[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The glowy pink jelly tentacle dildo monsters are attacking.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: pyrosomes.jpg (86KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
pyrosomes.jpg
86KB, 620x349px
What the hell are these things, and why are there suddenly so many of them?

According to:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/tropical-sea-creatures-blooming-bc-1.4164883

they've recently been showing up en-giant-fucking-mass in the waters of the pacific, and that they're fast-growing, sexually and asexually reproducing, can get up to lengths of 10 meters, and consume mad amounts of phytoplankton. Not to mention these things are pretty much useless to eat.

I'm donning my tinfoil cap for a moment to question.. could these creatures have been genetically engineered in a lab and then released into the wild?

Are they meant to continue the irreversible destruction of our oceans?

Tell me what you think, /x/.
>>
>>19174640
Who would release them into the water to purposefully fuck over the environment? Same goes for chemtrails and other things. Unless these elite people also want to fuck themselves over as well, why would they do it? These things as well as chemtrails and other things aren't very controlled. Things like this would fuck them over too.
>>
>>19174640
I only wonder if:
A)yig is responsible
B)they're edible
>>
>>19174666
It doesn't necessarily have to be the elites who could do it. There's always the potential of some rogue scientists or an experiment going wrong.

Still though, let's hope that they do not evolve into human-eating monstrosities.
>>
>>19174678
Let's hope they evolve into human-eating monstrosities.
>>
>>19174666
And from reading the article it answers your questions. This is a known species that got drifted up north. Or potentially just evolved to survive in colder waters. Why post a link and then ask what they are? The link you posted says it all. And it is a natural type of phenomenon we gave seen before in countless other species. They are in a new area with no competition. In time most will die off, assuming they survive the colder water at all. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>19174666

I can't really answer the motive behind it, but it's not like they really care if it survives at the moment anyhow. Hell, you only have to look at things like the Enbridge pipeline or fracking anywhere to see that they're not very concerned with contaminating our fresh drinking water supply. It almost feels like this planet is being trashed on purpose.
>>
>>19174678
These rogue scientists wouldn't exist without a huge backing. Genetically modifying a species is not something you do in your garage on your off time. And, again, said rogue scientists would be fucked over as much as anyone else.

So, give me a reason for believing these rogue scientists are able to secretly genetically modify these things for the sole purpose of fucking over themselves and everything else. It's like you think people think and act like Saturday morning cartoon villains.
>>
>>19174713

Actually I genetically modify stuff in my spare time all the time.
>>
>>19174640
I wonder how it'll feel up my ass
>>
>>19174698

Keep that tinfoil hat on, buddy.
>>
>>19174698
That is different. Contaminating water can be brushed aside because they don't live there or the water will naturally get clean by the time they get it. And the goal isn't to contaminate shit. But that can be cast aside because one area being a shitpit does not effect them.

What you are proposing with this idea, is a genetically modified animal being unleashed for the sole purpose of destabilizing the oceans which would have far reaching consequences for everyone, including the people doing it. That is a very different mindset and scenario than shit being contaminated in some area by accident and nobody caring because the contamination has zero effect on them.
>>
>>19174734

Except that it would increase demand and therefore cost of what's left in the oceans. Seems profitable to me, you just need to solidify a monopoly on the rest of the fisheries.
>>
>>19174747
And that profit would mean nothing since most of our oxygen comes from plankton. Fucking up the oceans for extra cash would be absolutely retarded. Not only would you die if they ate all the plankton and grew uncontrollably, but there is no need to have such an elaborate scheme to get it done. Seafood is already expensive compared to other meats and foods. It would hurt their profits and hurt their ability to even survive in the wasteland of an environment that would come from all the oceans being fucked up.
>>
They eat radiation.
>>
>>19174770
Also, it wouldn't raise demand. If all the fish were dying and all that, demand would go down from too many price hikes. Especially when other foods are cheaper. The goal is scarcity, but not scarcity to post apocalyptic levels that mean no money. Like the way the diamond market works. You want to control the scarcity of a commodity to get the right amount of profit, not obliterate the oceans and kill everyone or make fish so expensive that nobody buys it.
>>
>>19174640
From the article:
>Now, having handled countless numbers of the organism, he just tosses them back in the water and continues fishing.

Why?! Why would you throw it back in the water?!?

>>19174674
They're edible in the way treebark can be edible. There's no real nutrients, no benefit to eating them.

>>19174698
>you only have to look at things like the Enbridge pipeline or fracking anywhere to see that they're not very concerned with contaminating our fresh drinking water supply
Right, but those things make money. How does an explosion of pyrosomes make anyone money?

>>19174747
>Except that it would increase demand and therefore cost of what's left in the oceans.
There is already greater demand than what is harvested from the oceans. We have artificial caps - fishing limits - in place. Lowering the stock we fish from would do NOTHING but make it harder to make money.
>>
>>19174724
Anon asking the real questions
>>
File: 69932.jpg (529KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
69932.jpg
529KB, 2048x1536px
The Messenger is the hero /x/ needs. Love your posts brah
>>
Research Fukushima radioactive waste.
>>
>>19174640
>>19174666
>>19174698
>>19174713
Two words: population control
>>
>>19174640
japanese is what they are
>>
>>19174790
y'know I absolutely despise triptards but you make sense and are knowledgeable
>>
>>19177316
>Alleums next phase of evolutionary experiments
Humans and other species are meant to eat it.
>>
>>19177661
That's why you can't put all tripfags in the same category.
>>
>>19177661
this board has no skepticism. it's good to keep the tinfoilfags in check
>>
File: The_Bay_exclusive_top_photo.jpg (229KB, 752x522px) Image search: [Google]
The_Bay_exclusive_top_photo.jpg
229KB, 752x522px
Seems like someone watched The Bay and got spooked.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.