[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism & Magick: Library Update 55, plus a tiny bit of meta.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 431
Thread images: 29

File: occult sin.jpg (37KB, 960x630px) Image search: [Google]
occult sin.jpg
37KB, 960x630px
First the links, then the updates, then a chat with our regulars.

/sum/ pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW

Library link:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>A.'.A.'.>Philosophy
Lux in Tenebras: The Visual and Symbolic in Western Esotericism

>Euro
Witchcraft and Magic in the Nordic Middle Ages (What it says on the label, an exploration coming through a Pennsylvania uni, it appears to cover the pre to early Christian era for that region).
Votive Body Parts in Greek and Roman Religion

>Gnostic Studies
Tales from Another Byzantium: Celestial Journey and Local Community in the Medieval Greek Apocrypha (djvu file)
Armenian Apocrypha relating to Angels and Biblical Heroes
The Reliquary Effect (Christian and Buddhist relic veneration practices)

>Grimoires
Solomon the Esoteric King: From King to Magus the Development of a Tradition

>Mystical Islam
ʿAjā'ib al-makhlūqāt wa gharā'ib al-mawjūdāt
>>
>>19171640
Now I want to address not any jani or mod, those cats are just doing their job. I wanna address the guy who has been wanking on the report button. If YOU or a group of you are now the people whose expectations I have to meet then I need you to be clear on my understanding of your expectations from me. Thus far, I've identified a few:
>No drug chatter
It's off topic anyway, so w/e.

>No music
This one puzzles me, I'm not super sure what the problem is about sharing songs from known mystics in the occult thread when people here tend to be like minded w/r/t genre and respond well to recommendations that dovetail with practices or aesthetic.

>No telling off topic/garbage posts to seek their own thread, or leave
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19142670/#19151480
That also strikes me as odd given the board is literally littered with super aggressive rejections of posts:
>>19171504
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/search/text/%22fuck%20off%22/

>No expression of bemusement at goofy shit I see about this topic
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19157893/#19167198
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19157893/#19164492

>No quickly attempting to confirm my identity when I pop in while otherwise busy
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19127209/#19138509
I dunno exactly why this merited a report (let alone deletion)?

>Actually on topic replies I guess you don't like
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/18908786/#18911416

The first three I can give you but unless you're just blatantly trying to get me to fuck off, you're gonna need to stop reporting every single word I utter that you don't personally like...and if you ARE, well I frankly don't have the energy to do more than this, which is attempt a rational discussion, because I finally finish this masters in a couple months and already declared the library to be satisfactory for my liking once Tantraloka went up - everything else is bonus material and helping newfriends.
>>
Bump.
>>
>>19171646

Let me know what, exactly, you want out of me, because I've told you what I'm essentially willing to give. Anything beyond this will require you having a chat with me/us ITT, if you'd be kind enough. I dunno who you are, or where on the doll I hurt you, but do know some other things.

1) Multiple people have tried to shut out /omg/. It hasn't worked in the past.
2) The threads persist in my absence.

So let's try to come to an understanding before I move on to anything else.
>>
What's the relation between gnosticism and Kabbalah?
>>
>>19171655
Complex and often misconstrued.

Memers will tell you that Kabbalah is just Gnosticism. What, then, do we make of the cosmology of the Pistis Sophia, which appears to have more in common with the late Hekhalot literature than with anything else?

The core of the matter is that much of the contemplative practices predate Gnosticsm, were integrated thereto, and later experienced a resurgence after the admixture that created the symbols and most of us understand today (Zohar, the Tree, the Divine Man).
>>
>>19171670

I have been studying gnosticism, and some aspects of my experiences are making me question my initial idea and ponder studying kabbalah, how approachable is it and what is a good starting point?
>>
>>19171694
>how approachable is it and what is a good starting point?
Depends on what you want.

I dunno, thumb through Regardie's Tree of Life or Garden of Pomegranates and see if you wanna go further.
>>
We had a thread today about how people missed /omg/. Good to see it back.
>>
>>19171734
>Tree of Life

It's not for magick, it's a spiritual quest
>>
>>19171772
K.
That doesn't change my recommendations.

You're probably not gonna grok David Chaim Smith on day one.
>>
>>19171780

Garden of Pommegranates it is.
>>
CACHE OF ABHINAVAGUPTA MATERIALS LOCATED, DOWNLOADING
>>
File: David Lynch.jpg (11KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
David Lynch.jpg
11KB, 214x317px
Tell me /omg/, is he a practitioner? He's got to be right?

>black & white lodges
>people talking backwards
>evil spirits everywhere
>>
>>19172150
>dopplegangers
>spirit fingers
>>
Are there any PDFs of Regardie's original version of the one year manual?
Would be interesting to read how he tried to combine Christianity with the occult.
>>
>>19172336
>blasphemy
Seriously though look into Gnosticism.
>>
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for that belief but anyone got any reads on wuism? No luck finding anything in the library

I was getting interested in taoism but it seems like a lot of it is based on wuism and the shamanistic practices of wuism seem more interesting.
>>
>>19172150
>>19172174
If he knows something it's informal and not particularly structured. He says his most Spiritual film is Eraserhead. Take that as you will.

>>19172336
>>19172391
I dunno, I got an edition but I doubt it's original.

>>19172413
It is the right thread I just don't have much on anything you're looking for.
>>
File: 1484275971675.jpg (84KB, 456x700px) Image search: [Google]
1484275971675.jpg
84KB, 456x700px
Friendly reminder that those wanting a copy of Secret School of Wisdom can drop a dummy email and I'll send it to 'em.
>>
If you try to make something happen with magick you'll get what you want but get fucked over as payment (you'll get your wish but not the way you expected) so it's not worth doing, right?
>>
>>19172616
[email protected]

Please and thank you :)
>>
>>19172634
This was debunked a few times already. If you do your magick with help from a troll genie then you should have seen it coming.
>>
>>19172647
>[email protected]
Sent.
>>
>>19172651
>This was debunked a few times already

Where?
>>
>>19172616
Thanks mate.

[email protected]
>>
>>19172616
Is this a useful text for a beginner?
>>
>>19172616
Why not just put it in the library?
>>
>>19172688
>[email protected]
BY THE EMPRAH
Sent.
>gb2urspiritualliege

>>19172697
No. It's useful for Freemasonic historians and those interested in the principles of Bavarian Perfectibilism.
>>
>>19172616
[email protected]

Thank you!
>>
>>19172413
As i said. Taoism also seems really interesting but it didn't seem like taoism used any shaman practices.
>>
>>19172702
>Why not just put it in the library?
>It got DMCA'd (on Halloween no less)
>>19172531
>>
>>19172710
>[email protected]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR7GUiiKEz0
Sent.
>>
pls teach me how to throw fireballs
>>
>>19171882
>CACHE OF ABHINAVAGUPTA MATERIALS LOCATED, DOWNLOADING
Five books for a bonus update incoming.
>>
>>19171780
Not that anon, been studying 'Western' Qabalah for a while. What say you of Sefer Otz Chiim?
>>
>>19172679
ITT and elsewhere
>>
>>19172709
Or those interested in reviving the order in some fashion. Don't forget that one!
>>
>>19172727
Heard that guy died a while back :-'(
>>
Did Robert Anton Wilson piss someone off? Surprised to learn that he died slowly, shouldn't he or a fellow chaos mage have been able to help?
>>
>>19172616
[email protected]

Thanks
>>
>>19172813
He's still alive and still acting
>>
File: Chariot_shadai.gif (47KB, 571x633px) Image search: [Google]
Chariot_shadai.gif
47KB, 571x633px
>>19172787
>Sefer Otz Chiim
It's good basic stuff. These are Kabbalah's meaty bits.

Hekhalot Literature in Translation: Major Texts of Merkavah Mysticism over in the Kabbalah folder has the rare Genizah Fragments including Sefer Oyuza.
>>
>>19172828

Disclaimer:

This site contains videos of a man we call the "Tourettes Guy". Although he has been diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome, his actions are influenced by other problems and are not consistent with most Tourette Syndrome sufferers. In exchange for a few laughs, please educate yourself about the reality of Tourettes and "corprolalia" by visiting our "Feel Guilty" page. A few of Danny's fans actually have TS, and would love to answer any questions you may have in the Forums.

Lel
>>19172833
Muchas Gracias
>>
>>19172807
>Or those interested in reviving the order in some fashion. Don't forget that one!
Yeah but that's super ambitious and would require men more learned than I (?!).

>>19172815
Slowly yes but he appeared to not be in shitloads of pain because he kept himself doped six ways from sunday.

In all Wilson's death was comparatively fine.
Now, Germer? There's a brutal occult death.
>>
>>
>>19172847
>Men
>The key being (plural)

>>19172847
What happened to Germer, and why?
>>
>>19172863
Remember the OTO Minerval Oath?

>I break this oath, and betray the bread and salt, may the dogs devour my carcass; (sword drawn) and may I be mutilated and no more a man! (sword placed to naughty bits).

Well, Germer had prostate cancer.
He got operated on.
He needed the wound dressing changed.
It had healed into the cotton.
Everything, just, sorta...um, 'fell out'.
He died of evisceration, screaming.
>>
>>19172888
Yeah.

Holy flying fuck.!?!1?/?1! What aspect of his oath did he break ?
>>
>>19172904
My guess would be failure to develop the Order to the point where there was a clear and unambiguous mechanism of succession, quite possibly the most egregious violation of the earthy hospitality of an outfit that places you in charge.
>>
>>19172911
>You can't break a magical oath
>you only *think* you can
>>
File: kimhis906.jpg (78KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
kimhis906.jpg
78KB, 600x586px
>>19172920
I'm not sure I follow in this context.
I sorta agree, to an extent, but let's face facts, even if Germer's death is OFF THE TABLE, he still fucked up. Badly.
>>
>>19172815
I know somebody who was good friends with him when he was living in Ireland. Apparently he had a lot of stuff going on emotionally about the death of his daughter, and how he acted after that.

Not saying that it drove him insane or anything, but he was a man who certainly had some regrets.
Also
>Did Robert Anton Wilson piss someone off
Nigga, the entire fucking CIA. He was tailed and his phone tapped for a good while
>>
>>19172930
Oh yeah, he fucked up. My meaning in this context was just how remarkably his manner of death coincided with the Minerval Oath to be mutilated, etc. assuming that the two are more than just non-causal independent events.
>>
Do you have anything by Isaac Luria?
>>
>>19172955
OH no I see.

Either way Oaths have multifaceted components. Any oath you're capable of breaking functionally wasn't strong enough to begin with. I really think Germer is a special case, either that he couldn't 'get over it' and move on, or the Powers that Be wouldn't ALLOW him to just move on given the responsibilities he'd assumed.
>>
>>19172990
Yes, I have always heard that even the Oaths of the lower degrees can only be 'broken' if they were half-assed or insincere to begin with
>>
>>19173007
Most oaths can be broken in more contexts than that with limited repercussion but the *conditions* need to be correct for it.

Obviously Germer was flailing BEFORE Crowley died. Things only got worse when he rejected W.T. Smith's offers to put in the college try of reactivating the Order.
>>
>>19172962
Is Lurianic Kabbalah worth studying?
>>
>>19173059
Yes.

>>19172962
I have a very shitty Zohar, no Luria but some material in the Lurianic tradition, mostly via academia; just poke around the library.
>>
>>19171780
DCS is hard to grok even on day 2000, unless you're pretty adept at Ilyyun and have a pretty good working knowledge of both esoteric Buddhism and unwritted Kabbalistic mysteries
>>
>>19172616
I believe you have my email but I would love a copy. If you don't remember I can shoot you an email myself
>>
>>19172756
Lighter + aerosol spray = instant flamethrower (Do not try this at home)

>>19172616
>>19172721
Well shit. I'd better set up a dummy account later, when I have the chance.
>>
What do you guys think about this persons tech:
https://www.reddit.com/r/occult/comments/6gt25g/tgtm_1_the_ghost_the_machine_the_world_of/
>>
Hypothetically, if someone had self-initiated into A.'.A.'. back in the day, completed the tasks of the various grades as they went, and kept extensive records of it all, would they:
a-have been able to technically "moved up the ranks" without having initiates under them to take their previous position(s)
and/or
b- be able to present their record to an 'official' body and be initiated up to the grade they had technically 'attained' while unattached to an order?
In a similar manner to how Crowley was initiated into IX or X degree OTO like, right off the bat?
>>
>>19173106
Just post an email man.
>>
>>19173164
>a-have been able to technically "moved up the ranks" without having initiates under them to take their previous position(s)
Yes, but after Dominus Liminus you MUST HAVE a replacement.

>b- be able to present their record to an 'official' body and be initiated up to the grade they had technically 'attained' while unattached to an order?
Technically? Yes. Functionally? All lineages hate each other too much to let work done be work counted. All lineages start you back over at Probationer if you defect or go from solo to official.
>>
File: minerva_bronze[1].jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
minerva_bronze[1].jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>19172616
>616
[email protected]
>>
>>19173171
>after DL you must have a replacement
In other words, someone who has been coming up thru the ranks, to replace (person)'s RANK of Dominus Liminus?
>>
>>19173180
You can't be an adept unless you have an adept under you. Period.

>>19173178
Oh yea...I thought I did send you a copy. Either way, incoming.
>>
>>19173192
Makes sense.
>>
>>19173199
So, the sooner one is capable of taking on students, the better/ Have you ever witnessed this type of relationship between two people who were also married/living together, or do you have any insight on the advisability of same? thanks.
>>
>>19173206
Generally it's a rough idea but YMMV. Discipline WILL rub off, but some people's inclinations may not be to a comprehensive vision of the Work. A LOT of talented ritualists have little interest in contemplation, and the inverse. A true A.'.A.'. style relationship will require both be enthusiastic about both.

THAT SAID in such intimate quarters you'll be a better judge of 'work done' than a distant guru getting a letter a month as proof of work.
>>
any interesting occult documentaries on youtube?
>>
>>19171640
LOCK IN
>>
>>19173341
?

>>19173333
Not at all.
Some special interest stuff is neat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGzBpqfF-HI&t=4s
>>
>>19173228
Thank you. What is YMMV?
>>
Can Lucifuge be evoked using Goetic methods? He is in some versions of the Goetia, but doesn't seem to be listed with a seal or associated with planets as the others are
>>
>>19173443
Ha looked up ymmv instead of asking to be spoonfed. Silly me.
>>
File: o1FFvuA.jpg (133KB, 1280x865px)
o1FFvuA.jpg
133KB, 1280x865px
>>19173157
>psychotronics
What the fuck...?

Has he come up with a method to capture and contain ghosts?
>>
What books in the archive would you recommend on connection to the higher self?
>>
>>19173228
>Discipline WILL rub off
So does indolence, unfortunately
>>
>>19173564
This will probably start a debate as to whether there can even be said to exist such a thing as a "higher-self." Someone will sperg out and say, "If it exists, POINT to it," even though you just told them you didn't necessarily even subscribe to the concept, personally. Or maybe this is me projecting.
>>
>>19173569
That would be the case if it would be posted directly on /x/ as a thread. This is /omg/, a thread where you could ask about summoning succubi and actually get some solid info instead of the same old hate and copypastas
>>
>>19172616
[email protected]
thank you!
>>
>>19173736
Sent.
>>
>>19172616
[email protected]
Thank you.
>>
Magic ain't real.
>>
>>19172759
oh shit dude what'd you find?
>>
>>19173962
Thank you for the bump.
Care to interest you in some anthrohistorical discussion?

>>19173926
Gimmie like an hour.
>>
>>19173974
Id like to know what the fuck is going on with that DKMU shit. Even normies are gossiping about it now
>>
>>19173926
>[email protected]
Sent.
>>
What are you going to do after your masters, ape?
>>
>>19173171
>All lineages hate each other too much to let work done be work counted.
This sound a lot like left wing parties. Think Life of Brian.
Once a politician here in Brazil, during the right wing dictatorship, remarked that "the Left only unites in prison."
>>
>>19173514
He came up with a method to create servitors using computer technology?

its kind if vague:
https://www.reddit.com/r/occult/comments/6i7vzr/tgtm_2_the_ghost_the_machine_the_craft_of/
>>
where should i look for info on summoning?
>>
>>19174214
Not topical.

>>19174218
Nor is that.

>>19174232
The pastebin in the OP which needs edited a bit.
>>
>>19174244
where in the paste bin, if you don't mind?
I've spent the better half of the day looking through it but havent found anything related to summoning
>>
>>19174251
>I've spent the better half of the day looking through it but havent found anything related to summoning
>>19171640
>/sum/ pastebin:
>http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW
>Below you'll find an assortment of information about the 72 Goetic Demons/Spirits for aspiring Goetic Summoners who don't know where to begin. First of all, these entities are NOT demons; the vast majority of them appear to be Gods of old who simply lost power and worshipers. We cannot trace the origin of some entities, but almost none of them appear in the old rolls of fallen angels or biblical demons.
>>
>>19171640
Interested in sigils, where should I begin?
>>
>>19174276
Agrippa.
Spare.
Any given manual of Chaos magick.
>>
>>19171646
>all those reports
I think someone is trying to bomb this thread by going after the "culture" that has developed within it, like the sharing of music or the off topic discussion. There are a lot of people who hate this thread even though it is consistently the highest quality thread in terms of content on /x/ by far
>>
>>19174292
The people that do the reporting should wash out their sandy vaginas.
>>
>>19174301
or hang themselves, amirite
>>
So why were the Perfictibilists the secret society that really got the most attention from conspiracy theorists? Scanning through the Secret School of Wisdom it is clear that they had political ambitions, but they seem more like typical 19th century Utopians than an evil Hidden Hand that rules the world
>>
>>19174359
i see it like playing a long game of telephone. couple that with hoaxes and disinformation that started over one hundred years ago and you get to where we are today
>>
>>19174292
My bet is on all the creepypasta fags that bitch about discussions of occultism in /x/.
>>
Well, it is a shit thread to say the least.
>>
>>19174423
don't you have a tulpa/flat earth/creepypasta thread to post in?
>>
>>19174432
Ew to all of those and possibly you. lol
>>
So, Ape...What country do you reside in? What is your weather like?
>>
>>19174434
in your opinion, what threads are not shit on this board?
>>
>>19173380
>special interest stuff
that's an amazing talk, do you have any other recommendations for youtube videos?
>>
>>19174439
Oh all of them. I use this site for media - movies, music. Basically, looking for new things to keep me preoccupied. Other than that, the only thing that seems of interest to me is the Mandela Effect stuff because I've witnessed Mandela die like 4-5 times by now. He just recently died this past April 30th, 2017.

Other than that, this page serves me some laughs at many of your expense, especially those of you trying to summon succubus' because you don't know what you're fucking with then you get the opposite by getting instead incubus' because they're fucked up like that. None of you can even comprehend the shit you're messing with on this page. The shit you want especially by playing with fire(magic) is that it comes out backwards or opposites and you end up paying for what stupid shit youre trying to get going with fire (oops, i mean magic). lol
>>
>>19174479
Oh look its a Schizophrenic who thinks that they have an authority on occult matters because they are totally unmoored from reality. While I appreciate how you scare away the cowardly I am going to have to ask you to prove the logic behind your speculation
>>
>>19174494
I have natural magic in my blood. When I want it to rain it'll rain the next day. If I talk about shooting stars then later on during that night a star will fly by. If I talk about wanting a pet, let's say rabbit, then i'll go outside for a cig break then a rabbit will be running around outside the house, or if I want leaves out of my yard but am feeling lazy then a strong wind will blow clearing the yard.

Those of us don't need to practice magic because it's either born with you or you don't have magic, simple as that. Those of us that are lucky that don't need to practice witchcraft and do stupid rituals like the rest of you. >;)
>>
>>19174479
thanks for confirming my suspicions. i asked you what threads you think aren't shit exactly because i hoped you'd be dumb enough to reveal yourself as a colossal fagtron, which you did, so thanks. i got a chuckle. mandela effects threads, wow. keep chuckling away at succubus faggots, we do too, but we also laugh at people like you.

or as you would understand: "lol"

>>19174494
>I am going to have to ask you to prove the logic behind your speculation
please don't encourage them to post further

>>19174502
the most magical thing you could do right now is leave. your entry level synchronicities are cute but still entry level. you're like a little wiccan that looks down on people practicing actual traditions. fuck off
>>
>>19174511
I hope your computer crashes, for being rude to me. lmfao >;)
>>
>>19174514
let's see if your magic pays off. if you can make my computer crash after a full month of continuous uptime, i'll eat my hat.
also:
>lol
>lmfao
> >;)
>>
>>19174527
You want to play with fire, huh? lol I call magic fire because you burn yourself in the process as well.

Magic is like a fire, you have to feed it something first. Surely, you would already know about this since you're a puny master at magic or something. lol >;)
>>
>>19174536
wow scary internet bad guy. or ironic shitposting. either way, doesn't matter. it'll seem like my computer crashed, but it's actually me not replying to your dumbass posts, i'm going to go read a book.
>>
>>19174550
Wow. Do you always get this jealous and your panties in a twist when people talk about natural magic? Serves your ass right for that personality of yours. >;D
>>
>read the Lord's Prayer
>Sicut in caelo, et in terra

hm
>>
anyone know of material on summoning familiar?
>>
>>19174673
I wonder why summoning is the form of esoteric practice that gets asked about the most here. I suspect it has something to do with it being omnipresent in cultural depictions of wizardry
>>
>>19174673
Wouldn't know, it just happens for me. Usually large crows for me. I thought about feeding my familiar one day then it showed up on a branch outside the house with some food in it's mouth.

Your familiar chooses you, if you deserve it or especially in a time of need. Sorry, it ain't as easy as they make it seem in Harry Potter.
>>
>>19172616
Please send! (Excuse the ridiculous name)

[email protected]

I may provide scans of "Inside Solar Lodge: Outside The Law" in few weeks if you are interested
>>
>>19172759
hahaha where?
>>
that dude never posted that Hellenic Astrology textbook did he?
>>
how does one "Purify yourself with the ashes of the Red Heifer" as the Kabbalists would say? Is there a specific formula or mystery of purification being referred to?
>>
>>19175361
Rebuild temple, sacrifice heifer, descend to throne, ???, prophet
>>
>>19171646
there are like two or three anons trying to "reform"
/x/ into something right now.
what that is. I don't fucking know.

Don't let them get to you, you know there are a lot of people out there who appreciate you. Even if they aren't to your particular interest :)
>>
What do you find that is your catalyst or spark? The thing that sets about other things into motion? What do you find that is the beginning that brings about your desired results?
>>
>>19172616
>t. Stratfor agent
>>
>>19172616
[email protected]
If I'm not too late, thanks mate :)
>>
>>19171640
does anyone know some beginner spells, or places were i can look? any advice on casting in general would be helpful
>>
Can someone help out with ENJOYABLE occult reads? I'm going on vacation and I'm not looking enlightenment or practicality right now. Basically raw entertainment value from something that would be filed in the occult section at a library (as opposed to fiction).
>>
Theres alot of material in the mega's Enochian folder.
What's a good text for a beginner?
>>
>>19176693
This is a record of some guys attempt to summon several different demons from the Goetia. You can skip the most of the introduction, which is mostly just his method of summoning, but his accounts of conversations with different demons was pretty entertaining.
Seems like it was legit too.

http://www.libroesoterico.com/biblioteca/ESPECIALES2/Imperial-Arts-Volume-One-Goetia-A-Record-of-Experiments-in-Demonology.pdf
>>
>>19176719
looks promising, thanks
>>
>>19174479
>especially those of you trying to summon succubus
No succubus material in the library, mate. Did you even glance at it?

>because you don't know what you're fucking with
[citation missing]
Esoterica is my career friendo.

>None of you can even comprehend the shit you're messing with on this page.
I, again, an am initiate and professional esotericist (anthro and archaeo of religion and ritual, and presentation thereof in museums).

>>19174378
^This.

>>19174438
Buttfuck Nowhere, USA.

>>19174478
Not really. The only good 'general' shit is like old RAW lectures. Here, have some fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRd_vvEqj88

>>19174673
Lemegeton.

>>19174694
If it ain't living with you, it ain't a famulus.

>>19174722
Later in the AM.

>>19174982
Online.

>>19175121
Nope.

>>19175404
Thanks.

>>19175455
Gettin' pissed.

>>19175640
They pay more than Endgame Systems or Cubic Corp.

>>19176110
You later in the morning too.

>>19176695
Tyson's "Enochian Magic for Beginners".
>>
Lemegeton summoning while drunk, fine or really bad idea?
>>
File: 069.jpg (28KB, 276x375px) Image search: [Google]
069.jpg
28KB, 276x375px
>>19176870
>really bad idea
>>
File: 51fb63155adabc832272997e13b4e7a2.jpg (685KB, 1100x1460px) Image search: [Google]
51fb63155adabc832272997e13b4e7a2.jpg
685KB, 1100x1460px
Morning bump.
>>
>>19176110
>>19174722
Sent.

>>19173736
Send fail.

New tantra to move:
>Large Sutra of Perfect Wisdom
>Abhinavabharati
>Born of the Yogini's Heart: Reflections on the Nature of Meditation and Ritual in Abhinavagupta's PTLV
>Paramarthasara of Abhinavagupta
>Abhinavagupta's Hermeneutics of the Absolute: Anuttaraparakryia - An Interpretation of the Paratrisika Vivarana
>>
>>19176890
Evening bump.
>>
File: 1492943625920.jpg (17KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1492943625920.jpg
17KB, 400x224px
Stupid question incoming, what ritual,sigle, or summond sipirt would best help with not coming off as a socially retarded serglord to every person I meet? I'm asking for a friend.
>>
http://tonyortega.org/2017/06/20/john-brousseau-marty-rathbun-putting-words-in-my-mouth-about-the-fbis-scientology-probe/
>>
>>19174231
Sounds like that guy who comes on /x/ occasionally to LARP about how he used to work for huge companies writing computer programs to summon "billions of microbe-like entities" and electrical "ward structures"
>>
>>19173612
Obviously you haven't seen previous discussions about this exact topic in this exact thread.
>>
>>19177199
Higher Self is, indeed, an illusion.
1) There is no Self. You don't need to be a Buddhist to figure this out.
2) Therefore, any Self that's Higher is not only illusory, but self-constructed via improvement.
3) Notions of 'higher intervention' are almost always predicated on the validity of an external intelligent agency or Other.
>>
>>19177215
Not denying that at all, myself. It seems like a cop-out for psych-model plebs, if ya ask me. However, we both have witnessed how extreme and/or silly these discussions have gotten in the past,.
>>
Bump... have y'all SEEN some of the threads today? It makes me feel lucky to have more than just 4chan in life.
>>
>>19177323
Posted an update on /his/.
We'll see how it goes.
>>
File: 1497899840267.jpg (63KB, 480x480px)
1497899840267.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
>>19177343
>Practicing and teaching magic is against the old law, mate
Fuck the old Law.
>There is no Law beyond "Do what thou wilt."
>>
>>19177346
At least you know that you're in the wrong. Gotcha, (check)mate. >;)
>>
File: photo_10.jpg (158KB, 1120x1120px) Image search: [Google]
photo_10.jpg
158KB, 1120x1120px
>>19177348
You can pry my trumpet made of a human femur from my cold dead hands.
>>
>>19177354
I just love exposing little shits like you. You are going to burn for teaching and spreading this garbage about magic. What these fools don't understand is that you're born with magic in your veins or that you need help. When you need help, it's fire that you're playing with. I'm just laughing at where the fools congregate. Got many of you at once. BWAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>19177360
You the guy from the Illuminati thread?

Wanna take this discussion back a few steps and refute any of my sources or substantiate your claims?

Whatever, though, I'm sure the guy who hasn't even skimmed the library knows the Highest Secrets of the Arcane Arts (and can identify who is or isn't Wytchblooded via imageboard posts).
>>
What illuminati thread? You schizophrenic, mate?
>>
Shouldn't be playing with magic, (check)mate. >;)
>>
>>19177369
Nope.
Certified completely sane by multiple therapists practicing under prescribing psychiatrists.

I only ask because in this post ITT you use the phrase "page" >>19174479 which is pretty rare terminology around 4chan but then we've got another rather belligerent and vitriolic poster here who uses the same phraseology:
>>19172515
>>
>>19177373
Why not?
Because some impotent and incomplete scriptures say YHVH will spank you?

What about esoteric religious scriptures in other religions which encourage mysticism and ritual? Or are those just Satanic and only the only possible correct religion just happens to be the one you were born into?
>>
>>19177379
See, kiddies, this is what happens when you follow weirdos who ignore old laws put into place for magic, they become schizophrenic who even has admitted to be even visiting psychiatrists.
>>
>>19177403
Mate, if you're in graduate school and DON'T need to check in to chat with a professional to make sure your head is screwed on straight, then you must be at a REALLY shitty grad school that doesn't put you through the academic treadmill.

In any case, the onus is going to be upon you to prove any psychiatric illness on my part, which should be difficult to do in that my speech isn't disorganized, I'm not catatonic, I'm not clearly hallucinating ITT, am displaying no paranoia or similar mood disturbances, etc. Where did you get your license to practice medicine, again?
>>
>>19177215
what are the implications of that. does that not contradict shaivism, vedanta, et al?
>>
>>19177417
Ape, you okay? You better get back on your meds, mate. >;)
>>
>>19177373
>talks about using natural magic like a retarded wiccan that also believes in garbled jewish meme religions
>"Shouldn't be playing with magic"
(check)mate. >;)
>>
>>19177437
>>19177425

Where did your name go samefag?
>>
>>19177346
>Do this, and no other shall say nay
>>19177360
You are violating THE SUPREME LAW, so piss off back to the Levant
>>
>>19177423
Not particularly.
The point is obliteration of differentiation between self and Saiva/Shakti.

In many senses the Nondualist schools would assert a discrete personality both does and does not exist with emphasis on the 'does not', or at least is impermanent.

In either case I've never really considered Atman to be anything as discrete as what we'd call Self in any dimensions. The core of your Being need not be a wise intervention bringing entity; indeed, it may be a rather more base cluster of habits and predilections.

>>19177425
What medications?

>>19177437
>"You shouldn't use magick because my morally sophisticated religion."
>"Also, I'm going to lie really hard to discredit a guy who has posted at least 55 library updates over six years."
"Good Christians" ladies and gents.
>>
>>19177437
What you jealous? I never said I practiced magic. Shit just happens because "I'm lucky"! (Check)mate. >;)
>>
>>19177442
i wasnt him, i was mocking him, you dummy
>>
>>19177442
Retards are all schizo on this X thread. BWAHAHA
>>
>>19177457
>getting enjoyment from bottom tier trolling
>acting like a complete 80iq retard
bottom zozzle
>>
>>19177457
>Retards are all schizo on this X thread. BWAHAHA

>>19173630

Your typing styles and cadence are very identifiable.

Care to address:
>>19173466
>>19173501
>>19173515
v
>>
>>19177447
>>19177425
You mean here you are practicing and teaching "magic" and you're not even taking any of the herbs(meds) or magical concoctions associated with magic? You are going to burn so hard.
>>
>>19177462
>bottom tier trolling
>still gets piles of (you)s from all the infants itt
zozzle level higher than expected
>>
>>19177469
>v
>>19173674
Pardon.
Ah, what the hell, one more to grow on.
>>19173731

I love how everyone demands I cite my sources, and when I do, they refuse to substantiate theirs.
>>
File: enochian.jpg (166KB, 638x835px) Image search: [Google]
enochian.jpg
166KB, 638x835px
>>19177473
Hey, I'm not the one furiously bumping a thread about a topic I supposedly hate so it gets more top of the page exposure.
>>
>>19177469
>>19177474
k ape stop feeding the troll, he's clearly got personality issues. if anything, he's the one who should take his meds. and by meds i mean cyanide. fucking normies ree
>>
>>19177479
Yes, an aggressively bumped thread filled to the brim with shitposts is EXACTLY the exposure we need.
A++
>>
>>19177474
You leave so much sources from a lot of these threads that I go through that I could track you back to what you throw out to the public.
>>
>>19177480
Like I said, the more he bumps, the less I have to.

That said it's always strange to me that people WIG THE FUCK OUT around here when you challenge their assumptions, when the whole point of the board is to challenge assumptions.
>>
Hey Ape. Got anything on the Typhonian Order?
>>
>>19177485
>filled to the brim with shitposts
This thread, when filled to the brim with shitposts, still contains 75% less shit than, easily, 2/3rds of the board.

It ain't like he's gonna stop if we ask him real nice or just shut up. He'll reply to himself.
>>
>>19177492
>Hey Ape. Got anything on the Typhonian Order?
Have you gone through my Grant folder in >A.'.A.'.>Thelema? Also has some Franco-Haitian OTO through Mike B. Can't remember if they're translated. Speaking of which, anyone got a scan of Mike B.'s "Ontological Graffiti"?
>>
>>19177490
that's fair, im just worried that seeing so many shitposts will discourage people from contributing positively. but then again, we are elite magic niggers that are going to hell according to this christian wiccan (that im pretty sure now is actually an obese middle aged fundie wiccan cunt), so why's it matter?
>>19177495
also true
>>
A
>>
>>19177496
Much appreciated. U the mvp
>>
The old laws. >;)
>>
Having trouble finding the /his/ thread. never found it last time either...is it called something else?
>>
>>19177508
>>
>>19177513
Esoteric literature.

The board is in a pretty sorry state, too, I'm probably just gonna let it slide off the first ten.

>Why should we talk about history on the history board? Let's post about shitskins more!
>>
Are there any summoning systems a novice can get successful results from with a couple of months of hard work? Everyone seems to jump straight for spooky goetic spirits.
>>
>>19177521
Grimorium Verum.
>>
>>19177498
"we are elite magic niggers that are going to hell"

KEK
>>
>>19177527
>>
>>19177519
Yeah its just a /pol/ with dates now, sadly. Everyone just uses it to 'shill' their ideology.
>"Blocks Your Path"
>WE WUZ
>"I hate that I was born Jewish"
>What did Hitler do wrong?
>Why is/was (my opinion) the only correct one?
>Le cuckold meme
Absolutely disappointing.
>>
>>19172930
>even if Germer's death is OFF THE TABLE, he still fucked up. Badly.

Saturn eating his children.

>>19174292
>I think someone is trying to bomb this thread by going after the "culture" that has developed within it,

Old Soviet hangover. UFOs, conspiracies, &c good. Magic, mysticism, religion, bad

>>19176768
>Tyson's "Enochian Magic for Beginners".

Always makes me smile.

>>19177215

Well said.
>>
File: sfs6dXZ.jpg (23KB, 480x350px) Image search: [Google]
sfs6dXZ.jpg
23KB, 480x350px
>>19177535
>tfw the first few months were pretty legit
>>
Hey guy curious about Ebony, Black Lodge, and the Tesseract (if you're around)

This is Satyr (who likely won't be sticking around):
>>19177537
>>
File: HesRightYouKnow.jpg (36KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
HesRightYouKnow.jpg
36KB, 540x960px
>>19177527
>>
>>19177550

}:-)
>>
Whats the gist of Abhinavagupta's teachings?
>>
Whats the gist of Abhinavagupta's teachings?
>>
>>19177577
>Abhinavagupta
>gist
You are everything and nothing.
Shiva is everything and nothing.
Interface therebetween is cause for Mukti, or Liberation.
There is no purity.
There is no defilement.
There is only Shiva.

That's SUPER FUCKING REDUCTIVE.
Abhinava was a mind-blowingly intelligent philosopher of aesthetics. Tantraloka touches on ideas which can be construed as early speculation on gene theory (Abhinava identifies a discrete and heritable 'plan' inherent in all biological entities) and the inability of sophisticated systems to analyze themselves using the tools of said system (so ideas that wouldn't be on the table again until Godel). He's also an elaborator of previous tantric systems before him, a linguist, a sexual mystic, etc.
>>
>>19177524
>Grimorium Verum
Is Stratton-Kent's grimoire the best version for this?
>>
>>19177596
Yeah, for now, though Peterson's is also good.
>>
The old laws.
>>
>>19177594
thanks m8
>>
looking to get into occultism but i don't have much in the way of privacy or resources. what are some practices or schools of magic or whatever you call them that don't require either?
>>
>>19171640
Hey, do you have that Bavarian translation from the other thread? worbla4(at) gmail.com
>>
>>19177681
Gimmie a sec.

>>19177678
Grimorium Verum.
Also, if the people around you object:
>Fuck them, they can deal with it or you can leave. This should be lesson one.
>>
>>19177686
>Grimorium Verum.
Thanks, I'll look into it.
>Also, if the people around you object:
>Fuck them, they can deal with it or you can leave. This should be lesson one.
Unfortunately that's not really an option for me right now, though I expect things will get better in that regard some two years from now.
>>
>>19177686
It said the link was no longer available?
>>
https://global.oup.com/academic/product/satanic-feminism-9780190664473?cc=us&lang=en

New from Oxford University Press:

Lucifer as the Liberator of Woman in Nineteenth-Century Culture

Author Per Faxneld

Uses material never before analyzed by a historian of religions, or, in many cases, by anyone else
Highlights a previously unknown, significant and highly colorful current in the history of feminism and alternative religion
Sheds new light on several important names in esotericism, art and literature, by demonstrating how their ideas stand in a tradition of Satanic feminism
The inter-disciplinary approach makes visible features and connections that have previously been obscured to those working only with the material and perspective of a single field

>>19177686
>>19177681
Sent
>>
>>19177737
Nvm, I just got it thanks
>>
>>19177736
In violation of Global Rule #1, are we? :-P

just remember, there is always momma nature to provide a ritual space, and Workings can be done to acquire a more suitable Workspace.
>>
>>19177737
Great, some faglord probably reported it.
Again.

Lemme check and see.

Fine on my end, lemme resend it, and if not, try again later.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7h8CqYXEx0
>>
>>19177770
Considering his relationship with Graham bond and several other occultist/musicians/artists, this is very much relevant, and worth a look for anyone who has time and wants an informative laugh.
>>
>>19177751
unbelievable. wiccan holocaust when?
>>
>>19177770
Been on my 'to watch' list for a minute, thanks mate.
>>
>>19177776
>>19177778
>off by one
>>
>>19177778
>~t. Numbskull
>>
File: 1492320507873.jpg (221KB, 1257x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1492320507873.jpg
221KB, 1257x1408px
>>19177778
>wiccan holocaust when?
Immediately after we implement the Final Solution to the Kekite Question.
>>
>>19177790
absolutely more than ok with that
>>
>>19177215
>There is no Self. You don't need to be a Buddhist to figure this out.
1) There is a changing, arising and giving rise to interdependent phenomena self, the buddhists figured that out
2) "Higher self" shorn of context is an utterly vacuous phrase, even given a value system there can be any number of senses in which a sense is higher
3) Notions of 'higher intervention' predicated on the validity of an external intelligent agency or Other are frequently complex and ambiguous on just how other this Other is, frequently the intervention of the Other is followed by a revelation that in some sens the Other is more Self than self
>>
>>19177788
say old laws one more time. you still havent made my computer crash like you said you would, btw.
>>
>>19177778
>not utilizing the vast open for rituals and other maegickall shenanigans, because MUH WICCA DOES IT

Plebtastic.
>>
>>19177804
Actually it appears as though that guy left. Please let's try not to summon him back by being so inept at following who is saying what.
>>
>>19177807
>not understanding the context of the comment
your reading comprehension is what's plebtastic
>>
>>19177819
OK, then enlighten us what you were referencing RE: Wicca if not the reference to outdoor ritual space, please?
>>
>>19177594
>inability of sophisticated systems to analyze themselves using the tools of said system (so ideas that wouldn't be on the table again until Godel)
don't you get some of that with pyrrhonian skepticism?
>>
>>19177803
>1) There is a changing, arising and giving rise to interdependent phenomena self, the buddhists figured that out
Sure, but as an interdependently arisen phenomena, "Self" in the use being referenced here has no more substance in reality than my D&D npcs.
>>
>>19177822
see:
>>19177498
>an obese middle aged fundie wiccan cunt
my comment had nothing to do with the ritual space, but with the fact that this cunt kept talking about natural magic and being a condescending cunt, like most wiccans ive met.

i use outdoor ritual spaces as much as the next guy, im not criticizing that.
>>
>>19177827
Sure, but as an interdependently arisen phenomena, this cell phone has no more substance in reality than self
>>
>>19177837
Well, "this cunt," as you say, was not the one who typed that comment about 'momma nature.' It was me. The same guy who said
>>19177807
>>19177822
>>19177788
>>19177751
>>
>>19177842
I'd quibble lightly with that but I have homework and really need to call my boss.
>>
>>19177826
Yes, but my point is that it's not a common topic of discourse, especially among 10th C. pooinloos.
>>
>>19177844
wow theres more than one person using smileys on this board? your mannerisms are similar to that last person, which is why there was confusion. i'll apologize, but only if youre not the person who did the reporting.
>>
>>19177860
Nigga, I'm a regular in this thread. I don't like these people anymore than you do.
>>
>>19177849
>>19177854
yeah, bless you, wouldn't have even typed it if I had seen your response re:saiva/shakti. Thanks for the books, get your shit done
>>
Without starting a pissing contest, why did Crowley consider Spare a Black Brother?
This is as a person who admires the work of both of them, in proper proportion to their contributions.
>>
>>19177866
im sorry. lets do a homoerotic wiccan ritual in a forest and everything will be all better.
>>
>>19177878
Rather do a full-blown homosexual Thelemic ritual, but whatever suits your fancy.
>>
>>19177883
it was in jest. we can do both if you want, bic boii.
>>
>>19177884
Sure. You catching or pitching? It will take me a couple days if it's necessary to get into that 'receptive' mindset, if ya know my meaning.
>>
>>19177892
either/or/both. whatever floats your goat, brethren. whatever the ritual requires. whatever tickles your pickle (which in this case i guess will be me that will do the tickling).
>>
>>19176896
wow the mega is slowly turning into one of the best sources of Vedic philosophy outside of an Indian university. Good work Ape
>>
>>19177892
>>19177884
>>19177883
>>19177878
*teleports behind you*
*unsheathes fedora*
*unzips clinical autism*
PFFFSSSSHHHHTT
Nuthin' personnel, kid.

>>19177871
>This is as a person who admires the work of both of them
I can give you a decent answer before the hour's out if you stick around.
>>
>>19177900
Well, one of my more recent experiments, all kidding aside, was working with what little is known about the XIth degree OTO, along with some cautious assumptions, to try and produce a certain variation of the Elixir. About ten minutes after consumption, it felt like an electric current was coursing thru me. not conclusive, but encouraging.
>>
>>19177908
Thank you. Currently at work, so not going anywhere. Will be popping in and out as time allows.
>>
>>19177914
Mind you, this is primarily based on conjecture and wild speculations directly from my rectum, but 'tis what 'tis
>>
>>19177908
>2000 + 17 years after OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST COMETH
>not having homoerotic thelemic RP on a tibetan yak milking forum

>>19177914
im not actually a thelemite but i have a curiosity for thelema. ive read some of the stuff and a bit of that XIth degree. can you give me a quick rundown?
>>
>>19177908
Ape, you probably already know this, but 'twas my recent discovery that Auroshika makes a variation of Nag Champa incense that presumably doesn't have Sai Baba's greedy dickskinners all over it... If you don't mind my asking, didn't you say that's your main evocative incense? Or is that my faulty memory? Thanks.
>>
>>19177930
Ape has some materials in the mega. It is anal *related.* There definitely seems to be an isolative aspect of it, *possibly* a two-part thing that involves both isolation and penetration (obviously not at the same time). tis a personal feely that the isolative aspect relates to Pratyahara/Dharana in some way.
>>
>>19177949
ive read a bit about it, i just wanted to get your personal thoughts on it. or is that too much info?
>>
where can i buy a virgin goat without arousing suspicion?
>>
>>19177982
...a farmer?
>>
>>19177537
Hey Satyr, I don't know if you're still here or not but if you are I just wanted to say that Kaos magazine is great and that you're honestly one of the few living Thelemites that I really look up to. I have a couple questions:
Is there a place on the internet to find scans of older copies of Kaos magazine? I'm particularly interested in Hakim Bey's articles but I'd devour any whole magazines that exist
The other thing I wanted to ask about was the whole Ebony Anpu mess and your take on it. I've heard a lot of second hand information regarding the situation and when I asked around about to Thelemites in Oakland they just kind of stared at me blankly and didn't say anything. The Tesseract system is such a singularly impressive system of magick that I would think the Thelemic community would be thrilled by the advancement of the Arte, so why the illuminati-esque disappearing act?
>>
>>19177999
yeah because a farmer wont get suspicious when i ask which ones are virgins.
>>
>>19178009
get a young goat, you dummy, they don't start breeding them right out the womb. you dont need to ask them.
>>
>>19177908
>I can give you a decent answer before the hour's out if you stick around.
>>19177917
>>19177871
The best article on the topic broadly comes from, oddly, Sword of Horus and Ye Olde GM Kelly:
https://darkchilde.wordpress.com/2006/04/17/ille-ferrum-de-horus-by-frater-med/
But it still doesn't tell you WHY.

Ok, so Spare was an early adopter. His art was in Eq. 1 which was the first public A.'.A.'. announcement. By all reports he was a relatively competent student but rather anarchic and 'fuck you dad' in character, but this didn't cause issue.

Spare probably had contact with the Essex witch cult. The real one. Crowley probably did too. Both had something of a witchbottle fascination and both report contact with female only covens in that region.

When Crowley starts teaching Spare sexual magick, a lightbulb goes off. The old witchbottles. He more or less abandons the (old) Work for reconstructing the Old Craft.

Grant reports Crowley felt this was a regrettable loss. His 'denouncement' is more a lament. We *needed* him.

In this sense he's a black brother on a few levels. He's not the Christ-Egreogre BB, and from Crowley's quotes, likely not a failed Abyssal candidate. He's in the "Tower of Adepts and the Pool of Narcissus"...or the process of the Death Posture and self stimulation for the purposes of a legion of egregori.

In my mind Crowley probably thought of Spare much as he thought of as Parsons...Jack quit the OTO but continued A.'.A.'. study through and after Crowley's death among legit representatives (Smith, as isolated as Crowley made him, was never 'kicked' or resigned). Spare couldn't escape the Graal, though, because Chumbley rectified the systems.
>>
>>19177550
Fuck I probably missed him. Is it weird that I could tell it was an old head Thelemite because of his well put "Soviet Paranoia" response?
>>19177871
I'm actually very curious about this too if you don't mind talking about it, Ape
>>
>>19172616
[email protected]
>>
is there any matirial on summoning, outside of the lesser and greater key of solomon?
>>
>>19178022
>black brother
I had no idea this term had degrees to it, I thought it was reserved for people who committed the most egregious blasphemy by taking the power of gnosis and using it to animate their Ego, thereby projecting chaos and confusion into the world by making belief systems based on their insecurities and delusions. Like L Ron Hubbard, as a possible example
>>
>>19178097
Most common usage is RE: the Oath of the Abyss, afaik.
>>
>>19178109
This, sorta.

Leads to this sorta: >>19178097

RE: Degrees, there's also "that asshole I don't like", Abrahamism and apologists thereto, and other shades relating to abandonment or exclusionism late in commitment.
>>
>>19177952
Have tried typing this up numerous times but keep getting interrupted by work and can't leave it up on my screen when I leave the desk....Basically, add anal stimulation to the traditionally hetero-preparation of the elixir, as far as we can be sure of it. The idea is that stimulation of the prostate adds to it somehow. Not sure but that's why they are experiments.
>>
>>19172616

[email protected]

pls if you're still around :) or anyone you will have my blessings
>>
>>19178162
>>19178027
You'll need to give me a while, maybe a couple hours.
>>
>>19178176
Are you running around for work/school like a raped ape?
(see what ah did thurr?)
>>
>>19178129
One thing I've learned studying the biographies of famous occultists is that uncorrected errors early in the process of initiation can lead to horrific consequences further down the road.
>>
>>19178022
>Spare couldn't escape the Graal, though, because Chumbley rectified the systems.

So then why did they both die of mysterious respiratory ailments?
>>
>>19178276
We know Chumbley was born with a serious genetic deformity/respiratory infirmity. Nothing mysterious about that. Can't speak for Spare.
>>
>>19172616
>dummy email
I think I did this right.
[email protected]
>>
>>19171640
>>A.'.A.'.>Philosophy
>Lux in Tenebras: The Visual and Symbolic in Western Esotericism

Can't seem to find it.
What's the filename?
>>
>>19178002
>I just wanted to say that Kaos magazine is great and that you're honestly one of the few living Thelemites that I really look up to.

Gee, thanks.

>Is there a place on the internet to find scans of older copies of Kaos magazine? I'm particularly interested in Hakim Bey's articles but I'd devour any whole magazines that exist

Not to my knowledge. Joel gave me a copy of KAOS XIII. I was unsuccessful running down the rest. Consider approaching Joel. He may na' bite.

>the whole Ebony Anpu mess

I wish there were a simple answer to that, but Ebony was not a simple man. The Tesseract was an amazing piece of work. He walked me through it, sitting in the floor of his apartment, back when Ebony was still in his prime.

But even then, he was a difficult figure. Basically, he had his followers and then there were rest of us, who mostly paid our respects and stayed out of his way. Sometime after I left the Gray Area, he slid down hill. Some overly ambitious young aspirants used his love of sex and drugs to squeeze out of him all they could get. What was left wasn't much. It's possible that some of the folk you talked to in Oakland didn't know him in his prime. It's also possible that some are loyal company folk and anyone thrown out of the Order must have obviously deserved it.

Ebony made a few obvious fuck ups and paid for them. There is evidence suggesting that, after passing, he hung around for a while, making amends for some of those fuck ups. Personally, I can keep Ebony's fuck ups and accomplishments separate and still think his work pretty impressive.

Don't know whether anyone ever went anywhere with the Hawk and Jackal material. Just rumors.

>>19178023
>Is it weird that I could tell it was an old head Thelemite because of his well put "Soviet Paranoia" response?

Heh.
>>
If I could get a recommendation, I'm interested in reading about future seeing, deja vu, and also anything there might be about skepticism in general. Thank you.
>>
>>19178022
>Spare probably had contact with the Essex witch cult. The real one. Crowley probably did too
what's the case for this?
>>
>>19178428
>skepticism
The beginner folder has Sane Occultism by Dion Fortune, which I am currently enjoying.
>>
>>19178422
>There is evidence suggesting that, after passing, he hung around for a while, making amends for some of those fuck ups.

Does this evidence include hints left that suggests his identity?

Anything else you feel comfortable elaborating on in this regard- I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to hear it.
>>
>>19178422
Thank for your thoughtful reply.

>Ebony made a few obvious fuck ups and paid for them.
This seems clear although between Bjorge and Ebony's wife it's hard to tell exactly what they were because everyone has their own hot take.

>Don't know whether anyone ever went anywhere with the Hawk and Jackal material. Just rumors
The stuff I've seen is remarkably impressive. There's a sort of libertine quality to it that you don't see in most lodge material, which I suppose could lead to all sorts of problems if not tempered by discipline, but that is just speculation.
I see a lot of the Hawk and Jackals work reflected in how a lot of younger Thelemites now have a sort of balance between Thelema and the Saabatic mysteries as essential to their practice, including a few who are in this thread
>>
>>19178548

He made post-mortem appearances in folks' dreams, teaching them things that they didn't know but that he was capable of teaching. Like, he came to a friend of mine and introduced her to elementals and taught her how to manipulate her form in dream space, leading to the manipulation of dream space itself.
>>
>>19178599
That's pretty damn cool
>>
>>19178591
>Ebony's wife

The only one of his lovers that I knew was Lottie.

>There's a sort of libertine quality to it that you don't see in most lodge material, which I suppose could lead to all sorts of problems if not tempered by discipline, but that is just speculation.

Good observation. Hedonism is great for raising
'energy', if, and only if, you have a structure/vessel strong enough to contain it. Otherwise, out-of-control dumpster fire, more often than not.

>I see a lot of the Hawk and Jackals work reflected in how a lot of younger Thelemites now have a sort of balance between Thelema and the Saabatic mysteries as essential to their practice, including a few who are in this thread

Another fine observation. I suppose he's one of the primary figures behind Thelemic witchcraft.

>>19178639

I was impressed and I'm personally by nature skeptical af.
>>
>>19178656
>Thelemic witchcraft
Out of curiosity, do you share Ape's interest in the work of Chumbley, and what's your general take on it? I feel, intuitively, that there is an element of "witchcraft" in the 156 current, although I cannot claim that I am too familiar with it.
>>
>>19178439
Thank you. Will be useful.
>>
Anyone have any idea why Lucifuge is listed in Duquette's Goetia, but without a seal or any indication that he/it can be evoked using Lemegeton methods? Thanks.
>>
I have a lot of trouble relaxing and have a lot of tension, what can I do/read about this?
>>
>>19178792
Yoga. When meditating, focus on the breath. the fourfold breath is considered to be beginner-friendly.
>>
>>19178678
>I feel, intuitively, that there is an element of "witchcraft" in the 156 current, although I cannot claim that I am too familiar with it.

I agree. As I recall, Joel was very interested in the witch trad or trads Spare claimed to represent.

When I was first exposed to Chumbley, I wasn't impressed, but watching over Ape's shoulder, I've come around to it. It's a bit too wild and woolly for my taste. Probably just my age showing. I'm particularly interested in how Cain and Lilith are worked into the system. Joel and I touched on Lilith, but didn't go too far with it. Cain figures prominently in Crowley here and there, but until Chumbley, I hadn't seen anyone do much with him.
>>
I sometimes feel like most of these books are just cashgrab and wank from a standpoint of average practitioner and you need only several of them to be as educated and set as literary works can allow you to be. I mean, half of it is rehash or commentary on commentary on commentary. A few are decent material explaining terms, explaining what things are, how and why and then providing set of practices/exercises to develop. That's about it.
>>
>>19178807
What are you practicing/interested in nowadays, Satyr?
>>
File: IMG_1316.jpg (231KB, 776x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1316.jpg
231KB, 776x960px
>>19178807
>Cain figures prominently in Crowley here and there
Can you elaborate on that? I don't really know what you're talking about off the top of my head
>>
>>19178022
That article makes a pretty serious argument for Grant being a black brother but somehow I just don't really buy it, I'll concede that he went kind of nuts but he clearly went "someplace" and did "something" and as far as I can tell he never claimed to cross the Abyss.
>>
>>19178415
I couldn't find Solomon the Esoteric King, either. Are we sure these were added?
>>
>>19178815
Cool Story Bro. Care to elaborate which books you refer to, or even perhaps to whom you were responding?
>>
>>19178858
probably no added yet, i looked for the other update mentions and couldn't find them either.
>>
>>19178792
>>19178800

It's also advanced friendly.

If you can't relax, the quickest troubleshooting chart starts with this:

Are you sleeping well enough?
Are you getting exercise?

After this it's meditation or relaxation training. It takes weeks or sometimes months, so don't stop because you think "it's not working".

It is cumulative and in many cases it can't be revoked. I.e., once you meditate consistently for a long enough period of time, your brain undergoes changes (mostly in the front), and there is a robust, long lasting change to your original anxiety levels, whether you continue or not.

The downside is you might give up too soon, because you are not "feeling it yet"
>>
>>19178894
>894▶
>>>19178792
Sure it is, but there are many pranayama cycles that are *explicitly* NOT beginner friendly, is the point.
>>
>>19178415
Saw it right between Liz Greene and "Magickal Interpretations, Material Reality". Same with >>19178858

>>19178162
>>19178027
>>19178290
Sent.

>>19178436
See the book "Children of Cain" and the near only use of Agrippa's sigils between Agrippa and Spare is the Witch Bottle tradition in archaeological record.
>>
>>19178894
I appreciate the advice.
It would seem my sleep quality isn't so good, as I don't wake up as refreshed as when I was younger. I have been making an effort to exercise more and I think it's helping. But my muscles get very sore very quick, and the tension in my body impedes my exercise sometimes.

I'm going to look into meditation. Do you have any specific sources I can read as a beginner?
>>
>>19178905
>>>19178415 (You)
>Saw it right between Liz Greene and "Magickal Interpretations, Material Reality". Same with >>19178858
We are probably looking at different mega links.
The one at the top of thread is pic.
>>
>>19178933
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
File: its there mate.png (126KB, 1271x362px) Image search: [Google]
its there mate.png
126KB, 1271x362px
>>19178933
>>
>>19178909
There are probably at leat 50 people reading this thread who could tell you the genuine basics of meditation, because they started and have since watched their own progress over two decades or more.

It is much, much less complicated than you might think.

Focus only on your breath. Sit comfortably, do not lie down. Back straight is a plus but not strictly necessary at this time.

If you stop focusing on your breath, bring yourself back to focusing on your breath. Do not insult yourself, do not allow frustration, just simply bring yourself back to focusing on your breath. There is no failing, if you are intending to focus on your breath, then your brain changes, which is the goal. But when you "fail" to focus on your breath (which is what a human being cannot help but eventually do) and you convince yourself that you have "failed" then you are wasting your own time.

When the time comes that you realize you can't fail, that you stop watching yourself, that you focus on your breath, and then you "fail" again, but then you just go back to focusing on your breath........... (it's a process not a destination)

You actually learn something about anxiety if you can meta this whole thing (stop watching yourself so much, and just live)
>>
>>19178905
Thanks, guv. Just need to figure out how to check the inbox for this throwaway mail...

Do you have any other good books you can't put in the library?
>>
>>19178832

I have diverse interests, these days. Still interested in magic, but more from the academic side. My orgy days are over.

I've an interest in the current represented by Zhuang-Lao Daoism. I poke holes in the received interpretation of Proto-Indo-European, which leads me to Central Asia and curiously Cain again.

>>19178834

Thoth, "The Lovers", or more properly, "The Brothers".
>>
>>19178290
>>19178905
>>19178968
Son of a bitch. I may have fucked up, I clicked "refresh" thinking it would refresh the inbox or something and it gave me a new address.

[email protected]

Sorry. Dammit.
>>
>>19178905
>k "Children of Cain"
Thanks
>>
>>19178982
>[email protected]
Sent
>>
>>19178974
>Zhuang-Lao Daoism
nice
>>
>>19178990

https://terebess.hu/english/chuangtzu.html

One of the better English translations. The first seven chapters are essential reading.

Daoism is deeply rooted in the shamanic practices associated with ancestor worship and projects forward through zazen today. Cool stuff.
>>
>>19178990
>>19179013

https://terebess.hu/english/tao/addiss.html

Again, one of the better English attempts.
>>
>>19179013
Thanks for the tip
>>
>>19179013
>>19179030
Thank you. I'm heavily interested in Daoism, so thanks for the good translation recommendations. Cheers.
>>
>>19179082

You're most welcome.
>>
>>19179096
To you, what's are the three most important books in the daoist canon?
>>
>>19179131

For me, it's not that simple. I think that Han Fei Tzu is very useful in understanding the Daoist thought of that period. I personally learned an awful lot from Sawyer's, The Art of War, though I agree with him that it is not a Daoist text. It is nonetheless informed by Daoist concepts to a great extent.
>>
>>19178974
>Cain again
Really? Where?
>>
>>19178987
Thanks. Not sure how long it takes for e-mails to send to the inbox, but hopefully before it dies in two days. Sorry again for the mess.
>>
>>19179154
Midrash states that Qayin and Abel's sacrifices were for the hand of Calmena, their sister.

God sanctioned Abel's marriage.
They went to double team her ("Brother, let us go into the field").
Qayin killed his brother and took Calmena as his wife.

God, clearly, didn't like that arrangement.
>>
Supposedly there was some kinda battle between Crowley, and I'm inclined to say Mathers (?) Anyone have the rundown on this? Didn't see much about it in the Autohagiography.
>>
>>19178982
>>19178987
>>19179166
>Thank you for using ThrowAway Mail to fight spam, your temporary disposable email is :
>[email protected]
GOD DAMN IT.

FUCK IT. FORGET IT. I don't want to waste any more of your time on this pointless damn thing.

Why is this so fucking confusing?
>>
>>19179180
Not sure because THIS anon here is totally tech-inept and got it on his first try.
>>
>>19179190
rekt
>>
>>19179180
mail.com
I'm sending from one of my /pol/ accounts via mail.com.

>>19179174
Not much to say; legal dispute spilled into the temple and it broke the Golden Dawn.
>>
>>19179167
>the brothers/lovers
So the card represents like the superposition of those ideas of bloodshed and "taking a wife"
>>
>>19179195
So there wasn't a magical dispute involving hexes being thrown at one another, etc.
>>
>>19179190
>>19179192
I've never done a temporary e-mail, certainly not on the site I found...
>>19179195
>sign-up page
Uuuuugh... I'm gonna go make a taco. I'll be fine, I have a million books I still need to read.
>>
>>19179204
Yeah, there was.
The result was the GD's implosion into a number of splinter sects around Europe.

I just don't find it to be a particularly exciting example of magickal warfare when we've got The Ice Wars, The Mahendranath Succession, Hubbard v. Parsons, and the A.'.A.'. Lineage Wars.
>>
>>19179210
>I'm gonna go make a taco
>tfw no tacos
>>
>>19179237
I see. it just seemed like something that comes up a lot but never was very well documented? maybe I just missed the documentation.
>>
>>19179237
>the Ice Wars
I thought you said that was a myth
>>
>>19179318
No, some people think it's a myth, mostly one of the articles I link when talking about it (tempest in a teapot, I think was their description. It's still a very compelling story about the collapse of the Euro IOT)
>>
>>19179343
What do we know about William S. Burroughs' association with IoT? Couldn't find a whole lot about it.
>>
Thank you Satyr for raising the quality of posts in this thread.
>>
>>19179348
>Satyr
>93
>not 156
wow
>>
>>19179381
kek
To be fair to
>>19179348
156 is as I understand it an elaboration of 93 not a replacement
>>
>>19178022
Ape I'm really curious about what your editorial thoughts are on that article you posted. It seems to be a pretty moralizing and rigid understanding of Grants work
>>
>>19179430
>The object of the operation was to initiate the '156 current', essentially the Cult of 'Chaos conjoined with Babalon', to advance and supersede the now defunct 93 current of Thelema and transform the Chaos current.
Hmm...makes u think
>>
re: nofappers

https://www.attn.com/stories/17751/surprising-benefit-ejaculation
>>
>>19179496
Remember kids if you eat your cum then it's just like you never fapped at all!
>>
>>19179455
I absolutely agree.
GM Kelly hates everyone who isn't GM Kelly.

Still better than that awful LAShTAL thread where everyone shits on Grant then Staley shows up and everyone's dick shrinks. Bless the man but someone should peel him away from the keyboard. I'll defend myself as a rando on the internet but the more you do it as a Name, the more you look like Bersson.
>>
>>19179507
>awful LAShTAL thread
You mean like this one that that troll keeps springing on you like it's his trump card:

https://www.lashtal.com/forums/topic/chumbley-and-left-hand-tantra/

I can't believe I used to think that forum was the best place for occultism on the internet
>>
>>19179522
What blows me away is how divorced what that guy is saying is from the Tantraloka's dictates. And they're Mahendranath's recognized successors.

>tfw Kali Yuga
>>
>>19179533
[email protected]

Can you resend me the book? It's only good after 1 hour - then everything gets deleted.
>>
>>19179547
>[email protected]
Sent.
>>
>>19179533
I've been trying to grok the Tantraloka as part of my "Chumbles reading list" and I don't quite understand why the people on that thread imply that it's left hand path. Even the kula chakra stuff doesn't seem all that left hand path to me at all
>>
Are the new abhinava ups not in the mega yet?
>>
>>19179558
You sir, are a peach. Many thanks.
>>
>>19179575
Eastern>Saivism>Abhinavagupta (Uttara Kaula Trika)

>>19179573
It is, technically, Vamacara.
It's certainly not particularly aggressive compared to it's brothers, sisters, or cousins.
>>
>Eastern>Saivism>Abhinavagupta (Uttara Kaula Trika)
That's where I'm looking. I sorted by upload date and the last ones are from March. I'll use another browser, maybe mine's tripping out
>>
Ape my dude, which tantras do you think are super important to read? I've already read Kularnava, Kaulajnananirnaya, Vijnanabhairava, and some Buddhist ones, but the Buddhist ones don't appeal to me as much as the former ones. What other ones are up that alley?
>>
>>19177907
>wow the mega is slowly turning into one of the best sources of Vedic philosophy outside of an Indian university. Good work Ape
Not really.
The WHOLE Eastern folder is only 400 texts. Double or triple that and we're getting into rivalry of many Indic unis, though I'd imagine a few had 'tantra' archives I'll never touch in terms of scope.
>>
>>19179609
Here, do me a favor.

Exit your browser.
Clear your cache.
Use the link and not a bookmark.

If you still have a problem, then reply and I'll 're-enter' the books into the folder(s).
>>
>>19179632
Cleared, exited, used a link, same thing. Used a browser I've never used before to access the mega, same thing. Is anyone else having this problem? Usually when you upload new stuff, it comes in automatically, and I don't use a bookmark for it. Strange.
>>
>>19179641
Same problem here.
Cleared cache, history, cookies, tried three different browsers. No go.
>>
>>19179641
>>19179660
Ok gimmie a few.
>>
>>19179670
>>19179660
>>19179641
1) Try it now, I copy pasted the files rather than moving them.
2) Which of the other files were fucking up? Lux in Tenebras and....?
>>
>>19179676
>Lux in Tenebras
>copy pasted

So check that'n too and lemme know about others.
>>
>>19179676
Still can't see them; tried two browsers. Maybe Mega is shitting the bed?
>>
>>19179690
>Maybe Mega is shitting the bed?
Wouldn't be the first time.
>>
>>19179711
>>19179690
Ok, here's a cortex tickler.

This link workin'?

https://mega.nz/#!dJoBTLRL!wmz_kKVF-R6PKb1C5_8CX9MiCnzXVhdLTF_8GiEpJeE
>>
>>19179716
...yup
>>
>>19179721
Well it's linking to my Abhinava folder.
>>
>>19179724
it's linking to one of the new pdfs, not the folder
>>
>>19179687
I moved to my ancient Linux box.
Same thing. None of your newest updates/additions are showing.
I would say it was on my end is not for>>19179641
>>
>>19179728
It's linking to the pdf in the file structure of the abhinava folder.

If I moved it, the url would change.
>>
>>19179733
Can you link the other ones as well? It's a dirty solution but a solution nonetheless
>>
>>19179733
>If I moved it, the url would change.
Well, shit, maybe not.
It'd be nice if they announced updates or something.

I dunno let's give it a day.
>>
>>19179740
>>19179736
https://mega.nz/#!EMpEVIKT!FYPxWZgLS6x08mpZM_Tv0TZ38DoGy7Imhq_b00oenaE

https://mega.nz/#!ZBowDR7T!NIjQyeBA476q9CMV05ipYfdGQI4ryfqNN4oWTypJt8Y

https://mega.nz/#!0JAC3DqC!mD4npkMLZb2FNW1N5gEHfsw704Cj_I_mDpisagm7YRg

https://mega.nz/#!xNInAbrA!IHe3yzudYFx08YVSiwr7tLXo-3qsqM5FOHxvg_w1PM8
>>
>>19179716
That works on both
>>
>>19179740
>>19179749
Awesome, thanks. You're the man, as usual. I admire your dedication to the promotion and promulgation of these great teachings. Hopefully Mega will stop spazzing out.
>>
>>19179749
Two of those files don't have extensions. Do you happen to know what they are? The extensions, I mean.
>>
>>19179768
Add a .pdf (dotpdf)
>>
>>19179768
nvm, they're pdfs. I was thinking they might be djvu's or something.
>>
>>19179749
Thank you very much Ape.
(yes 93 not 156)
>>
>>19179749
Should I read the Hermeneutics one right after Paratrisika?
>>
>>19179793
Sure.

>>19179782
>>19179781
Pardon.
>>
>>19179788
I'm with you. Just because the OTO is trash and a lot of the AA lineages are trash doesn't mean the 93 current is dead, I interact with it every day along with other currents and it seems as live as ever. I'm also not even remotely convinced that magical currents are temporally fixed in such a linear way as KAOS magazine would describe. Seems like yet another case of a spiritually inclined individual finding something and thinking that something changes Everything.
>>
>>19179798
No apologies needed.
Thank you very much Ape.
(yes 156 not 93)
:^)
>>
File: Seymour.gif (362KB, 256x184px)
Seymour.gif
362KB, 256x184px
>>19179812
>it seems as live as ever
Show me the Fresh Fever coming from Gunther or Breeze.

I'll wait :3
>>
>>19179816
> 93 VS 156! Let the current wars begin!!
Heh. No conflict from me. Use what works for you.
Peace and 93.
>>
File: gunter-adventure-time-47.6.jpg (14KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
gunter-adventure-time-47.6.jpg
14KB, 210x240px
>>19179829
Wank
>>
>>19179847
I use neither, as I'm not a thelemite. I'm just memeing
>>
>>19179829
show me how the formula in ThROA or Pyrimidos is made defunct by the work done with the 156 current, or how the Mass of the Pheonix no longer works, or how the Invisible House has fallen. Shitty government doesn't make a shitty country, but it can be a red flag. Osiris had to suffer Centuries of shitty government before that formula fell.
>>
>>19179829
>coming from
Who?
Why rely on outside 'fresh fever'? Should it not come from oneself?
>>
>>19179868
>ThROA or Pyrimidos is made defunct by the work done with the 156 current
All prophets are valid, only insomuch as they understand a little.

Don't change we're in the most danger since Germer.

>>19179880
Sorry, I'd rather have a head that can:
1) Show his work.
2) Implement the Mysteries of the Equinox (there's a reason I pull a divination twice a year).
3) Produce something, at LEAST, as *interesting* as Nema, and we can't even get that low bar hung.
>>
>>19179167
The field isn't in the Hebrew
>>
>>19179912
>The field isn't in the Hebrew
Shit, what is it? You're gonna make me bust out concordance.
>>
>>19179908
I mean with all due respect what "new" is being done with the 156 current? I'm sure something interesting is happening but there's no clear public manifestation.
>>
>>19179829
>Fresh Fever

you're gonna have to make me ironically post this garbage heap again:
https://iao131.com/2016/11/16/a-thelemic-political-manifesto/
>>
>>19179923
>>19179912

שָׂדֶה sadeh
http://www.billheidrick.com/works/hgm2/hg0190.htm#192

Hm....
>>
>>19179943
How does 'field' not parse, particularly with context?

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/7704.htm
>>
>>19179943
that definitely is field because that word is in the Hebrew translation of "Morphological field"
>>
>>19179958
That's...interesting.

Is Sadeh used in all physics or mystical "fields"? Magnetic field, etc?
>>
>>19179964
>>19179958
The Lord God google says yes.
>>
>>19179964
yeah sorry I saw it used specifically as "morphological" or "linguistic" field when I was studying linguistic anthropology, that's the only reason I know that
>>
>>19179955
No, What Cain says to his brother is never told in the Hebrew, translators extrapolate from context
>>
>>19179982
>No, What Cain says to his brother is never told in the Hebrew, translators extrapolate from context
>>19179943
>שָׂדֶה sadeh
It's in the Masoretic.
>>
>>19179964
what's interesting about sadeh is how different it is from פרדס (pardes lit. orchard) from the "four entered the orchard" story. If pardes is a metaphor for paradise through the study of the Torah and Merkabah practice then what does sadeh represent, what metaphor is the geometry of the idea concealing?
>>
>>19179986
>>19179982
Aleppo codex has בשדה.
>>
>>19179997
>פרדס
>344 (I think?)
http://www.billheidrick.com/works/hgm3/hg0340.htm#344
>>
>>19180004
Ah, thanks, that's why I was having trouble finding it. I believe that's the third person narration, not Cain speaking. It only appears once in 4:8
>>
>>19179997
>שָׂדֶה
Quick Iyuun:

>It is through the diffuse fires of Ressurection that that the Veils of Shekinah are torn down from the temple, unveiling that Light which is the breath of equilibrium and axle of the wheel, a fulcrum of the boundless point.
>>
>>19180004

Jps translation:Cain spoke unto Abel his brother. And it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

Rashi:And Cain spoke: He entered with him into words of quarrel and contention, to find a pretext to kill him. There are Aggadic interpretations on this matter, but this is the plain meaning of the verse.
>>
>>19180033
Oh damn that was Lit, and it specifically relates the spiritual themes that I've been working through lately

good lookin, Ape
>>
File: OhLordyINeedHelp.jpg (28KB, 707x370px) Image search: [Google]
OhLordyINeedHelp.jpg
28KB, 707x370px
>>19177607
>Be Me
>raised christian all my life
>finally manage to shake off that bullshit
>get into learning about magick
>haven't done any magick, but i know this is something i want to do
>i'm incredibly wary because all those years of Christianity have programmed my brain to have a sharp-fear reaction to the occult
>i want to go slow and at my own pace to get my mind acclimated
>be me again
>go into this thread and see Ape of Thoth recommend a book of what i assume is grimoire to get my feet wet with summonig so to speak
>feelingofhope.png
>get the grimoire and skim through the beginning;
>"Disclaimer
Part of the fascination of this text is no doubt due to the many
grotesque and criminal elements, such as using a human skull and
blood. This is particularly true in the appended "amazing secrets."
These should in no way be regarded in any other way than horror fiction. Anyone attempting them literally is more likely to end up in jail,
or a hospital for the criminally insane, rather than experience true
magic."
>2SPOOKY4ME
>thought the vernum was "babies first summoning" but i guess i was wrong

ape, is there anything on summoning that's less intense? I want to shake of this visceral "nah nigga don't mess wit diss shit" feeling that i sometimes get i can't do that with stuff like this.
>>
>>19179986
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+4%3A8&version=ESV

See footnote, the dialogue isn't in the masoretic
>>
Are we past the bump mark yet? This thread started kind of shitty but turned out pretty great. Good work everyone
>>
>>19180057
>Less intense
Summoning is arguably one of the most intense spiritual activities in Western Occultism if you do it right. Either Don't be a puss or start with the basics like meditation and Yoga.

>Christianity have programmed my brain
I strongly recommend you Eucharistically incarnate the Spirit of Jesus Christ in a frog and then crucify it.
>>
Zohar 1:4a
Rabbi Abba said:
One day I came to a city of the people of the East, and they told me some wisdom
that they had inherited from ancient times. They also had books explaining this
wisdom, and they brought me one such book.
In this book it was written that when a person meditates in this world, a spirit
(ruach) is transmitted to him from on high. The type of spirit depends on the desire to
which he attaches himself. If his mind attaches itself to something lofty and holy, then
that is what he transmits down to himself. But if his mind attaches itself to the Other
Side, and he meditates on this, then that will be what he transmits down to himself.
They said, “It all depends on word, deed, and the individual's desire to attach
himself. Through these, he transmits downward to himself that side to which he
becomes attached.”
In that book I found all the [idolatrous] rites and practices involved in the worship
of the stars and constellations. It included the things needed for such rites, as well as
instructions how one must meditate in order to transmit their [influence] to himself.
In the same manner, one who wishes to attach himself on high through Ruach
HaKodesh must do so with deed, word, and desire of the heart, meditating in that area.
This is what it depends on when on wishes to bind himself to something and transmit
its influence to himself. . . .
I said to them, “My children, the things in that book are very close to the teachings
of the Torah. But you must keep yourselves from these books in order that your hearts
not be drawn to their [idolatrous] practices and all the [other] facets mentioned there,
and lest you be drawn away from serving the Blessed Holy One.”
All these books can confuse a person. This is because the people of the East were
great sages, who inherited this wisdom from Abraham.
>>
is there any matirial on summoning, outside of the lesser and greater key of solomon?
>>
>>19180179
nope, none, sorry
>>
>>19180179
Grand Grimoire, Grimorium Verum (which has been recommended twice in this thread)...

Come on, lad. Open the MEGA library, download "The Book of Ceremonial Magic" in the A.E.Waite folder or download any other in the Grimoires folder.
>>
>>19180095
I'll start a new thread, as no one will see this thread naturally, and this thread is on it's way to a natural death
>>
>>19180426
I tried a few times, it will not let me create a new thread. I used a Dee image and the usual links as text. The communications literally hang (as if someone is looking at them, and deciding), then they die.

I give up. Maybe someone who is not me can get it done.
>>
>>19180162
dross, neither edifying or interesting. Worthless.

Shit.

Not useful.

Accusing others, but from a primitive and worthless place.

Shit.

Less than usefull, actually harmful, offers nothing but shit.
>>
>>19180517
Why so triggered, friend?
>>
>>19180612
If you look closely, you'll see that my outrage is 100% fake. I was still trying to figure out why the new thread was blocked, and a couple of other strange things.

It seems also that legitimate posts were being deleted in the recent past.

Also interesting is that there have been about 50 posts between us, but they only allow one one or two.

I suspect that you are just a regular person, look at this
>>19171646

there have been things going on here that are beyond strange.

Deleting on-topic posts is always the first downfall of any board, on any place on the internet, at any time in history.

But why is it happening now? There is a storm that we aren't privy to, but they exploit us nonetheless.

Watch carefully, because things are far from normal.
>>
It is genuinely time for us to start exploring the fact that we aren't really welcome here, and that there are other places where such profoundly primitive censorship and deleting just won't happen.
>>
>>19180665
Nah. Not the first time, doubt this is gonna be the last tho.

See: >>19175404
Also, /div/ went through worse.
>>
>>19180683
your guess on what is going on?

It is more intense by far than we have seen in maybe three years. (no use denying anything anymore, it's all on the table now ( it has been for a couple days, it's just trickling down to regualr 4chan users now)
>>
>>19180693
I think you think it's a bigger deal than it really is. There are just a bunch of incompetent new janitors who auto delete anything that gets reported without looking. Combine that with the fact that there are some actual enemies of this thread and the reports flood in.
>>
>>19178859
Just venting disappointment.
>>
>>19180693
Well, at first I thought it was the mods and/or the new janis showing off (just making themselves known), but then I noticed those /b/tier threads were still up. My guess is that one of them just dislikes _this_ thread, meanwhile others threads, talking about magic or mysticism remain up and untouched, with or without offtopic and shitposting

Overall, /x/ doesn't have regular users, neither janitors.
Just gotta wait for it to blow over.
Thread posts: 431
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.