[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get the best out of myself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: 1497962967974.jpg (48KB, 475x476px) Image search: [Google]
1497962967974.jpg
48KB, 475x476px
I'm already 2 weeks into NoFap.
I work out every day.
Next I'm going to fix diet on one meal 0-carb (I've extensively researched it's safety) which is crazy difficult as I thrive on carbs.
I already know about the benefits of meditation, concentration and mindfulness.
I already know about the benefits of LDs and APs.

I want to increase my stamina and my overall cognitive and spiritual abilities.
Anyone willing to share useful information?
I'm willing to listen.
>>
>>19177972
>it's
its

Forgot to mention that my main interest is sitting down for long stretches of time solving problems which sadly I'm neglecting.
This requires nothing more that bucket of patience and mental stamina.
>>
File: 1489429888092.jpg (61KB, 517x424px) Image search: [Google]
1489429888092.jpg
61KB, 517x424px
Bumperino.
>>
>>19177972
Yoga. Check into Hatha Yoga Pradapika, or Raja-Yoga. Both are good books. just be sure to work the limbs, don't be doing that soccer-mom shit.
>>
Study the Bible and pray to the Lord every day.
>>
>>19178360
Thanks.
I think I'm going to read carefully the Wikipedia's pages at first.
>>19178398
I could read the bible but what's the point of praying?
>>
>>19177972
Stopped reading at NoFap. I think your problem is believing bullshit.
>>
>>19178866
Ok.
>>
I would suggest vegan, and try to stick to mostly raw vegan if you can. Your body shouldn't be a graveyard
>>
>>19178929
>I would suggest vegan, and try to stick to mostly raw vegan if you can. Your body shouldn't be a graveyard
Thank you I'm putting my health first and I can't ignore a familial history of diabetes.
0-carb is the only diet I've tried that banishes brain fog, GI issues, postprandial crash, etc...
I have a pet and I very much appreciate the sacrifice of Mrs Cow.
>>
>>19178929
This is just as bad a meme as "NoFap"
>>
File: 1488127944801.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
1488127944801.png
48KB, 400x389px
>>19178960
Sod off wanker.
>>
>>19178989
Not that guy but seriously go bait somewhere else
>>
>>19179038
What?
I see two post claiming *NoFap* is bullshit and a meme.
On the other hand OP is simply stating that he's doing it.
Who's the one baiting again?
Stop trying to steer the conversation.
>>
>>19179139
Masturbation is healthy, anon, unless you're some perverted weirdo who can't stop compulsively tugging on his willy. Same goes for diet. It's all about moderation, not abstinence.
>>
>>19178955

A plant based diet is the most healthy diet for a human as long as you get your b12
>>
>>19179184
>Plant BASED
>Not
>"Exclusively plants"
>>
Read the sticky at the top of /fit/ for Christ's sake. Jesus, the retarded shit people take for nutritional science baffles me.
>>
>>19177972
Wtf would you do a low carb diet. You want a high carb 80/10/10 diet with a shit ton of fruits to maximize energy. And fruit is like the least weight gaining thing.
>>
⠠⠗⠊⠙⠙⠇⠑
>>
>>19177972
>I want to increase my stamina and my overall cognitive and spiritual abilities.
>Anyone willing to share useful information?
supplement with amino acid L-Tyrosine according to your doctor's recommendation. It can biochemically enhance your performance.

Don't do this without asking your doctor, but my regimen when I use it (rarely these days) is:

>Take 8 grams of L-Tyrosine and make two doses of 4 grams each.
>Take the first dose.
>Eat a carb-only breakfast to potentiate the flow of the amino acid across the blood-brain barrier. No cheating.
>Take the second dose 30 minutes after the first dose, after breakfast.
>Wait 30 minutes.
>Enhanced performance lasts about 8 hours.
>>
>>19178854
>I could read the bible but what's the point of praying?
Fellowship with God and getting to know who you really are; getting to know your Christian identity and power through Jesus Christ.
>>
>>19179720
Carbs are garbage food and force your body into the sugar for energy trap.
>>
I recommend you to open your 3rd eye. Also, exorcise your place at least once a month to erased all trace of bad vibes and evil spirits. And also santify your food before eating it, that way you will purify it from bad vibes.
>>
>>19177972
I wouldn't out NoFap as a top priority. It's better to masturbate when you're hungry between meals then to cheat on your diet and add extra calories to the mix for some snacks. If you can do NoFap at the same time then good for you(though IMHO it's total BS).
>>
>>19178854
>what's the point of praying

Gratitude is the path to grace.
>>
>>19177972
yes, that is all worthless

you know this is true

the only value you have in this life is ...

i dont know, but it isnt that, i also work out and do what im suppose to do, but that isnt the answer, you wont find the answer here, maybe there is no answer, maybe you make it up yourself as you go

the only thing i know is: nothing i can tell you will make you better, nothing you do will make you better, you have to steal it, to conquer it from something ,it isnt something you build its something you win
>>
>>19178929
>your body shouldn't be a graveyard

Cringiest thing I've read all day. Animals eat each other all the time.
>>
Find profound peace and beauty within. This is the only way to achieve lasting satisfaction with your self.
>>
File: plate of shit.jpg (224KB, 444x270px) Image search: [Google]
plate of shit.jpg
224KB, 444x270px
>>19179945
>Animals eat each other all the time.
Animals also eat shit. Here's your plate.
>>
>>19179962
So? I've never heard of an animal dying from eating shit, especially when it's fresh. I'd imagine it's kind of like urine where you can digest it once without much problem. Bear Grylls squeezed water out of a pile of shit in one episode of man vs wild.

Life eats life.
>>
>>19179962
Rather eat that than your shit vegetables
>>
>>19179977
>So?
The point being modelling your behavior after other animals is ludicrous. Look up the is-ought fallacy, but even more than that shit-eating is just the tip of the iceberg of insanity that "animals do it so it's proper for me to do" reasoning leads to.

Chimps rape and cannibalize, so what's the problem if I do it?
Pythons eat one meal every two weeks, so I will do the same thing.
Fish live their whole lives underwater, so what are you doing on land?

But don't worry about it. I'll go find you the freshest shit I can and you can eat to your heart's content.

>>19179979
That shit was made from eating vegetables.
>>
>>19179945
The truest of red pills.

>MUH PALEOLITHIC DIET AFTER GENETIC MODIFICATION TO GET ENROMOUS FRUIT BODIES.
>DA ANCHIENTS WERE ALWAYS LIKE THIS
>GET BACK IN JUNGLE NIGGER
>FARM
>>
>>19179962
Criminally underrated post.
>>
>>19177972
>nofap

Pure reddit garbage. I work out and swim regularly and have sex, even jack off at times. I feel fantastic.
>>
>>19179149
Fuck off shekelstein
>>
>>19177972
>0-carb diet
I hope its only temporary, in order to lose weight fast.
>>
>>19179149
This. Don't follow reddit for advice.
>>
>>19177972
Sounds like you already have it together man. Just keep doing what you're doing and live your life. You don't even need to cut out carbs completely, if you work out regularly and eat healthy you'll be fine, carbs are still good for energy.

But honestly anon, if you're doing all this in the hopes that you're gonna activate latent psychic spiritual powers or whatever you're fixated on you're a fucking dumbass and you need to drop that belief right now. 'Cause if you don't, you run the risk of trying too hard only to be crushed when nothing happens (and trust me, nothing ever happens). Appreciate life's synchronicities as they occur and be healthy, but don't get trapped in a fantasy. Otherwise you run the risk of reversing all of your personal progress out of anger. Just focus on being healthy and mindful and a nice life awaits. Don't let it all be for nothing because of /x/'s collective schizophrenia.
>>
>>19177972
do not overdo the nofap thing, it can lead to ED and loss of libido
>>
>>19179149
>Masturbation is healthy, anon, unless you're some perverted weirdo who can't stop compulsively tugging on his willy.
I find it easier to reach for interaction with other people when I'm on a streak.
It has caused bouts of hypomanic extroversion, the range of women I find attractive has increased permanently.
My mood is also better and I have far less bad moments.
This reverses in the days I fap (once a day) even though I love it and I haven't had any religious upbringing.
You should try it yourself and report back.
>Same goes for diet. It's all about moderation, not abstinence.
I can't eat like normal people do; it causes severe GI issues.
>>
>>19179830
I'm wary of nootropics.
I have ditched a few thing except for caffeine and theanine which by the way I don't use anymore.
I will look into it though.
>>
File: DASsour.png (216KB, 505x403px) Image search: [Google]
DASsour.png
216KB, 505x403px
>>19179149
Im going on a month with no sex or fap, the energy output is considerable. I just feel motivated to do things I'd normally put off.
>>
>>19179890
>I recommend you to open your 3rd eye.
I wish I could do that but every time I start meditating I fall out of the routine.
>>19179940
>yes, that is all worthless
>you know this is true
Yeah but I won't be killing myself anytime soon and I have to experiment.
>>19180386
>do not overdo the nofap thing, it can lead to ED and loss of libido
It has happened in the past but only temporarily.
>>
>>19180368
>But honestly anon, if you're doing all this in the hopes that you're gonna activate latent psychic spiritual powers or whatever you're fixated on you're a fucking dumbass and you need to drop that belief right now.
I don't aim to move things with my mind or control whether.
Say, have you ever had an out of body experience?
I have and I'd like to have more and experiment from there.
>>
Fasting

Try out 5-2

Five days on
And
2 days off
>>
File: top 10.png (13KB, 470x179px) Image search: [Google]
top 10.png
13KB, 470x179px
>>19181306
What did it do for you?
I've had experience with IF one meal a day and I'm wide awake from the moment I wake up to the moment I have to eat.
>>
>>19177972
Take up Bhakti Yoga and the quality of you life will skyrocket. Do so by practicing japa daily by chanting rounds of the Hare Krishna mantra.

To cultivate spiritual qualities four regalative principles should be taken up that control the mind and senses.
1. No eating of meat, fish, or eggs
2. No gambling
3. No illicit sex
4. No intoxicants such as caffeine or alcohol

Also all food eaten should be blessed first and eaten as prasadam. By following this practice, your mind will gradually be elevated to the material mode of Sattva, or goodness, and then up to the transcendental state.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.