[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you live normally?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: untitled22.jpg (240KB, 669x437px) Image search: [Google]
untitled22.jpg
240KB, 669x437px
I don't think I've ever experienced anything paranormal, but one of the things that makes hearing other peoples experiences hard to believe is the composure in which they tell the story and the fact that they go on living life relatively normal.

One of the reasons that I love the work of Lovecraft is most of the time, when his characters experience something beyond our normal everyday world, it rocks them to their core often to the point of insanity. They simply can't comprehend what they've seen because it is unnatural and calls in to question the very foundation of the physical world we live in.

Often when people share their paranormal experiences, its like they are recalling a normal memory when in fact they have encountered something that goes against everything your mind and the world around you has told you to be true since the day you were born...

tl;dr How do you live normal life after experiencing something that contradicts everything you've ever known?
>>
You learn to wear your masks, or you become very reclusive. But the latter is not easy depending where you live, nor is it advisable.
Of all my friends and acquaintances, maybe 2% know that I deal with the occult, and even those only know the outer shell.

When I was a bit younger I wanted to live a hermits live, but that view changed, because despite what I have seen (glimpses in the grand scheme of things) I see no point in fleeing this world. I rather bring the other side with me. This also steems from a certain practical point of view, because if I remain here, in society and all that, what's the poing of doing magic for example, If I cannot use it to improve my live.
Naturally there is also the quest for knowledge, truth, wisdom and the unknown, but again, that does not mean fleeing this world in my opinion.

So again, learn to wear your masks and share with those that could understand. Otherwise - Know, Dare, Will, Keep Silent.
>>
I'm a very private individual, thank God for the internet desu it's been my salvation against bottling up.
Anyway, think of soldiers, if you know any, they never talk about the things they go through unless you are a soldier as well.
>>
>>19182149
this is actually one of the best explanations I've heard... although they see things that their mind "can" fathom because they've heard of and know the horrors of war.

To experience true magic/paranormal entities would contradict everything your mind knows about the natural world.
>>
>>19182049
as for safety from the paranormal I had a girl friend that was a super powerful witch,like one of the strongest in the world thew some kind of warding or something over me so I can't be located by the paranormal except for the old fashioned way. I was raised in a background of being aware that its around so I'm used to it being real. As for the mundanes,I don't tell them about it,if they catch me and I think they can handle the information I tell the truth,if I don't I lie and dismiss it as me being a mythology buff/supernatural fan/I actually do say I was LARPing if among geek types. And if a hunter exposes themselves I try to bail them out saying they were pranked or scared or if necessary throw them under the bus saying they had a mental break down,hate to do it but its gotta be done. Also for the first weeks I always had weapons on me checked people for possession ect but now I know what to look for I'm just aware of my surroundings and memorized a spell or two if in a pinch.
>>
>>19182049
Lovecraft is so overrated.
>>
>>19182049
>How do you live normal life after experiencing something that contradicts everything you've ever known?
Those experiences *are* my normal, and to not have any would be extremely weird to me. To have NO paranormal experiences would contradict almost everything I've ever known!

Lovecraft's hysterical representations aside, having one's ideas of how things work get disproven is not earth-shattering at all. The brain simply assimilates the new information and your worldview evolves, just like when learning any other new information that says your old opinion was wrong.

>>19182388
>To experience true magic/paranormal entities would contradict everything your mind knows about the natural world.
Quite the opposite. I know the natural world to be chock full of the "unseen" and buzzing with energy of all sorts, and I detect it all. To experience a place without any of that would tell me that there was a trap set up and to GTFO ASAP.
>>
File: dpuzt.jpg (43KB, 490x250px) Image search: [Google]
dpuzt.jpg
43KB, 490x250px
>>19182506
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.