[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ is Randy Stair an example of Tulpamancy gone wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
There are so many threads on /x/ regarding Tulpas...Is this a wakeup call to the effects Tulpamancy can have on an individual?
>>
Tulpas are so beautiful. Everyone should have a tulpa. I wish I had a tulpa, but all I have is a godform who doesn't even talk to me.
>>
>>19183171
Making a tulpa is a deliberate mental exercise. This guy probably didn't know the word tulpa, he just went nuts on his own. He had issues with gender identity before he started on the Danny Phantom thing. Maybe if he'd gotten a lot of therapy earlier on he would've improved. Maybe not.

So here's a wake up call. There are crazies out there, there's little to nothing you can do about that, and occasionally one snaps and kills some people. Don't stress about it. You're going to die from something, it might as well be ATTENTION K-MART SHOPPERS.
>>
>>19183498
>>19183182
This question is less about being worried that someone will kill one of us and more so about the effects of Tulpas taken too far.

When you hear the way he talks about "Ember" and how she speaks to him its sounds quite similar to the way folks talk about their Tulpas here on /x/
>>
>>19183509
I wasn't clear enough, then. Similar is not same. Making a tulpa is a process where you functionally partition your mind. It's deliberate, it takes work. If something similar happens on its own, that's schizophrenia. There's a meaningful difference between lighting your fireplace and starting your couch on fire.

If an unstable person fucks around with his mind, it's not going to end well. Trying to make a tulpa can push you round the bend if you're already nearly there. So can doing psychedelic drugs. But in the end it doesn't matter how you get there if you get there. Try not to get there. If you're not confident that you're sane and rational, don't screw around with your mind.
>>
>>19183509
yeah they're both completely disassociated from reality
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.