[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Missing 411 Documentary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: missing411.jpg (125KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
missing411.jpg
125KB, 640x960px
Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjDy2srebK8

Full Movie:
http://yify.bz/watch-missing-411-online-free-yify/
>>
File: BIG DICK POPPA.jpg (56KB, 625x372px) Image search: [Google]
BIG DICK POPPA.jpg
56KB, 625x372px
>>19172734
THANK YOU ANON!
I'VE BEEN WAITING THIS FOR A LONG TIME
>>
Is this worth watching?
>>
>>19172998
No problem, brother.
>>
>>19172734
Bump
>>
>>19172734
Watched it.
5/10
It is not a mystery but a drama. Interviews with the families that lost someone in national parks. Not much information, no suspence, no mystery, just a bunch of pink snot. Les Stroud appears like for 2 mins climbing through the bushes.
>>
>>19172998
THIS THREAD IS NOW BLESSED BY THE GENETIC FREAK
>>
>>19174263
>It is not a mystery but a drama. Interviews with the families that lost someone in national parks. Not much information, no suspence, no mystery, just a bunch of pink snot. Les Stroud appears like for 2 mins climbing through the bushes.
you're literally so stupid that you
A.) can't grasp that the missing people are the mystery
B.) are upset that these are real mysteries, and not your lel kek mothman xDD Chris Carter mysteries
C.) can't think up the questions to ask, which would make this interesting

i've formed this opinion by watching 4 youtube video clips of this
>>
anywhere else where I can download it? yifys shitty player is always fuckin up for me
>>
>>19174749
You're either a phonefag or haven't updated flash on your internet browser. I've never had any problems with yify's player.
>>
>>19174414
Yeah, I just lost my pen under the table. Where is it? .. a mystery... So many questions to think up to ask about this missing pen...

Go watch the actual movie instead. I want you to waste two hours of your life.
>>
>>19172734

Perfect timing, thanks for posting the links. Been waiting to see this for a while.
>>
File: Screencap_495.jpg (6KB, 179x173px)
Screencap_495.jpg
6KB, 179x173px
>>19174999
Ok Mr. Park Ranger, nothing to see here, yadda yadda we get it...
>>
>>19172734
Bump
>>
>>19172734
I own the first 2 missing 411 books, eastern and western us and canada. Theyre pretty cool
>>
>>19172734
anyone have PDFs of the books, dont have the money this month and dont want to wait for shipping if possible
>>
>>19173502

If you're a fan of the books, yes.

I think this would also be a good way to introduce normies to /x/-related content.
>>
I'm double-posting but whatever - I was pretty impressed with the movie. I can recall seeing promo materials they slapped together for the funding campaign and being a little worried about it. It was a good call not to have David Paulides narrating or whatever.

The movie is subtle about the mysterious nature of the disappearances and glosses over some of the parts of the 'disappearance profile' that people familiar with the books will know. For instance, the movie does at one point mention some weather phenomena in relation to the disappearance of DeOrr, but does so in a casual way and no other mention is made of it. There are subtle nods to Bigfoot and extra-terrestrial involvement but it is not explicitly stated, as to be expected.

What I found chilling that I haven't noticed in the book that I've read (I have Missing 411: North America and Beyond) is how they begin to imply that the (((media))) may be in on the cover-up in some way - I got this impression from how the documentary talks about how the media and social media made life difficult for the parents of DeOrr.
>>
>>19176128
>how they begin to imply that the (((media))) may be in on the cover-up in some way
I never got that impression? Though the media attention seemed like a huge hassle to parents who lost their kid. They were probably going crazy from the stress. The Dad seemed to really supsect the grandad though.
>>
>>19176178

I got the impression based on the frustration the parents showed at how the media was hassling them while they were trying to search. Obviously I can't speak to the details of the situation as it happened, but perhaps the media was 'putting a bug in people's ear' about the parents having the kid murdered before they even went there, that the mother was a cold-hearted bitch who wasn't responding to the situation 'right', etc. Basically muddying the waters.
>>
>>19172734

David Paulingo isn't a clever man.
About the only thing he's good at is going on Coast and other shows saying the same few stories again and again.

No wonder he got bullied by park rangers.
>>
>>19176189
Oh okay, I see what you mean. Reporters are all lizard people naturally so I wasn't surprised to see that guy brag about how it was the biggest story of his career.
>>
It should've addressed more than just a couple cases to actually prove its point that these 'mysteries' might have something bigger going on for them.

Also not a word about the causes of deaths of the people that have been found dead after missing and no proper interviews of actual case investigators.

Just vague as fuck, one sided stories.
>>
>>19172734
bigfoot? aliens? something else? what are you all thinking?
>>
>>19178314
>The half deaf kid
The church guy raped and killed him and somebody helped him to move the body
>Riders kid
Hiker killed him and the remains were dragged to the spot they were found by an animal
>DeOrr kid
Mother killed him and the family covered it up or the grandpa and his gay friend killed him
>Survived kid
Wandered in woods, fell asleep, wandered more or/and animal dragged him to the place where found

All these assuming the dead kids were still alive at the place of disappearance.
>>
So, being a fan of David's work and reading the first book, my hopes were high. Unfortunately, the direction they took with the movie(I felt) didn't really represent the issue. They focus on 4 cases in the film, one that is developing and three that already happened. What I found astounding about the book series is the MOUNTAIN of cases that David meticulously documented. In the movie they use dramatization at points that I felt wasn't the best, and they cut between the developing case, DeOrr, and the older ones.

I want to recommend this movie, as it is an interesting introduction to the Missing 411 series as a whole, as people are too fucking lazy and stupid to read a book, but I find it hard to.

Spend a little more to get the book if you find the phenomenon of missing people interesting, all you get with the movie is tv movie quality.

Sorry David :(
>>
>>19178546

I think they were hesitant to report the truly bizarre cases, like the kid on the Appalachian Trail that was taken by a thing that looked like a bear. My suspicion is that they are hoping to make a series of movies about this and slowly introduce more of the bizarre cases.
>>
>>19178650
That would be my hope, maybe after making this they'll get a little more exposure and better production value moving forward.
>>
File: cover.jpg (58KB, 413x640px)
cover.jpg
58KB, 413x640px
>>19176027

I don't know why they're not being scanned. I searched long and hard before I finally found a couple of the books. Unfortunately, whoever made them gave zero fucks about quality. These are really shitty scans, although readable, and there are some pages missing, but it's the best I can do right now.

Here's this one; http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/m2x78iEZ/file.html
>>
File: cover.jpg (84KB, 410x640px)
cover.jpg
84KB, 410x640px
>>19176027
>>19179365

And this one; http://www108.zippyshare.com/v/q5wyYc8s/file.html
>>
>>19179365
thanks anon, maybe when i have the dosh i will buy them and scan them in for you all
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.