[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on meditation and what benefits it has. I used to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: meditation.jpg (9KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
meditation.jpg
9KB, 201x251px
Redpill me on meditation and what benefits it has.
I used to think it was all bullshit but I've done some research out of curiosity and my view on it is starting to shift slightly.
Also, how does/can it affect those with mental illnesses?
>>
>>19178309
It's pretty much the contemplative aspect of yoga/mysticism. you could read Raja-Yoga or Hatha Yoga Pradapika for more insight, both of which should be available in the /omg/ mega library.
>>
>>19178309
the dark night of the soul is real https://www.thoughtco.com/buddhist-meditation-and-the-dark-night-449760

meditation can exacerbate mental illness but i suspect it can also help it (don't have any particular data at hand)
>>
There are several different kinds - if you do the too hardcore tibetan tantric stuff without the right training you can turn mad - so only do those with the right instructions and transmission. But it also depends on what you want and what problems you have. If your goal is self-realization i would advice you to read spiritual materialism by Chögyam Trungpa to redpil you and destroy your crowlian dreams. If your goal is just to chill and nothing else go for mindfulness. If it's for more then find your local buddhist center and lean there or local yoga center if you want to learn the hindu tradition - there is also a buddhist yoga tradition like hatha yoga called Yantra Yoga and one like kundalini yoga mentioned in Padmasambhava's biography.

Meditation can help you - and buddhism too you just need to find the right technique to help with your illness - what is it exactly?
>>
>>19178309
to start of with a basic thought try

"it is what it is"
>>
>>19178496
OP Here

Severe Paranoia mostly, coupled with occasional mild anxiety which I assume is a side-effect of the paranoia.

I have trouble in quiet areas and struggle to keep my eyes closed when alone because of the paranoia obviously. I'm looking for a remedy for this, all medications I've tried either caused worse side effects or just enhanced my illness making the doctors try to up my dosage until I could hardly afford it anymore.
I've been on /x/ for a while and I've heard stories of people meditating and then seeing/hearing/feeling something ect. Or something weird happening during meditation which caused them to go crazy or do something drastic.

I remember reading the manifesto of that Kyle Odom guy who had a conspiracy about aliens controlling the world and harassing him, he thought is pastor was an alien and shot him. He stated in the memoir that it all began whenever some weird shit happened during meditation.

I may be ill but I'm pretty sane and functional and I don't wanna end up losing it like him (if what he said about meditation was true.)
>>
>>19178506
i like "i am here"
>>
>>19178496
What hardcore tibetan tantric stuff?
>>
I am a practitioner of Tantra/Jnana Yoga/Dzogchen.

It greatly increases the quality of life(joy/peace/love/bliss) and can make even the most boring activities quite pleasant.
>>
>>19178496
I'm a karmaseeker, lade me with what I cannot handle.
>>
we need to word filter "Redpill" to "spoonfeed"
>>
>>19179459
Never tried that one
>>
>>19179519
for extra semantic effect try a "now", wherever in the sentence it feels right.
>>
>>19178426

Because there isn't data to support that.

Harvard, Yale, and MI fucking T all prove that meditation makes your brain better. Period.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2011/01/eight-weeks-to-a-better-brain/

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2006/02/meditation-found-to-increase-brain-size/
>>
>>19179481
I want to practice dzogchen too but i'm poor as shit and cannot afford the transport and the payment for retreats, i got some books by namkhai norbu and got webcast transmission by him - i live in denmark
>>
>>19181148
well that's more than enough for now. plenty books on libgen by him too.
>>
I think the law of One has some info and a couple excercises on meditation iirc.
They should show up with keyword 'meditation" or "escercise"
>lawofone.info
>>
>>19178309
Only do it following a real religion
>>
>>19181182
What is libgen now?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.