[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the crimson king?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: 58453583.jpg (85KB, 390x600px) Image search: [Google]
58453583.jpg
85KB, 390x600px
Who is the crimson king?
>>
>>19179729
Clearly someone I need to talk too
>>
I dunno, but apparently there are Demons and Wizards involved:
https://youtu.be/vqpJzTp0grM
>>
Santa Claus
>>
Some 13 y/o retard keeps making these cringy threads
>>
File: Crimson Ghost.jpg (23KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Ghost.jpg
23KB, 220x300px
>>19179729
Don't know much about the crimson king, but I think this might be a photo of an associate of his.
>>
>>19179729
COME COMMALLA!

DON'T SPEAK OF THAT ROUND THESE PARTS. THE WOLVES COME AND THE TWINS COME BACK ROONT. YER BUGGER.
>>
>>19179729
Is he related to the King in Yellow?
>>
>>19179963
have you actually read that book? sure, it inspired lovecraft, but it's so ridiculous what passed for "horror" back then.
>>
>>19179956
Thankee sai
>>
>>19179729
The one who devours all, the one of endless hunger. The one who dwells in the Silent Halls.
>>
>>19179729
Do you actually want to know the spoilers though?

Alright. The Crimson king is the mob boss of KA. It seems to be the most distilled agent of chaos that incarnated on the wheel of Ka. It employed almost all of the direct antagonists of Roland. Including his son, Mordred and Randal Flagg.

It sits in the Dark Tower, which sits at the center of the keystone world and all the worlds. The tower seems to be the support beam that holds reality together, and the King wants it destroyed for ambiguous reasons. Reasons older than the one lifetime we accompany Roland's many Ka-tets, or was it the same tet?

The Dark Tower is a magnum opus of the author Stephen King. Who may or may not be a channel for the deity known as Gan, which may or may not be an eldritch entity similar to Brahma or Krishna. The story was inspired by the poem; "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came" by Robert Browning. The Dark Tower series is laden with cultural artifacts and indeed references themes and motifs of King's earlier and later works.

It is in light of all of these things, that I think the Crimson King is an incarnation of chaos itself. It is because of this, that Roland is able to fulfill his Ka each lifetime. And perhaps one day the gunslinger will burn it all off. And ascend to some form of godhood.
>>
File: IMG_2920.jpg (26KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2920.jpg
26KB, 500x600px
>>19179729
The crimson king is one of the antagonists in King's "Dark Tower" series. He's sometimes depicted very spider-like and wears crimson red robes.

>>19179963
The King in Yellow is not the Crimson King (different colors too, yellow vs. red). However similar, the KiY wears a mask and yellow-dyed rags (in Chamber's universe) and is also a play. In Lovecraft's universe, he is Hastur - linked to "the yellow sign"
>>
>>19179989
The Crimson King stole the name and the color. Red represents passion, fire, and spark. Naturally, the roses the permeate and surround the Tower are symbols of the expansion of creation itself. Chaos, to a certain degree, but more objective than how most traditionally relate chaos.

The Crimson King's goal was to break the great leylines that held together all of existence and, in doing so, destroy the Dark Tower so that he and he alone would be the sole ruler of the primordial post-existence. This signifies that whoever the Crimson King is has immense power, but that power is obviously locked away (due to the fact that he was beat by the Gunslinger). The name he takes (Crimson King) also proves that the being is imperfect and wants to encompass the "creation" aspect (tries to do this by producing offspring, a mix between Roland's light and his darkness).
>>
>>19179729
he has temporal powers and a very forboding presence. has a way of making people lose time and end up in weird places.
>>
File: DoppioGivenEpitaph.png (128KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
DoppioGivenEpitaph.png
128KB, 240x240px
>>19179729
Yes boss?
>>
>>19180099
>break the great leylines that held together all of existence and, in doing so, destroy the Dark Tower so that he and he alone would be the sole ruler of the primordial post-existence

Right. Destroy the world. All of em.

>Red represents passion, fire, and spark. Naturally, the roses the permeate and surround the Tower are symbols of the expansion of creation itself.

That's juxtaposition. I don't see a strong argument for a literary definition of color. Because the same definition can be affixed to any color. So, I disagree with person who initially argued that and whrom's argument you repeated.
>>
This topic is good for jokes
>>
Magnus
>>
THE KING COME DOWN
>>
>>19179729
Nineteen
>>
>>19179729
I'm the fucking rainbow king.
Now stop these almost daily retarded who is the *insert color* thread
>>
File: IMG_2769.jpg (282KB, 700x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2769.jpg
282KB, 700x368px
A good boy and pretty cool guy, did nothing wrong.

Also a daemon
>>
The greatest progessive rock band ever?

The purple piper plays his tune
the choir softly sing
three lullabies in an ancient tongue
for the court of the crimson king
>>
File: tumblr_nt159lrMwt1s6rdono1_400.gif (329KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt159lrMwt1s6rdono1_400.gif
329KB, 300x300px
>>
>>19182815
> greatest
Someone hadn't heard of genesis yet
>>
>>19184336
Pffft
>>
>>19184336
I sincerely hope you're joking
>>
It's what I call my used maxi-pad
>>
Literally me.
>>
Who is the burger king
>>
So how does it work?
>>
>>19179729
Robert Fripp.
>>
>>19185225
ever been so angry you punched time?
>>
>>19179729
The books seemed pretty clear about the Crimson King's role: He wanted to destroy the Tower in order to rule over the destroyed universe. Reminds me a lot of Satan in Paradise Lost - would rather rule over a meaningless place than to be subservient to cosmic Order.
>>
File: furious.png (332KB, 396x418px) Image search: [Google]
furious.png
332KB, 396x418px
>>19179729
wait do you mean king crimson
>>
HOW DOES KING CRIMSON WORK
>>
can we agree that epitaph is their best song
>>
File: robertfripp.jpg (208KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
robertfripp.jpg
208KB, 640x426px
him
>>
>>19184336
Lol no. While Genesis was fucking around with shitty pop music in the 1980s, King Crimson was at perhaps their creative peak, laying the foundations for the genre that would come to be known as Math Rock.
>>
reeee /x/ namedropping threads are cancer
stop making us schizos preoccupied with shit you make up
>>
>>19184336
Genesis with Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett was one of the greatest prog bands around. From 1970 to 1976. After they left the band went to shit and sold out.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.