[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is solipsism/subjective idealism the final redpill?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

Is solipsism/subjective idealism the final redpill?
>>
>>19174912
It's amazing the ideas I come up with.
>>
>>19174974
Get a load of yourself, loser.
>>
Nope.
>>
So are you not real?
Am i the only free minded individual?
Maybe
>>
You cannot be the Adayu! I am already the Adayu!
>>
>>19175041
As I'm reading your post right now? No, you aren't. Neither am I. Only my awareness is.
In you reality? The same as above, only in that case I'm not real.
>>
"reality exists in the human mind" is nonsense
"self forms sense of the world" is solipsism and is not in the least bit alarming, the sense is ours, this we know
>>
>>19174912

no, it's idoicy and doubling down on being wrong because you don't want to admit you are wrong.
>>
>>19175221
This
>>
>>19175221
How are you not admitting you're wrong? Accepting solipsism is realizing that your entire concept of reality was wrong to begin with.
>>
>>19174912
Reality exists outside the human mind. Object permanence is testament to that. Perception of reality, now that's different. It varies from person to person, but even then, there are traits that humans share psychologically that lend to a shared perception of what's "real". For example, as long as both of our eyes are within nominal health, you and I will perceive 400mm wavelengths of light as "blue", an agreed-upon reality that we share.
>>
How we perceive this world is entirely dependent on how our brains filter stimuli in the form of electrical impulses. What basic reality actually is may vary greatly from what we perceive.
>>
Why don't you pick?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_philosophies
>>
>>19174912 (OP)
>Reality exists outside the human mind.
How do you know this? You can't experience a reality outside your own mind. What if all others humans, objects and physical laws are your own creation, like in a dream?
>>
>>19174974
Kek
>>
>>19175353
>Reality exists outside the human mind. Object permanence is testament to that.

says your mind
>>
any sort of idealism is a big fat blue pill orchestrated by kikes in order to hoard material wealth

slap yourself in the face and look around you

now look at what the elite have

you can pretend to be an idealist, but we both know that you are not and never will be

your life clock is ticking, champ, materialism is the redpill
>>
>>19175486
>>19177637
This is true
>>
>>19174912
My problem with solipsism:

If only me is existing..how is it explainable that I read a post of you, stating that you think you are the only existence in existence? You know what I mean? Even if it was just my inner self projecting or whatever these posts, actuallay this whole board and the whole internet, as well as the whole word....why would my mind make things like 4chan and this thread?!

Nah man....no solipsism for me....
>>
>>19177672

>kikes still don't have enough material wealth.

Yeah man, that definitely seems like the way to happiness.
>>
>>19177672
Why would kikes promote idealism? It makes more sense that they would promote materialism.
>>
>>19177775
The next time you have a lucid dream, go to a computer and try to see if you can find a post discussing solipsism. There you will find your answer.
>>
>>19177775
You know other people are real because they lie, cheat and steal.
>>
Only seven people exist in this reality, and I don't think it's any of you lot.
>>
>>19178855
No people exist. Everything is just awareness experiencing.
>>
File: 1497426408232.jpg (36KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1497426408232.jpg
36KB, 500x313px
>>19175486
>>19177702
Let's say I'm gonna give you a theoretical drug that will completely shut down all feelings and perceptive organs in your body for some time.
Will I stop existing because of that? No. And you will know that because I will be kicking you in the balls for all that time. Non stop, just go hog wild on your jewels. Anon, I'm gonna kick your balls so hard that when you come back to your senses you will regret having them. And thanks to that pain that will last for days, you will know that world keeps going even without you and frankly it does not care about your profound philosophy of solipsism.
>>
>>19179211
No you won't. You don't get solipsism at all, it means only my awareness is certain to be "real", but that doesn't mean me, you, or the world ceases to exist. It only means it is all created by my awareness, and is running automatically. Not created by my brain, because there are limits to the brain (which ironically were created by myself), but my awareness. And the world could stop going if I wanted, however you wouldn't experience it, only me, because it is all my experience. And subjective experience is all that matters, you can escape materialism but you can't ever escape experiencing.
>>
>>19179251
I get the idea, I just find it extremely impractical.
Your "awerness" was born from the objective world outside your awerness or agency (aka your parents procreating). Your awerness is affected and formed by objective world outside of your awerness. And your awerness will end because of things that happen in the objective world that you may not even perceive.
So, what's the point? What does one gain from solipsism? It has no practical value and very little artistic value. Philosophy without a point is akin to maturabation.
>>
>>19179312
>Your "awerness" was born from the objective world outside your awerness or agency
No it wasn't, awareness has always been there and always will be, what was born from the "objective world" was my body.
>Your awerness is affected and formed by objective world outside of your awerness
No it isn't, my mind is, not my awareness.
>And your awerness will end because of things that happen in the objective world
It can't end, because it is impossible to experience nothing.
>So, what's the point? What does one gain from solipsism?
It is purely personal gain, think of it as becoming lucid in a dream. You can do anything and everything. Since you've gotten in the habit of being a human, you've forgotten that you are essentially God, but like any habit it can be undone. The more you think of life as a dream the more incredible magick you can do, the more changes to you world you can do. It is entirely up to me what to do with it and only I can experience it.
>>
>>19174912
Hard determinism/Predeterminism is the true final redpill.

Research at your own risk.
>>
>>19174912
ha! you're just a figment of my imagination so what do you know? Probably a lot, come to think of it.
>>
This shit definitely got me thinking.

https://youtu.be/t_RwcGzGurc
>>
>>19180479
>Hard determinism
gurdjieff had his own way of describing this.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.