[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/omg/ - Occultism & Magick General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 392
Thread images: 37

File: APE.jpg (10KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
APE.jpg
10KB, 292x172px
The "If You Are Not Here to Have Topical Discussions or Ask Topical Questions, Politely Leave and Hide the Thread if Necessary, Thanks" Edition!

/sum/ pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW

Library link:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
Thx Thoth for the library. I've tearing through gnostic studies.
>>
>>19182714
No New updates AFAIK, but let's get our discussions back on track, Ladies and Gents!
>>
>>19182714
bump
>>
>>19182720
>No New updates AFAIK
Yeah I dunno what's up with the new uploads, can someone check to see what's up on their end?
>>
>>19182970
Not Seeing Lux in Tenebras
>>
>>19182978
Not seeing any of the updates from last thread desu.

In the Goetia, where it says that certain spirits may be given offerings but will lead one astray or speak falsely, is this just leftover white-light stuff, or truly to be heeded?
>>
>>19182978
>>19182989
Well I moved them into my 'holding' folder last night. Lemme try to move 'em around again.
>>
>>19182989
>In the Goetia, where it says that certain spirits may be given offerings but will lead one astray or speak falsely, is this just leftover white-light stuff, or truly to be heeded?
Generally speaking they don't need/want an edgelord offering, and blood will attract gribblies.

OK, mega itself may be shitting the bed; my login is hanging (if it were a DMCA, then it would log me in with a new warning message).

>>19183010
Try the Abhinava folder again.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/marty-rathbuns-videos/

The thing I find most reprehensible is to turn on those who had been friends – from Monique’s lawyers to virtually everyone he had connected with since leaving scientology. I find this sad and ugly, and I am not inclined to do the same with respect to him.

I said above that I had no additional information – but now that he has made claims about me and Leah and Tony personally he has put me in a position where I DO because I know the details of which he speaks. I will respond simply: Marty is rewriting history (much of which he wrote himself in his earlier versions of events), recounting things that never happened and assigning motives to people that appear to be the fruits of his imagination. And he is laughably trying to create upset between me, Leah and Tony Ortega as if any of us would believe him. Beyond that I am not going to dignify his craziness with specific responses. And I still don’t have any information that sheds light on WHY he is doing what he is doing.

That being said, I sincerely believe Marty should seek professional help. He has lost touch with reality. He appears delusional and is convinced the spiders he sees all over the walls are real — and that it is his duty to earnestly explain his imaginary spiders to the world. I am saddened to watch it happening, wishing there was something I could do to help him, like he once helped me.
>>
>>19183025
I-I didn't mean an edgelord offering? Like, fancy wine or liquor, or engraving its seal, etc. ?
>>
File: yingYang.jpg (38KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
yingYang.jpg
38KB, 400x399px
Bump.
>>
>>19183036
>fancy wine or liquor
That can be a thing.
Also items meaningful to the spirit or operation.
IJS a blood offering is mostly edgelord movie tier.
>>
>>19183036
Don't assume a good offering is good. It may or may not be adequate, but getting fancy because you can is an act of hubris and doesn't change that the whims of spirits are fickle and change with the winds.
>>
>>19183058
Ok thanks...I didn't mention anything about blood offerings, so I'm a bit confused as to why it keeps coming up...The only thing I saw in the Goetia was about "making offerings/sacrifices that lead to being deceived by the spirit" but didn't see that it was specifying blood as the offering that would do this?
>>
>>19183072
>I'm a bit confused as to why it keeps coming up
Because it's a popular meme that gets spammed in /x/ and I just wanna be extra clear that the Greek and Egyptian protocols from which Lemgeton are derived have extensive purity clauses w/r/t contact with blood and death.
>>
>>19183060
Pretty sure it's better to leave a 15 year old Jameson than an expired bottle of Thunderbird, Champ. Thanks for the input, anyway. Why is it that those who most often speak of hubris and egos are usually stroking themselves the whole time?
>>
>>19183079
Makes sense. Kind of a "for anyone else reading this" sorta thing. Got it. Thank you.
>>
>>19183081
>hotshot reply
>Champ
I warned you about hubris bro!
>>
>>19183060
Much like the old parable, what you offer is probably only valuable in proportion to what you possess. The old lady with barely enough to eat giving one gold coin is a 'better' or 'more worthy' sacrifice than the man of wealth who gives ten gold coins,yet only a tiny fraction of his fortune, etc. etc. etc. So your statement is silly unless you are going by an assumption that i'm piss poor. Which is fine, really, but it's an awful big conclusion to jump to from such little information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiw3vVy_eN8
>>
>>19183081
Also,
>Jameson
>Good
Single malt or fuck off. Christ on a cracker, I deal with spirits that like shit I don't even drink. A couple love that peaty 18 year old goodness that I can't fucking stand.
>>
Local deities like local land spirits and such. Where to find them and how to contact / interact with them.

IE I can google "Athena" and get zillions of hits on what to do but lesser known local stuff is hard to search for.
>>
>>19183110
>"Single Malt or fuck off"
Sounds like you are conflating Irish and Scotch whiskies.

>not on topic
>>
>>19183079
apologies for repeating myself, but in case you didn't see my explanation last night, but what Cain says to his brother isn't in the masoretic text. in 4:8 בַּשָּׂדֶ֔ה is spoken by the 3rd person narrator
>>
>>19183109
The assumption is that you should never assume that any offering is good enough. Even and especially one beyond your means. It's thinking you've got a grip on something you don't understand just because you offered it something that's the flaw. The hubris is assuming that it was good enough because it drained your wallet.
>>
>>19183126
Hey, thanks for all the advice I didn't ask for. Got any great recommendations on how I should be handling my portfolio?
>>
>>19183131
Post it and I'll see, but the if it's all stocks and mutual funds, you've already fucked up and there's your recommendation.
>>
>>19183079

I have more buddhism ebooks if you're interested, most of them are just from libgen though
>>
>>19183142
>Not making 25% annual returns by investing in medium-high-risk stocks, Writing calls and buying puts

Yeah, shoulda left it with my "financial manager" So I could continue paying him to make me 3% every three years!
>>
>>19183145
and a couple interesting looking ones on jewish magic/kabbalah and ancient greek magic/religion, probably i got some of those from you though. I'd have to double check
>>
>>19183163
Diversify. Land, business ownership, art. Obviously the risk is higher and the payout often longer to mature, but it beats having all your eggs in the stock and bons basket.
>>
>>19183145
Depends on what they are. I'm always interested, if they're not dupes and magnify the Dharma, link my shit up pham.

>>19183118
For Rome?
Archaeological stuff I haven't compiled.

>>19183125
>not in the Masoretic text
Yes it fucking is:
http://www.qbible.com/hebrew-old-testament/genesis/4.html
It's not in OTHER compilations; it's in the Aleppo codex. I get it. It's third person. It's got an extra "beth". Is the fucking word "field" or not? Declension or personhood be damned?

Jesus Pigfucking Christ.
>>
>>19183025
>http://www.mikerindersblog.org/marty-rathbuns-videos/
>mfw the Freezone/Independent movement is facing it's first large schism
>>
>>19183186
I mean like it's easier to get information on big name gods vs smaller local spirits worshiped by like the local native americans. Any tips on that?
>>
>>19183239
>smaller local spirits worshiped by like the local native americans. Any tips on that?
Shitloads, go to my Mesoamerican and Amerind folder.
>>
>>19183246
Thankies
>>
>>19183186
>It's not in OTHER compilations; it's in the Aleppo codex. I get it. It's third person. It's got an extra "beth". Is the fucking word "field" or not? Declension or personhood be damned?

I've been very unclear, and apologize. The narration says that when they were, bassadeh, in the field, cain kills abel. What is not said in the hebrew is what cain says to abel, there's no "Let's go out to the field." in the aleppo codex and that's what i was responding to you quoting. If you already knew that I apologize also for wasting your time, and hope that at least something useful comes of you looking up the hebrew.

>>19183186
>link my shit up pham.
I'll take a look tonight if I have some time after work, is your gmail still active?
>>
>>19183309
>gmail
Yup.

>I've been very unclear, and apologize. The narration says that when they were, bassadeh, in the field, cain kills abel. What is not said in the hebrew is what cain says to abel, there's no "Let's go out to the field." in the aleppo codex and that's what i was responding to you quoting. If you already knew that I apologize also for wasting your time, and hope that at least something useful comes of you looking up the hebrew.
I just think it's a sorta weak distinction, and I'm grumpy anyway - it DID at least turn up interesting Kabbalah from being forced into the internlinear, which I should spend more time with anyhow.
>>
>>19183246
>smaller local spirits
Not small and not actually local. But I know you are not a fan of entertaining such concepts.
>>
>>19183356
>Not small and not actually local. But I know you are not a fan of entertaining such concepts.
Are you meaning to imply that Made-From-Bone is not the obscure Yekuana trickster but part of a larger ritual complex?

Citations pls.
>>
>>19183356
You're fat and ugly and stupid

See how others can just make stuff up and assert it with no supporting evidence, too?
>>
>>19183361
>but part of a larger ritual complex?
What?

I am saying that perhaps this trickster is that particular tribes interpretation of deity worshiped by many other people throughout the world.

>You're fat and ugly and stupid
Well I am not fat, but the other points are definitely open to opinion.
>>
>>19183403
Show me another entity with even the broadest strokes of Made-From-Bone's myth(s) and his relation to Kuwai.
>>
In case anyone wants to go have some fun:
>>19181512

bump
>>
>>19183403
Maybe I can even use Perrenialism to determine if you are ugly and stupid, without reference to the particular case at hand?
>>
>>19183419
>Made-From-Bone's myth(s) and his relation to Kuwai.
The whole point I was attempting to make, was that the above is an interpretation particular to these people. Whereas the underlying concept of the "trickster" deity is a common concept existing in nearly every culture.

I believe all humans are the same when stripped of regional and ethnic influences.
>>
>>19183330
I don't have any sort of sense of the role or use of biblical exegesis for you in your sabbatic craft work, so I'm not sure if any of this is relevant to your interests, but I find it interesting that there's a gap in the text there. It doesn't say cain spoke to his brother it says cain said... but not what he said. It bothers me that people reading in the english translation aren't made aware of the interpretive work being done by the translators in that passage. I know it's a matter of degree when it comes to interpretation, but nonetheless.

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you'd care about, or would already know, but in Deuteronomy there are laws regarding rape and murder in the field (bassadeh)
>>
>>19183457
You are welcome to do whatever you like, anon...
>>
>>19183477
The point is not to insult you, but to display a more absurd example of what you appear to be doing, so as to make it more easy to see where some of us might be coming from.
>>
>>19183473
>the whole point
>>19183356
>Not small and not actually local
>>19183361
>imply that Made-From-Bone is not the obscure Yekuana trickster but part of a larger ritual complex
>>19183403
>What

>humans are the same when stripped of regional and ethnic influences
You mean all those things that make us human?
>>
>>19183475
>laws regarding rape and murder in the field (bassadeh)
Yuh, looks like I'm back in the Old Law.
>>
>>19183186
>Jesus Pigfucking Christ.

What interests me is the parallel between Gen 3, 16, and Gen 4, 7. Jones wouldn't go there. Alas.
>>
>>19183497
>Jones
MEANWHILE, IN THE HALL OF THE SUPERBESTFRIENDS

https://youtu.be/SaicegAwPis
>>
>>19183491
Specifically rape of a betrothed woman so relevant to the Midrash you cited and possibly it's inspiration

Also, if I remember right, sin's desire towards Cain is phrased similar to eves towards her husband after the exile. You can probably make something of that given the love-rival reading
>>
>>19183482
>The point is not to insult you
Yes, I understood the point.

>but to display a more absurd example of what you appear to be doing
The example was a bit extreme and not exactly in line with the argument being made.

>so as to make it more easy to see where some of us might be coming from.
What makes you think I do not know where you are coming from? The concept is not exactly obscure or uncommon, is it?

Without typing out a lengthy diatribe regarding my personal views of perennial philosophy, this was the best I could do.

>>19183488
>You mean all those things that make us human?
Are you implying that regional and ethnic traditions are what make us human beings?

I must be reading that wrong...
>>
>>19183537
>not exactly in line with the argument being made.
>Making baseless assertions without even attempting to put forth a citation

>"not exactly in line with the argument being made."

"OK."
>>
>>19183536
>sin's desire towards Cain is phrased similar to eves towards her husband after the exile
>But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."

>>19183537
What, then, makes us human other than our marked, massive, unique, one-of-a-kind aptitude for culture?

You strip culture from a human and what you're left with is less than ape.
>>
>>19183549
>You strip culture from a human and what you're left with is less than ape.
Americans are not apes, ape.

Humans make new cultures and create new interpretations of god wherever they migrate. But the base concept of all of these deities remains the same. It is one of the many things that make us all the same.

This is a simple concept with a good deal of academic backing, rather than an outlandish claim warranting a heated debate.
>>
>>19183549
>it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."

Ya, but look at how this phrase is constructed in, say, the LXX. Why such a close parallel? No one quibbles about Gen 3, 16. Why the contortions in 4, 7?
>>
>>19183598
>Americans are not apes, ape.
[cladistic citation missing]

>But the base concept of all of these deities remains the same.
[anthrohistorical citation missing]

>This is a simple concept
A very simple and shitty concept for a field as complex as comparative religion.

>good deal of academic backing
Cool.
Take your theories into any given anthro department. Y'know, the department that studies religion, myth, and ritual.

Tell them Viracocha and Tengri have the same basic concept. Or Kuwai and Adam. Or Xipe Totec and Shiva.

See how far that gets you with contemporary academia.
>>
>>19183605
If I had the answers for why people think shit I wouldn't be posting on the tulpa subreddit of a Kyrgyztani finger puppet vBulletin.
>>
>>19183598
>le 'americans have no culture' meme
i'll have you know that we have a rich culture of bastardization and excess that goes back more than two whole centuries
>>
>>19183624
Oh holy shit I didn't even notice.

Yeah, they totally have:
>no language
>no religion
>no kinship structure
>no filial structure
>no modes of production
>no modes of exchange
Or any of those other things that other societies do. In fact, I'm not typing into this shared cultural space, because it doesn't exist and, like some base animal, don't in fact possess linguistic capacity. It's all just a moon matrix hallucination.
>>
>>19183537
>>19183488
Both of you are wrong actually. When you strip both of those influences away from society, you will then see how those -then referred to as- cultures actually have an undeniable and very very visible parallels when it comes to other influences (apart from religion...depending on how you personally define it as, anyway).
>>
>>19183617
Yes and they will observe the concept via literal scriptural comparison rather than observing migratory, political and regional influence on spiritual belief.

I guess this debate is a dead end when speaking with Ape the scholar vs. Ape the practitioner.

Sorry to have bothered you...
>>
File: yaHTNZG.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
yaHTNZG.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>19183643
I...what?
>>
>>19183645
>Anthropologists don't study migratory, political and regional influence on spiritual belief.
Now I know you're trolling.
>>
>>19183637
Maybe it's Le demiurge Archons trapping us from their moon-base-satellite that they use to farm l00sh and keep the deceased trapped on this prison planet, ever recycling the misery. and yaknow, other /fringe/ memes.
>>
>>19183651
You are quite mistaken.
>>
>>19183662
Also:
>You're only allowed to be spiritual if you think everything is just everything else (that way you can still be a Christian while you pretend to be some watered down white secular betopknoted dudebro """Buddhist"""), otherwise you're an armchair scholar
>>
>>19183670
K.
It takes a single example to refute you.
Luckily, I've got dozens upon dozens in the library.

Like this one, literally about migratory patterns and the impact it has on human culture:
https://mega.nz/#!JYZXHYiY!x_fP9ZNa55zrSk4zMEPx0daEaSeZyxJw7tIFthW00OY

Or this one about environmental impact about religion:
https://mega.nz/#!VBJhhDCI!0bu5gqKUHFUgVqXucWwjtCkHUzuo-JCF4bGB8dSv4Zg

But who cares about what anthropologists actually publish when you can just make things up while you go along like Perennialists do to religions!
>>
>>19183646
LOL. I just mean that, if you were to strip those two things and perhaps religion (see: not faith or belief) you'd probably run into very surreal parallels between neighborhoods, counties, provinces, states, countries, communities, et cetera. Regional and ethnic influences are not all that make us human, they are just some parts of the whole. But if you were to theorize that we could live without them, you might consider that human beings have very keen and innate ability to achieve transcendentalism.
>>
>>19183672
As well as:
>Just because these things are defined a certain way in the dictionary AND by tracing their roots doesn't make *my* personal, made-up definition any less valid than *your* definition
>>
>>19183683
>strip culture, ethnic influences, and religion and we're all the same
Uhh...kinda?
>>
>>19183683
Nigga if you strip out "culture" then there ARE no neighborhoods, counties, provinces, states, countries, or any other ethno-group.
>>
>>19183605
>>19183549
>>But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."
Yep, that's the ticket, תְּשׁוּקַת desire מָשַׁל rule. It's a stretch, but sin is a feminine noun, sin at the door could be the woman in question, esp. if she's the primordial eve who brought the accuser into the world with her.

Okay, I'm being dumb now. I'm done with this.
>>
>>19183720
>if she's the primordial eve who brought the accuser into the world with her
Lilith whose thirsty womb drank the seed of Samael, of Adam, of Qayin, and of Solomon.
>>
>>19183706
Do you define culture as any of those things I said? They could be considered some parts of culture, in my opinion. When speaking on such broad terms it's important not to narrow your way of thinking. In any sense, I agree with your point about culture...but that's not what I said.
>>
>>19183676
>Luckily, I've got dozens upon dozens in the library.
Yes and it is riddled with examples of gods changing names and properties as their scriptures are co-opted by various cultures.

>But who cares about what anthropologists actually publish
I do actually, but I do not believe they have all the answers when it comes to spiritual doctrine. They are specialists that focus on hard physical evidence.

>you can just make things up while you go along like Perennialists do to religions!
How did someone with your mindset become a Thelemite?

No matter, it was not my intention to turn this into a heated confrontation.
>>
>>19183747
Certainly you know there's a difference between religions getting co-opted by conquerors, etc. and religions from cultures that have never even been on the same side of the world as one another?
>>
>>19183742
>They could be considered some parts of culture
Yes, and if we lose the heading we lose the parts. A spark plug is a part of an engine but if I remove the engine there will be no spark plugs to even be had.

>>19183747
>Yes and it is riddled with examples of gods changing names and properties as their scriptures are co-opted by various cultures.
So wait, intentional syncretism is now evidence of a-priori primordial similarity?

>do not believe they have all the answers when it comes to spiritual doctrine
Nor do I.
But I DO think they've tried harder than anyone at the big-boy's table.

>They are specialists that focus on hard physical evidence
Like good scientists :3

>How did someone with your mindset become a Thelemite?
A love of Scientific Illuminism and acceptance of Liber L vel Legis.
>>
>>19183766
Tbqh, that was a bad quip, Ape. You can do better xD.

I think if you were to remove the 'heading' as you call it...you would not necessarily lose all the parts, but rather those parts would remain in disarray.
>>
>>19183759
>Certainly you know there's a difference between religions getting co-opted by conquerors, etc. and religions from cultures that have never even been on the same side of the world as one another?

Yes I do. The distinction is just another variable to consider when toying with the concept of perennialism, imo.

>>19183766
>So wait, intentional syncretism is now evidence of a-priori primordial similarity?
That was not the not the point. It is not as if coercing someone into a verbal gotcha is going to validate the entirety of your argument is it?

>But I DO think they've tried harder than anyone at the big-boy's table.
How do you reconcile this statement with your spiritual practices?

>Like good scientists :3
I completely agree. Their research and methodology is key to discovering our past.

>A love of Scientific Illuminism and acceptance of Liber L vel Legis.
Did you just tip the psychological fedora, lol?
>>
>>19183854
>Yes and it is riddled with examples of gods changing names and properties as their scriptures are co-opted by various cultures.
>"co-opted"
>aka intentional syncretization
>"a coerced gotcha"

Ok senpai
>>
>>19183881
>Ok senpai
>The distinction is just another variable to consider when toying with the concept of perennialism, imo.
Alright anon...
>>
>>19183891
Seems like that was one of your major talking points in defence of Perrenialism, tbqh.
>>
File: jesus shrug.jpg (216KB, 739x759px) Image search: [Google]
jesus shrug.jpg
216KB, 739x759px
>reading magical texts involving religious stuff
>names of God
>familiar with some of them
>misspellings all over the place
>barely even names for God
Language is a funny thing.
>>
>>19183902
What are you reading?
>>
>>19183930
Grimoire of Honorius. But I think it was a poor copy.
>>
>>19183894
>defending perrenialism means forcefully co-opted and untouched doctrine are literally the same thing?
Gotcha...

My point was simply to say that perrenialism is a valid concept worthy of consideration rather than some half-baked bs.
>>
>>19183961
>perrenialism is a valid concept worthy of consideration
[CITATION MISSING]
>>
>>
If you were to tattoo yourself with a symbol what would it be?

I'm thinking on doing a squared circle with special dimensions but any alchemical symbol might do
>>
File: 1024x576[1].jpg (79KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1024x576[1].jpg
79KB, 1024x576px
Happy Solstice cunts, anyone have any special plans for the day?

I'm gonna meditate on the formula ON
>>
>>19183999
Got one that says "Selah"
>>
>>19184003
My Plans were executed around approximately 00:30 today, local time.
>>
>>19184298
how interesting and specific.
>>
>>19183986
>[POINT OF FURTHER DISCUSSION MISSING]
Fixed...
>>
>>19184317
Well, that's about when the Solstice began. Closer to 00:36 IIRC
>>
>>19183991
What is that Ape?
>>
>>19184354
TFR p. 235
>>
Hey Ape, we both appreciate Saivism. I've read a lot of other Hindu stuff as well (A bunch of the vedas, upanishads, related vedanta stuff, etc). I don't know much of the Theosophical Society but based on the little that I've read and the criticisms I've seen of some of the members, I don't know what to think. What is your opinion on it, and theosophy in general?
>>
who was fr 132 and why did Crowley at one point consider him to be an incarnate God?
>>
>>19183991
>>19184354
>What is that Ape?

And why is there no music link to accompany it?
>>
>>19184395
Wilfred Talbot Smith, literally the first hit that came up on google, on Hermetic.com
>>
>>19184408
Because the "Powers that Be" get triggered when we post music now.
>>
>>19184421
What could they possibly find wrong with posting a little Gwar now and again? Who was offended?

Is this a bannable offence now?
>>
>>19184442
Dunno but let's stop having off topic conversation to these degree, so it doesn't become an issue again and cause trouble when it's time to make the next thread. Not even sure how I managed to get it to work, read the old thread in the archive and decided to give it the old college try.
>>
>>19184458
I took it for temporary drama created by an angry janitor. Thought they would come to their senses and let us do our thing once they calmed down.

Great...

Guess we can all hang out until we find something else to have an unproductive argument about.
>>
>>19184497
It's hard to say...just don't wanna risk having SO much off-topic conversation that they ban the thread or try to prevent another from being made. We're probably fine, but an abundance of caution will not hurt.
>>
>>19184501
Agreed, better safe than sorry.

Might as well begin preparations for sundown.
>>
>>19184395
>why did Crowley at one point consider him to be an incarnate God?
Still can't find an answer to this question
>>
>>19184733
To isolate him from Agape Lodge.
>>
>>19184738
The politics of Crowley trying to deal with the many personalities in the OTO without a real succession plan reminds me a lot of Mohammed near the end of his life
>>
File: pete.png (126KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pete.png
126KB, 480x360px
>>19184003
This morning I watched the '80s Ghostbusters movies, now I'm continuing my marathon of The Real Ghostbusters.

Should I have gone for something more meaningful?
>>
What's the best edition of the Tantraloka that can be found in a place like Amazon?
>>
>>19184754
There's a reason a fifth of Thelema is just Islam.
We dropped Adhan and a Salat.

When Crowley was going through the Middle East he studied the poetry of Ferdowsi EXTENSIVELY. He inspired my Persiaboo tendencies.
>>
>>19184759
I did a thing earlier but it was short and redacted because I've been folding IA, KU, and LA into this Eclipse thing.

>>19184760
The one I scanned is the only full English edition and sells for a minimum of about 300 bucks which isn't actually bad considering it's a ten volume set and each of the hardcovers is actually worth about thirty.
>>
>>19184768
>IA, KU, and LA
I'm jelly of your ritual, I'm not near initiated or adept enough to do something of that magnitude yet. Did you have any luck folding the Tesseract geometry into the ritual?
>>
>>19184801
TBQH given the state of my construction so far and what's been happening in my limited Blood Acre visits I'm thinking I'm just gonna take the Tesseract script with me and try to ad-hoc it as I go.

Oration's been flowing like cool wine as I stalk the perimeter of my Garden of Blood and Bone.
>>
>>19184816
>take the Tesseract script with me and try to ad-hoc it as I go.

Sounds like every experiment I've had with that crazy shit. For some reason I just find ritual work with the Tesseract very hard to plan.
>>
>>19184816
>Preliminary oration:
"I whom hath completed the deeds of the day from the rope of birth to the cross of death return now to the fulcrum of all time and space. I whom hath completed the fortnight of the dragon....I whom hath completed the wheel of the year, from tip of envenom'd tongue to tip of enveom'd tail...I whom hath attain Mastery of the Crook'd Path"
>The Call to Summoning
>Black Earth
>???
>Chant of the Fallen Stone
>Pact of Blood and Starlight
>Recitation of Al-Ghauzar
>KU prelims
>..."Focusing the Stone"...something about seven points and seven planets and seven aeonic stars and seven vertebrae and seven chakras (six plus zero/crown)....I-ZHA, HU-ZHA, etc., with mantic tinkering.
>Tesseract
>Raising
>Bits from Totemic Invokation
>Recitation of Al-Shujah
>???
>Close
>>
File: Capture1.png (59KB, 671x976px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
59KB, 671x976px
>>19184838
I sort of figured you would like mix or intermingle the geometries of the rituals in such a way so that the tesseract would be "outside" the blood acre creating a trans dimensional boundary, like a doubled square outside a doubled circle. That seems like it would take a lot of time and be really annoying though
>>
File: benehu.png (347KB, 4389x6366px) Image search: [Google]
benehu.png
347KB, 4389x6366px
>>19184868
That's actually sorta the idea.
The actual visualization process is going to have to be on-the-fly.

I do intend on swapping out the Aats for the Hebrew tho.
>>
>>19184904
>swapping out the Aats
One of my blocks with Chumbley is figuring out what the correspondence is. Like which upright or inverse letter is which hebrew letter?
>>
>>19184928
I mean that's pretty clear it's a one for one correlation and Ol' Uncle Andrew literally gives you the correspondence, lemme dig it out of the Grammarie of the Quintessence.
>>
File: Sigili.png (109KB, 2238x2818px) Image search: [Google]
Sigili.png
109KB, 2238x2818px
>>19184975
>>19184928
Page 72, there, Negrodamus.
>>
>>19184982
I remember that, I just don't really grok it. I suspect I just need to immerse myself harder. What do you make of the next picture, "Waking reification?"
>>
>>19184992
It all revolves around the mystery of AL.
As in AL vel Legis. ALLA. LAAL. LAShTAL.

The LA rite. The AL rite.

LA/AL is the gateway between the Azoetia system and the DBoE system.

In waking reification it's the hidden core.

In dream it's a pylon through.
>>
>>19185013
>L
>LAShTAL

>Liber 36
>And Set shall appear in the Circle
>Illustration p. 107
>>
>>19185013
Thanks bruh, ill study and meditate on that further. I hope your eclipse ritual kills it, the world could need some action these days
>>
>>19185013
>>19185046
>The Sexual Gateway of ALLA:

I: Alogos vel Pan Athanatos,
In the Ouroboric Glyph and by the Totemick Spell of this Arcanum,
I enter in through the Gate of mine own Mouth.
Upon the Four Points of Orientation I have offered the Vessels of Egress
and from the Earth I have fashioned their Doubles, that my Famuli and
Manes may dwell therein as within the bones of mine own body.
Thus saith the Daimon of I, Sethos Pan-Athanatos :-
"Blood from flesh pouring,
flesh to bone drying, bone to dust crumbling,
Dust to earth yearning,
earth with seed scattered, seed with blood burning,
Death and Life turning -
Death and Life turning - Death and Life turning!
The Horse will graze upon the field
grown from the dust of its ancestors."
Thus speaking, self-unto-self,
I return unto the Existent through the Gate of mine own Mouth:
In my Body all Futurity of Atavism
and all Antiquity of Form are conjunct.
Thus am I become the Ancient One of Spirit.

FORMULA OF AZOTH OS

7: Azothos. To Gramma Alos Proto. Sothoza -
Within whom All is Increation, pure unto the I-Sexuality;
From whom All is Excreated in the Lines of the One Sigil -
the Point extended throughout the Aires of the Existent.
By Will I call upon the Powers of the First Holy Letter Reversed!
In the Name of the First-born of Witchblood and in the Sight of Thee -
the Great Watcher Within, the Ever-Open Lidless Eye - this Arcanum is
sworn.
>>
>>19183186
>link my shit up pham
sent
>>19184982
>>19184904
Love his design sense
>>
File: enochian.jpg (166KB, 638x835px) Image search: [Google]
enochian.jpg
166KB, 638x835px
>>19185088
That Behennian shit is dank potent if you grok how/when to use it.

For reference, watchtowers on the Behennian standard.

I'll thumb through that tomorrow to see what's what, I got very little giveafuck left in me today.
>>
File: Hypercrisis_(2).jpg (129KB, 522x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hypercrisis_(2).jpg
129KB, 522x720px
So I posted a few threads ago about how Grant Morrison's Heavy Metal Editorial "Beyond the Word and the Fool" and Hypercrisis theory in general (pic related) got me interested in Chaos Magic (or apparently "Mag!c", as Morrison called it in the editorial). So I came up with a few questions.

1) What's my recommended reading list for Chaos Magic and postmodern magic in general?

2) One thing that intrigued me about the editorial was the implication that magical power comes from within, rather than any external entity, something that we generate ourselves. Is there any more reading on this subject, the general idea of power coming from the individual?
>>
>>19185297
>1) What's my recommended reading list for Chaos Magic and postmodern magic in general?
The Chaos folder.

>Is there any more reading on this subject, the general idea of power coming from the individual?
Depends. Grant ascribes to the psychological model. You should know one of the big names in my folder is Phil Hine and he's gone full blown "The Goddess is Real" Tantra. Everyone's mileage will vary.

Also, don't let your personal interests cloud the system.

Core Chaos DEMANDS you MASTER the systems that came before so you can EXPERIMENT PROPERLY. This entails contacting the HGA, or at least Augoeides, but most Chaotes, perhaps even Morrison, neglect this point. I still like Morisson more than Grant. But I like him less than the real powerhouses of the systems he advocates (Chaos, Tantra, Thelema).

Grant is a gateway drug. Good place to start. Awful place to end.
>>
>>19185335

Yeah, but I was asking what the reading order for the stuff in the Chaos folder would be. Like, where do I start specifically?
>>
>>19185374

Never mind that, currently looking at Hines (sorry, a bit exhausted right now) and having trouble downloading the Condensed Chaos .pdf

Not sure if it's a problem with the file, or adobe acrobat just sucks ass
>>
>>19185408
I have some files I need to fix. Chaos is easy to find online - I'd start with Liber Null/Psychonaut and Liber Kaos.

I probably won't be able to fix files until mega unfucks itself.
>>
>>19185425

Okay, I'll give them a look over tomorrow, thanks!
>>
>>19185067
Ape if you intend on doing the Year and a day do you think it's a bad idea to read through the whole book beforehand? generally I like to read through my grimoires before working from them.
>>
>>19185545
Why would it be bad. I studied DBoE for six months before Heiros Gamos.
>>
>>19185553
I dunno it's always warning in the introduction to each rite like "don't pass through this gate unless you've done this or that," and I usually catch magical "vibes" from rituals prettty easily just by reading then so I don't want to fuck up any process
>>
Will you reach attainment in this life /omg/?
>>
>>19182714
how real is the magic from berserk?
is it possible to make a river go crazy somehow or to have a sword that can cut at distance? can elites create such weapons?
>>
I want guaranteed results, what do I do?
>>
>>19186200
Meditate.
What do you define as results and what are you willing to give up for them?
>>
>>19186200
Act.
>>
>>19186200
Use blood
>>
Does the kabbalah follow the OT god or is it different?
>>
Anyone here found use for Kant in their occult work, or know of any occultists who have?
>>
What's the weirdest thing you've encountered early on when you started practising?
>>
>>19186801
Full-blown ecstatic experience, about 5 months after i started daily meditation. Felt like i vanished from existence for a moment, but the lead-up and afterglow was the most euphoric ive ever felt. Felt like liquid gold light was burning in my veins
>>
>>19185668
That's the plan!
Define "attainment"
>>
>>19185335
>Core Chaos DEMANDS you MASTER the systems that came before so you can EXPERIMENT PROPERLY.

Knew no Chaote since like 1990, apparently
>>
>>19187026
It ain't my fault they can't read the words clearly printed in Liber Null/Psychonaut and Liber Kaos.
>>
>>19187028
Couldn't tell ya how many self-proclaimed Chaotes have told me that "there is no attainment" and "there is no HGA" in Chaos magic.
>>
>>19187040
>"The adept must contact augoeides" ~t. Pete Carrol
>"Lol, just ignore the golden dawn and crowley, it's outdated garbage" ~t. 14 yo chaote
>>
>>19187070

Is a solitary practicioner going to get far with chaos magick?
>>
>>19187079
THIS MY WISH TO KNOW IF CHAOS MAGICK WILL GET ME FAR
make a sigil out of that, wank on it, burn it, and then see what happens
>>
>>19187079
Potentially.
You just gotta, y'know, work.
>>
>we got like thirty someodd posts before /his/'s add had them ignoring the thread
BETTER THAN LAST TIME
>>
>>19187092
The anon will end up with a strong yen to know the answer to that question, if they do the sigil like that!
>>
>>19187098
>before /his/'s add had them ignoring the thread
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>19187109
That it was slid off the board by the regular deluge of WE WUZ, WAIFU, I HATE BEING A JEW, HITLER WAS RIGHT, HUMAN RIGHTS ARE BULLSHIT, >H>R>E, ARE [nonwhites] WHITE?, ARE [whites] SHITSKINS?, MUH SAVAGE SUBHUMANS, MUH DEGENERATE ART
>>
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316239039_Stars_and_Saints_The_Esotericist_Astrology_of_the_Sufi_Occultist_Ahmad_al-Buni_Journal_of_Magic_Ritual_and_Witchcraft_Spring_2017_39-65
>>
>>19187144
Hehehe ok tanks for clearing that up. One anon toward the bottom really evoked a feeling of pity (a great sin, I know) in saying that they can only read when they are on public transportation. It came across to me like: 'the only time I can stand to read is when it serves as a distraction for something else.' There are several people in my life who probably haven't read an actual book all the way through since they were forced to in school. Now, this is topical, because in order for one to pursue any spiritual system, they need to read and comprehend. Does /omg/ think the tendency/desire to read for pleasure is a Nature vs. Nurture type thing? My mother really encouraged reading while we were growing up, and always read to us/with us at bedtime as we gradually worked toward being able to read on our own, but these days my sister probably only reads about 15% of my annual consumption of literature.
>>
>>19187154
It's a confluence.
I was around books as a young child.
I'm...bright.
I was reading through the encyclopedia for shits 'n' gigs at like six and seven.
I was into mass market paperbacks at 11 (tfw Axler's MEG).
I was speed reading by HS.
I had a basic occult library by the time I dropped out (Regardie, some Crowley, some 'idiot's guide's, some Gnostica, some grimoire stuff, lots of trash).

Who knows if early exposure would have "worked" if I wasn't apt to learn. Who knows if my aptitude would have been worth shit if not for exposure.
>>
File: 1466729400799.gif (142KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1466729400799.gif
142KB, 126x126px
how do I into hinduism

also loving yogi philosophy works. Helps me realize my potential, I know I can go further with more texts.
>>
>>19187224
Have you read The Vedas, The Upanishads, the Bhagavad-Gita? If not, these are good places to start
>>
>>19187228
I have not.

only recently pointed in this direction as of late. I cannot say much of what I'm told, but Hinduism is a very relevant religion

I've seen and done things.
>>
>>19187254
Definitely give those books a shot. I actually started with the gita, which is historically out of order, but it was a good intro...However, it makes plenty of references to the older texts, so you may prefer to become versed in those first.
>>
Is there a more convenient version available of the Corpus Hermeticum than the 17 discrete files in the library?
>>
>>19187285
https://www.amazon.com/Corpus-Hermeticum-Hermes-Trismegistus/dp/8562022101
>>
>>19187290
>more convenient [and gratis] version
Apologies, I should have specified.
Thanks anyway anonyrnous
>>
>>19187298
http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/herm/

Dunno how good this translation is, but google is our friend. hermetic.com usually has a bunch of good free texts available.
>>
>>19187311
I'll just run the 17 pdfs in the hermetic folder through pdfunite and be done with it
>>
File: OYfbV5J.jpg (1022KB, 1382x5875px) Image search: [Google]
OYfbV5J.jpg
1022KB, 1382x5875px
>>19185096
>Behennian shit
thoughts on this infographic?
>>
>>19187348
He fucked up the natures.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behenian_fixed_star
>>
File: IMG_0994.jpg (117KB, 670x596px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0994.jpg
117KB, 670x596px
Dharma destroyed?
>>
>>19187367
I dunno.
What's your cosmological eschaton look like?
>>
Patron not only of Dee & Kelly, but also of Tycho Brahe and Johannes Kepler.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_II,_Holy_Roman_Emperor
>>
Do you have Ptolemy's Tetrabiblos?
>>
>>19187367
even emptiness is empty, that's just dharma friendo

check out some of the stuff under vajrayana in the eastern folder re: madhyamaka
>>
Is there some sort of comprehensive and scholarly work which would work as a beginner's guide to kaballah? It need not be in the library. I have an amazon gift card.
>>
>>19187254
The Vedas can be hard to read and kinda boring depending on your disposition so you could try starting with the principal Upanishads and then the gita and then maybe some other vedantic texts or go into yogic texts like stuff by vivekananda.
>>
>>19187609
Yeesh.
Um, not really?
I like Kaplan's Sefer Yetzirah.
His Jewish Meditation may be up your alley.

>>19187614
>>19187254
If you're interested in the occult don't start with the Gita, or even the Vedas. Read Shiva Samhita then start poking around the Agamic/Non-Puranic tradition.
>>
>>19187521
>He was a member of the House of Habsburg.

I dunno why conspiracy theorists never talk about them, they are much better candidates for "Secret Organization that controls the World" than the Perfectibilists.
>>
>>19187623
The anon asked about Hinduism generally, so I figured "the classics" wouldn't be a terrible place to start. Will keep this in mind next time someone asks me, though.
>>
>>19187098
Maybe you should stick to your containment board and stop shitting up /his/ with your wizard LARPing.
>>
File: gerard_van_honthorst_006.jpg (232KB, 1000x1424px) Image search: [Google]
gerard_van_honthorst_006.jpg
232KB, 1000x1424px
>>19187636
The White West doesn't like to recognize one of it's most powerful agencies in all of history were cripplingly inbred genetically defective clinically moronical downies who couldn't govern their way out of a wet paper nutsack.

Long Live the Winter King!
And the
>Alchemical
>Bavarian
>Republic
>>
>>19187650
I looked at the archived /his/ thread and saw no larping, just discussion of historical texts.
I can absolutely see why the thread floundered there.
>>
>>19187650
Ya. Only Ortthodox and Catholic Larping allowed.
>>
>>19187663
>floundered
foundered
>>
>>19187650
>Maybe you should stick to your containment board and stop shitting up /his/ with your wizard LARPing.
Care to substantiate what about my last update was off topic, considering half of it was Brill or Cambridge, and the other half is Late Classical Kashmiri philosophy? Or are you to historically illiterate to recognize "Respected uni's analysis of reliquary practices" when compared against "Treesong Ravenwank's VVykka for Tweenagers?"

>>19187644
I assume people asking here are asking for occultism. If dude wants the SUPER BASICS then cool but Gita runs the risk of implying to the student that Puranic Krsnism = "Correct" Hinduism, which is NOT the case despite what the Hares around here shill at you.
>>
>>19187671
What's the Shivadist perspective on Krisha? Like what does he represent according to their system?
>>
>>19187660
>"Leave the waging of wars to others! But you, happy Austria, marry; for the realms which Mars awards to others, Venus transfers to you."
-official motto of the Austrian Hapsburgs

the ones who wern't literally retarded married into all sorts of lineages and their descendants are still powerful figures, particularly in central and south America. Three of the last five Mexican presidents have the Hapsburg lineage. Supposedly so did Obama although I never saw any actual evidence.
>>
>>19187623
I've read Jewish meditation and Innerspace. I've also read Sefer Yetzirah but most of it flew over my head. I have a basic idea of kaballistic concepts but would like some sort of textbook to work through and help me internalize.

My google-fu turned up this:

https://books.google.com/books?id=n3SF58ibuSgC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

I'm probably going to order it anyway but I would be grateful if you gave it a quick looksie to establish whether it's worthwhile. It seems good to my limited knowledge but as stated my knowlede is limited...
>>
>>19187671
>Treesong Ravenwank
Made me giggle
>>
>>19187681
It's sort of just like an inverse of Krsnism.
For the Krsnites, he's an avatar of Vishnu and Parameshvara to which Shiva is subordinate.

In Saivism, Shiva is Parameshvara (!?) with no intermediary avatar.

There's no "particularism", they think the Krsnite formulas WORK, just that they're, well, shitty.

Diplomatic VEDIC scholars will quietly assert that Shiva and Vishnu are the same dude with different manifestations.
>>
>>19187254
I recommend The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. If you were left alone on a desert island you could probably find enlightenment with that book alone.
>>
>>19187702
>Laitman
Sheeit that's a pretty traditional source but looks perfectly legit (if a bit dry and mechanical for my tastes).

>>19187709
Totally gonna be my next VtM Tremere clan character.

>>19187701
There have been half assed and quasi serious efforts to reactivate Perfectibilism in South America...lemme thumb through my old bookmarks.
>>
>>19187724
>If you were left alone on a desert island you could probably find enlightenment with that book alone.
He ain't lying.
I'm partial to Shiva Samhita but, y'know, I'm a partisan.
>>
>>19187732
>lemme thumb through my old bookmarks.
http://es.metapedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_L%C3%B3pez_de_Rojas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQbfP_HiDyM
http://www.illuminatiorderoto.com/signatory-of-irradiation.php

They're claiming A.'.A.'. succession through Frank Bennett which tells me there's some link to William Barden.
>>
>>19187766
>when David Bersson's so assblasted at an admittedly female preferential bisexual for dumping his retarded ass he turns his MWT commentary into a shitpost about her
http://magicianandexorcist.org/roundtable/mwt.html
>>
>>19187766
Why are they SO assblasted about this guy in pic? What did he actually do to piss them off?
>>
File: Claudia.jpg (16KB, 300x409px) Image search: [Google]
Claudia.jpg
16KB, 300x409px
>>19187804
>>19187766
After the lawsuit it appears some images were removed from the internet and pics taken down.

The pic of Clauida used to be on Bersson's site, along with the story about how Gunther was plotting to kill her, which is why Motta gave him the boot.
>>
>>19187818
WHY was Gunther plotting to kill her? That whole situation seems SO fucked up.
>>
File: dddb2.jpg (79KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
dddb2.jpg
79KB, 600x406px
>>19187807
>Why are they SO assblasted
Berssonfags gonna Berssonfag.

See: >>19187804

>>19187818
Pic related is James Daniel Gunther shortly before the incident.
>>
>>19187820
>WHY was Gunther plotting to kill her
I dunno.
Fork over two hundred bucks to listen to the World Teacher himself and ask the man in Q&A.
>you'd be my hero.

Left to right - Richard Gernon, Debbie O'Melia, James Daniel Gunther, and James Wasserman.

Menthu Lodge, Nashville, TN.

This is the last surviving copy of this image at this size and resolution, the other being on Tahuti Lodge's website.
>>
>>19187851
>>
File: collage.jpg (227KB, 795x767px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
227KB, 795x767px
>>19187864
Listen to this sniveling shitfuck:

https://youtu.be/TmDsxyTc3a8?t=1192
>>
>>19187609
Idel's new perspectives
>>
>>19187851
Would ABSOLUTELY love to. If the opportunity arises, you will hear about it.
Wasserman looks like Zappa
>>
>>19187869
>>19187869
Do you think the Brazilian OTO is more "legitimate" or is it just as cucked because of the Motta lineage
>>
>>19187869
>this lovely podium
>as he gestures toward the LECTERN
>>
>>19187869
>he becomes PHYSICALLY DISTRESSED at the IDEA of someone in the same room pledging lineal obedience to anyone but him

Here's him in DC at the National Press Club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QDMK_CUeP8
>>
>>19187869
>Comments are disabled for this video.

kek
>>
>>19187885
What minute mark? Don't have time to watch the whole thing but NEED to catch that
>>
>>19187885
>His description of the United States
[CITATION MISSING]
>>
>>19187885
Jesus what a sniveling piece of shit. His A.A collection really did help me when I was a neophyte, I wish his "Magickal Politics" wasn't so shitty.
>>
>>19187883
No, go to the time listed, for real.
It's MIND BLOWINGLY awful.

>>19187880
Brazilian OTO is now the Caliphate OTO. Has been for like ten fifteen years. Frater Thor established an alliance with the Guntherites for official OTO recognition then tore up his Gunther Oath and Task, fished out his Motta Oath and Task, and framed it.

Pretty based imho.
" They asked the doctor to release me, I came here and they started me here in this apartment. We even took a picture, "he said, amused, adding that they were accompanied by a Brazilian, self-styled frater Iskuros, who would be the leader of the group's official branch in the country. " I went to a certain meeting and I had a quarrel with him, unfortunately. Then I pulled away from the American OTO. Nowadays, we are friends, we call each other, we talk, we all talk. I took what I had already founded the society of New Aeon, I started working with the New Aeon and founded the OCT , which is the Order of the Knights Thelem to . ".

His irritation with thelemic organizations was visible. " There is a group there that is forming, OTOM. Ordo Templis Orienti Mundi. They will work on it there and I will support them to the point where I think they are following the law of Thelema correctly. If it's not, I'm off. I'm not ... they know that, perfectly, not here for that. I'm too old now! "

Six months after this statement, he would break, also for the blog, with OTOM, in a post titled simply " Whom it may concern ":
>>
>>19187909
Fug that is based.

Thelema really needs a Martin Luthor figure to show up and nail some shit to a door.
>>
>>19187909
>No, go to the time listed, for real.
>It's MIND BLOWINGLY awful.

What?
>>
File: 348127232-348127275_7673.png (22KB, 110x110px) Image search: [Google]
348127232-348127275_7673.png
22KB, 110x110px
Is PaloChan okay? I haven't seen her for the last 5+ threads
>>
>>19187894
Copy the LINK

https://youtu.be/TmDsxyTc3a8?t=1192

Paste into Browser.

Starts at 19:42

>>19187909
" I inform everyone that I, Euclydes Lacerda de Almeida, I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THE ORGANIZATION NOMINATED OTOM, as stated in a document posted here, and that my name and photo were published in the" blog "of this organization without my permission. I do not agree with the philosophies and concepts belonging to the aforementioned Organization, and those who affirm to the contrary are deceived or deceived. I am the Thelemite, and I do not co-exist with somewhat dreary ideas with restraints of other currents of thought contrary to Thelemic doctrine which does not embrace, agree, or issue ideas of racial difference and other prejudices foreign to our Doctrine in which "Every man and woman is a star ". I am, and I will always be a representative of Thelema in our country, but not the only one. I would also like to inform all interested parties, That I am at the disposal of any persons who wish further clarification on the subject. But let the issues be made within the standards of respect used by civilized and educated people . "
>>
>>19187922
I hope :3

>>19187913
I'm trying to find the direct citation, it's a pain digging through translated Portuguese.

>>19187925

Already in 1975, I founded the New Æon Society, and with this organization I began to spread Thelema in Brazil within my possibilities. At this time Caliphado was still unknown in our country. In 1995 I started in that branch, with which I maintained relations until 1996, when I asked for my resignation, returning my patent. Two reasons made me take this attitude: first, my initiation had been carried out using Ordo Templi Orientis rituals published by Francis King. Disillusioned with, and knowing the implications, of this fact, I saw myself in the right to disconnect myself from Caliphado; Second: I did not agree with the appointment of Mr. Marcelo Santos as Master of the Camp. This appointment should have been offered to someone else - so I thought at the time. But today I realize the error of my attitude towards Mr. M. Santos (Frater I.).

In the face of all these events, I myself took the position of Superior Frater for Brazil, I continued my work of spreading the Order using the New Aeon Society as a material basis. It was a right that fit me as IXth Ordo Templi Orientis, Zelator of A∴A∴, and Initiate of the Order of Thelema. In 1966, together with other Frati and Sorores who remained at my side, I created the OCT (Order of the Knights of Thelema), an order working on the Masonic system, but with Rituals elaborated by Marcelo Ramos Motta in the 70's. In this work we adopted some Ideas of Frater Achad and Jack Parsons, believing them to be of interest to the Order and within the Thelemites guidelines. Some rituals were modified, reformulated within Thelema's Law and following particular observations, given to me, by Frater Parzival.
>>
>>19187925
I'm pretty confused by what his reasoning is for saying his lineage is the only correct one and all other lineages are just "Wrong", just like i'm also confused by his justification for relating the A.A and O.T.O together against the specific instructions of the Beast 666
>>
>>19187925
Wow. Talk about someone being up their own ass.
>>
>>19187932
Now who told you to say that you know who you are, right? It was the American OTO , "he explained, referring to the group known as the Caliphate, who won a lawsuit over rights to certain works by Crowley claimed by Motta.

In one of the rare times he resorted to half-words and theatrical subterfuges. Euclydes pointed to Keron-ε, the middleman of the interview. " He knows who I am and I respect him a lot. The people of the United States are very afraid of me, "he added, as if asking the fellow fraternity to endorse his claim. And she burst out into an outburst:

" The problem is this: after I and Marcelo parted, I continued to spread Thelema through the Order of the Knights of the Round Table . This order no longer exists, it worked in Paraíba do Sul. It was subsidiary of the New Æon Society , which was exactly the whole propagator of thelemic philosophy and literature. I continued through the New Æon Society. Later, I founded the Order of the Knights of Thelema , that worked in Paraíba do Sul, and later in Juiz de Fora. The leader in Juiz de Fora, at that time, was Tarcisio (Oliveira). Died. When he died, the order was finished, he finished with it. And I did not give procedure. Because I have come to the conclusion that this group business does not solve and it does not help! It is preferable to style A ∴ A ∴ Who is there is A ∴ A ∴ and that's it. I'm from A ∴ A ∴ , however, I do not interfere with the lives of those who are there and whoever is there does not interfere with mine. Never. We keep our friendship, our brotherhood, we keep in touch even with those who fight with us! That continue in A ∴ A ∴ too . " We keep in touch even with those who fight with us! That continue in A ∴ A ∴ too . " We keep in touch even with those who fight with us! That continue in A ∴ A ∴ too . "
>>
>>19187944

- Euclydes receives a delegation from the Californian OTO (Caliph) to be initiated into it. The initiation is not complete, being only that of Minerval, for reasons of health and recognizes as a magic act the non-union with this group due to the friction of the same with Adjuvo in the past.

- 16 of August - foundation of the OCT (Order of the Knights of Thelema) in Paraíba do Sul, RJ.

- 11 September - dissociates itself from any branch of the OTO

- October 7 - asks for shutdown of the Californian OTO.

- April 1 - starts exchanging emails with Peter R. Koenig after knowing the site of the same . He's amazed at what's coming to the OTO around the world.

- Edits a periodical called Portal das Estrelas for approximately two years, linked to OCT de Juiiz de Fora.

- December 20 - Leave the OCT for Frater Ben Hur and Frater Iscurus Australis.

- 23 April - Dies Frater Ben Hur, co-founder of OCT

- February 29 - The OCT withdraws to silence and it was decreed that the New Aeon Society will not be an order but a vehicle for the disclosure of Thelema's Law.

- March 24 - Makes an official statement of the A. '. A., In his profile on a social network on the Internet, where he stops receiving candidates, indicating for the task in Brazil, Frater Keron-E (archives of A. '.THE.'.).

- May 27 - enters the final phase of his life by announcing the process in an article on his blog .

- August 5 - Keron-E sends an e-mail to Thor, at his request, material referring to the Oath of the Abyss (archives of A '' A ''). On a visit in December, Keron-E obtains confirmation of Thor's achievement from Thor.

- November 22 - Grants a series of interviews to a journalist from Rio explaining the inconsistencies related to A. In the book The Magician (official biography of Paulo Coelho).

- Start participating in another group order, the OTOM It does not take long and breaks with them
>>
>>19187944
>e with the lives of those who are there and whoever is there does not interfere with mine. Never. We keep our friendship, our brotherhood, we keep in touch even with those who fight
Half of this stuff reads like a poor translation from a dead language or something. What's up with that?
>>
>>19187948
In the last two years, the study and discussion on Thélema in Brazil, would not be complete without bringing to the public certain facts that, recently, began to leave the shadows through vast documentation arrived at our hands. The analysis of these documents has shown us the urgent need to bring them to the notice of all those who, inserted in the Thelemic Movement, yearn for and need the truth.

It does not matter who gave us the documents, or what circumstances moved them to do so, whether by traumatism caused by specific and recent events, whether by frustration or personal anger. These are details that in no way invalidate the documents. What is important is their existence and authenticity.
We want nothing more than to show what is happening, and it happened, behind the scenes of the Brazilian Thelemic Movement. We do not blame or address any of the disciples of N.Tz (author of the document chosen first in this series of notes we start today), we have nothing against or in their favor. We believe they have been glamourized. We can not therefore blame them. How many of us would not fall into the same mistake? The big problem is that we all want success in our endeavors, and in the eagerness to carry out this salutary desire we sometimes become blind to many realities. And it is precisely for these realities that I call everyone's attention.
Exactly two days ago, I received an envelope containing extensive documentation between letters, e-mails, reviews, etc. Among these an interesting email, sent by N.Tz (e-mail address [email protected] ) answering the various questions formulated by Dr. Santos. Of course, N.Tz. Is a magic bike, but your identification will be perfectly intuited through your electronic address.
Let us, therefore, to this analysis;
>>
>>19187950
>Portuguese through G.translate
Cannot find the direct bit where he breaks with Gunther. Also noticed I lost a really good blog about the Motta lawsuit.
>>
newfag here has anyone had any kind of proof that they really are contacting other wordly forces. thank you in advance for any answers, so far all my reading into esotericism has been more on the philosophical side
>>
>>19187988
Ah ok, THAT's why. Was scanning some of the AA/OTO YT vids, one claiming to reveal big secrets about OTO said "Crowley's Book of the Law is their Bible." Gee, it's unprecedented that they were able to gain this level of access to the deepest secrets of OTO!!!! Lel
>>
>>19187996
>so far all my reading into esotericism has been more on the philosophical side
K.

>>19188009
I'm gonna have to pour through the Frater Thor materials soon to find my citation.
This is a bizarre little gem:
http://angg.twu.net/members.ozemail.com.au/~realoto/nclr12.html
>>
>>19188064
did you had any contact with non-human entities? I'm genuinly curious, I would like to know
>>
>>19188064
Oh wow I think this is Barden's.
We don't have much of his writing:

https://web.archive.org/web/20010421084922/http://members.ozemail.com.au:80/~realoto/nclr.html
>>
>>19188081
If you're philosophically inclined and skeptical I'd direct you to Levinas' "Totality and Infinity".
>>
>>19188125
I'm sorry if I sounded like I'm skeptical, I'm not. I just want to see if people that actually pratice rituals have had results or special experiences after. I'm not skeptical just curious
>>
I have a question. Now it is about a shit tier consparicy so I ask with a pound of salt. But I've heard that "The State" has the technology to "block out" magick and spiritual phenemon.

What kind of veracity does a claim like this have? Surely if this were the case many systems of divination would fail. Monks who meditate would not produce results measurable by medical equipment. And surely etheric pracitces such as past life regression and astral travel would similarlly be moot. As the hypotesis stakes its existance on the "powers that be" being able to block out all forms of magic. Any opnions on such a postulation?
>>
>>19188120
>"The person filling this office shall appoint his or her successor."

Holy Shit, Ebony Anpu WAS the new Caliph and the EC cucked him.
>>
>>19188176
>We could have had an O.T.O filled with Draco-tinged "Fresh Fever"

That really activates my almonds...
>>
Is the arbatel grimoire legit? Would be keen to summon an Olympic spirit from it but the entire ritual seems to only be one short prayer.
Is there a full ritual for the summoning elsewhere?
>>
Is it advisable to have a shrine dedicated to a Lemegeton entity? Isn't that just like cuckolding yourself, considering the nature of these things?
>>
>>19188285
>arbatel
Yes but it's weak.
Consider the Greek Magical Papyrii.

>>19188383
Maybe.
>>
>>19188175
>I've heard that "The State" has the technology to "block out" magick and spiritual phenemon.
i've been hearing that to, i hope somebody has an answer for your question man
>>
>>19188388
Is there any precedent for such shrines, historically? Also, not that anon, but what is a good resource for Olympic spirit info and the evocation thereof, other than/in addition to GMP?
>>
>>19187671
I'm more curious to hear your opinions the differences bioanatomical studies from Ctesias. How do you reconcile these with the studies found by Aristotle in Περί ζώων ιστορίας? They both make similar comparisons to the oryx, but differ in many key respects. I think the cosmographist C.I.'s work is the most definitive on the subject, but the work by J. Sherman and G. Hansen in 2004 is obviously a contender. A. K. Rosenthal's work in 2014 is one of the most recent, but doesn't really add anything new to the subject.
>>
>>19188398
If they do, it's not working very well.
>>
>>19188401
Saigas, bro.

>>19188399
Depends on what you mean tho.
Every occultist will have their devotional space.
Some stuff in GV and the Cyprianic materials imply shrines. GMP surely does. Mix'n'match and see what happens.

>>19188398
>>19188404
>>19188203
>>19188175
From a meeting between Robert Anton Wilson and Grady McMurtry:

Since everybody in the room at this point had either had the required experience, or was willing to speculate about it and study it objectively rather than merely banishing it with the label "hallucination," I went into my rap about the parallels between Leary and Wilhelm Reich. "The attempt to destroy both Dr. Reich and Dr. Leary reached its most intense peak right after they reported their extraterrestrial contacts," I said. "I keep having very weird theories about what that means..."

Grady McMurty nodded vigorously. "That's the $64,000 question," he said emphatically. "For years I've been asking Phylis and everybody else I know: why does the gnosis always get busted? Every single time the energy is raised and large-scale group illuminations are occurring, the local branch of the Inquisition kills it dead. Why, why, why?"

Nobody had any very conclusive ideas.

"I'll tell you what I think," Grady said. "There's war in Heaven. The Higher Intelligences, whoever they are, aren't all playing on the same team. Some of them are trying to encourage our evolution to higher levels, and some of them want to keep us stuck just where we are."

According to Grady, some occult lodges are working with those nonhuman intelligences who want to accelerate human evolution, but some of the others are working with the intelligences who wish to keep us near an animal level of awareness.
>>
>>19188450
Specifically referring to someone who makes a shrine to a particular entity as an offering/sacrifice for a contract carried out.
>>
>>19188468
>Mix'n'match and see what happens.
>>
>>19188388
>Greek Magical Papyri
Is there a copy of this in the mega?
>>
>>19188450
>Saigas, bro.

The historical and anthropological studies don't really support this assertion, especially after B. G. Hennessy's publication.
>>
File: Capture+_2017-06-22-18-56-23.png (3MB, 1383x1403px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-06-22-18-56-23.png
3MB, 1383x1403px
>>19188503
>B. G. Hennessy
I just looked them up. Are you talking about unicorns?
>>
If someone wanted to send a spirit of a deceased person (assuming it's actually possible) to another person in their dreams so that the deceased may give their personal opinion of that person's actions directly to them, what would be a good approach? Considered maybe one of the Lemegeton, as necromancy is distasteful to me, but the mechanics of how they would do that make me wonder if perhaps that method would be even worse. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks.
>>
>>19188487
Yeah, it's in the Grimoires folder, Papyri Graecae Magicae.pdf.
>>
>>19182714
is white magick self illusion, meditation?
dark magick being imposition illusionary, a manipulative cunt?

both work but OP is a faggot
>>
>>19188818
It's a false distinction.
>both work
What are you on about?
>>
>>19188829
all of you young adults seem to
think planning ahead is some sort of magic trick

you can be selfless and put in hard work and effort, or you can lie and manipulate on the fly.
thinking you're "fooling" gentiles
we know, watch. we hope you get better
we will abandon you soon
>>
Does anybody have anything on manipulating the physical body? I've looked and all I could find were some basic meditations and some book named the Morphosephram.
>>
File: gods-loving-angels.jpg (36KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
gods-loving-angels.jpg
36KB, 500x275px
>>19188847
meditation with mirrors
its dangerous if you allow bad thought forms tho

just picture the electron cloud slowly going "away" because it can, it is quantum and so is your neuron creation at the plank scale

take your time, you wont even notice it but you'll feel the self confidence

if you get lazy you can get all fucked up but you can blame it on plastic surgery these days

pic related, mirror meditation is pretty new in this timeline so you're ahead of the curve
>>
File: 1497986549608.png (72KB, 529x587px) Image search: [Google]
1497986549608.png
72KB, 529x587px
>>19188841
>it's a "newfriends come to larp in /omg/" episode
>>
>>19188176
>Holy Shit, Ebony Anpu WAS the new Caliph and the EC cucked him.

!

>>19188450
>Grady McMurtry

Yep.
>>
>>19189001
Grady also marked a special chest as Ebony's Inheritance from Guru to Best Student, a chest filled with books and Magickal items, many of them passed down from Crowley himself. Hymaneous Alpha wrote an Official O.T.O. Letter about the chest and it was placed at Thelema Lodge, in Berkeley, for "Safe Keeping."

It was not long after that that Grady passed in 1986 and control of the entire OTO was now being actively fought in court by three separate factions, none of whom seem particularly worthy of being Caliph of the OTO to Ebony, and none of whom seemed to care about Ebony, his contributions to the Order, nor his Magickal Status as Direct Descendant of Crowley, through Grady.Some O.T.O. history. Had he Willed it; Frater 137, Ebony Anpu, could just as easily argued in court that _he _ should be the new Caliph. But Ebony was humble and anything but power-hungry. He saw the court battle as petty and below him, preferring to live a life of Rituals and Magick to bullshit Politicking. He saw the Order he helped to build being filled with "slaves" and "sheeple." People who _worshipped_ Crowley, rather than trying to be like him! the exact mistake that Crowley attributed to the massive failure of Christianity; Everyone _worshipping_ Jesus Christ, instead of trying to _Emulate_ him, as Jesus taught. Now the O.T.O. was being populated by what Ebony called "Crowleyanity," the worship and veneration of Crowley as a Prophet or Messiah, rather thanba humanbTeacher and role-model. Now ranks of people were joining the O.T.O. because of the rumors of Sex Magick in the Higher Degrees. Lustfulll and petty people who saw Crowley's and thus O.T.O.'s Gnostic Mass with its Naked Priestess on the Altar, as nothing more than foreplay to a sex show. Master Anpu would often say of such people, "do your Gods answer your Prayers? If not they must not like you much! Because mine do! Ha ha ha! Maybe you'all need to trade up."
>>
>>19189043
The worst affront of all was when a newly (and suspiciously speedily-initiated) 9th Degree named Jerry Cornelius, aka, Frater Achad, stole Grady's trunk (Ebony's Legitimate Inheritance for all his work on behalf of the Order) for his own, keeping it at his own Oakland O.T.O. Oasis for years after here . Cornelius, to this very day, has done *nothing* at all for the O.T.O. Or the Magickal Community besides setting up his own little fiefdom inside it, brainwashing countless, innocent, O.T.O. Initiates into his own egocentric and perverse view of "Thelema," and Magickally attacking any promising Student of Thelema, even a 14-year-0ld student of both Master Long's and Master Anpu's named Barrett Brown

Cornelius has no Shame nor honor. He attacked young Barrett with demons summoned and bound usingCrowleys Goetia. Lucky (or Destined, perhaps) for Barrett, he was a very skilled student of the Goetia even at 14, and was able to defeat Cornelius Magickal attack easily. the next Wednesday, at Ebonys 7pm Ceremonial Magick class, Barrett mentioned that he had been mysteriously attacked by someone he did not even know! he described Jerry Cornelius, giving both his birth and Order name ("Frater Achad," meaning "Love and Unity," a cruel Irony for a Left-Hand Path Black Magician like Cornelius!), along with hisDegree. Both Masters Long and Anpu were shocked, to say the least.
>>
>>19189052
>>19189043
Barrett was the first of only two children who ever attended Ebonys classes at Ancient Ways, the other being Daniel Callahan, who now works with the Multi-Disciplinary Association of Psychedelic Research (MAPS) Stanford in Molecular Biology. Barrett,to the best of my knowledge, began attending UC Berkeley at sixteen years old (as too did Daniel) and today has a BA in Cultural Anthropology (specializing in Indignous Magick, Whitchcraft, and Shamanism) from UC Santa Cruz, is a Master Freemason, and a Baba l'Orisha, training to be an Awo, initiated into his Ile at Ode Remo, Nigeria. The intelligence and subsequent world-wide successes of these two Pupils (Daniel often equated with the Jackal and Barrett the Hawk) of Ebony's speak for themselves. There were no "dunces" among Ebony's Pupils (with the negligible exception of that twat Nathan Bjorge). Master Brown has long been known to the Magickal Community in the Bay Area as one of, if not "The", most dedicated Student Ebony ever had, with the possible exception of Randall James. Daniell isinitiated into a Lucumi Ile and is fast on his way to becoming a full Santero. Ebony's Chest stayed with Cornelius until a Magickal battle between an A:.A:. Lodge located within an O.T.O. Camp in Hayward run by Mark Newcomb, aka Frater Lux Summos Dios, with the assistance of Master Long, and (now) Master Brown, at the instigation of Cornelius and the few so-called pupils of his own corrupt and twisted view of Thelema.
>>
>>19189060
>>19189052
>>19189043
A classic White Lodge versus Black Lodge scenario, which happens all over the world daily, and is fairly accurately depicted in Crowley's second novel-based-on-realityMoonchild. , as well as one by Alejando Jodorowsky,Psycomagick

In the end the Black Lodge was defeated and Cornelius mysteriously lost his lease; scattering him and his students, but never recovering the chest. The new Regime really seemed to want Ebony to be completely forgotten, for reasons still unclear to The White Lodge. Conelius made up a fiction from out his ample behind, wherein _he_, and not Ebony, was actually Grady's "True Pupil," though any competant Historian will quickly prove the two never even met! Two remaining members of this White Lodge are Frater Lux Summos Dios, aka Mark Newcomb, 6th Degree OTO, (mark link)and Wade Long, OTO/TOS/Independant/US Navy. Though Master Newcomb is a True Adept and member of A:.A:, his health and memory are not at all what they used to be, and sadly his "memories" of Ebony and Hawk and Jackal are less-than-accurate. Master Long, on the other hand, was an especially intelligent and resourceful Initiate of Ebony's in the late 1980's through the year 1999 and his accurate account of Ebony can be found:Here. Master Long, fresh from the Navy (where he precociously listed his religion as "Satanist"), knew the Genuine Article when he saw it and Ebony was a true A:.A:. adept, if there ever was one. Master Long helped Ebony to perfect his written manuscripts, improve some of the formulas, and took Barrett under his wing. For though Ebony was constantly impressed by the questions and actions of that young Magician, he was still quite legitimately paranoid about hanging out with minors, the Oz House Police Raid forever tattooed upon his Mind. Master Long took over from Barrett and completed his training for the next four years, until Ebony would finally let Barrett into his personal life, His Hawk and Jackal Coven, etc.
>>
>>19188888
Gotta love this whole "let's conflate quantum theory, which we understand 0.0001% of, with magick, and claim science is now proving magic via quantum theory" meme.
>>
>>19189043

Yep, yep.

>>19189052

I knew about Gollum and the trunk. He and his brought down Kali Lodge before arising like locusts and descending on Thelema. He it was that lifted brother Shall Cross from the proverbial gutter.
>>
>>19189070
>Another true story of such a Magickal Battle, which takes place around this time period is well chronicled in "The Black Lodge of Santa Cruz," by Satyr.

Though Ebony's role is minor in this short narrative, the depiction is extremely accurate, and portrayals of other people important to Ebony (like Kaitlain) can be found there, along with a good description of the general feelings of the time: The Black Lodge of Sant Cruz

The Completely Active Ceremonial Magicians, that the O.T.O. was designed to train, were actually very rare, most members only reading about Magick, but never successfully practicing it. This disheartened Ebony to no end, but rather than fight the O.T.O. Court Winner,William S. Breeze, new O.T.O. Caliph, Ebony just withdrew and practiced more with the Hawk & Jackal
>>
>>19189070
>Wade Long

Lola's son, isn't he?
>>
>>19189052
Thought Frater Achad was C.S.Jones?
>>
>>19188720

I'm glad someone caught on.

I know /x/ somehow manages to consistently be more retarded than /b/, but actual intellectuals realize that posters like >>19187671 are completely retarded posers.

Of course I haven't read the random works he named dropped. I have a library of over 100 books on various technical subjects, but what are the odds than anyone has read the exact same things he has?

About the same probability that anyone has read the various works of antiquity and modern works about unicorns, all of which I similarly name dropped.

I'm as much an expert on unicorns as that LARPer is on "magic", aka, "things that don't exist".

I could post for hours about the various works on unicorns, like magic, but at the end of the day, such knowledge is a complete waste because neither actually exist.
>>
File: 1497915306161.jpg (59KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497915306161.jpg
59KB, 480x480px
>>19189115
Iunno.

>>19189116
Yes, but that doesn't mean Jerry wasn't using that name, iirc.

>>19189124
>anyone has read the various works of antiquity
You show me yours and I'll show you mine ;)
>>
>>19189124
>but what are the odds than anyone has read the exact same things he has?
Should be pretty high, for any holder of degree(s). Maybe not *all* the exact same things, but there should be a LOT of names in the center of that venn diagram.
>>
>>19189124
>thinking magic is fireballs
>being this much a pleb
>cant into 5 minutes of research to see what it is about
what's the point in having 100 books on technical subjects if you're basically brain dead?
>>
>>19189115
>>19189083
SATYR, we know where/how they got the Ring.

From Grady.

>From August 1976 e.v. and forward-

11.1.3.1 -

The Library is fully removed from Calaveras County to a house in Dublin, California, occupied by Phyllis Seckler.
[56A, 230-231]

11.1.3.2 -

Grady McMurtry takes the following items from the Library: one copy of Liber Aleph, two vinyl recordings of Aleister Crowley, a book by Legge, a small collection of "menus," "addenda of various kinds," an "antique Bible," and several things on his "own recognizance." (No mention is made of the ring of the O.H.O. or Karl Germer's final diary.)
[56A, 99-101]
>>
I'll just leave this here
http://www.parareligion.ch/white.htm
>>
>>19189124
>calling himself "an actual intellectual" while exposing his total ineptness and retardation
How adorable!
>>
>>19189148

The ring was hidden in Sasha's purse. I've held that purse.
>>
File: Gardner's Besom.jpg (58KB, 480x960px) Image search: [Google]
Gardner's Besom.jpg
58KB, 480x960px
>>19189149
>implying I haven't read Pete for years and will not be appearing in an anthology with him next year
>>
File: Cosmic_Rays.jpg (68KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmic_Rays.jpg
68KB, 400x400px
>>19188900
>00
No matter, All is well.
>>
File: 1497332105269.jpg (3MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
1497332105269.jpg
3MB, 3006x5344px
>>19189163
Did you see someone posted Gunther's Notes on the Pylons?
>>
>>19189173
I was implying nothing.
I am simply giving a link for those who may be interested in, at least one aspect, the history of the OTO.
To be clear I was taught not to be cautious but bold. So I have no dog in this fight.
>>
>>19182714
Is it normal to feel wrong (like if you did something wrong) after your first sigil?
>>
>>19189204
>taught not to be cautious
I was, at the point of a sword.

Fat lot of learnin' that did me.
>>
>>19189216
Only if you were raised under a system like Christianity or any of the other guilt/fear trip-based religions

Hey I just google "Liber L" to find the wikipedia page, and a bunch of links came up to "Liber L vel Bogus." by Richard Cole. Anyone know what this guy is so assblasted about?
>>
>>19189230
>Anyone know what this guy is so assblasted about?
The legitimate problem of the folder containing the materials and diaries relating to L's reception being removed from the public Yorke Microfilm release. I include the abstract for L vel Bogus in Film 9, w/r/t the missing OS23 file (SOME of which is reprinted in OTO Rituals and Sex Magick, pete got to it before the Caliphate could redact it).
>>
>>19189264
Oh? Everything I read about it sure made it look like he was calling Crowley a fraud RE: Liber L.

Also, what's the deal with Koenig? Never read him before, but he seems a bit...revisionist, in some respects?
>>
>>19189273
Keonig's the best historian the Order has.
Too bad he's actively hostile to the Order.

>Crowley a fraud RE: Liber L.
He is; he's just a conspiratorial minded idiot trying to get a few minutes of fame.

His analysis ignores diaries and supporting materials.

L wasn't a fraud it was a reconstruction. Rose threw some papers in a fire during an alcoholic fit. It was probably the original Liber L.

He then, probably, created "Ritual to Have Any Knowledge" to re-receive the text.
>>
>>19189286
Oh? Ok now I'm really confused, because your first answer was that he was assblasted about:

>The legitimate problem of the folder containing the materials and diaries relating to L's reception being removed from the public Yorke Microfilm release.

Please send help!
Also, what is Ritual to Have Any Knowledge?
>>
>>19189308
Because it is?

The public release of the Yorke Microfilms has OS 23 missing.

OS 23 has the materials relating to the reception of L.

The Guntherites removed it because they're afraid of having the mythos revised, to fraudulence/incompleteness/less than clean transmission.
>>
>>19189139
Already did, scroll up "wyzyrd".

>>19189146
But that's exactly why everyone gets into it. Everything that follows after is bargaining.
>Okay, I can't shoot fireballs, but I can totally affect probabilities of you don't measure them!
>Okay, I can't do that either, but it's totally about """spirituality"""!
>Okay, it turns out all these "spiritual" people were just after money and pussy, but... something something history? And anthropology?
You are here.

>>19189153
Try using your words like a big boy.
>>
>>19189322
>an incomplete sentence followed by a brief exclamation
>"not words"
You sound like a hell of an intellectual, anon. You probably spend all kinds of time reading those 100 books you have, to have become this perceptive and intelligent!
>>
>>19189318
>Ritual To Have Any Knowledge" from page 682 of the Big Blue Brick

>>19189322
You said you had a hundred books and I'm not actually well versed on topics of ancient texts. What's your take on CH's notion of Physis? Do you class Teletarchs as Archons? What do you think of Abhinavagupta's field aesthetics? How much of GMP would you substitute into Resh? Do you think the Tower of Silence architectural advice in the Gathas is invokatory or simply geometric?
>>
>>19189318
Oh maybe it's just because I read a summary and not the text itself. The summary made it look like his beef was based what he believes to be a conflict between Crowley's diary entries and his public statements RE: L.
>>
>>19189345
There are, sorta.
His analysis is just facile aggressive autism tho.
He thinks he's got it all figured out but can't bother to do the diary historiography.
>>
>>19189350
Gotcha. That's certainly the impression given. What's the official title of the blue brick? having trouble finding the ritual or book title with google-fu
>>
>>19189322
Holy shit can you please end your miserable pedantic little life? You know that you have no genuine connection to another human being right?
>>
>>19189339
>What's your take on CH's notion of Physis? Do you class Teletarchs as Archons? What do you think of Abhinavagupta's field aesthetics? How much of GMP would you substitute into Resh? Do you think the Tower of Silence architectural advice in the Gathas is invokatory or simply geometric?

This is the literal pseudo-intellectualism I was referring to.

>How do you reconcile these with the studies found by Aristotle in Περί ζώων ιστορίας? They both make similar comparisons to the oryx, but differ in many key respects. I think the cosmographist C.I.'s work is the most definitive on the subject, but the work by J. Sherman and G. Hansen in 2004 is obviously a contender. A. K. Rosenthal's work in 2014 is one of the most recent, but doesn't really add anything new to the subject.

These are all works about literal unicorns. If you're even 1/4 As I telligent as you claim to be "reading encyclopedias while still in the womb", it's a crime against humanity that you wasted such potential being a role-playing faggot.

But we both know if you were actually that smart, you wouldn't be duped into joining some "thelema" cult, and would have been smart enough to cut your losses after learning that magic isn't actually real.
>>
>>19189322
>That's exactly why everyone gets into it
[CITATION MISSING]
just because you have an infantile conception of what leads such highly varying individuals to pursue any given path does not necessarily mean that those individuals are choosing said path with the same infantile level of perception.
Feel free to prove me wrong by filling in the brackets above.
>>
>>19189357
Pretty sure it's just in Equinox of the Gods from 3:1.

>>19189365
>This is the literal pseudo-intellectualism I was referring to.
So what have you read that we can hold discourse on?

>reading encyclopedias while still in the womb
I'm not sure how you got that from me being in a household that had an encyclopedia set between the ages of six and seven.

>and would have been smart enough to cut your losses after learning that magic isn't actually real.
What do you mean cut my losses? I've made an academic career out of being "that esoteric dude".
>>
>>19189365
I'm convinced these faggots are OTO because they only show up and derail threads when Ape talks shit about the OTO. Fuck Bill Breeze, fuck your forum sliding bullshit, and fuck your implication that you're smart. If you were actually an intelligent person who didn't believe in unicorns you wouldn't be arguing about it on a Chinese Basket weaving forum. You're probably the dumbest person in this thread by the measure of self awareness
>>
>>19189365
>Not noticing that Ape's response was literally
Saigas, bro, as if that were a meaningful or thoughtful response instead of a clever way to keep thread bumped while still refusing to be trolled.

it's funny how you keep jumping on that like it's your trump card.
>>
>>19189393
>if that were a meaningful or thoughtful response

https://books.google.com/books?id=i11HAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA124&lpg=PA124&dq=saiga+antelope+unicorn&source=bl&ots=cuHiSJDNmB&sig=bEN2-rmbbhecn_3Nyqpsa0lzRaM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjT6OWA49LUAhWL6oMKHSrXDPAQ6AEINzAH#v=onepage&q=saiga%20antelope%20unicorn&f=false
>>
>>19189370
I'll fill it with all of occultism. Everything from alchemy, to the Goetia, to Enochian, as 100% directed towards getting money and/or pussy.

The fact that you don't know this speaks volumes about your ignorance towards the history of occultism.

Only new age historical revisionists pretend "haha it was really about spirituality haha".

Do you even understand the psychological mechanism behind why primitive retards turned to superstition in the first place?
>>
>>19189408
>Do you even understand the psychological mechanism behind why primitive retards turned to superstition in the first place?

Why don't you enlighten us all with your intelligence you fucking sperglord? Please cite specific historical conditions where superstition has appeared though, because so far you've made a lot of grandiose statements with very few citations.
>>
>>19189408
>>
>>19189408
Boy, they always said autism was incurable, but it never occurred to me that it could be so persistent!
>>
>>19189444
We're past bump limit, mates.

We barely had a reason to reply to him before, and certainly don't have one now.
>>
>>19189388
>Chinese Basket weaving forum

These keep getting better and better
>>
>>19189423
1. Dumbasses role-playing wizards have surrendered all right to call any other human being a "sperglord".

2. Superstitious occult bullshit was always used to try and control the elements you couldn't control otherwise.

You would build a boat as best as possible, and turn to superstition to hope it doesn't storm.

You would plant crops as best as possible, and turn to superstition to hope they get enough sun and rain.

By about the 1500s, people began to realize magic isn't real, and just straight up became scam artist.

Congrats on being as retarded as someone from 500 years ago.
>>
>>19189388
>I'm convinced these faggots are OTO

>post a huge block about the Rightful Caliph, Imam Ebony Anpu
>The Eternally Duplexitous Guntherite scum and their Rafidi sycophants dogpile the thread
>>
>>19189472
Commit suicide asap, your life must be crippled by the autism, no point in continuing to live.
>>
>>19189444
>autism is not believing in wyzyrd powers.

Come clean, anon.

How many years has it been since you've physically interacted with another human being?
>>
File: 1489254418931.jpg (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1489254418931.jpg
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>19189472
>Congrats on being as retarded as someone from 500 years ago.

>All of these scholars publishing for reputable and internationally acclaimed outfits like Brill and Cambridge are all just primitive retards
Wew lad.
>>
>>19189486

Congratulations on being the leading anthropological expert on unicorn farts.

/x/ thanks you for your service. Your parents must be proud. :^)
>>
>>19189472
Lel. Get a load of THIS guy. Gunther is the Master of my taint, and he can take his pleb-tier psych model bullshit and shove it straight into his urethra.

Also, Bill Breeze is the Outer Head of a Hemorrhoid
>>
>>19189498
It's funny that you think your role-playing is any better than their role-playing.
>>
>>19189509
But your role playing really gets the blood going! You'll really show those role playing wyzards by shitting up their thread and not saying anything of substance
>>
>>19189509

Thank you, but no congratulations needed. Truly, you are too kind and thoughtful to think of my well-being in such a way. And over the anonymous internet, no less! Watch out folks, we may have another Buddha on our hands!
>>
Since this thread is past bump limit remind me to post in the next thread about the Makropolis affair, which is related to the discussion you guys were having about the Hapsburgs and the occult
>>
>>19189539
You can make another. I got homework in a half hour, work in the AM. I'll be around for a bit tho.
>>
>>19189528
>>19189532

No.

I'm going to go to my job tomorrow.

You're going to keep trying to summon demons to get back at that girl in high school who rejected you.

"T-t-th

Every occult work on the subject says that yes, you're that much of a faggot, from the middle ages up to the current age.

You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>19189558
>I'm going to go to my job tomorrow.
Ooh, where do YOU work?
I'll be out at the museum archive all day with world class art :3
>>
>>19189567

>Imma humanities faggot

Be sure to shout an extra "END WHITE SUPREMACY" for me.
>>
>>19189567
Ayyy I just found some rare Ebonies for sale.
>>
>>19189558
>I'm going to my job tomorrow
Congratulations, bro! Must be nice to only work part time. Does your mom know you're using the internet?
>>
>>19189574
Oh man you just outed yourself as a major cuck lmao
>>
>>19189574
Wow, this level of assblasted butthurt is *almost* unprecedented
>hey I'm gonna go act like a massive faggot in this thread because I DON'T AGREE WITH THEM WAHHH!! WHY DON"T YOU GUYS THINK JUST LIKE ME?
>IMMA INTELLECTUAL GUISE
>DO YOU BELIEVE ME YET?
>>
>>19189574
How many hours have you spent at the SEM, TEM, doing x-ray diffractions and trace element analyses?

You're right, though, I should abandon the museum; I'll go ahead and tell Faizal and Janiqua to cancel my "Nordic Treasures" show in favor of the Negroid Lives Matter pieces from the local high school.
>>
>>19189598

About 20.

At no point did any of us waste our precious time on the SEM or TEM pretending to be a wizardfaggot.
>>
>>19189607
No, but at this point *one* of us has wasted a lot of *our* time pretending to be an intellectual. We won't tell you *who* though, it's a secret!
>>
>>19189580
>>19189592
>>19189593
>>19189598
>people who think they're wizards pretending that anyone else is a social outcast
Is this the new Reddit meme, or has /x/ somehow gone even further off the deep end?
>>
>>19189614
Seems to be the go-to theletubbie persona.
>>
>>19189616
Yeah, we're sure you're immersed in social activity, like every other shit poster on /x/
>>
>>19189621
>but actual intellectuals realize that posters like >>19187671 are completely retarded posers.
>"actual intellectuals"

Try not to pull it off, stroking it that hard.
>>
>>19189635

I'm sorry, maybe if I name drop a few more irrelevant authors that nobody has ever read, then magic will finally be real.

>This is what passes for "intellectualism" on /x/
>>
Hey Anpu fan, you in here?

Pls reply.
>>
>>19189668
Yes. I'm lurking here always because this is the only place on the internet people talk openly about the Tesseract
>>
>>19189671
I luv u.

Tell me, was Thelemic Witchcraft one of the documents that's no longer floating the web?
>>
>>19189688
>Tell me, was Thelemic Witchcraft one of the documents that's no longer floating the web?
Yes, yes it has been expunged from the webbernet.

Want a treat?
I got all 289 pages of it.
Guess what?
>It looks like Chumbley
>>
>>19189688
I got it from the Ebony Anpu geocities page, I think I have a copy of it on my home computer if you're looking for it
>>
>>19189693
Wait what the fuck I just have the truncated version?
Do you need my email again?
>>
>>19189693
>>19189688
N/m it was in the actual archive, my bad.
>>
>>19189712
It's truncated?
Good, then I've got full. Sending now.
>>
>>19189721
I luv you too. Thanks for being a tight occultist on the internet.
>>
>>19189721
>>19189712
Ok looking through the archive is from a core document that got split with dialogues and all; there may be extra material in here that's not in the archive tho I'll need to actually pick through it.
>>
>>19189737
>>19189735
THELEMIC MAGICK IS BROKE IN THE ARCHIVE BUT COMPLETE IN THE FILE I SENT
>>
>>19189744
You're right this is a lot bigger than the archive. Out of curiosity, how would it say it's like Chumbley?
>>
>>19189744
>>19189737
>>19189735
Partial notes from Heart of the Master (only one copy for sale to the public atm, may have fed it to the Daemon, may buy if still up in a week).
>>
>>19189753
Structure of the ritual year and the 11 cells of the aats.
>>
>>19189756
How much is it?
>>
>>19189779
85 USD if it's even still up after I showed the Daemon.
>>
>>19189784
>>19189779
Weiser has a cache.
One signed by Ebony.

https://www.weiserantiquarian.com/advSearchResults.php?action=search&orderBy=relevance&category_id=0&keywordsField=ebony+anpu
>>
>>19189786
I'll go halfsies on that with you if you put it on the Mega
>>
>>19189797
I'll email you in a week if it's still for sale; I'll need to unfuck my scanner.
>>
>>19189805
Alright include gonna disappear this weekend to a "Thelemic meet up" but feel free to hit me up
>>
>>19189811
sounds homoerotic
>>
>>19189817
You have no idea
>>
>>19189831
"I mean what do you want, Thelema is a solar-masculine religion, if you want the feminine, join Wicca."
*drops mic*
*bows queerly*
~t. Ken Anger in lecture
>>
>>19189756
>>19189759
>>19189779
>>19189784
>>19189786
>>19189797
>>19189805
>>19189811
It's cute how every other bullshit text failed tongue you magic powers...

But wait!

Heres the newest most secret magical text to date!

Surely this will give me magical powers!

How is it even possible to be this cucked? Not "meme cucked", literally this cucked.
>>
>>19189841
>>19189817
It's an officially sanctioned event of the OTO

Wink wink
Nudge nudge
>>
>>19189852
Oh you're still here

James Wassermann is a cuck too please pass that message to your superiors
>>
>>19189852
>sticking around a thread you dont like for the sole purpose of proving your autism over and over
it's almost like you've got nothing better to do with your life than to shitpost. that's ok, stick around, you bring chuckles to those who know you to be an infantile pleb.
>>
>>19189878

Okay, Gandalf.

Let's see you show those "well adjusted human being autists" your magical wizard powers that you've worked so hard to develop.
>>
>>19189902
im actually into yoga and general indic religious/philosophical thought. magic is a way to self-improvement through various methods of (often psychological) rituals and exercises. i actually wish that shooting fireballs was real because your kind of autist would get lit aflame all the time. shame.
>>
>>19189925
There's nothing magical about the benefits of yoga, you superstitious retard.

You can practice a healthy lifestyle of physical improvement without going full Scientology-tier magical retard.
>>
>>19189902
>Thinking that "magic" is the the magic from childhood fairytale fantasies
>Doesn't spend the ten minutes required to find out what it actually is
Yup, seems like you haven't grown up yet. And the fact that you have the entire internet at your fingertips...you could have learned the gist of what "magic" is in the time it took you to shitpost like a sperglord. But you didn't, so at the end of the day when you go to bed, you will have learned nothing new. Perhaps if you took the time to look into it, you'd realize that it might actually be something that appeals to your rational brain. But instead, you're here, shitposting like a moron. You think your words can hurt us, but you're literally like a small, petulent child. I can't get angry at a child, no matter how loudly it screams obscenities at me, because I can't fault a child for being the way it is.
>>
>>19189945
tsk tsk, little babby, i wasnt talking about magic as it relates to yoga, i was trying to give you a broad definition of what a lot of the folks in these threads consider as magic. youre conflating fireballs with mental discipline. some mental disciplines take the form of external rituals, others of internal ones, but the results are the same: a strenghtening of the individual will, a stronger a control of the mind, a clearer understanding of oneself and the general reality around oneself, etc. if you seriously can't see beyond your petty "understanding" of what magic is, then that's fine, but stop shitting up these threads. you're like a high school kid who thinks they get math trying to talk down to university kids that are far more advanced in the field. see past your own limitations, or dont, it's no skin off my back. ill go back to doing my yoga, you go back to whatever it is that you do. or continue posting. i literally dont care. but with each post you reveal more of your personality defect, which i dont find too funny, but im sure others here do, and when people in the future will look at the archives, theyll see your posts and think "wow, this one really does have autism, doesnt he? he cant even grasp a simple concept, yet he calls himself an intellectual. how droll."
>>
>>19189988
That's real nice, sweetie.

But that's not how it actually works, hun.
>>
Snookums.
There, am I cool yet?
>>
File: 1421468672378.png (934KB, 513x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1421468672378.png
934KB, 513x1117px
>leave
>do homework
>udpate thread
>it's still going
>>
>>19190106
autism never ends. it must be something in the water.
>>
>>19190106
>yfw still no wizard powers, no matter how many pdfs you upload
>>
>>19190117
Whoa there Jimbob Wasserman; if you're gonna relapse on junk between FB shitposts try to stay off of /omg/, you just look like a sloppy cunt.
>>
>>19190117
I'm using my wyzard powers rn to figure out why your mom is so unhappy with her child. Could it be because they aren't reaching their potential?
>>
i wonder what drives people like this guy to post the dumbest shit ever, over and over and over and over. are they that mentally unstable that they derive pleasure from this? unbelievable.
>>
>>19190142
>I wonder what my son will be when he grows up...
>An engineer?
>An accountant?
>A doctor?

Nope.

You spend your time LARPing on the dumbest board on 4chan pretending to be a wizard.

>w-well you're j-just as bad for

I didn't waste a decade of my life pursuing superstitious bullshit that obviously wasn't real.

How can you even stand to look at yourself in the mirror while you continue to peddle this retarded bullshit?
>>
>>19190212
If only you know what people who study finance did in their free time, besides cocaine and hookers
>>
>>19190226
>If only you know what people who study finance did in their free time, besides cocaine and hookers
One of them is a scanbro. He's on the east coast. More money than god. Bought up some of the John Balance collection. Loves obscure music and trashposting.
>>
>>19190226
LARP as wizards on 4chan?
>>
>>19190212
>An accountant?
pretty flattered that made the list, thanks jim
>>
>>19190260
>tfw nobody wants their son to grow up to be a filthy archaeologist or middle administrator for the Deep State™
>>
>>19190267
At least if you work for the deep state you get a government pension...
>>
>>19189322
I got into magick because I wanted bigger boobs. Shooting fireballs? That's stupid.
>>
If magic(k) is real, why do curses only work on people who believe in them?

And no, killing someone by blowing goofer dust in their face is not magic. That's just poisoning someone, and it's not supernatural.
>>
>>19190580
join the army then you'll have done something with your life
>>
>>19190600
What, you mean leeching off welfare for five years while shooting at defenseless arab kids? Nah.
>>
Newfag here, is this stuff real or just a trick of the mind kind of thing? None of that 'depends what you mean by real' nonsense either if you would.

I'm genuinely interested by skeptical.
Thread posts: 392
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.