>19186824
no.
die in a fire.
if you didn't want it, let it go.
>>
>>19186045
I don't know what you think of near-death experiences, but here's one where a woman says she met her dog on the other side:
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/with-pets/jan-price.html

Also, I want you to know that I understand and respect your grief. Hopefully that can do something to counteract the sting of the first few assholes who decided to be sarcastic instead.
>>
They stick around a while until they decide to go off and reincarnate.
>>
>>19186045
Animals don't have souls.
>>
>>19186045

Don't focus on the 'after', focus on the 'before'.

I rescue elderly cats, as no one else will take them, so I have to deal with cat death a lot. It kills me every time, however, I try and see the positive sides. If I hadn't rescued them, they wouldn't have had XYZ amount of retirement in my cat friendly house. I try and make all my cats happy, well fed, warm and content. If that is only for a few months, then so be it.

tldr - No one knows where cats go, and anyone who tells you they do are lying. However, I believe everything leaves an imprint on the world, be it physical or in the minds of others. Remember your cat, and he'll always be around.
>>
>>19186161
kekus maxima
>>
>>19186045
They're taken away by the cat reaper
He is like the grim reaper but a little kid
Where they go, I'm not certain, I didn't see that far
But they go somewhere
>>
>>19186824
Maybe he was pissed off that you held him captive all his life
>>
>>19187345
What the fuck are you talking about? Why would the cat reaper even be a human? Shouldn't he be a cat?
>>
>>19186045
Considering reality is illusory and just an experience of your awareness, you can just make your cat respawn but if that's too hard to believe for you just believe he will reincarnate. If you don't believe in your hidden God powers I'm sure that if you go to heaven you can just ask God to make your cat be there, I don't see why that would be against God's will. So Christianity is your second best option.
>>
>>19187374
...or she
sexist cis scum
>>
Sorry for your loss
>>
>>19187218
Do they sometimes get sick and die quickly? When my elderly cat died it was like he was fine one month then it was so quick his weight went down and everything.
>>
File: happ cat.jpg (374KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
happ cat.jpg
374KB, 1024x768px
sorry for your loss bro - is the pic him? if it is, looks like my old Maine Coon. 14 years pretty good for a cat. I think you'll see him again, you gave him a great life I'm sure.
>>
Yo bro, sorry to break your bubble, but I do not think you can have much of a connection with an animal. It is an animal bro, not a human being. Good luck though
>>
>>19186174
*sematary
>>
>>19186595
there's an apocryphal New Testament book that says something like this
>>
>>19186045
Pets are 2nd density souls working their way towards becoming third density (like us).
>>
>>19187973
Maybe, we had some kind of bond maybe just from being together so long.

>whole life want a cat
>parents finally say we'll take you to get a cat, go with 2 brothers
>brothers decide they want a cat all of a sudden
>parents can only afford 2 cats, you dont get a cat
>still constantly want a cat
>always asking for a cat
>be in highschool
>adult cat shows up on porch, wont leave
>pet him, he wants to come inside
>buy cat food, feed him
>owner comes by apologizing for his cat, hope cat isnt bothering
>takes cat back, cat returns
>goes on for months
>comes by with cage to take cat to vet, cat is just running away from him
>he brings cat back from vet, hands me food + vet papers + etc, saying you can have the cat
>spend 14 years with the cat, all my work done with him, we move into a house together

He just seemed so different than any other cat or dog or pet I've seen.
>looks both ways before crossing street
>hesitates and looks around when deciding what to do
>knocks on doors to be let in
>never knocked over anything
>never tore up or destroyed anything
>never ate human food unless given the go ahead
>sometimes hold up a paw to ask for a piece, always gets a piece
>comes when I call him except for when its not that important and he has other things to do
>heeds my warnings. once he wanted to attack an opossum and i shouted in fear for him to get inside and he ran inside
>once the neighbors dogs got loose while i walked a friends pomeranian, these dogs were huge and tried biting/picking up the pom, my cat comes running off the porch, gets their attention, runs up the street to ditch em, then runs back through bushes after he lost the dogs. and this is like when hes super old with arthritis

He hated all other cats except kittens or injured cats.

He was just the perfect companion, he never did a single thing wrong. It just feels like no pet could ever live up to the standards he set for me.
>>
>>19186045
>my cat died
>my bird died
>paranormal

Fucking pussies
>>
File: IMG_2444.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2444.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>19187962
I just found that pic on google images. Heres an actual pic of him. He was also ginormous, around 18lbs+.

I had him for 14 years but the guy I got him from I think had him for 4-7, so he was really old. Im still trying to find his paperwork from his original home.

Thanks for the kind words and responses you guys.
>>
>>19186045
I shot my cat. He was talking to me.
>>
File: Katze0.jpg (72KB, 800x727px) Image search: [Google]
Katze0.jpg
72KB, 800x727px
>>19186045
pets go to hell as well - didn't you know that?
>>
>>19189417
he's such a pretty boy. i'm sure he had a good life anon, i'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>19187973

That's such bullshit, mate. An animal can have great love for a human.
>>
I never bring this up because I'm worried about sounding nuts, but I really do think there's some sort of reincarnation cycle. I found a dying baby dove once and it struck me that it never even got to open its eyes. I thought it was such a waste of life and it suddenly didn't make much sense to live just one. Maybe the soul just continues on, collecting lives and experience, and inbetween each reincarnation, it remembers everything. Probably starts small(trees, bugs, animals) and then goes large (human).

I feel you, op. My 11-year old Manx died last summer of health issues. We were enormously close -- he helped me a lot when I was sick during my middle and high school years. I tried to help him too when his issues came up, but it wasn't enough. It feels strange that he's not next to me anymore, he was such a constant. He was born in my closet April 9 2005.

Life, maybe literally, goes on. There's so much to speculate. Chin up, op.
>>
>>19186045
They go to a nice happy farm :)
>>
>>19189382
It sounds like your "cat" was actually a long-haired dog. Cats are garbage.
>>
>>19189417

aw man right in the feels..

looks just like my cat scratch that i had from when i was 14 until i was like 32.

i miss that fucker...
>>
my first and oldest cat has been dealing with hyperthyroidism for several years now and appears to be on her way out. she went from being a very muscular and fat cat often mistaken for a male to about 6-7lbs. she's frighteningly thin, has no muscle or fat left, just bones, skin, hair. she's always hungry but nothing satisfies. we had her on transdermal (by ear) methimazole for a couple years and it seemed to help at first but then apparently started destroying her body. she almost died from what seemed to be kidney failure until we realized the medication was doing more harm than good and stopped giviing it to her completely. now she's living totally unmedicated, although her symptoms are better than when being daily medicated. vets can't make sense of it and i partially hold them to blame for leading her near to death with their one size fits all advice which we trusted. she doesn't seem to be in much pain or anything, she is still active and moves around to her favorite people or spots in the house, but she sleeps longer and longer, in a way i recall seeing in a sick outside-only cat who, when he slept outside, seemed to just abandon his body up to the elements, as if merging into nature and losing himself. it's like their energy starts going inward and no longer gives them vitality. we have a 3 year old, highly intelligent and sensitive male cat who grew up around our old cat and he's totally confused by the change in her look and behavior. it will be hard for him when she goes, i dread that the most. personally i believe in reincarnation and think that when one pet goes, another comes into your life sooner or later that you feel a special connection with.
>>
Yes, you will see him when you die. We all go to the same place
>>
>>19194228
also sometimes i think that our pets are not all that they appear to be ie just "animals" that we possess. they are more like guardian angels who serve a very important purpose in our lives, offering peace and comfort in difficult times, showing us a simple way of life satisfied with the bare essentials, and reminding us to love when we get too stuck in our thoughts. communion with a cat is deep and profound, their purring is like the ocean waves, it's primordial and beyond words. yes, cats can be aloof, cold, etc but people who think that's all cats are simply haven't offered them any love and care. cats open up to you, not with desperation like dogs but with dignity. in a way we are blessed by their presence in our lives.
>>
>>19194228
This is my problem too I had her on homeopathic medication but it didn't seem to work
>>
>>19189426
Cleanse your autism with fire or rope, hate seeing your dumbass cringe name on this board
>>
Sorry for your loss OP. I believe in heaven as a concept, and I do think that after a pet dies they go to a better place (be it a different plane or something equal). I want to believe that with all the shit in this world death is sometimes a relief. That being said, I'm sure you'll see them again, and until then they're watching over you. Maybe to trip you or just be underfoot; it's still a cat, after all.
>>
>>19187973
Human beings fucking suck.
>>
>>19187213

oh yes they do. they have bigger souls than many people I've met.
>>
>>19187213
if animals don't have souls, then neither do people
>>
File: Spicy.jpg (278KB, 479x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Spicy.jpg
278KB, 479x1050px
>>19189382
Sorry for your loss, I lost my cat 2 winters ago after nearly 14 years. Spicy was a remarkable cat she could charm birds, open most doors, jump from anywhere to my lap without putting a single claw in me. Her first litter of 3 the 2 boys had extra toes on each paw I think they are called Hemingways. She was very vocal and would answer questions even when not spoken to directly. I used to have to tell her shut up spicy you don't even know what I'm talking about. She was an excellent hunter of birds, rabbits, squirrels, snakes, mice, moles and anything else that crossed her path.
A wonderful mother, she once started making milk to help her daughter nurse a large litter. She slept with me every night most times on my back.
when me and the wife split up I did not take her with me at first I just couldn't until I got settled I didn't even know where I was going when I left I just knew I couldn't stay. About a week or so later wife calls please come get your cat if you can she is driving me bonkers. So next day I went got her and she helped me from being lonely she was by my side even step I took inside or outside she waited in driveway for me to get home from work and would start meowing soon as she saw me. The night she died she came to me breathing funny I knew it would be soon. She loved on me up until literally seconds before passing she got up and ran down the hall so I wouldn't have to watch her. She made a horrible noise that she never made in life and I heard her flop I knew it was done. The sound she made haunts me I don't know why it just wasn't what I expected but I guess she went out with the same ferocious attitude she lived with.
pic is her our last summer together
>>
File: IMG_1808.jpg (229KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1808.jpg
229KB, 717x960px
>>19187218
Thank you for being a good person.
>>
The bond you created is eternal. My dear cat died after 15 years or being with me. I had to put her down. The pain was unbearable but she communicated with Mr in dreams and I still feel her from time to time. Her presence is forever with me.
>>
>>19189426
Hilarious, good thing you did tho.
It obviously was a Satanic cat.

>>19187213
This is true.
But spirits/gods-goddesses can occupy animal bodies.

>>19189412
Ikr.

>>19189337
That's a very interesting idea, i like it.
>>
>>19186045
Hi, this message is only to the OP. I once had a beloved pet die. I, not having the type of knowledge or faith I have now, thought that maybe the life spark of my pet, the "soul" had dissapeared once my pet died, that there was no afterlife for pets. Distruaght, I contacted an institute where I had been taking meditation classes. I was lucky and the operator I got was a skilled psychic. I told them I was upset because my "pet" died. Without being told they started to tell me the exact species my pet was, which I had not mentioned. I did not have a cat or a dog or a rodent anything easy to guess like that. Then they brought me messages from my pet. I and one member of my immidiate family often see this pet in our dreams although they died over a decade ago. I recently had a psychic conversation with said deceased pet, whom I love.

Your pet is still out there, trust me, I would turst the psychic.
>>
>>19189417
Looks like a good cat!
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.