[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun Worship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: sunworship.jpg (52KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
sunworship.jpg
52KB, 550x367px
https://twitter.com/Lauratobin1/status/877378226741403648

Anyone else a bit worried for the future of humanity? We are returning to the most ancient of deities. I forsee a future of cannibalism and the end of science.

The natural retort is that we have built too much now to forget it, we are surrounded by roads and high technology...but I think some war is going to make us forget this...humanity is about to reset.
>>
>>19180826
What exactly do you mean we're flocking to the most ancient of deities? If anything don't most studies show people are either joining/remaining in the Three major religions or going Atheist?

Regardless if they are or not I follow Hellenism so I guess my point could be redundant but It seems like a few vocal minorities worshiping forgotten gods won't affect humanity at all.
>>
>>19180837
There will be a war on Islam soon, and all their books will be burned and remains of the scriptures destroyed. After that Christianity will try to establish itself again, but it will fail because there is a slow return to Paganism since nobody takes Xtianity seriously and the Catholics are all known rapists. The Jews will fall in the battle against Islam.

Literally people are going to forget how to make fire. There will be a huge overpopulation, then because of the scarce wildlife there will be cannibalism, and then a return to a stable population size.

War is coming.
>>
>>19180845
This just seems like a vague and over analyzed "prophecy" at this point. Sure over population is a serious problem, forgetting how to make fire? Returning to cannibalism (A practice not only very rare in any ancient culture or outside the insane)? What's stopping us in going back to a farming species if this doomsday of yours comes true? Who's to say this won't be stopped by divine intervention?

And the war on religion's seems just plain exaggerated. There will always and has always been war on other religions and I can't remember one case in which a war on them succeeded truly. Sure you can kill the followers off but the practices remain and so do the sub conscious beliefs of those who hide it. Religions die to time and culture, not to war.

Best of luck to you when your doomsday hits friend.
>>
Ra is god
>>
>>19180837
>>19180845
Honestly if you're into pizzagate and spirit cooking and those types of conspiracies and the conspiracy of population control, then the whole cannibal apocalypse thing is a spookily viable future scenario

they're training us subversively to be mentally readied for it
>>
>>19180874
i'm not into that stuff but i'd bet fucked up shit like that happens. imo there is a conspiracy to completely subjugate most of the population...but i'm not sure how or why but the people with the tech will lose control of it, and will forget how to rebuild.
>>
>>19180826
happy summer solstice!
>>
>>19180826
Even if that were true, it's of little scientific consequence. Good scientists have always compartmentalized. And besides, ancient animist religions actually align with science MUCH better than modern monotheism does. (Not going into the definitions and minutae of animism, look it up and understand it is an entirely different "mode" of seeing the world that leads people to drastically different conclusions about elementary things) Cosmologies of many shamastic religions posit the universe is self existent and was not created, closely mirroring the emergent order paradigm of physics. Even their gods are usually not all knowing, all wise, or all powerful so they are not ultimate authorities on morality which leads to far less fundamentalism. These religions teach a oneness to all things, not just all people or animals, and thus instill a sense of the sacred such that waste and wanton environmental destruction becomes a strong ethical issue.

Frankly, the best thing that could happen to mankind right now is if all the christians, jews and muslims disappeared and we turned back to our ancestral deities and land spirits.
>>
>>19180826
Things will be forgotten but not many. We will forget nuclear fission, but not solar power.
We will remember celular and computer technology, but will upgrade the dynamic of a home to be more efficient.
Many of the old deities will be reborn and many new deities will rise from the ashes of what is coming, and in a few hundred years technology will be far superior to what we have now. Deities will be more like comic super heroes and people will openly come from across galaxies to enjoy this world and all the amazing things it has to offer.
>>
>>19180845
People have already forgotten how to make fire. When was the last time you made a fire without a lighter or a match?
>>
File: TuJWAR8_d.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
TuJWAR8_d.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
>>19180826
>>
>>19181458
That doesn't mean they don't remember that they can rub wood together or strike flint to start a fire...it just means there are more convenient ways to do it, currently. Holy Autism, this whole thread needs medication.
>>
>>19180826
There are, of my personal knowledge, business owners, doctoral candidates, attorneys, anthropologists, etc. who participate in solar worship 4x daily. And they seem to be doing just fine.
>>
>>19180826
It's a fad that people follow while disregarding its actual tradition and history. Don't panic about 'the end of science' or whatever bollocks is going through your head.
The only reason people go there is because their wiccan friends at the bong shop said they'd be there
>>
>>19182885
Love how they have to define "anthropomorphic" for their Intelligence-impaired readers. Which probably makes up the vast majority.
>>
>>19180845
This is patently ridiculous. It doesn't take any political, or just plain common sense. It's like the people who said communism works. Not without the mafia. It's just wishful thinking.
>>
File: Star_of_Utu_Shamash.png (17KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Star_of_Utu_Shamash.png
17KB, 220x220px
Whats wrong with giving praise to Lord Utu?

This is the way many Asipu start each day.
>>
>>19180826
Shit, you're right, OP. Brb, gonna throw away my smartphone, fuck my Solaire dakimakura and eat some human children.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.